PDA

View Full Version : Mav fans you may have lost this year.

MattBonnerExperience
05-05-2012, 11:34 PM
But ultimatly Its for the best. You guys didn't overpay dudes for another chance at a run and then 3 wasted years. And even at the end of the day nobody wanted to really play the mavs because Dirk can still score at will when he doesn't get mauled. You guys got some really bad luck this year. So Good luck to you guys in free agency and hopefully we can out ya next year :toast

MavDynasty
05-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks bro, team is going to be way different next year for the better or worse. Kidd and Terry's last game as mavs most likely. Kinda sad, although we couldn't win it this year it was great to even have the idea of defending the title. They made a big stride last summer and hoping we can get back to the finals while Dirk is still here.

Venti Quattro
05-05-2012, 11:39 PM
I feel bad for Dirk. He never really got a chance to defend his title.

It'll be interesting which direction Cubes is going to go to now, with 2/3 of the 3D in Big D still in their respective teams next season.

MattBonnerExperience
05-05-2012, 11:58 PM
I feel bad for Dirk. He never really got a chance to defend his title.

It'll be interesting which direction Cubes is going to go to now, with 2/3 of the 3D in Big D still in their respective teams next season.

You gotta think Dallas has a good chance at D-Will. He likes dallas, the Dallas owner,GM, and coach are way better then the nets the only thing Brooklyn has is Gerald Wallace. I say Theres a good chance he goes to Dallas.

Venti Quattro
05-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Dirk and Deron are going to be devastating. Just fold the league if Dwight comes too. lol the superfriends got nothing on 3D

Cry Havoc
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Where are the Mavs looking for a PG next year if they don't land Deron?

MavDynasty
05-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Where are the Mavs looking for a PG next year if they don't land Deron?

Dragic most likely. Steve Nash as a last resort

MattBonnerExperience
05-06-2012, 12:07 AM
If they miss on D-will I could see the mavs blowing it up and rebuilding through the draft because I doubt Dwight comes without him.

Latarian Milton
05-06-2012, 12:12 AM
deron is the straw to grab for them drowning mavs now tbh, if deron joins them DH will follow him then them mavs will dominate the SHIT out of the west with 3D. however if deron stays or goes elsewhere them mavs better start rebuilding right away rather then take a chance at eric gordon. not sure if deron is so adamant to join them dallas but he's definitely worth a try tbh

BRHornet45
05-06-2012, 12:59 AM
true. sons even though the Mavs were the worst team in the playoffs this season (close with Utah), they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. they were smart for not throwing away an absurd amount of money on some of those players that left. as much as I like Tyson and as great as his defense is, he simply will not be worth $14 million per year 2-3 years down the road.

HeatChamps
05-06-2012, 01:01 AM
The Mavs without Chandler or a legit Center are shit. Deron won't fill the gap at Center.

Jacob1983
05-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Mark Cuban needs to wake the fuck up and go out and sign a decent strong center that can rebound the ball and score in the paint and play some damn defense.

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Mark Cuban needs to wake the fuck up and go out and sign a decent strong center that can rebound the ball and score in the paint and play some damn defense.

yeah i'm not sure why they have always had some sort of fetish about trying to win without a center. a quality center should ALWAYS be the first thing you put next to dirk, no matter how much you have to pay, or how much you have to give up. Scout, do something. A player like Dirk should ALWAYS be complemented by a strong defensive center. No brainer.

Darkwaters
05-06-2012, 01:09 AM
true. sons even though the Mavs were the worst team in the playoffs this season (close with Utah), they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. they were smart for not throwing away an absurd amount of money on some of those players that left. as much as I like Tyson and as great as his defense is, he simply will not be worth $14 million per year 2-3 years down the road.

I don't know, the New York Knicks are pretty embarrasing.

Latarian Milton
05-06-2012, 01:10 AM

sorry but DH isn't joining your team, at least not this year tbh

Jacob1983
05-06-2012, 01:11 AM
The Mavs had a quality center and told him to fuck off. How'd that work?

You can hate on Tyson Chandler all you want but he was the best center in Mavs' franchise history.

Latarian Milton
05-06-2012, 01:15 AM
^ nigga just joined the right team at a right time but it doesn't mean he's THE greatest in mavs history, i'd pick sam perkins over him any day of the week tbh

baseline bum
05-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Nah, Dallas fucked up bigtime not bringing their championship team back. It wasn't like that team backed into a title either; they beat 3 really good teams pretty decisively and probably had another deep run in them. That contract to Haywood really fucked them over. They're lucky that Howard has bungled his free agency so badly, thus giving them a great shot at Williams and thus being a strong contender next year though.

TimmehC
05-06-2012, 01:25 AM
If they don't get Deron and Dwight, Mavs should tank next year, tbh. Have Dirk pretend to be hurt so they can get their next star in the draft. It's the classy thing to do.

Old Man Kidd
05-06-2012, 02:22 AM
I guess it's all or nothing now. Triple D in Big D!

jestersmash
05-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Spurs fans are extremely lucky in that we've never really faced adverse and blatantly biased reffing in a playoff series. In fact, it's been just the opposite for us - we've benefited from blatantly biased reffing ('07 Donaghy Spurs-Suns where Suns should have won).

Dallas now has faced somewhat bullshit reffing in OKC-Mavs '12 (although "somewhat" bullshit reffing makes a huge difference when games are decided by a single point) and extremely bull shit reffing in '06 against Miami.

Spurs (in '07 - all of Suns series) and Lakers (game 6 of Lakers-Kings '02 and game 7 of Lakers-Celtics '10) have flat out been fortunate to essentially cheat their way to an extra ring. Mavs not only have been denied that kind of benefit (despite being a fairly large market), they've been victims of awful reffing twice so far.

jestersmash
05-06-2012, 02:26 AM
The only saving grace is (no offense Mavs fans) - even if Mavs win this series against OKC, it's highly unlikely that they would've won the title again anyway.

Mavs-Heat '06 still stings a whole lot more. Even with fair reffing in this series, I didn't see enough to reasonably say you guys could've won against the likes of Miami or even L.A. in the 2nd round.

Old Man Kidd
05-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Spurs fans are extremely lucky in that we've never really faced adverse and blatantly biased reffing in a playoff series. In fact, it's been just the opposite for us - we've benefited from blatantly biased reffing ('07 Donaghy Spurs-Suns where Suns should have won).

Dallas now has faced somewhat bullshit reffing in OKC-Mavs '12 (although "somewhat" bullshit reffing makes a huge difference when games are decided by a single point) and extremely bull shit reffing in '06 against Miami.

Spurs (in '07 - all of Suns series) and Lakers (Lakers-Kings '02 and game 7 of Lakers-Celtics '10) have flat out been fortunate to essentially cheat their way to an extra ring. Mavs not only have been denied that kind of benefit (despite being a fairly large market), they've been victims of awful reffing twice so far.

The only saving grace is (no offense Mavs fans) - even if Mavs win this series against OKC, it's highly unlikely that they would've won the title again anyway.

Mavs-Heat '06 still stings a whole lot more. Even with fair reffing in this series, I didn't see enough to reasonably say you guys could've won against the likes of Miami or even L.A. in the 2nd round.

I'm glad someone else sees it for what it is. Like you said, I'm not too upset because of the simple fact that we probably don't win it all this year anyway. But I take a big issue with the fact that we got screwed and the unfair bias teams like the Thunder get. They need to understand that you cannot simply "manufacture" superstars, that it's something that just happens naturally and sending Durant to the line 50 times won't make him Jordan or improve the quality of the game. The best basketball actually occurs when 2 evenly matched teams are just going at each other hard with little stoppage of play. THAT is good basketball to me. The celebrity bullshit needs to stop too. These guys are athletes, NOT celebrities. We don't want Lebron/Durant/Rose shoved down our throats ever 5 seconds. They are ruining the game in an attempt to bring in the casual fan, but at the expensive of the diehard fans like us.

Old Man Kidd
05-06-2012, 02:34 AM
And to make another point, yeah 06 really hurt. It completely made me stop watching basketball the way I used to (I still followed loosely) until just about 2011. My theory is that Dallas is the 3rd biggest metro in the US, second to only New York and LA, and also the fastest growing area. After all the screwjobs we had to endure, they gave us that one because they were losing the Dallas market or at least feared so. A lot of the diehards I know stopped following as closely. A screwjob is just a whole new level of painful besides just losing a series. For whatever reason, Stern really has it out for Cuban and I'm betting the ONLY reason he allowed last year to happen was to appease the upset Dallas area fan and make a good storyline with the whole getting revenge on the Heat thing. The best thing for the franchise is honestly for Cuban to sell the team, or blow Stern under the table or something.

tesseractive
05-06-2012, 03:18 AM
And to make another point, yeah 06 really hurt. It completely made me stop watching basketball the way I used to (I still followed loosely) until just about 2011. My theory is that Dallas is the 3rd biggest metro in the US, second to only New York and LA, and also the fastest growing area. After all the screwjobs we had to endure, they gave us that one because they were losing the Dallas market or at least feared so. A lot of the diehards I know stopped following as closely. A screwjob is just a whole new level of painful besides just losing a series. For whatever reason, Stern really has it out for Cuban and I'm betting the ONLY reason he allowed last year to happen was to appease the upset Dallas area fan and make a good storyline with the whole getting revenge on the Heat thing. The best thing for the franchise is honestly for Cuban to sell the team, or blow Stern under the table or something.

So in your conspiracy-laden world, why do the Spurs have four titles? It can hardly be because Stern loves a small market like San Antonio. One reason we've won is that Pop will never, ever grant that the officiating cost the Spurs a game. Teams that get rattled by bad officiating deserve what they get.

There's never been a series in history where the refs cost a team all 4 losses. Lose a game to the refs? Win 4 of the other 6. Besides, you have a championship -- leave the whining to the Suns fans.