PDA

View Full Version : EJ and Kenny pick Danny Green for MIP

lefty
05-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Ii hope hell get the award :D

Knoxxx
05-03-2012, 01:24 AM
I don't, then he will cost more and less likely to stay.

timtonymanu
05-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Would be nice.

It's probably going to Lin though.

freetiago
05-03-2012, 01:38 AM
I don't, then he will cost more and less likely to stay.

beat me to it
hes already getting a decent amount of national attention now and a lot of UNC guys are tweeting about him
i dont think the award would do much for his game/confidence anyway since he already has a lot

If he continues playing like this i could see him getting 7-8 mil per year
SA wants him at 4-5, some posters even thought 3-4

100%duncan
05-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Fuck Lin. He deserves it, but yeah I don't want him to get it so that he'd cost less.

chazley
05-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Ej didnt even have danny in the top three.

jestersmash
05-03-2012, 02:07 AM
beat me to it
hes already getting a decent amount of national attention now and a lot of UNC guys are tweeting about him
i dont think the award would do much for his game/confidence anyway since he already has a lot

Source? Or did you just make that up?

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2012, 02:28 AM
htf does LIN get the award, dude is fkn overrated even though he did manage to put the shit hole knicks on his back to win 10 straight games, the games he didnt win? he was fkn statpadding in scrub minutes when he was exposed he couldnt do shit against the superior teams when they figured him out couldnt dribble left or play a lick of defense

would like to see green get it, but that would just drive up his asking price....i still think some team is going to throw the MLE or more if they are desperate for his services depending how he does in the playoffs...

Hooks
05-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Only Kenny went with Green, EJ said he was going with Chuck's pick who was Anderson.

chazley
05-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Only Kenny went with Green, EJ said he was going with Chuck's pick who was Anderson.

Wtf show were you guys watching? Let me clarify:

Shaq: Ryan Anderson
Kenny: Danny Green
Chuck: Andrew Bynum
EJ: Andrew Bynum

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2012, 03:43 AM
lol htf is bynum get votes? its not like his some 2-3yr player...

freetiago
05-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Source? Or did you just make that up?

made up, but looking at past situations like stephen jackson i dont think SA would make the same mistake of offering to little
i also know they wont offer to much
ideally theyd want him around 4 mil
danny shouldnt be making about half of what TP is making a year but i honestly believe some team will overpay him in the 6-8 mil range depending on his playoff performance
top 10 in 3 fg%
can defend 1-3
can handle the ball a little
averages 1 block/steal a game

thats like arron affalo but better considering this is basically greens rookie year
affalo is also making about 8 mil per

Halberto
05-03-2012, 04:46 AM
beat me to it

7-8 million? No way.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-03-2012, 07:04 AM
beat me to it

He's not getting 7-8, not in this new NBA economy with the wicked bad luxury tax looming in like a year. He's strictly a complementary piece. If you ever watched him when Pop sits the big 3, he struggles badly to find a shot.

dougp
05-03-2012, 07:08 AM
lol htf is bynum get votes? its not like his some 2-3yr player...

Hedo got it after he played shitty for the Spurs and helped turn the Magic into contenders.

Lin doesn't get it because he doesn't have a large sampling (IMO) and Bynum shouldn't be in the conversation because this is the first season he's living up to is potential - along with being healthy and not losing minutes to Odom.

pgardn
05-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Hedo got it after he played shitty for the Spurs and helped turn the Magic into contenders.

Lin doesn't get it because he doesn't have a large sampling (IMO) and Bynum shouldn't be in the conversation because this is the first season he's living up to is potential - along with being healthy and not losing minutes to Odom.

Bynum is a much better player than last year. He is actually in much better shape and is a dominant player. His footwork is so much better. I dont buy using the potential card. What should hold him back is his absolutely child-like behavior. If the NBA really cares, attitude should knock him out.

I guess it depends on how one defines improvement.

Seventyniner
05-03-2012, 07:58 AM
The Spurs will only be able to match offers up to the MLE, so if a team starts a deal at $6M, Danny's gone. I'm not sure if the Spurs would match a 4-year full MLE offer, because using their own MLE after that would likely push them into tax territory.

lefty
05-03-2012, 08:17 AM
My bad

I was drunk

wildbill2u
05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Somehow it takes away from the good feeling that one of our youngsters is mentioned for an award to discuss how some folks don't want him to be recognized because it might cost the Spurs more money or we might lose him. It's a short step from there to: "Gee I hope he doesn't continue to shine in the playoffs."

And that's bullshit.

Neither Green nor the TEAM are playing for individual honors, but I'm sure they'd be happy to see one of their own win recognition. They're playing to win as a team.

Lets support the team and win the damn championship first.

Darkwaters
05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
7-8M?

Maybe if he was 7'2 and had a production upswing like this. But nobody is going to overpay at that level for a one-hit wonder swingman.

dylankerouac
05-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Somehow it takes away from the good feeling that one of our youngsters is mentioned for an award to discuss how some folks don't want him to be recognized because it might cost the Spurs more money or we might lose him. It's a short step from there to: "Gee I hope he doesn't continue to shine in the playoffs."

And that's bullshit.

Neither Green nor the TEAM are playing for individual honors, but I'm sure they'd be happy to see one of their own win recognition. They're playing to win as a team.

Lets support the team and win the damn championship first.

Agree. If he helps the Spurs win a championship he's likely getting a payday one way or another. I'd rather he get his pay day because of a LOB trophy. If he happens to get MIPS good for him, but I hope he chooses to stay for 3 more years with a player option for last year. Ride this team out and try for a b2b.

DMC
05-03-2012, 09:17 AM
I think it goes to Ryan Anderson.

tesseractive
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
7-8M?

Maybe if he was 7'2 and had a production upswing like this. But nobody is going to overpay at that level for a one-hit wonder swingman.

Plus, any GM with sense is going to wonder if it's a product-of-the-system thing. How good would he be without having the rest of the Spurs around him?

Then again, the NBA has never been short of GMs with no sense, so who knows?

TimmehC
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
7-8M?

Kahn is desperate for a decent 2-guard. Just saying.

spursfan 73
05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
pretty sure cousins will win it

Proxy
05-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I remember Anderson being a unanimous pick on nba.com

JR3
05-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry but Andrew Bynum is not "most improved" just because he is healthy and actually plays the game and pads his rebound stats by missing layups.

tmtcsc
05-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Would be nice.

It's probably going to Lin though.

Lin ? I don't think he qualifies for the award does he ? Don't you have to have played a certain minimum amount of games ?

Keepin' it real
05-03-2012, 01:56 PM

And that's bullshit.

I agree with you. But I do understand the sentiment of people who want to keep Green's success "secret."

This is like if you were dating an average-looking woman ... then she loses 20 pounds, gets implants and a nose job. Suddenly you're like :wow :wow :wow and :married: ... but she sees greener pastures with someone else, so you end up
:( :ihit :flipoff :depressed :hang