timvp
05-05-2012, 11:46 PM
In HD.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Stockton was in the house....

MB3//
05-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Stockton was there. Which is even better.

Spurs Brazil
05-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Stockton was at the arena.

FTJ.

Sweep coming

T Park
05-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Suck it Utah. D rob just gave a fist pump.

Juggity
05-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I've never seen timvp express such consistent hatred towards anyone as towards Malone.

Not that it isn't deserved. Just an impressive grudge.

timvp
05-05-2012, 11:53 PM
:lol Stockton

Now we just gotta hope Karl Malone was tuned in. He probably wanted to go to the game but the Jazz no longer give him complementary tickets, tbh.

benefactor
05-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Yes.

Fuck them both.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2012, 11:58 PM
I've never seen timvp express such consistent hatred towards anyone as towards Malone.

Not that it isn't deserved. Just an impressive grudge.

He hates Malone like I hate Terry! Thats impressive lol.

ElNono
05-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Former Laker Karl Malone?

:lol

Dr. John R. Brinkley
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Yeah, and screw Mark Eaton too!

bayareaspursfan
05-06-2012, 12:02 AM
:lol Stockton

Now we just gotta hope Karl Malone was tuned in. He probably wanted to go to the game but the Jazz no longer give him complementary tickets, tbh.

Actually Karl Malone and Jazz reconciled. They are friends again.

Holt's Cat
05-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Jazz fan was bailing early. The tabernacle must've been serving free drinks on Cinco de Mayo.

T Park
05-06-2012, 12:06 AM
:smokin love Parker owning the pasty gangstah's former court. Suck it Stockton you dirty bitch.

pad300
05-06-2012, 12:08 AM
I understand the Malone hate; Malone was such a twat... But why does Stockton bug you so much?
Sure, he'd push the rules as far as he could get away with, but so would Bowen... He was pretty much a model pro in the same mode, who worked really hard, and played some pretty awesome ball. Unlike that Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_ Malone, he wasn't going to try and hurt somebody when he lost. Stockton put it all on the court, would play as hard as he could, and at the end of the series, no hard feelings...

timvp
05-06-2012, 12:08 AM

We don't give the Jazz the benefit of the doubt, tbh.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-06-2012, 12:10 AM

How many times is that? Seems like he gets all butt hurt about something the Jazz do or don't do every two or three years.

They're not acknowledging you properly, Karl? Now you know how your daughter feels...

timvp
I understand the Malone hate; Malone was such a twat... But why does Stockton bug you so much?
Sure, he'd push the rules as far as he could get away with, but so would Bowen... He was pretty much a model pro in the same mode, who worked really hard, and played some pretty awesome ball. Unlike that Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_ Malone, he wasn't going to try and hurt somebody when he lost. Stockton put it all on the court, would play as hard as he could, and at the end of the series, no hard feelings...

You must not have watched Stockton try to take out DRob's knees 20 times per game in the playoffs on those blind backscreens in the paint. Stockton was dirtier than Malone.

T Park

Bullshit, Stockton was just as dirty as Malone.

The whole team was cheap shot shooting dirty fucks .

pad300
The hell? I thought Luck_The_Fakers was for misspelling Sean's last name, not for using the c- word.... Lets try this again,

Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Revenge is always nice, but I'll always be slightly disappointed that the Spurs never got to go through the Stockton/Malone Jazz just one more time before David retired.

Still, it's awesome to be on the other side of administering playoff ass whippings in this rivalry.

shyne
05-06-2012, 12:11 AM
While we're at it fuck hornecek and Morris too

Holt's Cat
05-06-2012, 12:13 AM
No rings at the end of their golden era, one of the most overrated in NBA history.

pad300
05-06-2012, 12:14 AM
You must not have watched Stockton try to take out DRob's knees 20 times per game in the playoffs on those blind backscreens in the paint. Stockton was dirtier than Malone.

Did he ever actually hurt somebody on that blind back-screen. Unlike say Bowen, who occasionally got too far extending a foot to make some jumpshooter worry about where he was coming down...

Holt's Cat
05-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Serving as the backdrop for MJ doesn't mean you were great.

NRHector
05-06-2012, 12:15 AM
fuck those 2 especially Malone

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2012, 12:16 AM
While we're at it fuck hornecek

Hornacek has a front-row seat for this; he's a Jazz assistant.

and Morris too

and Keefe . . . and Foster . . . and Russell . . . and Ostertag . . . and Eisley . . . .

Holt's Cat
05-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Did the Jazz bear retire too? I hated that fuckign commie.

T Park
05-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Fuck Antoine Carr too.

Assman
05-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Fuck that entire crowd and every other jazz fan.

T Park
05-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Fuck Jeff Malone. Fuck Brown fuck Brevin Knight

timvp
05-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Did he ever actually hurt somebody on that blind back-screen. Unlike say Bowen, who occasionally got too far extending a foot to make some jumpshooter worry about where he was coming down...

W25t7wXLVfw

Watch that video a few times. That one Stockton backscreen on Robinson at ~18 seconds was one of his cleaner backscreens of the series, tbh. Malone was pretty dirty, but mostly because he was strong. Stockton was the player who went out there trying to injure you. Thankfully he wasn't quite strong enough to get it done most of the time, although I do remember he knocked out DRob with a back injury during a game once.

The best thing Rodman ever did as a Spur was deliver that cheapshot on Stockton, tbh.

GSH
05-06-2012, 12:28 AM

Yes, Stockton hurt people over the years. And he used to love the elbow/forearm to the ribs. Give him credit, I guess, for being sneaky enough to get by with it. But he was a dirty bastard. And I don't say that about many players.

For the record, two of the most famous times when Bruce was supposed to have extended a foot under a jumpshooter, the guys were shooting 3's and launched so that they came down about 2-3 feet inside the arc, after letting the ball fly. (One was Ray Allen, I forgot who the other was.) If you have to give a guy that big of a cushion to avoid getting accused of being dirty, you might as well say that you can't defend a 3-point shooter. I'm not saying Bruce never got under a shooter, but the two cases they always use as "proof" are bullshit.

T Park
05-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Fuck David Benoit and Felton Spencer too.

Great video. Shows what a bitch Stockton was.

Spursfan092120
05-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Malone was somewhere ignoring his daughter.

jag
05-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Greg Ostertag was a Shrek looking scrub ass bitch.

Spursfan092120
05-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Stockton was as "dirty" as Bowen imo

jag
05-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Bruce was hustle-dirty. Stockton was evil-dirty.

jag
05-06-2012, 12:35 AM
It doesn't help that their franchise is backed by the Mormon cult.

timvp
05-06-2012, 12:36 AM
That video reminds me how happy I am Stockton and Malone never got a ring. It also reminds me the type of horrible teammates Robinson had to deal with (:lol @ Negele Knight and Vinny Del Negro backcourt).

Tbh, I respect those Jazz teams. Hell, the Spurs pretty much modeled their franchise around those Jazz teams. But those playoff losses to the Jazz aren't easily forgotten. Even four championships later, IMO.

T Park
05-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Negele Knight Sleepy Floyd PG combination....

Yet Robinson was soft for not winning...

timvp
05-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Revenge is always nice, but I'll always be slightly disappointed that the Spurs never got to go through the Stockton/Malone Jazz just one more time before David retired.

Still, it's awesome to be on the other side of administering playoff ass whippings in this rivalry.

Now that I think about it, winning Game 4 could give some closure. IIRC, the Jazz never eliminated the Spurs in front of a San Antonio crowd. I know they never swept the Spurs.

To sweep the Jazz and do it in Salt Lake City could help to close the book.

will_spurs
05-06-2012, 12:43 AM
NOTES: Jazz Hall of Famers Jerry Sloan and John Stockton were in attendance Saturday ...

From the AP report.

pad300
05-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Stockton was as "dirty" as Bowen imo

Yep, that's about where I call it. They were both utter bastards to play against who would use any trick they could get away with on the floor. They wouldn't deliberately try and injure someone, unlike say Karl Malone (see Drob, Isiah Thomas, etc). And once the game was over, it was over, and they were men about it...

And personally, I don't define that as dirty play. If the ref will let you do it, go ahead, so long as it's not going to injure someone ... Getting your forearm/Elbow into somebodys ribs... is take it and dish it back out territory. Bruises are price of admission.

Dirty is Raja Bell clotheslining Kobe. Reggie Evans grabbing some nuts. Rondo throwing Hinrich into the scorer's table. It's where you're trying to hurt someone, not play ball.

DMC
05-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Wasn't Malone a Laker scrub though?

T Park
05-06-2012, 01:02 AM
You guys thinking Stockton didn't try to injure are being ignorant...

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-06-2012, 01:04 AM
:lol @ Negele Knight and Vinny Del Negro backcourt

And gosh damn that series was physical.

angelbelow
05-06-2012, 01:05 AM
I was only in 5th grade when I first started watching basketball. Back then it was pretty much Western conference = Jazz and Eastern conference = Bulls. Stockton was probably my favorite but even I could tell that he was dirty player. And I still kind of miss Bob Costas' as a broadcaster and the NBA on NBC theme song.

baseline bum
05-06-2012, 01:07 AM
The Spurs exercised the demons of the past 13 years ago, so I don't want to dwell on it. Instead, look to the future when the Jizz still won't be shit. LOL Hayward 4 points. LOL @ anyone who thinks that team has a future consisting of more than first round exits.

pad300
05-06-2012, 01:24 AM

You really think if he was trying to injure people? A guy with Stockton's brains, guts and toughness? I'm pretty sure he would have done a LOT more damage than he did if he was trying...

Walton Buys Off Me
05-06-2012, 01:27 AM
As someone who endured many a long night in Salt Lake City throughout the 90's I sit here tonight a winner enjoying a nice buzz after having watched the Jazz get the full cavity search on National television.

Watching Sloan and Stockton amidst the Utah riffraff this evening was peotic justice.

Fuck the Jazz, fuck Karl Malone, fuck John Stockton, fuck Jerry Sloan and fuck their redneck fans.

Spurs just emptied their balls on the state of Utah.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2012, 01:42 AM
That fucking Benoit dunk still hurts to watch. The only reason I don't completely hate Dennis Rodman is because he was able to piss Stockton and Malone off so bad.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-06-2012, 03:11 AM
You really think if he was trying to injure people? A guy with Stockton's brains, guts and toughness? I'm pretty sure he would have done a LOT more damage than he did if he was trying...

Don't know how old are you and how much 90's basketball you have watched, so not trying to be obnoxious, but there's no comparison between Bruce's ways and Stockton's. Fuck Stockton and fuck Malone and fuck that franchise.Fuck them. I hope we sweep them and hope NO steals back their name and hope they come out of existence.

Manufan909
05-06-2012, 03:31 AM
W25t7wXLVfw

Watch that video a few times. That one Stockton backscreen on Robinson at ~18 seconds was one of his cleaner backscreens of the series, tbh. Malone was pretty dirty, but mostly because he was strong. Stockton was the player who went out there trying to injure you. Thankfully he wasn't quite strong enough to get it done most of the time, although I do remember he knocked out DRob with a back injury during a game once.

The best thing Rodman ever did as a Spur was deliver that cheapshot on Stockton, tbh.

What was the call for that anyways? You'd think a judo slam would be a flagrant 1 or 2, but I bet nothing was even called.

I was a Rockets fan back in the 90s when I didn't really know jack about the NBA (I turned 10 when the Spurs won their first :lobt:), and one of my top ten favorite players was Stockton. I can officially say he's now one of my top 10 most despised players.

timvp
05-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Here's an extended video of that Stockton/Robinson dust-up:

mcGk-TjlHwc

Stockton's initial backscreen was even dirtier. Too bad JR Reid didn't connect with that elbow, tbh.

And then Stockton with the premeditated takedown of Robinson. If Bowen did that, he would have received a multiple game suspension. There's no way Bowen was ever that outwardly dirty.

No offense to anyone, but if you look at Stockton's choirboy looks and think he wasn't a dirty player, you simply didn't watch 90s basketball. Stockton was dirtier and tried to hurt players more than anyone in the league. Those two backscreens on Robinson alone (and those literally happened about 30 times per game) should be proof enough that he was no saint.

Stockton was the toughest, meanest S.O.B. in the game. It's a lot of the reason why he was such a great player. But to think that he wouldn't slice your favorite player's throat to win a game is naive.

Slomo
05-06-2012, 05:54 AM
In HD.

:lmao

You know how much I agree with you on this :lol

Seing Sloan and Stockton in attendance today in SLC, made the game so much more enjoyable.

As for Malone...

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Drama_Queen.jpg

Das Texan
05-06-2012, 08:21 AM
No matter how much time passes between the Stockton/Malone days, I still take great joy in seeing those fuckers get beat down by the Spurs.

Fuck John Stockton.
Fuck Karl Malone.
Fuck Jerry Sloan.

And all the got damn minions that they had with them for all those got damn years.

I hope one day Stockton and Malone look at their ring less fingers and wonder what might have been if they werent such pieces of shit on the basketball court (Stockton) or on the basketball court and in life in general (Malone)

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Fuck em.

TampaDude
05-06-2012, 08:27 AM
All I gotta say is...REMEMBER THE ELBOW!!!

Fuck the Jazz.

mountainballer
05-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Stockton was dirty. but I still can't disrespect him like I disrepect Malone.
as it has been mentioned by Timvp, he was tough as nails as well. and he wasn't afraid to go against 7 footers who put 100 lbs more on the scale.

Malone was dirty, coward and sneaky. (like he used to be off the court as well). he prefered his tough acts against players 100 lbs lighter than him.

6bM-Y4UoiAY

Wild Cobra Kai
05-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Now that I think about it, winning Game 4 could give some closure. IIRC, the Jazz never eliminated the Spurs in front of a San Antonio crowd. I know they never swept the Spurs.

To sweep the Jazz and do it in Salt Lake City could help to close the book.

To me, the redemption was that final weekend in '99, punking their ASSES in SLC. Even though Malone was awarded the MVP, he was always the second best PF on the floor in our games after that one glorious 99 beat down. That one O rebound dunk by TIm may have been the most raw emotion ever shown by Tim on the floor in 15 seasons.

shyne
05-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Can't forget the Timmy Shimmy at the buzzer back in 2003 I believe, also a great moment.

Hemotivo
05-06-2012, 10:51 AM

this

T Park
05-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Lol @ the color commentator on that video "clearly Robinson flops to the ground"

Yeah those extended arms by Stockton had nothing to do with it...

Mugen
05-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Nothing is going to make up for .4

But knowing the coattail riding dirty SOB retired ringless that year helps a little.

Spurs Brazil
05-06-2012, 11:54 AM
That video bring me memories, my 1st season as a Spurs fan. And I hate the Jazz since that

yagozev
05-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Stockton was watching... that's for sure! :lol

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/ee/fullj.6855a4aff3ad76962a29560b882bcc29/ap-201205060044026450378.1336321747.jpg

pgardn
05-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Here's an extended video of that Stockton/Robinson dust-up:

mcGk-TjlHwc

Stockton's initial backscreen was even dirtier. Too bad JR Reid didn't connect with that elbow, tbh.

And then Stockton with the premeditated takedown of Robinson. If Bowen did that, he would have received a multiple game suspension. There's no way Bowen was ever that outwardly dirty.

No offense to anyone, but if you look at Stockton's choirboy looks and think he wasn't a dirty player, you simply didn't watch 90s basketball. Stockton was dirtier and tried to hurt players more than anyone in the league. Those two backscreens on Robinson alone (and those literally happened about 30 times per game) should be proof enough that he was no saint.

Stockton was the toughest, meanest S.O.B. in the game. It's a lot of the reason why he was such a great player. But to think that he wouldn't slice your favorite player's throat to win a game is naive.

That all initially began with Stockton illegally screening Robinson and getting pissed Robinson threw him aside. JR Reid had already experienced Stockton's illegal screens and gave him a second reason to be mad. So Stockton takes in out on David, who he knows wont try to hurt him.

I watched Stockton screen illegally so many times I wanted to vomit. He would use the bow to the belly. He would use a knee to a knee. And after he had done the dirty deed, he would flop screen. He would just step in front of moving players constantly and one never knew if he was going for a dirty blow or flopping.

But... the guy could really play.

Malone was dangerously dirty because he was so massive. Malone pulling Stockton tricks would have put a bunch of people down and out.

pgardn
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
The announcers...

...started with Robinson and Stockton initially getting tied up.

Stockton frckn grabs Robinson on the screen so Robinson threw him off...

stu scotts eye
05-06-2012, 12:46 PM
In HD.

I agree completely with his hatred. I think you can tell how long someones been a spurs fan from who they hate... The wrath of malone in my blood is thick, especially after he elbowed drob in the ear and made him collapse..

Fuck Malone, Stockton, and all those pasty ppl on their roster.

Seventyniner
05-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Just imagine the bloodbath that would result if we could combine Stockton's intent with Malone's strength.

sanman53
05-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Watching all of these highlights still makes me sick. Top 4 on my dislike list:

1. Shaq
2. Malone
3. Stockton
4. Gary Payton

The reason I have Malone/Stockton as 2-3 because they NEVER won the 'ship. NEVER! D-Rob '2' and retired on top. What a way to end a wonderful career. And what a way to end the Malone/Stockton careers!

slick'81
05-06-2012, 02:28 PM
i got a really good satisfaction seeing stocktons smug ass there while sa was dismantling those fckn jazz yet again

TampaDude
05-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Stockton is lucky that DRob was such a gentleman, or else Johnny boy would've left the arena on a stretcher.

GSH
05-06-2012, 09:26 PM
c) How many times did the Spurs beat that Jazz roster in the playoffs again...?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKE6YV-UffBOFnNXiksoU46YG-u8AiiVGUUsYaPduwfePwi5Gmdg

Wild Cobra Kai
05-06-2012, 09:41 PM
a) LOL @ Stockton picking up David pussy-ass Robinson, and just hurling him to the floor. Stockton had stones 3 times the size of that entire Spurs roster put together.

b) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bsuLF0DqzU

Enjoy the past. That fine ringless team is all you'll ever have. :lol

Juggity
05-06-2012, 09:52 PM
a) LOL @ Stockton picking up David pussy-ass Robinson, and just hurling him to the floor. Stockton had stones 3 times the size of that entire Spurs roster put together.

lol about to be swept out of the playoffs in embarrassing fashion
lol jazzfan

TampaDude
05-06-2012, 10:01 PM

David Robinson could've broken John Stockton in half without breaking a sweat if he wanted to. As a matter of fact, DRob could still do it today. Like I said, there are a lot of players who are lucky Robinson was a good Christian gentleman.

Oh, BTW...get ready to be broomed outta the playoffs on Monday night. :lmao

timvp
05-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Top 20 point guard of all-time.

Top 20 power forward of all-time.

Top 20 coach of all-time.

Active at the same time.

Nothing to show for it other than a bankrupt car dealership.

Props.

T Park
05-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Robinson has 2, Stockton and Malone the punks have zip.

Game, set, match.

Fail.

TJastal
05-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Bullshit, Stockton was just as dirty as Malone.

The whole team was cheap shot shooting dirty fucks .

Not as bad as the present day lakers. Well, actually Fish is gone so it might be close now.

TJastal
05-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Stockton was dirty. but I still can't disrespect him like I disrepect Malone.
as it has been mentioned by Timvp, he was tough as nails as well. and he wasn't afraid to go against 7 footers who put 100 lbs more on the scale.

Malone was dirty, coward and sneaky. (like he used to be off the court as well). he prefered his tough acts against players 100 lbs lighter than him.

6bM-Y4UoiAY

+1

I also have much respect for John Stockton, and for what he could do out on the court. He could be a dirty player at times, but so could Bruce Bowen.

TampaDude
05-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Ahh yes, the classic rings argument. You all know damn well that no Spurs team could have even come CLOSE to beating the 96-98 bulls teams. but yes, enjoy the fact that you beat a lakers time that the jazz swept, a piss-poor Cavs team, an even worse Nets team. The win against the Pistons was probably te only impressive one, but we all know damn well that this team wasn't half as good as the 96-98 bulls.

Again, I'm waiting on a response: how many times did you guys beat Stock and Malone in the playoffs? It's an easy question :P

It's been 14 years since that 1998 Finals, and the Spurs have won 4 :lobt2: in that time.

How many have the Jazz won in that time? It's an easy question. :lol

Oh, BTW...the 1999 Championship was over the Knicks, not the Lakers. :lol

baseline bum
05-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Ahh yes, the classic rings argument. You all know damn well that no Spurs team could have even come CLOSE to beating the 96-98 bulls teams. but yes, enjoy the fact that you beat a lakers time that the jazz swept, a piss-poor Cavs team, an even worse Nets team. The win against the Pistons was probably te only impressive one, but we all know damn well that this team wasn't half as good as the 96-98 bulls.

Again, I'm waiting on a response: how many times did you guys beat Stock and Malone in the playoffs? It's an easy question :P

:cry Jordan stopped them in 99 too :cry

Juggity
05-06-2012, 10:47 PM

:cry My team has never been good enough to win any rings and now it's about to be swept out of the playoffs, please love me guize :cry

TampaDude
05-06-2012, 10:48 PM
:cry Jordan stopped them in 99 too :cry

HUH??? :lol

baseline bum
05-06-2012, 10:49 PM
LOL MVP Karl Malone getting his title dreams ended by Jordan... I mean, Brian Grant.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199905270POR.html

T Park
05-06-2012, 10:50 PM

last i checked they hung banners for rings and not "playoff series"

:lol @ hanging onto the past

baseline bum
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Cold-blooded how Jordan made Malone miss all those free throws in Seattle.

T Park
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
LOL MVP Karl Malone getting his title dreams ended by Jordan... I mean, Brian Grant.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199905270POR.html

:lol @ 3 of 16 in a close out game for the "MVP"

choke

TampaDude
05-06-2012, 11:09 PM
:lol @ 3 of 16 in a close out game for the "MVP"

choke

baseline bum
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
3 of 16 in a close-out game to a team that got skunked in the next round tbh.

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 12:30 AM
its safe to say that Karl Malone is the undisputed greatest regular season PF of all time

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 12:32 AM
the 98 Jazz team > any Spurs team

Possibly if you only count the first 47 minutes of the game.

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Then again, probably not

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199806070CHI.html

Cow Eye
05-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Regardless, the 98 Jazz team > any Spurs team.

This is the most hilarious thing I've ever read. :rollin

I must commend you on your trolling, sir.:clap

T Park
05-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Regardless, the 98 Jazz team > any Spurs team, and the 96-98 Bulls teams were better than all of the Spurs' finals-opponents put-together.

Also, seeing as Poppovich has recently said that Duncan has been starting as a center for 15 years, its safe to say that Karl Malone is the undisputed greatest PF of all time; Timeh will probably be in 5th place for best center- shucks.

:lol @ quoting Pop

flipspursfan
05-07-2012, 03:02 AM

Hi son, easy answer really. We didn't. But it gives me solace to think that those two retired TOSBs have no ring and on top of that, watch their beloved team get bukkaked and anally fucked by the Spurs.

As to your "the spurs beat shit teams to win a championship" thing. I can again take solace in the fact that Stockton would have allowed a Cuck session by allowing David Robinson thump his wife for even a taste for a ring. :toast

Mal:lolne

flipspursfan
05-07-2012, 03:04 AM
:lol @ quoting Pop

boiled down::

Timmy "Best PF of all time Duncan" : 4

Retired TOSB Karl "bankrupt car dealership" Malone : 0

I'll take this any time of the day :toast

TE
05-07-2012, 03:09 AM
You just gotta have one little mercy area in your heart for jazz fan, regardless if this waste of life is trolling or not.

Rapper
05-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Sorry Karl

Duncan is the best PF of all time

benefactor
05-07-2012, 07:13 AM
You just gotta have one little mercy area in your heart for jazz fan, regardless if this waste of life is trolling or not.
Nope. Girasuck is the only decent one on this site...and probably the only decent one I've ever encountered. I'm sure many times he's embarrassed at the behavior of his fellow fans.

It's kinda like being a Texans fan and having to tolerate Rocket fan.

hooperflash
05-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Regardless, the 98 Jazz team > any Spurs team

the 2012 Bobcats say Hi.
http://www.mediafire.com/conv/224fe5687dd97a8523395dcf6e726e319bb13bf090846a4f49 a017f996295cb06g.jpg

ambchang
05-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Top 20 point guard of all-time.

Top 20 power forward of all-time.

Top 20 coach of all-time.

Active at the same time.

Nothing to show for it other than a bankrupt car dealership.

Props.

Very very nice subtle jabs. :lol

ambchang
05-07-2012, 09:52 AM

Not sure how the Spurs could beat a team in the playoffs when they were already swept by the Jazz. Which year did they do a double elimination game?

And I don't really get your drift, are you saying the Spurs can't beat the Bulls when you are a Jazz fan?

:( Feel bad that you had to go up against bad meanies during the time when a pedophile was leading your favourite team :( :( :( Pedophiles < bullies :( :(

T Park
05-07-2012, 09:53 AM

The same fan who threw crap onto the floor in 2007? F that noise...

timvp
05-07-2012, 09:58 AM
:cry:cry"Some years later Karl scheduled and cancelled or blew off a number of lunch appointments with me. On three separate occasions Karl had one of his assistants schedule a lunch appointment with me. The first time Karl never showed up. When I called his assistant I was told that Karl had something come up and he wouldn’t be able to join me. We rescheduled. I got a call on the way to the second appointment a few weeks later to tell me Karl couldn’t make it. That happened again the third time a month or so later.

A couple of years ago Karl called me to see if our family would be willing to sell him the real estate under his Toyota dealership in Draper, Utah. I told him I’d be happy to discuss it with him. I drove to the dealership and we met in his conference room. Karl’s disposition was very cold at first, but as the conversation progressed, he gradually warmed up. We agreed in concept to the deal, and by the end of the meeting Karl said he thought we should spend more time together. I agreed and suggested we have lunch a couple days later, to which he agreed. Two days later, as I was about to leave for the lunch appointment, he had someone call to tell me he wouldn’t be able to make it.":cry:cry

Larry Miller's daughter ain't half the owner her old man was, tbh.

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Not sure how the Spurs could beat a team in the playoffs when they were already swept by the Jazz.

My guess is that he means the 1998 Jazz swept the Lakers and the Spurs beat them in the playoffs.

He neglects to mention that the 1999 Spurs swept the Lakers -- a Lakers team with Kobe Bryant (who played 21.8 mpg in 1998 and 41.8 mpg in 1999) and Glen Rice in its starting lineup instead of Eddie Jones and Rick Fox.

lefty
05-07-2012, 10:27 AM
You may hate Stockton, but he was a stud

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 10:41 AM
MVP getting his shit pushed in by Brian Grant and a Blazers team who couldn't win a game the next series. :lmao

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 10:52 AM
1. Tim Duncan
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Charles Barkley

Who do you take at 4 though? KG or Warm Karl?

Horse
05-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Fuck the jazz if malone wasn't allowed to karate chop Drob they would never beat us. Every playoff win against the jazz is a thing of beauty. So you can jerkoff every night to memories of stockton and malones short shorts, but that won't stop the broom that's headed your way tonight assclown!

GSH
05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
You may hate Stockton. But he was a stud

I do hate Stockton. But he was, indeed, a stud. A dirty, ringless stud - but a stud nonetheless.

cd98
05-07-2012, 12:51 PM
No one can question the abilities of a guy that set two unbreakable records: steals and assists.

But I still get pissed every time I think about him setting that pick in the middle of the paint to draw fouls on David Robinson.

benefactor
05-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Pretty easy to question Stockton's assist numbers. Scorekeepers have said themselves that they inflated his numbers.

cd98
05-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Pretty easy to question Stockton's assist numbers. Scorekeepers have said themselves that they inflated his numbers.

Same could be said about all point guards. Hard to argue about his individual stats. Just be happy that he never won a title.

pad300
05-07-2012, 02:33 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Charles Barkley

Who do you take at 4 though? KG or Warm Karl?

I think I take KG at 2... Duncan and KG play both ends; neither Dirk nor Charles ever really gave a rats ass for the defensive half of the game.

In all honesty, I'm not even sure Warm Karl is fifth. I always thought his points were hugely inflated by all the bunnies that Stockton set up for him...

ambchang
05-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Not sure if anyone remembered, but Stockton's record breaking assist was a pass to Malone in the post. Malone caught the ball, dribbled a few times, spun and shot a difficult jumper. No way in hell is that even close to an assist if it was a pass by anybody else.

TD 21
05-07-2012, 04:37 PM
It's funny, Spurs fans have respect for that puke Bryant, but not for Malone, when they're essentially one in the same. I'm not saying they're equals as players, what I'm saying is, neither was ever the best player in the game, but both had remarkable longevity as top five players.

At their absolute peaks, it's not difficult to make a case for Robinson and to a lesser extent, Barkley, being better than Malone. But he played at an elite level for so much longer, which is the primary reason why he's widely regarded as greater than either.

I still consider Malone to be the second best PF of all time and the greatest pure PF of all time. It's difficult to compare Malone and Barkley to Duncan and Garnett though. The latter two are center sized, so it would make sense that they're far superior defenders.

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
It's funny, Spurs fans have respect for that puke Bryant, but not for Malone, when they're essentially one in the same. I'm not saying they're equals as players, what I'm saying is, neither was ever the best player in the game, but both had remarkable longevity as top five players.

Warm Karl 0 for 19. At least Kobe was able to lead his team to 2.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2012, 04:59 PM

Must have missed the leading.

TD 21
05-07-2012, 05:05 PM

With the exception of two prime years, he had to go through the consensus greatest player of all-time. Sure, Bryant was able to lead his team to 2 . . . with a men against boys front line to do the heavy lifting for him.

tesseractive
05-07-2012, 05:39 PM
With the exception of two prime years, he had to go through the consensus greatest player of all-time. Sure, Bryant was able to lead his team to 2 . . . with a men against boys front line to do the heavy lifting for him.

If MJ was the only thing holding him back, he'd have two rings. Instead, Hakeem has them. Excuses, excuses.

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
He played Jordan twice. You might make that argument for an eastern conference team, but no way you do for Utah. He played like shit in the 97 playoffs anyways, and in the 98 he just choked the way he always did in big games. Malone is Webber with a better point guard and better health. LOL @ Malone shooting a Jermaine O'Neal esque 43.5% in the playoffs his first MVP year and an Iverson esque 41.7% in the playoffs his second MVP season.

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Maybe the only player in NBA history more overrated than Warm Karl is Russell.

TD 21
05-07-2012, 06:41 PM
If MJ was the only thing holding him back, he'd have two rings. Instead, Hakeem has them. Excuses, excuses.

Who said he was the only thing? He was clearly the biggest though. And with the level Olajuwon was playing at in '94 and '95, he wasn't too far behind.

baseline bum, I never said he stepped up in the '97 and '98 Finals. But this notion that he's "arguably the most overrated player ever", is nonsense. He's constantly disrespected, so I'm not sure how he could be considered overrated. If anything, he's underrated at this point. Bryant, Russell and Nowitzki, are the most overrated players of all time.

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Who said he was the only thing? He was clearly the biggest though. And with the level Olajuwon was playing at in '94 and '95, he wasn't too far behind.

baseline bum, I never said he stepped up in the '97 and '98 Finals. But this notion that he's "arguably the most overrated player ever", is nonsense. He's constantly disrespected, so I'm not sure how he could be considered overrated. If anything, he's underrated at this point. Bryant, Russell and Nowitzki, are the most overrated players of all time.

He's ridiculously overrated when people think he's up there with Duncan for the greatest PF to ever play and that Jordan stole his titles. Malone had his chances and choked against lots of other teams besides Chicago. It's funny to see people even bring 98 up since Pippen was rendered completely useless in the first minute of game 6, which made Chicago eminently beatable (especially on Utah's own floor).

Marcus Bryant
05-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Jazz fan is one dumb motherfucker.

pgardn
05-07-2012, 09:52 PM

Zero...

The same number of times you guys have beaten Duncan. The Jazz had better teams than the Spurs at that time. But now, its over. We have never lost a finals, you have never won a finals.

Good riddance.
See ya next season.
Take some nice pictures on the boat to nowhere.

baseline bum
05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
The Jizz did beat Duncan in 98.

pgardn
05-07-2012, 10:25 PM
The Jizz did beat Duncan in 98.

Indeed they did.

Now you made me hate them even more.

Saw a lot of green seats very early, then refill, and then leave again. I like that.

T Park
05-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Good for him.

0 rings.

scoreboard.

Go away and go home.

lefty
05-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Why did they keep the " Jazz " name anyway ?

Right, because there is nothing there

therealtruth
05-08-2012, 12:50 AM
He's ridiculously overrated when people think he's up there with Duncan for the greatest PF to ever play and that Jordan stole his titles. Malone had his chances and choked against lots of other teams besides Chicago. It's funny to see people even bring 98 up since Pippen was rendered completely useless in the first minute of game 6, which made Chicago eminently beatable (especially on Utah's own floor).

That's what made Jordan's play so awesome. He basically carried the team himself in that last game. The guy had an unbelievable will to win.

timvp
05-08-2012, 03:06 AM
Let me end this thread in old school style:

https://p.twimg.com/AsWiBvPCMAAkitS.jpg

Damn, that's an old school reference, tbh.

(:lmao @ Keith Closs going to the Clippers game tonight while wearing his own jersey)

baseline bum
05-08-2012, 03:13 AM
IBTL

:lol Closs
:lol Beatdown by hoodrats
:lol Only player in the NBA with no groupies

mountainballer
05-08-2012, 04:23 AM
Ahh yes, the classic rings argument.

you are right. rings are sooooooo overrated.

oh wait. maybe rings are not overrated. if you got some, you no longer need to point out some meaningless historical statistics.
you just need to count.
one, two, three, four.......

Spursfanfromafar
05-08-2012, 05:54 AM
The Jazz with Karl Malone and Stockton played the Spurs with Duncan in it 25 times and the Spurs won 16 times and lost just 9 times in all games - both regular season and playoffs...

pgardn
05-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Beat them?

Id say he Malowned them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bsuLF0DqzU

Lets not forget this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwN9s_ags18 dishing 36 against the "strong defensive tandem" of Rodman and Robinson

And then Tim rose, and the Jazz were no more. Malone's last 5 years with the Jazz were a lesson in futility. The Spurs and Lakers replaced the Bulls. Malone groveled around for a championship. He could not find one. Even with a supposed super team. Malone now lives a life as a cloistered, bitter, Nun without teeth.

Rodman was a horrible defensive player for the Spurs. He was all about rebounds. He would play D only when he felt like it, which was not often. Any awards he got with for D while with San Antonio were based on reputation.

Brutalis
05-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I think timvp got drunk last night.

I highly doubt either one of those guys gives a flying fuck what happened in that series.

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
:lol Lakaluva-style titles

manufan10
05-08-2012, 09:50 AM

I don't see any mention of Naruto in any of the titles.. :lol

lefty
05-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Narutimvp :lol

lefty
05-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Well, it has been a well known fact that Lakaluva = Timvp

cheguevara
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Well, it has been a well known fact that Lakaluva = Timvp

pretty much. timvp outed himself out once again

ambchang
05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Malone is most definitely overrated. He was good, but 2nd best PF of all time? No way.

Barkley was better, KG was better, and McHale was better. You can make an argument that even Nowitzki's better.

Malone has unbelievable longevity to his career, and props to him for that by keeping himself in absolute the best shape of anyone who ever played in the NBA, but let's face it, his offense was largely predicated on Stockton created plays. He was a fine mid-range jumper with a decent post up game. His offensive numbers were inflated. Look at him when he had any decent pressure and attention. When guarded by Dennis Rodman and the Bulls in the Finals, he withered. And it's not like the Bulls were collapsing on him, because he had great perimeter players to help him out (Stockton/Hornacek).

On defense, it was simply a case of him getting away with murder. I can personally never understand why and how he could get away with so much, but the league allowed it, and he had his share of victims throughout his career (actually going all the way to college).

Malone is probably one of the top 10 PF of all time, arguable top 5, but the 2nd best, and even in the same conversation with Duncan? You've got to be joking me.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Malone is most definitely overrated. He was good, but 2nd best PF of all time? No way.

Barkley was better, KG was better, and McHale was better. You can make an argument that even Nowitzki's better.

Malone has unbelievable longevity to his career, and props to him for that by keeping himself in absolute the best shape of anyone who ever played in the NBA, but let's face it, his offense was largely predicated on Stockton created plays. He was a fine mid-range jumper with a decent post up game. His offensive numbers were inflated. Look at him when he had any decent pressure and attention. When guarded by Dennis Rodman and the Bulls in the Finals, he withered. And it's not like the Bulls were collapsing on him, because he had great perimeter players to help him out (Stockton/Hornacek).

On defense, it was simply a case of him getting away with murder. I can personally never understand why and how he could get away with so much, but the league allowed it, and he had his share of victims throughout his career (actually going all the way to college).

Malone is probably one of the top 10 PF of all time, arguable top 5, but the 2nd best, and even in the same conversation with Duncan? You've got to be joking me.

Ambchang on point here. Malone reminds me of Stoudemire, both had MVP caliber point guards spoon feeding them easy baskets, inflating their stats and egos, and once those point guards were no longer part of the equation they really struggled.