PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers' playoff hourglass got flipped today

DeadlyDynasty
05-05-2012, 10:13 PM
OKC is going to smash us.

Muser
05-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Nah. You know World Peace is going to smash a nigga or two. Lakers in 7 IMO.

lurker
05-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Any site where I can pray for the Lakers without having to wait for moderator approval? :(

DeadlyDynasty
05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Nah. You know World Peace is going to smash a nigga or two. Lakers in 7 IMO.

I guarantee the first game he plays--whether it be Game 1 or 2--he will foul out.

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
DPG and I have been the biggest Laker supporters(and most accurate, so far), but I have to agree..

OKC in 6 IMO..

This will be the first series in my fandom, where the Lakers will be facing a team that I hate just as much as them, tbh..

I'll be cheering for Fisher, though..Fisher outplaying Sessions would be legendary:lol..

midnightpulp
05-05-2012, 10:18 PM
I overrate the Lakers like you overrate the Grizzlies, and just got a feeling the Lakers are gonna pull an upset. Wanna do fiddy on it?

DeadlyDynasty
05-05-2012, 10:21 PM
I overrate the Lakers like you overrate the Grizzlies, and just got a feeling the Lakers are gonna pull an upset. Wanna do fiddy on it?

Deal. Remember, we already have $50 on a Lakers-Spurs series that'll never happen:lol...but then again you could conceivably win $100 if things fall your way

midnightpulp
05-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Deal. Remember, we already have $50 on a Lakers-Spurs series that'll never happen:lol...but then again you could conceivably win $100 if things fall your way

lol, true.

DeadlyDynasty
05-05-2012, 10:28 PM
DPG and I have been the biggest Laker supporters(and most accurate, so far), but I have to agree..

OKC in 6 IMO..

This will be the first series in my fandom, where the Lakers will be facing a team that I hate just as much as them, tbh..

I'll be cheering for Fisher, though..Fisher outplaying Sessions would be legendary:lol..

HH gonbe a Kobe fan for 5 games...if that don't beat it all:lol

Latarian Milton
05-05-2012, 10:30 PM
OKC ain't really that good as them mavs make them look, i'll definitely put money on the lakers over OKC any day of the week tbh. mavs got swept but don't get fooled by the scoreboard niggas, the first two games could've gone either way and the game tonight would've been a Mavs win too if they hadn't choked the 4th quarter. OKC ain't surmounting them lakers tbh at least not in this year

Killakobe81
05-05-2012, 10:35 PM
OKC is gonna win it but it wont be easy like vs. the Mavs ...

lefty
05-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Nope

A jump shooting team wont get it done vs the Lakers

Spur_Fanatic
05-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Lakers in 6 for me.

z0sa
05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Really really depends on Sessions. If he can play Westbrick to a draw, anything is possible.

ps shouldnt you get past the Nuggs first? :)

Latarian Milton
05-05-2012, 11:05 PM
OKC is gonna win it but it wont be easy like vs. the Mavs ...

shit ain't easy at all don't get fooled by the scoreboard mayne, shit could've been tied 2-2 or maybe even 3-1 mavs lead if they didn't choke. OKC ain't beating neither the spurs nor lakers tbh

Spurs9
05-05-2012, 11:06 PM
It will go 7 IMO

urunobili
05-05-2012, 11:46 PM
7 games TBH

DeadlyDynasty
05-06-2012, 12:02 AM
lol all the 7 game predictions. NO WAY IN HELL THIS GOES 7. 5, 6 MAX

Killakobe81
05-06-2012, 12:04 AM
lol all the 7 game predictions. NO WAY IN HELL THIS GOES 7. 5, 6 MAX

I'm with you, I say OKC in 6 ... but 5 would not shock me either.
Like I said NON-CONTENDERS.

Venti Quattro
05-06-2012, 12:06 AM
OKC in five games. Totally terrible match-up for LA.

rayjayjohnson
05-06-2012, 12:08 AM
okc in 7 over denver tbh

Venti Quattro
05-06-2012, 12:09 AM
okc in 7 over denver tbh

OKC in 5 with either Denver or LA.

ezau
05-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I'd still put my money on the Lakers because Harden will never even get within five feet of MWP in that series.

VBM
05-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Bynum will go ape-shit, tbh. Lakers in 6.

ohmwrecker
05-06-2012, 12:51 AM
The Lakers are just bored…tbh.

InRareForm
05-06-2012, 12:56 AM
7 games tbh. OkC wins

Venti Quattro
05-06-2012, 01:04 AM
TBH the only reason the Spurs fans are saying OKC in 7 is because they want OKC to be beat up when they reach the WCF, and by that time they will be easy pickings.

No, it will be a relatively shorter series than that -- whether OKC faces LA or Denver.

Killakobe81
05-06-2012, 01:08 AM
TBH the only reason the Spurs fans are saying OKC in 7 is because they want OKC to be beat up when they reach the WCF, and by that time they will be easy pickings.

No, it will be a relatively shorter series than that -- whether OKC faces LA or Denver.

We will beat Denver, but no way we are winning either of the first two games vs. OKC. They will be booing artest mercilessly and they will call cheap fouls on him too. Harden is a beast but I think Kobe will hold him down (relative) ... but we have no answer for Westbrook, if he does ... In other words ... we fucked.

DPG21920
05-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Losing to OKC doesn't make you non-contenders. I think it goes 6 or 7, and if Kobe plays the right way, LA wins. If he plays like he normally does, OKC in 6.

Koolaid_Man
05-06-2012, 10:44 AM

I agree with your assessment...Sometimes people get enamored with what looks like a sure thing. Dallas and LA are two different animals. Dirk could be telegraphed Kobe can't. One thing being completely over looked his defense...Kobe and Dirk are two different players defensively. Dirk doesn't have to worry about shutting down Perkins or Ibaka whereas Kobe has proven he can shut down Westbrook, and in fact if you go back to the Artest Elbow game... Kobe layed the blueprint for Mike Brown to follow by shutting Westbrook down...I mean playing him one and one on the defensive side of the ball..Westbrook wasn't ready for that and it showed...

Jason Terry never made Westbrook work...never really took him to the low block and slowed the game down. Dallas fell right into a trap by trying to run with OKC... and continuing to play with the jump shooting mentality to winning an title finally caught up to them.

Key: Dallas also had no interior defense.

OKC has no answer for Bynum and if he's agressive Perkins will take a seat fast.

Durant will their X-Factor...this is how it will happen..Kobe is very smart don't expect him to try to match Durant offensively even though he could..He's gonna burn his energy shutting Westbrook down while avg around 20ppg that should be enough to get Bynum and Gasol the levrage they need to work OKC's bigs down low...

Key: Fisher isn't running the break for us.

I say LA in 6 or 7. Artest will make difference defensively in at least 2 games.

We're going to shock a lot of experts. OKC is good but they have a tendency to fold under pressure especially Durant. I'm not sold on them yet.

DeadlyDynasty
05-06-2012, 10:52 AM
I agree with your assessment...Sometimes people get enamored with what looks like a sure thing. Dallas and LA are two different animals. Dirk could be telegraphed Kobe can't. One thing being completely over looked his defense...Kobe and Dirk are two different players defensively. Dirk doesn't have to worry about shutting down Perkins or Ibaka whereas Kobe has proven he can shut down Westbrook, and in fact if you go back to the Artest Elbow game... Kobe layed the blueprint for Mike Brown to follow by shutting Westbrook down...I mean playing him one and one on the defensive side of the ball..Westbrook wasn't ready for that and it showed...

Jason Terry never made Westbrook work...never really took him to the low block and slowed the game down. Dallas fell right into a trap by trying to run with OKC... and continuing to play with the jump shooting mentality to winning an title finally caught up to them.

Key: Dallas also had no interior defense.

OKC has no answer for Bynum and if he's agressive Perkins will take a seat fast.

Durant will their X-Factor...this is how it will happen..Kobe is very smart don't expect him to try to match Durant offensively even though he could..He's gonna burn his energy shutting Westbrook down while avg around 20ppg that should be enough to get Bynum and Gasol the levrage they need to work OKC's bigs down low...

Key: Fisher isn't running the break for us.

I say LA in 6 or 7. Artest will make difference defensively in at least 2 games.

We're going to shock a lot of experts. OKC is good but they have a tendency to fold under pressure especially Durant. I'm not sold on them yet.

Which LG poster did you steal that from?:lol

Also, where's the $2400, b?:lol

Koolaid_Man
05-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Which LG poster did you steal that from?:lol

Also, where's the $2400, b?:lol

1.) Why don't you go to LG waste some time searching and report back to me:lol

2.) Kori never got back to me to confirm her account info for me to send the money so I pulled the bet off the table...Kori wants to act all stuck up so ohh well.

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Not sure why so many Lakers fans are writing LA off. They have their fair share of things to exploit in this series. Kobe switching onto Westbrook + Gasol and Bynum protecting the rim means Westbrook is gonna have to make jumpers. If Artest gets to play Durant physically like he did in 2010 Durant will also have his share of issues.

I say LA in 6

:lol imagine if LA wins this series and Memphis upsets San Antonio? The conference finals will have Ramon Sessions, Mike Conley, and Mario Chalmers as 3 of the 4 starters

:lol point guards

Koolaid_Man
05-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Not sure why so many Lakers fans are writing LA off. They have their fair share of things to exploit in this series. Kobe switching onto Westbrook + Gasol and Bynum protecting the rim means Westbrook is gonna have to make jumpers. If Artest gets to play Durant physically like he did in 2010 Durant will also have his share of issues.

I say LA in 6

:lol imagine if LA wins this series and Memphis upsets San Antonio? The conference finals will have Ramon Sessions, Mike Conley, and Mario Chalmers as 3 of the 4 starters

I know you won't come right out and call Deads out...with the exception of not washing his hands after he takes a shit Deads is a good guy he means well he just has no intestinal fortitude..I've seen fans like him...those who never played the game on any level they get scared when they see the opposition or when their is a game 7 with 2 minutes left and the score tied..they are really afraid of losing...I feel the exact opposite I feel supreme confidence Kobe is going to win us the game even when it's obvious he won't...and that confidence carries into how I view the team in general...I'm not delusional but rather an eternal optimist who is so not afraid... Plus I know what the fuck I'm talking about...most Laker fans are just too emotional that's why they give up on their team

:lol

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I know you won't come right out and call Deads out...with the exception of not washing his hands after he takes a shit Deads is a good guy he means well he just has no intestinal fortitude..I've seen fans like him...those who never played the game on any level they get scared when they see the opposition or when their is a game 7 with 2 minutes left and the score tied..they are really afraid of losing...I feel the exact opposite I feel supreme confidence Kobe is going to win us the game even when it's obvious he won't...and that confidence carries into how I view the team in general...I'm not delusional but rather an eternal optimist who is so not afraid... Plus I know what the fuck I'm talking about...most Laker fans are just too emotional that's why they give up on their team

deads isn't the only Lakers fan in this thread to write LA off...

DeadlyDynasty
05-06-2012, 11:16 AM

A liar, wigger, and a welsher...tough day for you:lol

Bruce Wayne
05-06-2012, 11:17 AM
1.) Why don't you go to LG waste some time searching and report back to me:lol

2.) Kori never got back to me to confirm her account info for me to send the money so I pulled the bet off the table...Kori wants to act all stuck up so ohh well.
If you needed money, all you had to do was ask me, Robin. That way, you wouldn't have to keep doing things of sexual nature for money in order to survive. But even then, I'm not sure you would want to stop.

Koolaid_Man
05-06-2012, 11:18 AM
deads isn't the only Lakers fan in this thread to write LA off...

I haven't read the whole thread only just glanced at a few...so I wouldn't know...usually when I read a thread I start at the top and look real quickly for the most egregious statements or long time posters I know are the most outlandish in their assessments... and I start from there...I rarely read every post in a thread..almost never tbh...but I wouldn't be surprised at your statement..

As long as Cully and Luva don't give up I'm fine :hat

Bruce Wayne
05-06-2012, 11:20 AM
I haven't read the whole thread only just glanced at a few...so I wouldn't know...usually when I read a thread I start at the top and look real quickly for the most egregious statements or long time posters I know are the most outlandish in their assessments... and I start from there...I rarely read every post in a thread..almost never tbh...but I wouldn't be surprised at your statement..

As long as Cully and Luva don't give up I'm fine :hat
Cully quit.

Koolaid_Man
05-06-2012, 11:21 AM
A liar, wigger, and a welsher...tough day for you:lol

Deads... you can continue circling the drain by yourself if you like..it's your call - I've moved on...talk basketball or go home...stop being so enamored with Koolaid..and regurgitating old shit it's not healthy for you :lol

Live your life...every comment to Kool doesn't have to result in you melting down or stewing in an anger laced tirade masked with smiley-cons...For the most part I'm talking basketball and you're trying to wallow in the mud like the dirty little pig you are...

Oink Oink :lol

Koolaid_Man
05-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Cully quit.

Bruce you only have 150 something posts...you're too cute...:lol Keep trying though you will get there

DeadlyDynasty
05-06-2012, 11:24 AM

I say LA in 6

MWP is more than likely going to be handled close to the vest by the officials. Furthermore, you can no longer count on Pau Gasol to be a huge factor. He can be, but it's not a certainty like it was from 2008-10. Like i told HH and DPG a month ago, the biggest wildcards in these playoffs are Bosh and Gasol.

DeadlyDynasty
05-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Deads... you can continue circling the drain by yourself if you like..it's your call - I've moved on...talk basketball or go home...stop being so enamored with Koolaid..and regurgitating old shit it's not healthy for you :lol

Live your life...every comment to Kool doesn't have to result in you melting down or stewing in an anger laced tirade masked with smiley-cons...For the most part I'm talking basketball and you're trying to wallow in the mud like the dirty little pig you are...

Oink Oink :lol

You dont have any money...these are things we know:lol

Otaku
05-06-2012, 11:28 AM

You ain't playing OKC.

Bruce Wayne
05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Bruce you only have 150 something posts...you're too cute...:lol Keep trying though you will get there
How many threads have you started lately? 16 posts per day and not one thread. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
05-06-2012, 11:29 AM
You ain't playing OKC.

Shut up, faggot.

Mugen
05-06-2012, 11:38 AM
:lol 7 game predictions.

Anybody who's watched both teams the last couple of years and the times they've played knows that LA would be lucky to stretch the series to 6 games.

I think OKC takes em out in 5 with Metta & Bynum both being ejected in the clincher.

blah blah blah
05-06-2012, 11:39 AM
This is super weird, but I really hope we lose to Denver in game 4. Needing World Peace is THAT important for the next series. Seriously, is there anybody who really thinks Denver can beat LAL when it matters without HCA?

Paranoid Pop
05-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Bynum will go ape-shit, tbh. Lakers in 6.

That's what I don't understand, didn't watch the regular season OKC LAL games but Bynum should absolutely abuse Perkins and Gasol can get Ibaka out of the paint with his rainbow shot to open things ups for everyone else.

Sessions can't defend Westbrick but if you have to let one of their big 3 get his it's him.

Kobe should be able to slow down Harden and Metta has been playing out of his mind lately so he should do ok on Durant.

Otaku
05-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Seriously, is there anybody who really thinks Denver can beat LAL when it matters without HCA?

Yes :king

Nathan89
05-06-2012, 12:06 PM

OKC in 6 IMO..

So you guys were right about them Lakers being contenders all the way up until the first three playoff games:lmao

Nathan89
05-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Didn't HH and DPG say the Lakers were contenders before Sessions? Pathetic prediction tbh

LkrFan
05-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Losing to OKC doesn't make you non-contenders. I think it goes 6 or 7, and if Kobe plays the right way, LA wins. If he plays like he normally does, OKC in 6.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/318121_3781705911475_1541771231_33066993_204530486 6_n.jpg

ambchang
05-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Lakers in 6.

ElNono
05-07-2012, 10:08 AM

:lol who guards Harden?
:lol concussions

ginobili's bald spot
05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
So I'm the only Laker fan who thinks we win this series? Maybe I'm a homer but if we exploit the skill advantage our bigs have, okc will be in trouble. Plus it's not like Durant loves playing against physical defenders and he is going to have Artest muscling up on his skinny ass. I think Artest can hold him to at least one bad shooting night. As long as Kobe doesn't chuck up 30 fade aways per game (which is a possibility) and force feeds Bynum I think we're good.

Katherine Robinson
05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
:lol who guards Harden?
:lol concussions

Artest and Bynum will guard him like my wife beater of a husband guards me.

Budkin
05-07-2012, 04:41 PM
It's a tossup for me... both have a good chance of taking the series. It will be fun to watch.