PDA

View Full Version : Went to first Spurs game in SA and well worth it!

ro_50
05-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I was in San Antonio this past weekend and I had a tremendous time. My friends wedding on Saturday was beatiful and reception at Ray Ellison auditorium was splendid.

On Sunday, I ventured to the AT & T Center for game 1 and watching the Spurs in SA has been something Ive always wanted to do and finally got to. Great experience. Ive seen them on the road a lot.

Ive now been to SA twice and I like the city!

Pocket Hippo
05-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Plan a return for the finals :toast

Solid D
05-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I was in San Antonio this past weekend and I had a tremendous time. My friends wedding on Saturday was beatiful and reception at Ray Ellison auditorium was splendid.

On Sunday, I ventured to the AT & T Center for game 1 and watching the Spurs in SA has been something Ive always wanted to do and finally got to. Great experience. Ive seen them on the road a lot.

Awesome!!! The people in SA are what makes it a special place. I've lived in lots of places and SA has some of the nicest, most unpretentious people. It makes for a more enjoyable lifestyle and lower stress, that's for sure.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Best damn down I've ever had the pleasure of residing in. Was a SA fan before I knew what the Spurs were, tbh :toast

Glad you had a good time!

redskinfan
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
SA = Easiest place to live IMO, still has the Texas hospitality that the other big cities have lost!

wildbill2u
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM

There is no comparison at all between watching a NBA game on TV and watching one live. While football is great on TV, maybe better than live because of the replays and zooms, basketball has never translated to the video screen that well.

Basketball at NBA level is sorta like a rock group. Listening to a recording is good, but to go to a live concert is magical.

The constant excitement of the crowd as play after play unfolds, the close view of the game, and the wonderful athleticism of the players is simply unbelievable to anyone who hasn't taken the opportunity to go to a live performance. And Spurs crowds can be pretty special too. Glad you took the opportunity.

Nathan89
05-04-2012, 12:40 PM
UPphDSc6ZEE

Spur|n|Austin
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
:toast