PDA

View Full Version : sons real talk - Mav fan has legit reason to be mad

BRHornet45
05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Series Free Throw Count

OKC - 124

Dallas - 76

sons there is absolutely no excuse for this type of free throw differential. There is NEVER a legit reason to justify this type of favoritism. We all understand how the NBA works and how they have an agenda behind everything they do, but when "pushing" a team or player to the top in ways like this is completely absurd and makes it blatantly obvious what they are trying to do. Even the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls wouldn't be able to overcome that type of favoritism if they were playing in a rigged series like this one.

Reck
05-05-2012, 06:11 PM
But they were close enough to win those game regardless.

BRHornet45
05-05-2012, 06:13 PM
But they were close enough to win those game regardless.

and just imagine if the games had been officiated fair and square without the Durant agenda behind it? the Mavs would more than likely be up 3-1 right now, or tied 2-2 for sure.

Reck
05-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Sure the refs are on Thunder side but you still gotta win those 2 first games.

The refs didn't shoot the ball for Terry down the stretch.

BRHornet45
05-05-2012, 06:26 PM
well whenever the free throw count is that absurd Dallas knows that they have to play damn near perfect to barely escape with a win. the odds are definitely against them.

in my opinion if this series was officiated fairly then it would be even 2-2 right now.

DontStopBelieving
05-05-2012, 06:26 PM
and just imagine if the games had been officiated fair and square without the Durant agenda behind it? the Mavs would more than likely be up 3-1 right now, or tied 2-2 for sure.

I must have missed something tbqh.

Reck
05-05-2012, 06:32 PM
well whenever the free throw count is that absurd Dallas knows that they have to play damn near perfect to barely escape with a win. the odds are definitely against them.

in my opinion if this series was officiated fairly then it would be even 2-2 right now.

There is no such thing as fair officiating anywhere in the NBA. Be it to help Thunder or not.

mavs>spurs
05-05-2012, 06:34 PM
yeah it's been a lot of bullshit

BRHornet45
05-05-2012, 06:49 PM
the Mavs are still a very shitty team, but the Thunder are not as a good as the NBA is trying to make them look.

mavs>spurs
05-05-2012, 06:51 PM
the Mavs are still a very shitty team, but the Thunder is not as a good as the NBA is trying to make them look.

son we aren't last years mavs but games 1 and 2 were evidence of our ability to still come out and wax the asses of mediocre teams like the thunder. sure we would have probably lost to LA in the next round or miami in the finals, but it's the principle of the matter. okc sells more jerseys and memorabilia and will for years to come son God bless.

Reck
05-05-2012, 07:08 PM
See, this is what I'm talking about. You cant miss gimmes like the ones mavs are missing right now.

mavs>spurs
05-05-2012, 07:09 PM
yeah you also can't let harden tip the ball out of bounds or speak up about it when you don't like the call :lmao

Wild Cobra Kai
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Dallas is only reaping what they have sown. I remember two game 1s against SA with FT counts of 50 and 49. Suck it, bitches.

mavs>spurs
05-05-2012, 07:11 PM
yeah except it won't be so funny whenever it's your team getting fucked over by durant/whistler/whoever the next "superstar" is getting all the calls.

i prefer basketball to "sports entertainment"

Reck
05-05-2012, 07:13 PM
yeah except it won't be so funny whenever it's your team getting fucked over by durant/whistler/whoever the next "superstar" is getting all the calls.

Spurs got fucked all 3 times they played them.

Spurs were just lucky enough to have a 20 or so point cushion to fall back on.

mavs>spurs
05-05-2012, 07:15 PM
^well get ready, because you're about to play em in the WCF and stern ain't lettin them lose

Reck
05-05-2012, 07:17 PM
^well get ready, because you're about to play em in the WCF and stern ain't lettin them lose

I'm hoping Artest fucks someone up again.

Also, I just heard Perkings is out with some kind of injury? Things may be looking up..

BRHornet45
05-05-2012, 07:20 PM

and son that is EXACTLY what the NBA has developed into over the last decade or so. when television ratings, ticket and merchandise sales are all that matter then you better believe the NBA is going to do everything in their power to keep the games as close and/or as entertaining as possible. If I had to break it down to what the NBA playoffs consist of nowadays ...

Talented Basketball - 25%

Carefully Controlled / Partially Scripted Sports Entertainment - 75%

mavs>spurs
05-05-2012, 07:22 PM
^agreed, that's why i just play pickup ball and need to start getting into NCAA again God bless. if we hit stern where it hurts (his wallet) by boycotting this shitty product maybe things will improve. i honestly think thats the reason behind him allowing hte mavs to ring last year, after all the screwjobs they were slowly losing the DFW market.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-05-2012, 07:30 PM

We don't have a problem with sending Durant to the line, and are 10-2 in our last dozen against OKC. They play as individuals on offense, which is and will remain their downfall in late playoff rounds. SA exploits that shit. If they played as a team on offense, and shared and moved the ball, no one would beat them. They don't.

Latarian Milton
05-05-2012, 07:31 PM
can't blame em refs tbh, dallas got their chances in OKC but they blew them away. it wasn't the refs fault that JET took yo last 2 shots in game 1 when the ball should've been in dirk's hands instead

Wild Cobra Kai
05-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Spurs got fucked all 3 times they played them.

Spurs were just lucky enough to have a 20 or so point cushion to fall back on.

WTF are you talking about. Game one was a throw away because it was less than a week after Manu went down. In the other two games, OKC shot 28/25 in the second one and SA shot 25/20 in OKC in the third, both wins.

OK, I checked the first game, without Manu. and it was 28/25 OKC.

Rain318
05-05-2012, 09:06 PM
the Mavs are still a very shitty team, but the Thunder are not as a good as the NBA is trying to make them look.

This.

Stern is pushing for a Heat Thunder/Lakers Finals

NBA agenda. . . :wakeup

mavs>spurs
05-05-2012, 09:09 PM
^cosign

Reck
05-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Now what?

You cant complain about the refs tonight. Still got throughly beaten.

BRHornet45
05-05-2012, 09:19 PM
sons game 4 was called pretty fair and square. as I stated above both of these teams are pretty even and the final score showed it. however the Thunder are not as good as the NBA is trying to make them look.

mavs>spurs
05-05-2012, 09:19 PM
^yup

tesseractive
05-05-2012, 09:24 PM
and son that is EXACTLY what the NBA has developed into over the last decade or so. when television ratings, ticket and merchandise sales are all that matter then you better believe the NBA is going to do everything in their power to keep the games as close and/or as entertaining as possible. If I had to break it down to what the NBA playoffs consist of nowadays ...

Talented Basketball - 25%

Carefully Controlled / Partially Scripted Sports Entertainment - 75%

Meh. If the refs hate you, you just have to win so hard that you take them out of the game. If the refs cost you a game, win the next 4. The best teams don't make excuses.

All the excuses in world still don't hang a Mavs banner for 2006, but coming back a few years later and administering a beatdown on LeBron and Wade, no matter how much the refs love them? That's how you hang a banner