PDA

View Full Version : Ron compared to Moses, Rand to Joshua, in New Republic

Galileo
05-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Ron compared to Moses, Rand to Joshua, in New Republic

He is ready, like Moses, to withdraw from the battleground having never entered the Promised Land, entrusting that task to his Joshua, his son.

http://www.tnr.com/article/the-permanent-campaign/103116/ron-paul-libertarian-election-2012-supporters-delegates

:ihit

ChumpDumper
05-05-2012, 02:04 AM
So it's just nepotism.

Cool.

Jacob1983
05-05-2012, 03:37 AM
http://syayidss.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/glass-poster1.jpg

RandomGuy
05-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Ron compared to Moses, Rand to Joshua, in New Republic

http://www.tnr.com/article/the-permanent-campaign/103116/ron-paul-libertarian-election-2012-supporters-delegates

:ihit

2) Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man[. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves

Not sure I would want Moses as a role model.

Wild Cobra
05-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Not sure I would want Moses as a role model.
Have to remember. He was raised by Egyptians. Obama was schooled in Indonesia during his early years. I think that's worse. Just my opinion however.

boutons_deux
05-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Moses was following God's inspiration.

The Bible is literally God's unquestionable word, or His inspiration. Right, Bible-thumpers?

Can't pin this one on the Egyptians.

God loves them little, fresh, juice virgin pussies.

Actually, just more Biblical evidence that Judaeo-Christian religion second-classes, oppresses woman as much as any other major religion. The "Christian" right's war on women is nothing but a historical, Biblical continuation.

Also, Pope Ratz. is coming down hard on American nuns recently.

Wild Cobra
05-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Moses was following God's inspiration.

The Bible is literally God's unquestionable word, or His inspiration. Right, Bible-thumpers?

Can't pin this one on the Egyptians.

God loves them little, fresh, juice virgin pussies.

Actually, just more Biblical evidence that Judaeo-Christian religion second-classes, oppresses woman as much as any other major religion. The "Christian" right's war on women is nothing but a historical, Biblical continuation.

Also, Pope Ratz. is coming down hard on American nuns recently.
I see you are applying today's standards to a past event. By doing so, you also incorrectly assume motive. You simply cannot do that and maintain any level of credibility. There ware reason for such thinking, correct or not by our standards. It was their culture.

ChumpDumper
05-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Have to remember. He was raised by Egyptians. Obama was schooled in Indonesia during his early years. I think that's worse. Just my opinion however.You have no basis for this opinion.

boutons_deux
05-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I see you are applying today's standards to a past event. By doing so, you also incorrectly assume motive. You simply cannot do that and maintain any level of credibility. There ware reason for such thinking, correct or not by our standards. It was their culture.

the Bible is Eternal. You, like many Bible-thumpers, cherry pick what you want to accept, and ignore, hide the Bible stuff which is outrageous most modern societies. The Repugs/VRWC/Bible-thumpers actually are retrogrades, wanting to take society backwards. See Bachmann's "submissive wife" policy.

Wild Cobra
05-05-2012, 04:03 PM
the Bible is Eternal.
Believe as you wish. Many of the laws of Moses were were superseded later. If you wish not to believe that, doesn't matter to me.

MannyIsGod
05-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Holy shit.

:lmao

ChumpDumper
05-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Believe as you wish. Many of the laws of Moses were were superseded later. If you wish not to believe that, doesn't matter to me.God basically trolled the entirety of mankind through the Old Testament.

TheSkeptic
05-05-2012, 09:00 PM
the Bible is Eternal. You, like many Bible-thumpers, cherry pick what you want to accept, and ignore, hide the Bible stuff which is outrageous most modern societies. The Repugs/VRWC/Bible-thumpers actually are retrogrades, wanting to take society backwards. See Bachmann's "submissive wife" policy.

I don't know about this. The Old Testament didn't take place in a modern society and if you go back far enough in any culture there are sure to be common practices that would be considered barbaric today. Heck, just over 50 years ago Jim Crow laws were still in existence in the US.

Societies and the priorities that a country adapts do evolve over time so I'm not sure why there isn't room for both progress and faith if people want to believe. Isn't Turkey a good example of a primarily religious population that has a healthy and more secular government?

And, yes, a lot of Christians and Republicans these days cherry-pick their positions on different issues while misinterpreting other points and jumping to conclusions in other areas. The reasons can range from a lack of information to more religious motivations. I find that on financial issues Conservatives tend to be fine more often than not.

Although for some going backwards is the way to move society in the right direction, I think the desire to go back to the 1950's and the good old days that you're addressing is indicative of a mentality that goes beyond simply believing in the Bible if you ask me. The faith is just being used as a means of justifying certain positions more often than not.

boutons_deux
05-05-2012, 10:14 PM
"The Old Testament didn't take place in a modern society"

don't tell me, tell the Bible-thumpers who think the Bible, esp the OT, is a CURRENT guide.

"why there isn't room for both progress and faith if people want to believe"

don't tell me, the Bible-thumpers believe there's no need for anything, not knowledge, not science, except the Bible.

"Isn't Turkey a good example"

yes, and so is USA a secular government, but the Bible-thumpers want to turn USA into a Christian theocracy, while telling lies that the USA was meant by the FFs to be a Christian government.

"the desire to go back to the 1950's"

1950s? GMAFB They want to go back to the late 1800s, before IRS, back to gold standard, undo the progress of 1960s and of the 1930s, abolish unions. Pay more attention to the VRWC, it's easy to read between the lines.

Yes, Paul Ryan's budgetary War on the Poor and War for the Rich is supposed to be justified by his Catholic faith, but the bishops trashed on that.

TheSkeptic
05-05-2012, 10:52 PM
"The Old Testament didn't take place in a modern society"

don't tell me, tell the Bible-thumpers who think the Bible, esp the OT, is a CURRENT guide.

"why there isn't room for both progress and faith if people want to believe"

don't tell me, the Bible-thumpers believe there's no need for anything, not knowledge, not science, except the Bible.

"Isn't Turkey a good example"

yes, and so is USA a secular government, but the Bible-thumpers want to turn USA into a Christian theocracy, while telling lies that the USA was meant by the FFs to be a Christian government.

"the desire to go back to the 1950's"

1950s? GMAFB They want to go back to the late 1800s, before IRS, back to gold standard, undo the progress of 1960s and of the 1930s, abolish unions. Pay more attention to the VRWC, it's easy to read between the lines.

Yes, Paul Ryan's budgetary War on the Poor and War for the Rich is supposed to be justified by his Catholic faith, but the bishops trashed on that.

...What? Really? What? What?

If those are the default positions...are they insane? I can't seriously believe that that's what the majority thinks. That goes beyond being misguided and misinformed imo. And I'm saying that as a Conservative (although maybe classic liberal is the proper designation?).

As an aside, it seems like a lot of Christians in government tend to take separation of Church and State to mean that they can do whatever they want when they're in office. Paul Ryan's budget wouldn't surprise me there.

boutons_deux
05-05-2012, 11:42 PM
"that's what the majority thinks"

who said anything about the majority?

the Repug politicians march to the cadence called by their extreme fringe of tea baggers and "Christian" supremcists and the 1%, and Norquist.

eg, Repug Congress wants to kill the EPA, while 70% of Repugs want it untouched.

TheSkeptic
05-05-2012, 11:55 PM
^^ Why let the fringe dictate the party's position though? They're more likely to get the concessions they want by being less dogmatic and electing officials that actually represent their interests.

I'm not in the US but at least that's what it looks like to me.

RandomGuy
05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Have to remember. He was raised by Egyptians. Obama was schooled in Indonesia during his early years. I think that's worse. Just my opinion however.

That is the dumbest thing I have seen you say in almost a month, maybe more.

Just my opinion however.

:rolleyes

TeyshaBlue
05-07-2012, 01:19 PM
God basically trolled the entirety of mankind through the Old Testament.

That is the funniest fucking sentence I have read on ST, ever.:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

TeyshaBlue
05-07-2012, 01:20 PM
^^ Why let the fringe dictate the party's position though? They're more likely to get the concessions they want by being less dogmatic and electing officials that actually represent their interests.

boutons is quite the expert on American Christianity....at least in his mind.

boutons_deux
05-07-2012, 01:21 PM

Because the Repugs need the "social", "Christian", uneducated, pissed-off loser white male bubba votes, the Real America of the 99% (dumbfuck segment) since there aren't enough 1% voters.

TheSkeptic
05-07-2012, 05:49 PM
boutons is quite the expert on American Christianity....at least in his mind.

Is that what's going on?

Like I said, I'm not in the States at this point so I was getting concerned. :lol

Because the Repugs need the "social", "Christian", uneducated, pissed-off loser white male bubba votes, the Real America of the 99% (dumbfuck segment) since there aren't enough 1% voters.

I'm not so sure. First because I seem to recall quite a few Democrats who fit this description. And secondly, because I think the Republicans could make up the remaining numbers by cutting their losses with that extreme far-right segment (since they seem to be a large part of the problem).

Tolerant social conservatives and moderates wouldn't be opposed to voting Republican if there was a good candidate and fiscal responsibility is something that appeals to both sides these days. There's plenty of Christians who would continue to vote Republican regardless and a willingness to negotiate goes a long way both domestically and on the global stage...

DMX7
05-07-2012, 06:29 PM
http://syayidss.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/glass-poster1.jpg

Not a bad movie.

jack sommerset
05-07-2012, 06:47 PM
God was pretty pissed in the old testament, that was for sure. Didn't mean he didn't love us any more than he does now and/or in new testament. God bless

ChumpDumper
05-07-2012, 07:53 PM
God was pretty pissed in the old testament, that was for sure. Didn't mean he didn't love us any more than he does now and/or in new testament. God blessGod was a psychopath back then. I'm glad later he conceived himself on Earth then let himself be killed and resurrected himself after asking why he had forsaken himself so he could live at his own side for eternity and help people make touchdowns.

Th'Pusher
05-07-2012, 08:19 PM
God was a psychopath back then. I'm glad later he conceived himself on Earth then let himself be killed and resurrected himself after asking why he had forsaken himself so he could live at his own side for eternity and help people make touchdowns.

:wow

Galileo
05-09-2012, 09:17 AM
:wow

God drove a Ford. He chased Adam & Eve out of the Garden of Eden in Fury!

:lmao

Blake
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
God was a psychopath back then. I'm glad later he conceived himself on Earth then let himself be killed and resurrected himself after asking why he had forsaken himself so he could live at his own side for eternity and help people make touchdowns.

Rofl