Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2012, 03:50 PM
He is becoming a bad mammajamma

William Hung
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
:cry but he can't play defense :cry

timtonymanu
05-05-2012, 03:57 PM
:lol the announcer just said Hill brings NBA finals experience to this Pacers team. Spurs haven't even sniffed an NBA finals since Hill made the NBA.

Pocket Hippo
05-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Hill is owning OT

DatBoyGood
05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
He's making some clutch ft's

wut
funny that Hill is there best player when it counts. ....and the announcers keep saying over and over that Hill came from San Antonio, as if that means something worthy of praise (which is to say that they never praise San Antonio directly until a player leaves the team and all of a sudden Spurs are awesome).

Cant_Be_Faded
Hill putting the team on his back

Mugen
05-05-2012, 04:01 PM
clutch Fts. The only Pacer worth a damn late in regulation and in OT.

FkLA
05-05-2012, 04:02 PM
but but but hill is a SG

but but but hil is mentally weak and doesnt perform on the road

Told all the niggas here if he got enough playing time at the position he could be a solid PG.

wut
05-05-2012, 04:03 PM
off topic, but Big Baby having a great game.

Mugen
05-05-2012, 04:06 PM
lol Big Baby

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2012, 04:07 PM
The lame ass media goes straight to Granger and Hibbert
George closed that game

Jimcs50
05-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Hill scores last 6 points for Indy in OT.

:toast

Pocket Hippo
05-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Game on the line, season on the line, two seconds left... Big Baby with the fade away? WhaaaaA?

timtonymanu
05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see how Hill performs against the Heat.

wut
Game on the line, season on the line, two seconds left... Big Baby with the fade away? WhaaaaA?

haha I was thinking the same thing....like that was your plan!? :downspin:

Jimcs50
Props to Magic for coming back from 19 down to make it a nail biter.

Great game

Jimcs50
05-05-2012, 04:12 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see how Hill performs against the Heat.

Indy was my darkhorse before playoffs to win East.

Bruno
05-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Hill straggled to play the point earlier this year but it has changed when he got the starting PG spot. That's great for him because teams won't see him as a 6'2" SG and he will be paid this summer.

Anyway, I still take Leonard, Lorbek and Bertans over him. The idea of trading Parker to have Hill as Spurs starting PG is still laughable.

Legacy
05-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I really like The Pacers. They're completey underrated--just like The Spurs. :tu

Obstructed_View
05-05-2012, 04:39 PM
but but but hill is a SG

Told all the niggas here if he got enough playing time at the position he could be a solid PG.

Yeah he finally had more than two assists. He's now the second best point guard on his own team. Nicely done.

FkLA
05-05-2012, 04:44 PM
He averaged almost 5 apg as a starter for the Spurs tbh. :)

Spursmania
05-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Guys they are playing a depleted Magic team. Calm down.

Legacy
05-05-2012, 04:48 PM

I liked them way before "The Magic Show."

TBH. :lol

timtonymanu
05-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Exactly. That's why I want to see how Hill plays the Heat before we proclaim that he's turned a corner.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2012, 05:06 PM
? he doesn't need to prove himself against the best team in the east to earn credit for improving

He's plainly playing solid basketball, he earned the starting job, and woulda had his best season had he not got injured.

He's never going to put up big numbers on a squad a balanced as Indy, but the fact that he closed a playoff game in overtime already shows us he is growing as a player. Timvp used to always criticize hill for not being selfish enough, being to passive

He did his damage close to the basket and drawing crazy fouls.

Dude deserves prahps

Wild Cobra Kai
05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
but but but hill is a SG

So, would you sit Tony?

Ass.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-05-2012, 06:11 PM
He averaged almost 5 apg as a starter for the Spurs tbh. :)

People crucified Parker for hitting that asst number.

Josepatches_
05-05-2012, 06:15 PM
? he doesn't need to prove himself against the best team in the east to earn credit for improving

He's plainly playing solid basketball, he earned the starting job, and woulda had his best season had he not got injured.

He's never going to put up big numbers on a squad a balanced as Indy, but the fact that he closed a playoff game in overtime already shows us he is growing as a player. Timvp used to always criticize hill for not being selfish enough, being to passive

He did his damage close to the basket and drawing crazy fouls.

Dude deserves prahps

Agree

We have Leonard and we are happy with him. I would like to have both but the trade was good for us.....Ok
But I can't find the reason to bash Hill. He played well for us. He's doing a good job in Indy. Where is the problem? Where some people here hate him?

I like to see things are going well for him. He deserves it.

hooperflash
05-05-2012, 06:51 PM
George with the goods

tesseractive
05-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Agree

We have Leonard and we are happy with him. I would like to have both but the trade was good for us.....Ok
But I can't find the reason to bash Hill. He played well for us. He's doing a good job in Indy. Where is the problem? Where some people here hate him?

I like to see things are going well for him. He deserves it.

Indy got what they wanted from the trade, we got what we wanted, everybody won.

Another possible bonus: by showing that Hill wasn't just a product of the system, we might improve the market the next time we want to trade someone.

gambit1990
05-05-2012, 07:26 PM

this.

a lot of you overrate george hill. he lacks court vision, isn't a great defender, can score... but is better at disappearing than showing up.

i cringe when some of you say you want him back. i'd choose mills over hill at backup pg any day.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm happy for Georgie, and I'm glad he came up big, but his team is struggling against a hugely inferior and overmatched opponent and the only way I could be happier with Kawhi Leonard is if he had a really hot wife.

Gagnrath
05-05-2012, 08:36 PM
this.

a lot of you overrate george hill. he lacks court vision, isn't a great defender, can score... but is better at disappearing than showing up.

i cringe when some of you say you want him back. i'd choose mills over hill at backup pg any day.

He is a very good defender against pg's and most shooting guards, however he is small enough that some larger guys can shoot over him and slender enough that some bigger guys can post him up and overpower him. He tends to have good speed, instincts, and position however. I completely give you the lack of court vision, but won't give you the disappearing, he's not going to get you 15 to 20 against play-off teams on a regular basis but generally will get his averages and compete hard. He's got a bit of a problem in that he's a 2 guard in a points body. You can blame people in peewee and junior high-school basketball for that. He makes a capable enough combo guard but you really want at least one other person on the floor who is a good passer.

ChumpDumper
05-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Good for George.

Thank God we traded him.

Legacy
05-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Indy got what they wanted from the trade, we got what we wanted, everybody won.

Another possible bonus: by showing that Hill wasn't just a product of the system, we might improve the market the next time we want to trade someone.

Exactly.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I didn't intend to make a we miss George we want him back thread, I just think he's improved. And I enjoy watching him succeed.

timvp
05-05-2012, 09:02 PM
I hope Hill has a great and lucrative career. Everyone loved him in San Antonio and he gave his all.

Oh, and as a Spurs fan, the better Hill does, the more likely it is other teams will be open to trade with the Spurs. If Hill would have bombed and the Spurs landed Kawhi Leonard, no team would want to trade with S.A. again :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Blair for SPEIGHTS

Legacy
05-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I didn't intend to make a we miss George we want him back thread, I just think he's improved. And I enjoy watching him succeed.

Don't worry, I didn't take it that way at all--unlike others seemed to. :rolleyes

Cane
05-05-2012, 09:09 PM

Word. Hill has been solid for the Pacers throughout the season and should have been a starter when he got there, Collison's days are numbered

benefactor
05-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Good for George.

Thank God we traded him.
:tu

ducks
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
hill had no points tell the 4 quarter late
he sucked tell then

ducks
05-05-2012, 10:27 PM
amazing he can suck tell late in the fourth then all of the sudden he is a hero

Cant_Be_Faded
Yet he had the majority of the teams points when they needed to win

ducks
he also is one of the few who have playoff experience

sexinthatsx
05-05-2012, 10:44 PM
amazing he can suck tell late in the fourth then all of the sudden he is a hero

Fourth quarters are where players are made... Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, etc.

ezau
05-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I want G. Hill back.

Sean Cagney
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
but but but hill is a SG

Thats great! But.... We already have a starting PG on our team who nearly won MVP or was in the running so.

Yeah he is doing well and thats cool, given the chance he is good! He is still not TONY and I am glad we got Leonard too.
I want G. Hill back.

Then we lose Leonard with a high ceiling!!!!!! NO THANK YOU. We don't need a backup PG for him now.

ducks
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
why
who is he better?
neal maybe
but with this spurs team hill is not worth what pacers will offer him
he has not got a big contract so he is not going to take less then the mle to stay in sa

therealtruth
05-06-2012, 12:35 AM
The issue with Hill is that he was too inconsistent. Kawhi is much more consistent.

DMC
05-06-2012, 12:58 AM
I think the Spurs are heavily respected across the league by people who know the game. The rest can go fuck themselves.

tesseractive
05-06-2012, 01:05 AM
The issue with Hill is that he was too inconsistent. Kawhi is much more consistent.

And Danny Green has brought perimeter defense and clutch shooting. He might not have even cracked the rotation with Hill still here.