PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from the AAC

MavDynasty
05-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Sons, what a pitiful fucking effort. People pay good money to see that shit and THAT'S what they put on the floor? It looked like a jv team out there.

- the calls in the first quarter were complete bullshit starting from the opening play with the phantom foul on Marion during the Westbrook fast break flop

- RC stood behind his team when he got that tech because of 2 missed calls that possession prior

- Dirk looks like dog shit and Kidd did as well. Terry was a no show once again. It's sad when your best fuckin player on the floor is VC

-the atmosphere was pretty nice for such a shit fest. Loudest moment was the carter dunk and the arena went nuts. It got loud as shit and gave the Mavs momentum to end the quarter

- all the thunder do is shoot jumpers and they won't win shit this year. Congrats to San Antonio on number 5

MavDynasty
05-04-2012, 01:57 AM
I got a cool shirt and rally towel though. I'm sure MS will come here and post his thoughts too. We were both pissed off tbh

HeatChamps
05-04-2012, 02:03 AM
You are an idiot. The Heatles will own the Spurs.

BlairForceDejuan
05-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Why didn't y'all white out? I thought game was in OKC for the first 10 minutes once I tuned in.

MavDynasty
05-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Why didn't y'all white out? I thought game was in OKC for the first 10 minutes once I tuned in.

Idk, blue looks better on TV I guess. It was the same way for game 1. Thunder blued out while the Mavs were in blue.

:lol there was an obnoxious but funny thunder fan there. He pissed off some people

Jacob1983
05-04-2012, 02:08 AM
The Heatles will get anal raped by the Spurs in the Finals. Lebron will get swept and still be winless against the Spurs in the Finals. Spurs fans will laugh and boo the shit out of Lebron in San Antonio.

MavDynasty
05-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Oh, and FUCK HAYWOOD.

Jacob1983
05-04-2012, 02:15 AM
Haywood should be cut a la amnesty style. He reached his peaked a long time ago and will never get any better.

jjktkk
05-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Mav fans gotta be pissed Cuban fucked their chances to repeat.

MavDynasty
05-04-2012, 02:23 AM

Yeah we are pissed. If deron plan falls through this summer, we will be stuck with a shit bag in Nash for 3 more years.

BRHornet45
05-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Sons, People pay good money

son not in San Antonio for the playoffs they don't.

IWantsACuatro
05-04-2012, 02:38 AM

Too bad NO fans don't have that opportunity, TBH.

HeatChamps
05-04-2012, 02:50 AM
They had no chance to repeat anyways. Chandler is no miracle worker. And the Heat got better. There will still be idiots who think the Heat won't win it. They are faggots.

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 03:00 AM
The amount of bullshit calls was unreal.

LkrFan
05-04-2012, 03:03 AM
:lol

crc21209
05-04-2012, 03:04 AM

:lol At this nigga with the same damn poke at SA fans. Get a life...

crc21209
05-04-2012, 03:04 AM

Stern's new darlings tbh. It sucks ass....:td

FkLA
05-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Didnt catch this game, but tbh how the fuck do you blame a blowout on the refs? :lol

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Westbrook flopped on a fast break layup and got fts with no one around him cool fuvkin story bro refs set the tone early

HeatChamps
05-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Westbrook flopped on a fast break layup and got fts with no one around him cool fuvkin story bro refs set the tone early
You're a fucking fag. You know that right. OKC owned your ass.

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 03:39 AM
suck a cock fuck face

bus driver
05-04-2012, 07:54 AM
u all watch tnt, i think kenny asked charles where the dallas defense was and charles said it was in NY winning the DPOY. :lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
05-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Deron wanting to come and play for the mavs :lol
Because he's "from here" :lmao
I hope Cuban loses his ass and the mavs go to shit :toast

Viva Las Espuelas
05-04-2012, 08:04 AM

That's a lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllot of bullshit

SpurinDallas
05-04-2012, 08:35 AM
It was riveting TV last night on TNT. Loved every second of it

DPG21920
05-04-2012, 08:37 AM
- all the thunder do is shoot jumpers and they won't win shit this year. Congrats to San Antonio on number 5

Don't be so sure. All the Mavs did last year was shoot jumpers and they never cooled off on their way to a ring. This okc team gets to the line more than the Mavs did too.

Axe Murderer
05-04-2012, 08:41 AM

Wait, are you saying the Mavs chances might've been better if we still had Chandler and everyone else?

hmmmm

Wait you're right! What analysis! Fuck Cuban!!1

Killakobe81
05-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Don't be so sure. All the Mavs did last year was shoot jumpers and they never cooled off on their way to a ring. This okc team gets to the line more than the Mavs did too.

Difference is Dirk was playing all-world pretty much all playoffs except for the one meltdown game in Portland. Durant was shooting pretty shitty before Game 3 and even though I was right about that Westbrook ...not sure he can keep that pace up. We shall see. Either way looks like OKC/SAS WCF which would be REALLY interesting.

PG Wesbrook vs. Parker
SG Harden vs. Manu
SF Durant vs. SJAX/Lenard
PF Ibaka vs. Blair (LOL)
C Duncan vs. Perkins

But we shall see if Lakers or CLips/Grizz can spring an upset ...

DPG21920
05-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Why Blair and not Diaw?

Also Dirk played great but they still did something never done before and that was win with all jumpshooting

Killakobe81
05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Wait, are you saying the Mavs chances might've been better if we still had Chandler and everyone else?

hmmmm

Wait you're right! What analysis! Fuck Cuban!!1

I love how Mavs fans (not picking on you) I work with plenty at Renaissance tower downtown ...get pissy when People bring up Cuban's mistake. :lol
You may not like to hear it 100's of times but it is RELEVANT now, because your team looks feeble, when last year at this time no one could beat you. I said it on here and with colleagues ... those defensive numbers were fool's gold and that they would miss Tyson on both offense (screens and dunks) and of Course on defense. But many pretended that: a. it wouldnt matter as long as they had a chance at "3 D" or b. they argued that they were BETTER and DEEPER than last year ... :lmao

So yes, you will hear some I told you so ...because most of the Spur/Laker fans on here cant fathom wasting a year of a HOF'ers career to chase a pipe dream. But dont worry it will be over soon, the fishing is good this time of year :toast

And yes, I realize we probably will be out right behind you ...

Killakobe81
05-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Why Blair and not Diaw?

Also Dirk played great but they still did something never done before and that was win with all jumpshooting

My bad you probably right should be diaw but my guess is Diaw will have a tough time keeping up with Ibaka ... he has looked pretty good but slow. Ibaka is really quick.

Pistons also won primarily with jump shooting. Sheed had a post -game but didnt use it all that much ... that title was won with Rip and Billups shooting a lot of jumpers and FT's and a great defense.

Axe Murderer
05-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I love how Mavs fans (not picking on you) I work with plenty at Renaissance tower downtown ...get pissy when People bring up Cuban's mistake. :lol
You may not like to hear it 100's of times but it is RELEVANT now. I said it on here and with colleagues ... those defensive numbers were fool's gold and that they would miss Tyson on both offense (screens and dunks) and of Course on defense. But many pretended that: a. wouldnt matter as long as they had a chance at "3 D" or b. they argued that they were BETTER and DEEPER than last year ... :lmao

So yes, you will hear some I told you so ...because most of the Spur/Laker fans on here cant fathom you wasting a year of a HOF'ers career to chase a pipe dream. But dont worry it will be over soon, the fishing is good this time of year :toast

And yes, I realize we probably will be out right behind you ...

tbh it was just so obvious at the time that we would be worse this season, it wasn't even worth me pointing out. In the long run, it might turn out to be the better move (I would still have kept Chandler anyway, fuck the future) but if they do get a guy like Deron Williams, then the Mavs are competitive for another decade which might make sense for Cuban even if he has to deal with a season like this.

The only problem is the fact that he bent Dirk, a guy who has shown loyalty to Cuban, over a pool table and fucked him sideways in order to plan for the future.

Killakobe81
05-04-2012, 09:06 AM
tbh it was just so obvious at the time that we would be worse this season, it wasn't even worth me pointing out. In the long run, it might turn out to be the better move (I would still have kept Chandler anyway, fuck the future) but if they do get a guy like Deron Williams, then the Mavs are competitive for another decade which might make sense for Cuban even if he has to deal with a season like this.

The only problem is the fact that he bent Dirk, a guy who has shown loyalty to Cuban, over a pool table and fucked him sideways in order to plan for the future.

I agree. That is my issue I dont give two shits about Terry or Cuban but Dirk is a superstar that I do like and respect. This was his Olajawon moment, a chance to win a title and compete for another before James or Durant puts the league on lockdown. Instead of finding him a Clyde Drexler type to defend the crown, he brought in soft-ass VC and left a huge donut hole in the middle with Dampier 2.0 Haywood ...

m>s
05-04-2012, 09:15 AM
so you & m>s both attended and them mavs still lost :cry

m>s
05-04-2012, 09:24 AM
game 3 is the decider of the series and we LOST, just hope we don't get swept tbh :cry just imagine if we had won it last night, we would continue to win next @ home and get back the momentum, making the series a best of 3 where our experience would be a key element and get us through

Viva Las Espuelas
05-04-2012, 09:37 AM

I'm surprised they all didn't bust out laughing at the mavs. Looked like Kenny was fighting back the laughter. I'm gonna love that gone fishin' photo.

stretch
05-04-2012, 10:30 AM

Yes and no. It's much different when you have a guy like Dirk who can score a bucket nearly any time he wants, by finding a way to get to the basket whether by driving or posting up.

The Thunder doesn't have that kind of luxury. Westbrook and Durant are great players, but neither have that type of undeniable scoring ability. They can be taken out of a game without the need of double teams. Force Westbrook to shoot jumpers, get physical with Durant. Harden is probably the toughest guy on the team to guard individually (in terms of his skillset), he's just not as naturally gifted or talented as the other two.

Brazil
05-04-2012, 10:38 AM
I saw the game and the ref on the first quarter were just ridiculous, it was BS after BS calls. Not saying OKC doesn't deserve the win, they clearly outplayed the mavs but damn this officiating in the first was one of the worst I've seen ever.

Crookshanks

Yeah - The TNT gang are far more entertaining than most of these games have been. I keep thinking - this is playoff basketball? Pretty pathetic!

stretch

That's a load of shit. Look at the 2004 Pistons. They were pretty much a jumpshooting team on offense. Thankfully for them their defense was probably the best in NBA history. But they got away with an offense that didn't do much except shoot, and they weren't even that great at that.

You could argue the 2008 Celtics were a jumpshooting based offense as well, and they are arguably one of the 10, maybe 5 greatest teams in NBA history.

You overplay the "Mavs did nothing but jumpshoot" aspect (Dirk, Marion, and Barea were all great at finding ways to score either by driving or post-ups, along with Kidd running an offense to perfection and finding easy buckets for his teammates), and underplay the fact that while generally teams don't shoot their way to a title, there absolutely are teams who have shooting-based offenses that have won.

stretch
05-04-2012, 10:40 AM
its been a year, why the hell is DPG's ass still bleeding over the Mavs championship last year? geez :dizzy

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-04-2012, 10:41 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/lip_licker.gif

Mel_13
05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
"We need somebody this summer," Nowitzki told FOXSportsSouthwest.com in the wee hours of Friday morning. "That was the plan. If we don't get anyone, then we could've kept the same team together and gone for it again. You can't right now know if it's the right decision or not. If we get a big fish, then maybe it was worth it."

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/05/04/12/Mavericks-struggles-shouldnt-surprise-an/mobile_landing.html?blockID=723090&feedID=3799

Killakobe81
05-04-2012, 11:16 AM
That's a load of shit. Look at the 2004 Pistons. They were pretty much a jumpshooting team on offense. Thankfully for them their defense was probably the best in NBA history. But they got away with an offense that didn't do much except shoot, and they weren't even that great at that.

You could argue the 2008 Celtics were a jumpshooting based offense as well, and they are arguably one of the 10, maybe 5 greatest teams in NBA history.

You overplay the "Mavs did nothing but jumpshoot" aspect (Dirk, Marion, and Barea were all great at finding ways to score either by driving or post-ups, along with Kidd running an offense to perfection and finding easy buckets for his teammates), and underplay the fact that while generally teams don't shoot their way to a title, there absolutely are teams who have shooting-based offenses that have won.

I think that Celts team gets overrated quite a bit. No way are they that good. Defensively, yes but both Lebron and Hawks both pushed that team to 7 games ... They are not even a top 3 Celts team since 1980 ... the 1984 and 1986 squads were better than 2008. Some could argue 1985 as well even though they lost to a great Lakers team.

I too, thought of 2008 as a jump shooting team as well with Pierce playing the high elbow game ....that Dirk did last year.

Seventyniner
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Don't the 2008 Celtics hold the record for most playoff losses by a champion (single postseason)? They didn't exactly play murderer's row either.

DPG21920
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes and no. It's much different when you have a guy like Dirk who can score a bucket nearly any time he wants, by finding a way to get to the basket whether by driving or posting up.

The Thunder doesn't have that kind of luxury. Westbrook and Durant are great players, but neither have that type of undeniable scoring ability. They can be taken out of a game without the need of double teams. Force Westbrook to shoot jumpers, get physical with Durant. Harden is probably the toughest guy on the team to guard individually (in terms of his skillset), he's just not as naturally gifted or talented as the other two.

Disagree, KD is every bit the scorer that Dirk is - varied, can get to the line, much more atheltic and a good passer. He also poses the same physical mis-matches due to his size and abilities.

KD gets to the line more than Dirk too.

DPG21920
05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
its been a year, why the hell is DPG's ass still bleeding over the Mavs championship last year? geez :dizzy

Girl, I'm not upset at it, just making observation. I truly believe it was one of the craziest titles I have ever seen. Every team shoots jumpers, but the Mavs were pretty much all jump shooting to a degree that has never been seen before in a title team IMO. I'm not knocking that - it was an amazing run - I'm simply saying mav fan can't dismiss OKC bc they shoot jumpers (although winning that way would be incredibly difficult for anyone to do again without an amazing defense).

blah blah blah
05-04-2012, 01:18 PM
No offense to Dallas, because last year was definitely NOT a fluke. They completely earned their title.

However, I don't look at this team as champions. Before Tyson Chandler, they were basically a first round exit team every year, with the exception of 09. The last time they got past the 2nd round was when they made it to the Finals but that was obviously a different team and MUCH weaker NBA. Therefore, I don't see how anybody can be surprised with the way this series is going

Killakobe81
05-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Don't the 2008 Celtics hold the record for most playoff losses by a champion (single postseason)? They didn't exactly play murderer's row either.

Lakers even took 2 games from them. they were very good but people that get crazy with hyperbole of that squad are nuts. They deserve high praise because 3 the hard way won year one when the Heatles lost their first shot at a ring. THAT was impressive. But those celts are probably best team of the past 6-7 champions I would take them over 2007 Spurs, 09-10 Lakers, 2011 Mavs and 2006 Heat. Not sure they are better than the 2004 Pistons or Spurs though but that is debatable. they would have no shot at the Shaqobe Lakers though or 90's bulls or the repeat Rox ...

stretch
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Disagree, KD is every bit the scorer that Dirk is - varied, can get to the line, much more atheltic and a good passer. He also poses the same physical mis-matches due to his size and abilities.

KD gets to the line more than Dirk too.

Have the ability to create mis-matches is one thing.

Utilizing that ability is another. KD is known for under utilizing his size and abilities, instead settling for contested jumpers.

He SHOULD be as good or better than Dirk at scoring, but when he gets physically defended, he's about 5 tiers below.

HeatChamps
05-04-2012, 01:40 PM
So many butthurt mav fans in this thread it is unbelievable. It's simple as this. Durant raped. End of story.

DPG21920
05-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Have the ability to create mis-matches is one thing.

Utilizing that ability is another. KD is known for under utilizing his size and abilities, instead settling for contested jumpers.

He SHOULD be as good or better than Dirk at scoring, but when he gets physically defended, he's about 5 tiers below.

How are you known for being 5 tiers below Dirk and "settling" when you win the scoring title in b2b years and get to the FT line 10 times a game? Sure Durant has struggled some at times, but so has Dirk.

stretch
05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I think that Celts team gets overrated quite a bit. No way are they that good. Defensively, yes but both Lebron and Hawks both pushed that team to 7 games ... They are not even a top 3 Celts team since 1980 ... the 1984 and 1986 squads were better than 2008. Some could argue 1985 as well even though they lost to a great Lakers team.

I too, thought of 2008 as a jump shooting team as well with Pierce playing the high elbow game ....that Dirk did last year.

I think the 2008 Celtics can hang with most any NBA champion as well as anyone.

They may have had quite a few losses during that run, but the teams they played against were no joke at all. The Hawks were an extremely talented team, just young.

The Cavs were defending ECF champs, and had Lebron James who was on a mission to do all he could to get back to the Finals, and damn near did it.

Pistons were a consistently good squad, and no slouch at all.

The Lakers had Kobe and Gasol in their prime. Nuff said.

blah blah blah
05-04-2012, 01:44 PM
but so has Dirk.

Especially this series.

Dirk is getting manhandled by Perkins/Ibaka right now and not responding