PDA

View Full Version : Why Brent Barry?

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Brent Barry seems like a nice guy and all, but I don't want him on the floor in games of this magnitude. I know he had one really good game against the Nuggets, but, come on, right now, we'd be better off with Horry. Or how about bringing Devin in?

Jimcs50
06-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Brent Barry seems like a nice guy and all, but I don't want him on the floor in games of this magnitude. I know he had one really good game against the Nuggets, but, come on, right now, we'd be better off with Horry. Or how about bringing Devin in?

Barry had his best offensive game of the series last night...nice call. :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Devin>Barry

Unfortunately, P_p hasn't realized this yet.

sa_butta
06-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I thought Brent Barry did really well taking shots and even penetrating.

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Barry had his best offensive game of the series last night...nice call. :rolleyes

That's not saying much. 11 points on 3 for 10 shooting? 30% shooting is not going to cut it.

kskonn
06-22-2005, 10:29 AM
IMO Devin does not have the ball handling skills of Barry, yet. I would love to see the following line up in the game though, it worked well in the regular season

PG Barry
SG Ginobli
SF Brown
PF Horry
C Duncan

barry and devin always play well together. If I recall some of Devins best games was when he spent the majority of his time on the floor with barry.

Que Gee
06-22-2005, 11:53 AM

First of all, he sat the last 5 and a 1/2 minutes of the game..So I wouldn't say he had much impact in "crunch" time. Second of all, you want to bring in Devin Brown, who's probably played a total of 25 minutes the whole playoffs? 3rd, the reason Barry is playing is because Beno hasn't cut it at the back up point guard roll. Tony is having his problems and Pop has used Manu and Brent to bring up the ball...It has nothing to do with Horry playing instead of Barry, in fact, Barry has been playing a lot WITH Horry on the floor...so your statement doesn't make much sense.

Que Gee
06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
That's not saying much. 11 points on 3 for 10 shooting? 30% shooting is not going to cut it.

He had some nice assists, he handled the offense well as a point guard, and he DROVE the line AGGRESSIVELY which he needs to do more.

Supergirl
06-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Barry is one of the 2 best options for back up PG at this point. Devin can spend some time, but is too green in this kind of game to put him in the position, and Beno is WAY too green for a Game 7. Manu and Barry should be out back up PGs tomorrow night.

Duncan needs to come out strong and early. Manu and Parker need to continue to drive to the basket hard and often, but also look to pass. Bowen needs to tighten up on Rip, and spend time on Billups. Horry and Barry need to hit some 3's. We do this - and we can, and we have - we win.

I hope the SPurs can face the pressure. That's the only thing that worries me. Pistons have faced Game 7s before. Only Horry on the Spurs has.

spur219
06-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Devin should play and I think he will play in game 7. And sometimes Parker tries too hard and ends up messing up.

SouthernFried
06-22-2005, 12:06 PM
I have no problem with Barry playing minutes. He is a huge threat.

And I don't wanna see Parker benched or less minutes. He's been driving well. I just don't want to see him guarding Billups so much. Put him on RIP when he's playing. His speed is enough to hang around RIP, and he prolly can do better on RIP than Chauncy. It's obvious Parker cannot guard Billups.

Supergirl
06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
I agree with Parker guarding Rip. SPurs have had more success when Bowen guards Billups and Parker is on Rip - though you give up a lot of height in the Parker-Rip combo.