PDA

View Full Version : Reason why you think the Pistons will win game 7

wsdp
06-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Tim will shoot Free Throws :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Chauncey will start at PG...

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Duncan will get his 24-15 but choke when it matters the most.
Bowen will guard Chauncey and RIP will blow up!
Sheed will play like he played in game 7 against Miami...play like hell all game -5minutes left in the game he will play like he should.

bigzak25
because dwayne wade is hurt...

Sasha
Tim will shoot Free Throws :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Chauncey will start at PG...

This board is full of Pistons today. Interesting. Don't you have your own board?

:rolleyes

wsdp
06-22-2005, 11:33 AM
This board is full of Pistons today. Interesting. Don't you have your own board?

Nope, ask Pacers fans @ indystar.com (our "home") :lol

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Their boards suck ass that's why

GrandeDavid
06-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Will a moderator please step forth and take the trash out? Fucking decent threads are getting pushed down by juvenile, quasi illiterate outbursts. Good grief!

DEFENDING CHAMPION
06-22-2005, 11:35 AM
because dwayne wade is hurt...

Wrong series.

Reasons Detroit will win:
Big Ben
Billups
Rasheed
Prince
Hamilton
Hunter
McDyess
Arroyo

oh and Larry Brown

wsdp
06-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Their boards suck ass that's why

Do you see us arguing this point? I'm not!

Alchal
06-22-2005, 11:37 AM
I would rather be here than a pistons board anyday.

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Wrong series.

he had the right series. That's the only game 7 you win. :)

Sasha
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
I would rather be here than a pistons board anyday.

Why is that?

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 11:43 AM

PISTONSNATION.COM SUCKS ASS. I think adolf hitler runs the board, deletes posts.

This is hands down the best board I have even been on. I am sorry if we are pissin you off...Dont have such a good product and it will not draw our attention. You should take that as a compliment

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Here's an idea. Charge money to opposing fans, for posting here. Make them pay 50c for each post, $1 for a troll post.

SouthernFried
06-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Bowen is NOT put on Billups.

GrandeDavid
06-22-2005, 11:51 AM
The Spurs decide to collectively say "phuck it" again and just hand them another game.

geerussell
06-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Funny how that welcome mat comes and goes. After games 1 & 2 it was laid out with people asking "Where's piston fan now?" ... going into game 7, one horry shot short of losing four straight, that mat was rolled up and burned.

Anyway, in response to the original topic...

- Momentum: the spurs have been outplayed for four straight games

- Experience: Every pro athlete ever asked says game 7 is different. The whole piston roster has from one to three game 7 wins under their belt. Huge edge for detroit. The spurs are almost completely untested. They've never been in the situation of facing elimination and overcoming it.

- Ginobili: They were carving his hall of fame bust after game 2. He has been brought down to earth for four straight games. Still good but not game-changing dominant by any stretch.

- Point guard play: They don't dare put Beno the walking turnover in. Parker has looked dazed and confused against the pressure and has turned into a jump shooter.

- Tim Duncan is gripping it pretty tight at the line. If he had more hair it'd be falling out in clumps at the stripe.

- Chauncey Billups is playing all-world right now.

- Rip found his shot in game 6.

- After being absent for games 1 & 2, Ben Wallace showed up to play in game 3 and has been a game-changing force since.

- SA's home court mystique is officially dispelled.

- Turnovers: Detroit set the finals record at 4 and then tied the old record of five as an encore. The spurs are coughing it up like a hairball.

There are more reasons the pistons will win game 7 but these are a good start.

rr2418
06-22-2005, 12:13 PM
The Pistons will have the momentum going into game 7. The Pistons have been tough for the Spurs, but I just wonder if the Spurs don't TO the ball so many times, I don't see the Pistons winning. So I guess my answer goes like this:

1. Big "MO"
2. Spurs TO's
3. Manu and TD have bad games

NoMoneyDown
06-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Funny how that welcome mat comes and goes. After games 1 & 2 it was laid out with people asking "Where's piston fan now?" ... going into game 7, one horry shot short of losing four straight, that mat was rolled up and burned.

I think what people are saying is not the fact that Detroit fans have increased their awareness lately, but the fact they are beginning(?) to carry an arrogant atitude in the process. I love nothing more than talking sensible dialog even when the parties disagree. It's when people start talking smack that irritates me - and, yes, even Spurs fans.

But keep in mind one thing ... this IS a Spurs forum first and foremost.

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
this IS a Spurs forum first and foremost.

and it is too bad that most of us PISTONS fans contribute more then you. :idiot

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 12:32 PM
And the biggest reason the Pistons will win Game 7?

If the Coin lands on Tails. I'm telling you, no one has any clue how this game will turn out. Spurs have never been in the situation before, so? That means they'll lose?
Pistons have never won a Game 7 in the Finals against the Spurs, either. No one knows what will happen.

I say at this point it all boils down to luck. Hate to say it, but all else being equal...

And based on the series, it seems pretty equal. Piston Fans are acting like they blew us out last night, when Spurs were up by 1 with 2:00 left. Manu made some huge mistakes, Pistons win, end of story. Except it's not. The Spurs still have one more game, and this time the stinking fans better not give up on them!!! (leaving the SBC Center early. :cuss)

margeryanne
06-22-2005, 12:36 PM
The reason I think the pistons will win game 7..... I DON"T!
GO SPURS GO!

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 12:39 PM
CHECK OUT THE PACER FORUM :lol

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110195

THEY ARE BEHIND US TOO LMAO!

NoMoneyDown
06-22-2005, 12:41 PM
and it is too bad that most of us PISTONS fans contribute more then you. :idiot

They do? Ah, yes they do contribute more :vomit than I do.

samikeyp
06-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Reasons Detroit will win:
Big Ben
Billups
Rasheed
Prince
Hamilton
Hunter
McDyess
Arroyo

ok....Arroyo is stretching it! :)

Hook Dem
06-22-2005, 12:44 PM
http://img126.echo.cx/img126/1767/never18hk.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

wsdp
06-22-2005, 12:49 PM
when Spurs were up by 1 with 2:00 left.

Spurs never lead in 4th quarter...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=250621024&period=4

cwalk12
06-22-2005, 12:50 PM
The pistons will win because the spuus has no fucking BALLS!!!!!!!!!

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:02 PM
I thought this was going to be a good thread with legitimate reasons why the Pistons will win. I was thinking of turning the responses into a Fan's Opinion article for WOAI. Can any Pistons fans bring a real take?

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 02:08 PM
No team had won three road games in the 2-3-2 Finals format until the 1990 Pistons did it against Portland. And by the way the Pistons had lost 17 straight times in the Rose City.

Last year the Pistons became the first team to win all three home games in the 2-3-2 format against the Lakers.

This year they became the first road team trailing 3-2 in the 2-3-2 to win game 6. The Pistons had lost 10 in a row in San Antonio before breaking through.

In the last two years the Pistons have played in 8 playoff series.
They either began or lost home court edge in 7 of them. They've won all the series with a chance to win the seventh.

They have trailed after game 3 or beyond in five of the eight series, yet they could repeat as champions.

texbumTHElife
06-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Better execution. Better coaching. Better mental approach.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-22-2005, 02:15 PM
They are mentally tougher than the Spurs. With these teams so close, that will be the deciding factor. They know how to win these games and have proven it over and over again...

combs84
06-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Because Billups can get his team involved and make big game shots, and Parker simply can't. Its been the story all series long, as I predicted at the start. That and Tim Duncan not being the superstar we all thought he was.

Also look at our record in elimination games the past 2 years, when we need a W, we get a W, no other way to put it.

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Spurs never lead in 4th quarter...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=250621024&period=4

:oops My bad. Damn. The Spurs really did stink it up last night.

Keep spouting those stats, Piston Fans. Spurs were saying the same shit about Spurs in Game 6's, and look where it go us...

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-22-2005, 02:23 PM
:oops My bad. Damn. The Spurs really did stink it up last night.

Keep spouting those stats, Piston Fans. Spurs were saying the same shit about Spurs in Game 6's, and look where it go us...

To be fair, many were posting those stats before G6...

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Pistons live for moments like this. They thrive on adversity almost as much as the Spurs shy away from it. This stage was built for them. It's Game 7 of the NBA finals, their defending championship trophy is on the line, they face the greatest adversity in being the first team ever to win 2 games on the road in the Finals, and to some degree are still considered the underdogs. Most teams in the NBA are driven by their competitiveness and leaders. Pistons are driven unconventionally by their hunger to prove everyone wrong and work with all odds stacked against them. The stage is set for a classic Pistons game.

As a Spurs fan, this does not mean I don't have faith in my team or even that I don't think they'll win. Spurs also have a lot of things going for them. Like most teams, they are driven by their competitiveness and their leader. Losing Game 6 and letting it slip by them should have been a wake up call for the Spurs that these Pistons aren't just going to roll over. Despite having only lost 5 games at home previously, HC advantage does not matter anymore. It's do or die. After watching the Spurs for 82+ games, I have seen them play against odds and come back from behind. 2 double OT wins back to back without Tim Duncan, a come from behind OT win against the hottest team in the NBA, winning 3 road games in the WCF against the team with the best record in the NBA--all of these show the Spurs resilancy. The second thing they are driven by--their leader. And this is where I think Spurs may have a problem. These last 3 or 4 games, their leader Tim Duncan has been a shadow of himself and what he has been in the past. I don't doubt that he has the ability to put up 30+ points and 12+ rebounds, the question is "Is he mentally tough enough to handle the challenge?" As the leader Tim Duncan must lead by example and set the tone for the Spurs. If he can do this, Spurs may have a chance.

These two teams are so equally balanced, that Game 7 could go either way. The one way these teams differ is that one's weakness is the other's strength. Spurs lack somewhat of a killer instinct and Pistons often let their strength--their emotions, get in their way. One thing we do know is that the best team will definitely prevail.

:)

geerussell
06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
I thought this was going to be a good thread with legitimate reasons why the Pistons will win. I was thinking of turning the responses into a Fan's Opinion article for WOAI. Can any Pistons fans bring a real take?

Already did. :spin

wsdp
06-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Pistons live for moments like this. They thrive on adversity almost as much as the Spurs shy away from it. This stage was built for them. It's Game 7 of the NBA finals, their defending championship trophy is on the line, they face the greatest adversity in being the first team ever to win 2 games on the road in the Finals, and to some degree are still considered the underdogs. Most teams in the NBA are driven by their competitiveness and leaders. Pistons are driven unconventionally by their hunger to prove everyone wrong and work with all odds stacked against them. The stage is set for a classic Pistons game.

As a Spurs fan, this does not mean I don't have faith in my team or even that I don't think they'll win. Spurs also have a lot of things going for them. Like most teams, they are driven by their competitiveness and their leader. Losing Game 6 and letting it slip by them should have been a wake up call for the Spurs that these Pistons aren't just going to roll over. Despite having only lost 5 games at home previously, HC advantage does not matter anymore. It's do or die. After watching the Spurs for 82+ games, I have seen them play against odds and come back from behind. 2 double OT wins back to back without Tim Duncan, a come from behind OT win against the hottest team in the NBA, winning 3 road games in the WCF against the team with the best record in the NBA--all of these show the Spurs resilancy. The second thing they are driven by--their leader. And this is where I think Spurs may have a problem. These last 3 or 4 games, their leader Tim Duncan has been a shadow of himself and what he has been in the past. I don't doubt that he has the ability to put up 30+ points and 12+ rebounds, the question is "Is he mentally tough enough to handle the challenge?" As the leader Tim Duncan must lead by example and set the tone for the Spurs. If he can do this, Spurs may have a chance.

These two teams are so equally balanced, that Game 7 could go either way. The one way these teams differ is that one's weakness is the other's strength. Spurs lack somewhat of a killer instinct and Pistons often let their strength--their emotions, get in their way. One thing we do know is that the best team will definitely prevail.

:)

Kori, I'll forego my sincere, well thought out - non-trash talked post and let 1parker1 take my spot as that's very well thought out... only thing I add is you can't feasibly give MVP to Duncan - If Spurs win, give it to Horry as Spurs never get past game 6 w/o his superhuman 4th quarter/OT performance in game 5 - otherwise Billups for Pistons who was lights out in Game 6.

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 02:41 PM
LOL. I've always wanted to tell people I'm a pubished writer...plus I am bored at work :)

NoMoneyDown
06-22-2005, 02:45 PM
only thing I add is you can't feasibly give MVP to Duncan - If Spurs win, give it to Horry as Spurs never get past game 6 w/o his superhuman 4th quarter/OT performance in game 5 - otherwise Billups for Pistons who was lights out in Game 6.

I know Tim has not been his super-self, but he has definately been the better out of the whole crew. It's takes like what you say about Horry that fathom me, but I can understand it. What people fail to realize, though, is that IF Duncan were not in any of these games, Horry's heroics in Game #6 would never have had come to fruition - because there would not have been a game 6 (or game 5 for that matter). It's one of those "you never know how productive someone is until they're gone" type of things.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-22-2005, 02:53 PM
1. Experiance. They've been in situations similar to this before and know what it takes to win.

2. They love the pressure. The Pistons thrive under pressure, Chauncey Billups especially. The guy always plays his best ball when his team needs him most. Rasheed Wallace seems to step up in big games as well, and is excellent down the stretch. (unless it is the final shot, he always chokes then)

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Kori, I'll forego my sincere, well thought out - non-trash talked post and let 1parker1 take my spot as that's very well thought out... only thing I add is you can't feasibly give MVP to Duncan - If Spurs win, give it to Horry as Spurs never get past game 6 w/o his superhuman 4th quarter/OT performance in game 5 - otherwise Billups for Pistons who was lights out in Game 6.

Props to wspd and 1parker1. Good to see thoughtful, not trash-talk posts.

But wspd, you can't give the MVP to Horry for one game, especially with those air-threes last game :rolleyes

No, I would give the MVP to Billups win or lose. This was posted on another thread, but it's a good suggestion. Billups has been the best player on the court, period. Unless Manu or Tim just flat-out win the game for the Spurs tomorrow, Billups deserves the MVP even if the Spurs somehow win.

wsdp
06-22-2005, 03:31 PM
I know Tim has not been his super-self, but he has definately been the better out of the whole crew. It's takes like what you say about Horry that fathom me, but I can understand it. What people fail to realize, though, is that IF Duncan were not in any of these games, Horry's heroics in Game #6 would never have had come to fruition - because there would not have been a game 6 (or game 5 for that matter). It's one of those "you never know how productive someone is until they're gone" type of things.

It's a double-edged sword - yes, they're not where they are without him, but if he was as efficient as he has been all season (and the 4th Quarter of these last 4 games has shown me otherwise), San Antonion would have won this by now.

Shaq gave Pistons ALL they could freaking handle from a frontline position - Tim's VANISHED in 4Q (other than his drive on Rasheed last night) over the last 4-games.

In my humble (and not defining) opinion, the MVP has to be there in crunch time which would lend credence to the Billups theory regardless of who wins... but I still give nudge to Horry as he's been a model of consistency (minus a couple misses in 4Q of Game 6) should the Spurs win game 7.

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
That's crazy. I'd pick Bowen over Horry if anything. However, all this is a moot point. WTF cares? As long as Spurs win the championship, I could care less if Tony Massenburg won the award.

DDS4
06-22-2005, 03:47 PM
1. Experiance. They've been in situations similar to this before and know what it takes to win.

2. They love the pressure. The Pistons thrive under pressure, Chauncey Billups especially. The guy always plays his best ball when his team needs him most. Rasheed Wallace seems to step up in big games as well, and is excellent down the stretch. (unless it is the final shot, he always chokes then)

Both teams have battle-tested playoff experience. I don't think Detroit has an overwhelming edge other than playing a couple of game 7's, beating the 2003 Nets and 2004 Heat.

Chauncey is the one guy on the Pistons that I fear. He always comes up clutch when needed. We need to put Bowen on him as much as we can to take him out of his shooting rhythm.

geerussell
06-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Both teams have battle-tested playoff experience. I don't think Detroit has an overwhelming edge other than playing a couple of game 7's, beating the 2003 Nets and 2004 Heat.

Um, a couple of game 7s is an overwhelming edge in this situation.

wsdp
06-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Chauncey is the one guy on the Pistons that I fear. He always comes up clutch when needed. We need to put Bowen on him as much as we can to take him out of his shooting rhythm.

And if you do, Rip runs wild... another double edged sword... I'm not saying this to be trash talky, but your thoughts are exactly the reason why I feel confident going into game 7... but also - help me realize how special of an era of Pistons basketball (for Pistons fans) this is.... To have 2 guys who are as golden as they come in terms of consistency...

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Um, a couple of game 7s is an overwhelming edge in this situation.

Here's the thing: The Spurs are known (erroneously) as being Chokers.

The Pistons are known as game 7 closers. Put this together, and you can see why Piston fans are confident.

tha lil PRINCEcess
06-22-2005, 04:28 PM
This is it now
Everybody get down
This is all I can take
This is how a heart breaks
You take a hit now, you feel it break down
Make you stay wide awake
This is how a heart breaks

:fro :fro :fro :fro :fro

cherylsteele
06-22-2005, 05:33 PM
This year they became the first road team trailing 3-2 in the 2-3-2 to win game 6. The Pistons had lost 10 in a row in San Antonio before breaking through.

I also remember hearing how the Spurs hadn't won in Detroit for a at least a couple of years as well....so the law of averages caught up with the Spurs as well.....they were bound to lose eventually at home to the Pistons,,,,it just happened to be at an inopportune time.

I think game 7 will be one for the ages.....and the Spurs win in OT.

This series has been somewhat strange with blowouts through game 4.
Games 5 & 6 have been the types of games I was expecting the whole series....close going either way......I expect the same in Game 7.

Spurs 99
Pistons 95

bdubya
06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Pistons will win because the alternative is admitting that they shouldn't have been "playing with the on/off switch" all last fall.

jochhejaam
06-22-2005, 07:16 PM

We can and we will!

The Pistons will win because to a player, with the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts, they are confident that they will win. I don't believe this translates into cockiness but confidence, believing strongly in your teammates and your coach! Faith in oneself and each other with the substance of things hope for, the evidence of things unseen!

The confidence and surety exhibited by Rip when he says he gets the looks he wants on defensive specialist Bowen, rising to the challenge confident everytime he goes up that his shot can overcome Bowens defense.

The confidence you see in Billups after getting T'd from an official and hellbent on channeling the ensuing adrenaline into constructive energy by coming down and hitting a 27 footer. His confidence evident at the end of games when shooting critical free-throws and giving his teammates directions from the line between free-throws. A masterful floor general, ordering and commandeering his teammates with the efficiency and skill of one composing an orchestra. One who has tasted defeat and views it as anathema

The confidence and determination seen in Ben when he bodies up perrenial all-star Duncan in the paint with every fiber of his being, every ounce of strength in his body, all of his animalistic reflexes coiled and unleashed with a focus and fury reserved for only the most critical moments of ones life, parlayed simultaneously as he's determined to swat away a dribble or take him out of his comfort zone. Going up for yet another critical rebound or ramming through another thunder dunk with a ferocity that reverberates through the senses of all fans courageous enough to watch as he thunders home a message without uttering a word, "WE WILL NOT LOSE"!!

The defiant and untethered confidence of Rasheed in himself and his teammates, guaranteeing victories, unwilling to be broken by officials calls or fazed by the taunting of fans. Making and admitting to a huge mistake in game 5 only to come back with an over-the-top performance in game 6. The biggest fan of us all, always encouraging and cheering and believing that the mission started in November will materialize in June!

The unassuming Prince!!! The best sixth man Mcdyess!! The defense of Hunter!! The coaching of Brown!!

ENERGY!!
CONFIDENCE!!
EXPERIENCE!!
DESIRE!!
THAT'S DEEEETROIT BAAAASKETBAAAAAAALL!!

Don Quixote
06-22-2005, 11:43 PM
I'll have to concur with the prevailing sentiment.

I'm a long-time Spurs fan, grew up in San Antonio, will root for them until I die or they leave for Albuquerque. But I don't think they'll win tomorrow. I see the Pistons taking Game 7 rather easily.

I've summer up my reasons nicely in the Game 7 thread. A quick synopsis: Detroit's starters are better than our starters at all positions except at SF (Manu is about even with Prince) and PF (and Duncan v. Rasheed is very close), and their bench is better too. McDyess would START for San Antonio, and Hunter is better than anyone on our bench except Horry.

And moreover, they play better under pressure than we do. Duncan, a near-great player and a perennial All-Star (but not a superstar, and not even close to being the greatest PF of all time -- what is ESPN smoking?) chokes in big moments, whereas the Pistons stars all come up huge when in matters. And that's what it'll come down to.

I'm looking for a loss similar to the ones L.A. put on us in 2001. Say, 95-80 Detroit.

milkyway21
06-23-2005, 02:15 AM
if the Manu WILL THINK MORE OF winning what's on DUNCAN'S HAND(MVP),

than winning on WHAT WAS ON DAVID'S HAND...
THEN, WE WILL LOSE GAME 7.
http://mikami.image.pbase.com/u30/trrsranch/small/18533425.jpg

>no team ball/ball rotation = go fishing.

AFE7FATMAN
06-23-2005, 03:05 AM
They don't have Tim DU can

Horry For 3!
06-23-2005, 03:14 AM
No team had won three road games in the 2-3-2 Finals format until the 1990 Pistons did it against Portland. And by the way the Pistons had lost 17 straight times in the Rose City.

Last year the Pistons became the first team to win all three home games in the 2-3-2 format against the Lakers.

In the last two years the Pistons have played in 8 playoff series.
They either began or lost home court edge in 7 of them. They've won all the series with a chance to win the seventh.

They have trailed after game 3 or beyond in five of the eight series, yet they could repeat as champions.
And?

All that means is shit. All the history stats and such means nothing on this game. Whoever comes out and executes and makes the big plays when needed WINS the game. None of that history shit matters.

Deeeeeetroit Basketball!
06-23-2005, 03:49 AM

My "real" take:

In all reality, this series should be done right now. It took a superhuman effort (21 points in last quarter + OT) from a role player in order for the Spurs to squeak out a win in Game 5. Besides that, they simply haven't been able to hang with Detroit since Game 2. SA's big three has a bad habit of faltering in the clutch. They do not have a player who will step up and take the series. If you're counting on Robert Horry to go unconscious again and win Game 7 for you guys, then I like our chances. And while our players are not superstars, each of them has shown the ability to perform at a higher level in pressure situations. It is no coincidence that we have an excellent record in games we have to win.

Basically, for the Spurs to win the teams have to return to their Game 1/2 form. As far as I'm concerned, Horry's performance in Game 5 was a freakish fluke, and we win that game 9 of 10 when put in a similar situation. And I don't think that this one will be a Spurs blowout. I see the game being close until the 4th and the Pistons pulling away to win by 10 or so in the last quarter.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2005, 07:38 AM
only chance pistons winnin this game is "IF" parker doesnt show up to the game like always

NoMoneyDown
06-23-2005, 08:41 AM
In all reality, this series should be done right now. It took a superhuman effort (21 points in last quarter + OT) from a role player in order for the Spurs to squeak out a win in Game 5. Besides that, they simply haven't been able to hang with Detroit since Game 2. SA's big three has a bad habit of faltering in the clutch. They do not have a player who will step up and take the series. If you're counting on Robert Horry to go unconscious again and win Game 7 for you guys, then I like our chances. And while our players are not superstars, each of them has shown the ability to perform at a higher level in pressure situations. It is no coincidence that we have an excellent record in games we have to win.

Yeah, and Leslie Hunter didn't play well above his average offensively, either, in Game #4.

Hunter -
PPG (not counting G4): 3.6
Points in Game #4: 17

Horry -
PPG (no counting G6): 7.6
Points in Game #6: 21

Hunter differential -> 17 - 3.6 = 13.4
Horry differential -> 21 - 7.6 = 13.4

HULKAROCK
06-23-2005, 08:49 AM
# 1 reason- THEY ARE THE CHAMPS!