PDA

View Full Version : Lakers looking like contenders - According to Yahoo!

dallasmaverickslose
05-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Yahoo! Sports has no respect for SA. Just CONTINUES to worship the fakers. Yuck.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/Y_Sports_NBA/29167363#nba/Y_Sports_NBA/29167363

justinandimcool
05-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Everyone would click on a Laker story (you did), no one would click on a Spurs story. It'll generate more hits and money to not talk about the Spurs.

under the radar is better though, tbh.

smrattler
05-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Out of the Lakers, Thunder, and Memphis, who is our biggest obstacle?

Nice thing is Lakers and Thunder can beat themselves up and we'll take winner.

I don't think Memphis is as good as they were last year. Gasol and ZBo are not playing out of their minds. Still... if the Lakers take care of Thunder, that means they are for real and playing to their strength (size). That plays right into our weakness. We'd need to speed the game up.

Paranoid Pop
05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
They do look like contenders, why u mad. Btw Greg Anthony picked us at the beginning of the season but if I remember correctly retracted after the blowout loss to Miami. We already have a spurs fanboy at espn in Skip, we don't need the whole crew tbh.

Edit : my bad it's yahoo.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah I don't get why others are acting like its a given okc is going to WCF

justinandimcool
05-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Out of the Lakers, Thunder, and Memphis, who is our biggest obstacle?

Nice thing is Lakers and Thunder can beat themselves up and we'll take winner.

I don't think Memphis is as good as they were last year. Gasol and ZBo are not playing out of their minds. Still... if the Lakers take care of Thunder, that means they are for real and playing to their strength (size). That plays right into our weakness. We'd need to speed the game up.

they're all on the same plane of "they should give us trouble, but we should win if we play our best ball"

they all have weaknesses, just different ones we can exploit

OKC- execution
Lakers- depth
Memphis- Gay

Knoxxx
05-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Tbdh, this is very annoying and will surely hurt our team's confidence.

hooperflash
05-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Kobe Bryant and the L.A. Lakers are playing as a complete team early in their series against the Nuggets.

Complete? Pshh , all i'm seeing is Bynum and Kobe . tbh

Spur|n|Austin
05-04-2012, 04:03 PM
This is news to me. I've never heard anybody ever complain about media recognition.

bus driver
05-04-2012, 04:25 PM
good, so when we the spurs kick their asses the tshirts cant talk shit about it.

Venti Quattro
05-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Scared :lol

DeadlyDynasty
05-04-2012, 04:35 PM
We live in a Lakers-centric world, what can i say.

spurraider21
05-04-2012, 04:36 PM
So the Lakers are up 2-0, and they become the team to beat in the West. The Spurs are in the midst of a 12 game win streak and have the biggest blowout of the playoffs and they aren't. smh

Obstructed_View
05-04-2012, 04:45 PM
We've already established that the average person might watch an NBA game on TV if the Lakers are involved, as many to root against them as to root for them. The reaction to the Spurs is largely indifference that has little to do with the quality of basketball or the watcher's knowledge of the sport. Can we let it go, at least while the Spurs are healthy and playing well?

PS: The Spurs have become the sexy pick among the experts. I really don't like that at all.

Obstructed_View
05-04-2012, 04:47 PM
We live in a Lakers-centric world, what can i say.

Exactly. The Cowboys and Yankees largely get the exact same treatment, but ESPN doesn't drive that interest, the public does. People like reality shows too.

Budkin
05-04-2012, 04:50 PM
As long as Bynum is playing the way he has been and they have Kobe, they are contenders.

spursfaninla
05-04-2012, 05:40 PM
I am a bit embarrassed as a Spurs fan at this thread. Either you did not listen to the video, or you expect something that will never happen-hype and hope that the Spurs have an uncontested path to the finals.

The video says the Lakers, Oklahoma, Spurs, Dallas and Griz all have a shot, with the Spurs and Oklahoma being the primary obstacles for the Lakers.

The video does not even say the Lakers are favored over Ok and SA, so I don't know what else you want.

All they are saying is the Lakers have a legit shot, which is true, especially given the way they are playing now.

Venti Quattro
05-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Finally, some sense in this thread. And someone who finally watched the video and understood it.

Pocket Hippo
05-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I would put the Lakers chances slightly above the Celtics, they have a shot, just not a good one. I know Kobe and Dirk are curse words, but when those guys are on fire they can throw up forty points in a night and there isn't shit you can do about it. The Lakers and Dallas will always have a punchers chance.

rascal
05-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Lakers vs Miami in the finals.

Spurs weak frontline will kill them against Gasol and Bynum.

tesseractive
05-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I would put the Lakers chances slightly above the Celtics, they have a shot, just not a good one. I know Kobe and Dirk are curse words, but when those guys are on fire they can throw up forty points in a night and there isn't shit you can do about it. The Lakers and Dallas will always have a punchers chance.

With Bynum and Gasol, they'll have better than a puncher's chance, I think. I don't like the odds of Bynum staying focused long enough to rack up 16 playoff wins, but that kid has all the talent in the world. If he decides to turn it on and figures out how to keep it turned on, they can destroy pretty much any team in the league.

Never count the Lakers out until the head has been sawed off and the stake driven through the heart.

Pocket Hippo
05-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Lakers vs Miami in the finals.

Spurs weak frontline will kill then against Gasol and Bynum.

lol I don't know if you are trolling or if you cut and paste that from ESPN :lol

Kobe is doing his best Phil Jackson impersonation to keep Bynum happy, but it won't last. First sign of adversity and we will see Andrew-tantrum-Bynum implode and take the team with him. I would be shocked to see them get past OKC.

SpursIndonesia
05-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Yet another butthurt thread, by yet another GNSF, lol. :lol

It has been going that way for what ? two decades and counting ? Let it go, and let the players do the talking and refuting on the court.

Venti Quattro
05-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Yet another butthurt thread, by yet another GNSF, lol. :lol

It has been going that way for what ? two decades and counting ? Let it go, and let the players do the talking and refuting on the court.

How is Indonesia? I watched a documentary on TV and saw that Indonesia has a cemetery with a hotel in it.

Russ
05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
The Spurs can't complain about how the seeding worked out this year.

Three teams are head and shoulders above the others. In that situation, the #1 seed has a huge advantage, only having to play one of the other top two. The #2 and 3 seeds, on the other hand, could have to play each of the other two.

Plus, in this situation, although the Spurs might have trouble beating the Lakers, they could have an easier time with OKC. As luck would have it, OKC appears to be the Lakers' Kryptonite, so OKC can do the Spurs' dirty work.

Either way, the Spurs just have to beat one of 'em (if they can beat the Clips/Memphis winner, that is).

pgardn
05-04-2012, 08:20 PM
The NY Knicks have sucked for so long its basically an all LA NBa.

pgardn
05-04-2012, 08:31 PM
How is Indonesia? I watched a documentary on TV and saw that Indonesia has a cemetery with a hotel in it.

Yeah nothing much going on there.

Only the 4th most populous country in the world right behind the US. Oh yeah, we have a hotel named cemetery.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2012, 08:59 PM
They won't get past OKC next round..

GSH
05-04-2012, 10:56 PM

Memorable 10,000th post.

will_spurs
05-05-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm ok with these articles/vids if every time one is published, the Lakers lose. Worked this time.

SpursDynasty
05-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Tbh, imho, lol, imho tbh.

Reck
05-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Yahoo sports. lol

dunkman
05-05-2012, 03:01 PM
They are good even without World Peace tbh fwiw imo.