PDA

View Full Version : Matter of Attitude

FoxMulder
06-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Is just me or the Pistons has more attitude than the Spurs.
I think the Spurs are far better team. But Pistons show agressiveness, desperation and play like they have to prove something to the rest of the world.
Only a few Spurs play with heart. Manu, and yes maybe he made some mistakes but at least try, Horry, sometimes Timmy D, and when played Big Dog and Devin.
The rest of the Spurs needs some blood transfusion.

Wins who wins it was real Finals to me. Pistons deserves a lot of credits and respect even if they lost... for the Spurs is win or win, if they lost, their lack of agressiveness will be "a Legend"

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 09:46 AM
The Spurs are just as good as the Pistons, IMO.

Whoever wins, wins.

It basically comes down to mental toughness, and the Pistons have that, we don't.

They came to San Antonio with 2 must-wins ahead of them, but they didn't see it that way. They look at is as, we just need to win this next game, then whoever wins the game after that wins.
During the game, they do not get nervous at all, they just relax, focus, and play well, as if it were a normal game.

The Spurs have backed down, and they need to win this next game. I wanna see some attitude.

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 09:49 AM
I just think it boils down to two things:

1. Play smart (Spurs didn't)
2. Execute (Pistons did -- Spurs didn't)

It's really that simple. It's not that players are "soft" or don't have "heart". Believe me, the Spurs want to win this just as badly as the Pistons.

FoxMulder
06-22-2005, 11:17 AM
I know they want, but
are they really tough enough!?

In last games they werenīt....

I just hope for a miracle, such as Horry or Manu emerging as saviours....

but if Detroit plays solid, is over....

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Look at the makeup of our players, and your players. Also look at who wins championships in the NBA. You are led by a foreign PG, SG, and basically a foreign PF.

The only guys on your team that I feel have any swagger is Bowen and Big Shot Bob. (american)

I think to win in the NBA your core players that contribute the most have to be american. Kind of that pissed off I have something to prove cockiness. I mean look

03-04 - Detroit - Billups, Sheed, Ben
04-05 - SA - Duncan DRob Bowen
99-02 - LA - Shaq Kobe Fisher
98-99 - SA - DRob Duncan Bowen
95-98 - Chi - Jordan Pippen Rodman
93-95 - Hou - (Jordan not in league this is BS Title) Hakeem Cassell Horry
90-93 - Chi - Jordan Pippen
88-90 - Det - Isiah Dumars Rodman

Lakers - Celtics and 76ers throughout the 80's Bird Magic Kareem Erving

Hakeem kind of skews my theory but Jordan should have been in the league and he would have won those 2 rings I think we all can agree on that.

Europeans just do not have the same competitive edge that I think americans have or the will to win? I am not sure, I really cannot explain it...You guys might be able to comment a little better. We had Memo last year along with Darko and Arroyo this year, and you can tell they do not react the same even their demenior is different

FoxMulder
06-22-2005, 11:34 AM
If americans are so competitive why they didnīt win the Olimpics? If you got balls then no matter where you are from.

Thatīs called racism...

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Its called argue the facts.

Because unlike the NBA the world game is a totally different game. If you follow basketball and know basketball you know what I am talking about.

I did not mean what I said to discriminate or put down any other ethnicity. Basically the NBA is dominated by Americans and it IS a primarly AMERICAN ran. If you look at the past CHAMPIONS IN THE NBA they mostly have AMERICANS running the critical parts of their team.

again...no disrespect to any other race or ethnicity.

Sportcamper
06-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Oh my...Not this again...

http://www.congressionalgoldmedal.com/JackieRobinson.jpg

GrandeDavid
06-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Let's hope the Spurs can "flip the switch" and decide to play a championship basketball game tomorrow night.

caspian
06-22-2005, 12:34 PM
If americans are so competitive why they didnīt win the Olimpics? If you got balls then no matter where you are from.

Thatīs called racism...

You raise a good point about the Olympics...but what he's saying is not 'racism'. If you haven't noticed, we have a basketball culture that produces an overwhelming majority of players that are black minorities.

This culture is 'in your face', ego-centric, bling-bling, obnoxiously arrogant...and can be intimidating (in America only) because it has absorbed all of pop culture with it. Fighting it is like fighting American pop culture / media. It also seems to actually work as a mental advantage to the 'insiders'.

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 12:35 PM
You raise a good point about the Olympics...but what he's saying is not 'racism'. If you haven't noticed, we have a basketball culture that produces an overwhelming majority of players that are black minorities.

This culture is 'in your face', ego-centric, bling-bling, obnoxiously arrogant...and can be intimidating (in America only) because it has absorbed all of pop culture with it. Fighting it is like fighting American pop culture / media. It also seems to actually work as a mental advantage to the 'insiders'.

Thank you for seeing my point and not trying to spin it into me bashing another ethnicity

caspian
06-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Thank you for seeing my point and not trying to spin it into me bashing another ethnicity

No prob. Sucks to be mischaracterized.

However, ironically enough, I have read an article before about how Europeans are actually the ones *not* intimidated by that culture (they don't even know to be)...whereas domestic 'outsiders' are.

My guess is that the longer they are immersed in the American culture and its media, the more intimidated they may become.

FoxMulder
06-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Ok maybe you are right and Iīm wrong. As you say is a matter of facts. Right now temas with American core won in the NBA. Except Spurs 2003 (Tim D)and Rockets (Nazr). But not only them. Donīt forget about it. Its a team sport...

As I remember Okur, Kukoc and Manu also play in champion teams. And made clutch plays.

Sorry about the racism. I was too upset with last night lost.

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Ok maybe you are right and Iīm wrong. As you say is a matter of facts. Right now temas with American core won in the NBA. Except Spurs 2003 (Tim D)and Rockets (Nazr). But not only them. Donīt forget about it. Its a team sport...

As I remember Okur, Kukoc and Manu also play in champion teams. And made clutch plays.

Okur didnt do anything lol

darrenbatty
06-22-2005, 01:53 PM
quite surprising you would totally seem to ignore Toni Kukoc from any of the Chicago headings..

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 01:55 PM
quite surprising you would totally seem to ignore Toni Kukoc from any of the Chicago headings..

Kukoc did help those teams...no question about it...did he start? Also, he was a defensive liability. He would be subbed in and out at the end of games due to his play. So that is why I left hiim out

BTW. I loved Kukoc on the bulls

FoxMulder
06-22-2005, 02:00 PM

I didnīt want to say Nazr it was Hakeem,
my mistake

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Wait, MUHME, are you saying that the Spurs can't win a Championship because of Tony and Manu? I call BS (unless I'm mis-reading you).

I don't think Billups, Rip or even Horry are necessarily more competitive than "foreigners". (And technically, Tim is NOT American born. He was born in a US territory, the Virgin Islands. They have their own Olympic Team even).

Anyway, if the Spurs do win tomorrow, will it change your opinion?

duncan2k5
06-22-2005, 03:01 PM
actually from my experiences with manu europeans who play basketball they have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to black basketball players. they take it to em. they aren't intimidated. you might even say some of them hate them. and they have the steroetype that most black basketball players lack the IQ and are blessed with the physical attributes to play the game. they are annoyed by the bravado that many black players show (like screaming and chest thumping and all that). many of them are impressed with ppl like amare because as one told me, they dont have many people who can do that where he is from. well. thats my experiences with what some of em think