PDA

View Full Version : Expendables II Trailer

NameDropper
05-03-2012, 03:58 PM
XQf3YP8p85I

cantthinkofanything
05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I didn't watch the first one. But my question is, was is so ridiculous to the point of being watchable?

JoeChalupa
05-03-2012, 04:14 PM
I didn't watch the first one. But my question is, was is so ridiculous to the point of being watchable?

I haven't seen the first one either. Not even red box.

DesignatedT
05-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I know a lot of people were disappointed with the first one but I found it entertaining. I guess I wasn't expecting much.

Anyway, I heard Stallone was looking ahead to the 2nd one the whole time when doing the first one so this one should be better.

Drachen
05-03-2012, 05:52 PM
I saw the first one and it was everything I imagined it would be.

Venti Quattro
05-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Too much awesomeness. I'm so fucking excited after that trailer.

SA210
05-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Van Damme makes thiss even more worth it. Can't frickin wait!

:ihit

benefactor
05-03-2012, 06:50 PM
First one kicked ass. In looking at that trailer I don't see the result being any different.

Slutter McGee
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Pissed off. Heard it was going to be PG-13 because Norris wouldn't do it otherwise.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

benefactor
05-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Nope. Rated R.

Stallone had originally revealed a PG-13 rating for the film, though he later recanted on the comments, insisting that the project would keep its R-rated edge.
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a379687/the-expendables-2-all-star-cast-feature-in-explosive-first-trailer.html

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2012, 08:01 PM
arnold ripped the shit out of that smart car

BlairForceDejuan
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Arnold just isn't the same anymore. Aside from him being 120 years old, he's completely lost all of his swagger.

Banging uggo housekeepers, being lib pus, cmon Conan. Youre not fooling anyone ripping off smart car doors.

Venti Quattro
06-04-2012, 06:21 PM
FTgF90AveUE

xtpdj31wshI

Stringer_Bell
06-04-2012, 08:56 PM
If you're into this shit, I'd suggest staying away from trailers cuz they've got some cool visuals that you might want to save for the theater.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2012, 03:32 AM
they need a real fkn villain man...

Venti Quattro
06-05-2012, 07:18 AM
they need a real fkn villain man...

LOL you faggot. van Damme is not enough for a villain?

Stringer_Bell
06-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Tong Po and Chong Li as cameo henchmen would be tight as hell. ONLY THEN, it would be the greatest movie ever made that has yet to be released.

Venti Quattro
06-18-2012, 12:07 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2cz3bpx.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I guess Washed-Ups was taken?

Xevious
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
If anybody was disappointed with the first one, that's their own fault for watching it. The movie was exactly what it was advertised to be.

benefactor
06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Again...a lot of people are going to die and a lot of shit is going to get destroyed. I'm ready.

Venti Quattro
06-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Again...a lot of people are going to die and a lot of shit is going to get destroyed. I'm ready.

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
06-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Can't wait.

The first one was really fun. Anyone who hated on this movie must have been thinking stallone was trying to do a life changing deep spiritual, symbolic Oscar movie

CuckingFunt
06-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Can't wait.

The first one was really fun. Anyone who hated on this movie must have been thinking stallone was trying to do a life changing deep spiritual, symbolic Oscar movie

I wanted the first one to be more fun, actually. I think Stallone was the one taking it too seriously at moments.

Still want to see this one, but with lower expectations.

SA210
08-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Who's ready for this weekend? I've got my midnight tickets already :hat

================================================== ====

Jean-Claude Van Damme Shines In The Moronically Irresistible Entertainment Of ‘Expendables 2’

Van Damme is the film’s real MVP, adding flourishes to his dialogue that are obviously improvised, and which breathe life into what might otherwise be rote hero-villain exchanges. Not only does he retain every bit of the physical dexterity that he demonstrated in his youth, but he has noticeably improved as an actor, and proves here that he deserves to be more than a straight-to-DVD star.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/review-jean-claude-van-damme-shines-in-the-dumb-indispensable-entertainment-of-expendables-2-20120814

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/B4VW90tkPRX5PL0bI7rQqA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD05MzM7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2012/04/26/FIN02-EX2-Tsr-VanDamme-P02-Trim-jpg_164116.jpg (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/review-jean-claude-van-damme-shines-in-the-dumb-indispensable-entertainment-of-expendables-2-20120814)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v7fPJ6vGQDU/T5nuPlHPdUI/AAAAAAAAASg/vwRT81qeK_Y/s1600/ex-2-posters.jpg (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/review-jean-claude-van-damme-shines-in-the-dumb-indispensable-entertainment-of-expendables-2-20120814)

================================================== ====== (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/review-jean-claude-van-damme-shines-in-the-dumb-indispensable-entertainment-of-expendables-2-20120814)

'The Expendables 2' isn't even out and producer is already talking about casting Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Nicolas Cage in third one

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/expendables-2-producer-talking-casting-clint-eastwood-harrison-ford-wesley-snipes-nicolas-cage-article-1.1136036

ace3g
08-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Definitely seeing this sometime during the Weekend

TDMVPDPOY
08-15-2012, 03:27 AM
looks good man

first scene in the jungle which asian group are they fighting?

i see there is a asian female in it, whats her name?

SA210
08-15-2012, 11:03 AM
looks good man

first scene in the jungle which asian group are they fighting?

i see there is a asian female in it, whats her name?

Nan Yu, I believe

The Gemini Method
08-15-2012, 11:08 AM
It puts all the action-movie stars we all grew up with...well, if you're in the category of 30 somethings and it has no premise of being The Piano or whatever blaise chic oscar winning movie. So the expectations should be alot of pyrotechnics and bullets hitting some villainous entity and that's it. Enough for me! Norris and van Damme! Hello 80's and 90's!

SA210
08-15-2012, 01:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ed/The_Expendables_2_poster.jpg

cantthinkofanything
08-15-2012, 01:51 PM
where are all the black heroes in this movie? Carl Weathers, Mr. T., Wesley Snipes?

Trainwreck2100
08-15-2012, 02:04 PM
unfortunately carl and sly don't get along and Snipes is in prison

ace3g
08-15-2012, 02:11 PM
They are working on getting Snipes for the 3rd (still has prison issues). I was just talking the other day how Carl Weathers needs to be in the next one: 2 scenes are needed; interaction between Arnold and Stallone, and an awkward moment with Dolph.

cantthinkofanything
08-15-2012, 02:13 PM
They are working on getting Snipes for the 3rd (still has prison issues). I was just talking the other day how Carl Weathers needs to be in the next one: 2 scenes are needed; interaction between Arnold and Stallone, and an awkward moment with Dolph.

awesome...Weathers is conspicuous in his absence.
Only thing that might punch it up is have crazy Mel Gibson involved.

Trainwreck2100
08-15-2012, 02:14 PM
i already told you carl and sly don't get along

cantthinkofanything
08-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Anyone know why Stallone and Weathers haven't done more movies together? I thought their chemistry in the Rocky series was outstanding.

Trainwreck2100
08-15-2012, 02:19 PM
cause weathers wouldn't okay stallone using him a flashback scene in the Rocky Balboa movie.

UZER
08-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Nan Yu, I believe

As in....Nan Yu business

cantthinkofanything
08-15-2012, 03:20 PM
black lady and white lady are in the dairy section at the supermarket
white lady grabs the last pack of cheese slices
black lady : "that's Nan Yu cheese"

SA210
08-15-2012, 03:34 PM
As in....Nan Yu business

lol I've seen the names reversed "Yu Nan" too, so I don't know the way it actually goes, but this is the gal.

http://www.chinesefilms.cn/mmsource/images/2011/10/17/6cc93eab8d9a4e2cae57dc22fc27c381.jpg

http://glueimg.s3.amazonaws.com/stickers/huge/lionsgate/the_expendables_2_yu_nan_as_maggie.png

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0950544/

UZER
08-15-2012, 04:42 PM
She also goes by arnel pineda...current lead singer for journey.

http://www.pinoygigs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/arnel-pineda1.jpg

cantthinkofanything
08-15-2012, 04:45 PM
http://glueimg.s3.amazonaws.com/stickers/huge/lionsgate/the_expendables_2_yu_nan_as_maggie.png

She also goes by arnel pined....current lead singer for journey.

http://www.pinoygigs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/arnel-pineda1.jpg

winner

symple19
08-15-2012, 05:05 PM
this flick is going to be a lot of fun. 1st one was awesome

UZER
08-15-2012, 05:17 PM
When I first saw the trailer I wondered why is jet li wearing a wig? Didn't know this chick was in it.

The Reckoning
08-15-2012, 07:18 PM
where are all the black heroes in this movie? Carl Weathers, Mr. T., Wesley Snipes?

because weathers was killed by predator, duh.

ace3g
08-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Danny Glover should be another target.

The Reckoning
08-15-2012, 07:31 PM
weathers was killed by lundgren too :lol

damn he dies alot

ace3g
08-15-2012, 07:34 PM
for certain actors, it is almost part of their contract (Sean Bean).

SA210
08-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Danny Glover should be another target.

He's too old for that shit

Trainwreck2100
08-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Clint Eastwood needs to be in the next one

ace3g
08-15-2012, 08:57 PM
They are working on that as well, they said Nic Cage is pretty much guaranteed

The Reckoning
08-15-2012, 09:00 PM
they need to bring in bruce campbell and do a 'bubba ho-tep' sequel then with all those old mummies in a retirement home.

SA210
08-15-2012, 09:36 PM
'The Expendables 2' isn't even out and producer is already talking about casting Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Nicolas Cage in third one

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/expendables-2-producer-talking-casting-clint-eastwood-harrison-ford-wesley-snipes-nicolas-cage-article-1.1136036

TDMVPDPOY
08-15-2012, 10:16 PM
lets hope no fkn samuel jackson

SA210
08-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Austin Alamo Drafthouse had a 3 movie Van Damme marathon before a sneak showing of Expendables 2. DAMME!

yl6Yy8YoP4M

SA of course isn't doing that here. :rolleyes

http://drafthouse.com/movies/zzangarang_presents_van_dammage_w_the_expendables_ 2/austin

SA210
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
:tu:tu

Loved it, went to the midnight screening. Putting it in the hands of another Director I think helped this film. I like Sly directing, but I think in this instance it helped.

Entertaining as fuck, in my opinion, better story, chemistry and laughs. I have one problem, but I don't want to give anything away, but I do have a beef about something, or actually two things.

Anyway, glad to see Van Damme back. Van Damme and Chuck Norris are the stand outs in this film to me and I hope there is a directors cut with MORE Van Damme.

I will definitely buy the blu ray when it comes out. After enough people have seen it I will talk about those things that bothered me.

Overall 8.6/10 (for a an action flick) Would have gotten higher if it weren't for that one thing.

ace3g
08-17-2012, 03:39 PM
:tu:tu

Loved it, went to the midnight screening. Putting it in the hands of another Director I think helped this film. I like Sly directing, but I think in this instance it helped.

Entertaining as fuck, in my opinion, better story, chemistry and laughs. I have one problem, but I don't want to give anything away, but I do have a beef about something, or actually two things.

Anyway, glad to see Van Damme back. Van Damme and Chuck Norris are the stand outs in this film to me and I hope there is a directors cut with MORE Van Damme.

I will definitely buy the blu ray when it comes out. After enough people have seen it I will talk about those things that bothered me.

Overall 8.6/10 (for a an action flick) Would have gotten higher if it weren't for that one thing.

Must be something spoilerish?? Right now my first complaint (but won't let it bother me as much) they are still using CGI blood and bad cgi in a few other places, something that bothered me from the 1st (suppose to be throwback to 80s).

SA210
08-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Must be something spoilerish?? Right now my first complaint (but won't let it bother me as much) they are still using CGI blood and bad cgi in a few other places, something that bothered me from the 1st (suppose to be throwback to 80s).

That was my 2nd beef, the cgi blood. But that doesn't bother me as much as the main problem I had, and the main problem not really sure it's a spoiler, but just don't want to give it away at all yet.

On the CGI, here is my beef and my theory on what I think happened with that. I honestly believe that the movie was shot as PG13 as originally told by Chuck Norris and Sly.

With the tremendous backlash from fans on that news, they came out and said it would be Rated R again. <-- That part is fact

I think what they did was basically made it rated R by going in an adding that CGI to create more blood and that head blowing off, etc to make it rated R. I have no proof of this, but looking at the film, that's what I think they did.

If you go back to part one, yes they used CGI, but remember the guys top half of his body getting blown back off his body, then Terry also chopped all those guys in half with that artillery lol. Well those types of scenes were missing here. Makes me think it was all planned as PG13, so the only way to change it after the fact was to go in and add all that blood and guts in post to get the rating. I could be wrong lol, but just my thoughts.

Either way, that doesn't even bother be too much, I loved it.

Except for the one DAMME problem! lol ) I'll just say I don't blame the actor, I blame Sly or the Director. Aww fuck it..

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

I think they should have used Van Damme better for the fight scene! That bothers the shit out of me. I think the fight should have been epic, but it was cut too short. Van Damme did GREAT with what he had, I think they underutilized him in the end and made him seem too weak. I was like wtf!? Sly had a long drawn out hard fight in Part one, even saying "I got my ass kicked". To me, now you have Van Damme, it's Part 2, let's get nasty. I'd say Van Damme should have had at least 3 more kicks in the fight. lol
I think Van Damme was done wrong here, and hopefully they add some footage to the directors cut on that fight scene.

Anyway, besides that I loved it a lot, and can't wait to buy it.

ace3g
08-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Well they even those scenes in the 1st one where Terry blows guys apart with the auto shotgun and Dolph blows that guy in half, was CGI, not done with practical effects/ blood squibs.

**misread what you said, and those type of scenes are missing from this movie for the most part. Honestly I only remember Norris wanting this to be PG13, not Sly, but who knows, those type of rumors you never get the truth about it.

For example, the story behind why Norton wasn't the Hulk in the Avengers; he said, studio said type statements come out.

By taking a quick glimpse at the spoiler part, I was going to mention that I had a feeling the final fight might be too short and/or didn't give a certain actor justice, that seems to happen a lot more now days in final battles. (Look at TDKR).

The good news is that JCVD, from what I've heard does a good job with the time he is given, and can carry the villain role.

DPG21920
08-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Jcvd is a boss - thats why.

ace3g
08-19-2012, 08:35 PM
That was my 2nd beef, the cgi blood. But that doesn't bother me as much as the main problem I had, and the main problem not really sure it's a spoiler, but just don't want to give it away at all yet.

On the CGI, here is my beef and my theory on what I think happened with that. I honestly believe that the movie was shot as PG13 as originally told by Chuck Norris and Sly.

With the tremendous backlash from fans on that news, they came out and said it would be Rated R again. <-- That part is fact

I think what they did was basically made it rated R by going in an adding that CGI to create more blood and that head blowing off, etc to make it rated R. I have no proof of this, but looking at the film, that's what I think they did.

If you go back to part one, yes they used CGI, but remember the guys top half of his body getting blown back off his body, then Terry also chopped all those guys in half with that artillery lol. Well those types of scenes were missing here. Makes me think it was all planned as PG13, so the only way to change it after the fact was to go in and add all that blood and guts in post to get the rating. I could be wrong lol, but just my thoughts.

Either way, that doesn't even bother be too much, I loved it.

Except for the one DAMME problem! lol ) I'll just say I don't blame the actor, I blame Sly or the Director. Aww fuck it..

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

I think they should have used Van Damme better for the fight scene! That bothers the shit out of me. I think the fight should have been epic, but it was cut too short. Van Damme did GREAT with what he had, I think they underutilized him in the end and made him seem too weak. I was like wtf!? Sly had a long drawn out hard fight in Part one, even saying "I got my ass kicked". To me, now you have Van Damme, it's Part 2, let's get nasty. I'd say Van Damme should have had at least 3 more kicks in the fight. lol
I think Van Damme was done wrong here, and hopefully they add some footage to the directors cut on that fight scene.

Anyway, besides that I loved it a lot, and can't wait to buy it.

Finally saw the movie today, have to agree with the spoiler part, for someone known for his kicks, he really only got 3 (1 during his intro and 2 consecutive during final fight).

You could tell JCVD was in good shape. Also the fight did last longer than I thought it would.

Might have just been me, but there were a few times where I couldn't tell who was getting knocked down (both wearing black).

DPG21920
08-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Loved it. Chuck Norris with the great joke.

ace3g
08-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Loved it. Chuck Norris with the great joke.

Yeah that was awesome

SA210
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Finally saw the movie today, have to agree with the spoiler part, for someone known for his kicks, he really only got 3 (1 during his intro and 2 consecutive during final fight).

You could tell JCVD was in good shape. Also the fight did last longer than I thought it would.

Exactly, that's very unfortunate that they didn't take advantage of having the skills of JCVD available to them. I really hope they add some footage on that fight in the director's cut.

Chuck was awesome :lol

SA210
08-23-2012, 05:28 PM
:lol If Expendables were made in the 80's

IFQxcouHzbw