PDA

View Full Version : No choice but to go to argentina

diego
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
with a game 7, and no TV coverage whatsoever here in Chile, I am forced to take the 5hr drive to argentina so I can see this LIVE. I've already made the arrangements at work, I'm just wondering.. anybody here live in Mendoza?? :angel

Vashner
06-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Wow cool.

vanvannen
06-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Diego, you should go to Manu's home page. You should me able to find Mendocinos there.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-22-2005, 11:34 AM
with a game 7, and no TV coverage whatsoever here in Chile, I am forced to take the 5hr drive to argentina so I can see this LIVE. I've already made the arrangements at work, I'm just wondering.. anybody here live in Mendoza?? :angel

Not that I know, but you should be able to watch the game if the hotel has cable/satellite TV. Also, surely a sports theme bar or a pub could show the game.

Btw, how are you going to cross the border? It was closed because of snow yesterday.

diego
06-22-2005, 04:29 PM
the border is open since today, hopefully it stays that way, but i'm having other problems

car needs some special insurance because of a new law in Arg., and I cant get it in time.
rentals needs special permission to cross the border, and the only place that will do it fast enough wants me to pay 250$USD to have the car 24 hrs!

and lastly, my housemate who is also a rabid spurs fan, has visa problems (he's from India)

but if I have to I'll take a bus by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Go Diego Go!!!

samikeyp
06-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Be safe Diego!