PDA

View Full Version : what a series

DEFENDING CHAMPION
06-22-2005, 11:32 AM
I predict that game 7 will be won by Detroit.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
06-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Why dumbass, that take is weak.

Spurs always make it more difficult than need be. Bring your sorry ass back in here with all the other trolls when it is said in done. When Det losses a game you dumbasses are nowhere to be found. When yall win a game its like all of yall are standing in line for free cheese.

Then we get this brilliant gem. Gimme a break chump and grow a pair.

Explain why Detroit will win game seven or get the hell out of here. Your dumbass doesnt even deserve a response you should just crawl under a rock for the rest of you life with your weak shit. Go on now scroto.

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Spurs always make it more difficult than need be.

That is Detroit's motto.

DEFENDING CHAMPION
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
You want me to explain why Detroit will win and San Antonio will lose? Because the best team wins.

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 11:48 AM
You want me to explain why Detroit will win and San Antonio will lose? Because the best team wins.

thanks for clearing that up for us :rolleyes

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 11:52 AM
WOW. What a great thread.....

manubili
06-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Can anybody still think that these series are predictable????

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 11:53 AM
I really don't think so.

DEFENDING CHAMPION
06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
I just have faith in my team, this really is a hell of a series

spur219
06-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Spurs in 7.

Alchal
06-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Pistons in 7.

modeleste
06-22-2005, 12:12 PM

Explain why Detroit will win game seven or get the hell out of here. Your dumbass doesnt even deserve a response you should just crawl under a rock for the rest of you life with your weak shit. Go on now scroto.

OK I'll take a try.

First I think it is a hell of a series and I like both teams, but I do give the edge to Detroit. The reason is that while the Spurs are the most consistant team, and thus appear much better in the statistics, I've seen the Pistons reach the greater heights-- play the most unbelieveably perfect basketball--
such as in the first quarter of game 1 etc. And I think both teams will play their best in a game 7. It also has seemed to me that the Piston's wins have been more dominant than the Spurs. So if both teams bring their very best, which I think is likely in a game 7, I give an edge to the Pistons.

Wild card: Sheed and the refs. I don't believe that the refs are corrupt but I do think some refs have a problem with Sheed's exuberant personality-- feel it threatens their status and control of the game and so feel justified in calling more hashly against him. I don't think it is right but I suspect that the refs in question sincerely do.

samikeyp
06-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I just have faith in my team, this really is a hell of a series

and I have faith in mine....despite their efforts to the contrary! :)

TheSuaveOne
06-22-2005, 12:35 PM

*laughs* Hey clone, shouldn't you be busy listening to Rome...la

Spartanacus
06-22-2005, 12:42 PM
If Detroit gets up early, it could be a very long and depressing night for the Spurs and their fans. Detroit has nothing to lose (besides the title of course :rolleyes )...but really, the pressure is on SA and you better hope your team comes out on fire and gets up on Detroit by double digits in the first quarter...because if not, Sheed and the Pistons WILL retain their belts.

Pistons 96 - Spurs 90 (OT)

ginobme
06-22-2005, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=Spartanacus]If Detroit gets up early, it could be a very long and depressing night for the Spurs and their fans.

I agree, the first quarter needs to be a statement for either team. If the spurs can come out and have a lead (6-9 pts) then we're in good position, but if detroit can play the 1st quarter like they did last night, we're in trouble.
GO Spurs GO

kskonn
06-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Modeleste thanks for the good Take.

I have to diasagree with you on one thing, I think the spurs have a higher ceiling than the pistons. here is why.

Duncan has yet to have a breakout game, if duncan does then that will change everything for the Pistons, it will open up a lot more opportunities for the other players. If pop makes the adjustment to put Bowen on billups(i.e. make the other players beat you) that could(I am not saying will, but could) disrupt the offense for detroit. I also feel that the spurs offense is more explosive than detroits when it is at its best.

Me i am picking the spurs, because I have faith in them.

But The only thing I know for sure is that I will be at the game and it is going to be awesome.

Marklar MM
06-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Modeleste thanks for the good Take.

I have to diasagree with you on one thing, I think the spurs have a higher ceiling than the pistons. here is why.

Duncan has yet to have a breakout game, if duncan does then that will change everything for the Pistons, it will open up a lot more opportunities for the other players. If pop makes the adjustment to put Bowen on billups(i.e. make the other players beat you) that could(I am not saying will, but could) disrupt the offense for detroit. I also feel that the spurs offense is more explosive than detroits when it is at its best.

Me i am picking the spurs, because I have faith in them.

But The only thing I know for sure is that I will be at the game and it is going to be awesome.

Great. What happens if Tayshaun joins the party and has a great game? What if Sheed is not in foul trouble?

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Flip a coin. You'll have better luck picking the winner that way...

wsdp
06-22-2005, 01:26 PM
*laughs* Hey clone, shouldn't you be busy listening to Rome...la

L.M.A.O. ... welcome Suave ....

-881.1130 @ indystar.com

theMUHMEshow
06-22-2005, 02:04 PM

lol :spin I agree :drunk

kskonn
06-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Great. What happens if Tayshaun joins the party and has a great game? What if Sheed is not in foul trouble?

You guys would probably win. That is why i put could and not will on all of my predictions. But that goes both ways, if ginobli comes out and goes for 40 then we probably win.

But I know Billups will exploit his matchup with parker, but I don't Know[I] that rip or taysaun would do the same. They might but I don't know, I would rather have them beat us rather than chauncey, a chauncey goes the pistons go.

modeleste
06-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Sheed and Duncan are almost the personalities of the two teams. Amazingly steady vs. incandecent under pressure. (and both, despite the press exceptionally sweet, funny guys-- neither boring nor insane)

I'd hire the first for almost any job but lean toward the latter in a game 7, at least if he stays in the game

It is true that Tim hasn't had a breakout game yet but few great power forwards ever have against Sheed when it counted.

ANYWAY IT SHOULD BE MAJOR FUN>

NZHayden
06-22-2005, 05:55 PM
spurs will win

JamStone
06-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Pistons in 3.

DETROITpistons
06-22-2005, 06:46 PM
My prediction--Pistons will win game 7.

modeleste
06-22-2005, 08:02 PM
pointy things, oh my >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

wtf?

TheDebonairOne
06-22-2005, 08:22 PM
it could go either way, NOT * smirks *, pistons repeat, you can take it to the bank. fa...

modeleste
06-22-2005, 11:08 PM
oh no, oh no...
pistins represented by a guy with severe lip and jaw fungus. All is over,
Spurs win

TheDebonairOne
06-23-2005, 03:17 AM
oh no, oh no...
pistins represented by a guy with severe lip and jaw fungus. All is over,
Spurs win

i'm not sure who you are referring to, * shrugs shoulders *, but i'm here to tell you, pistons will win. i guaransheed it * chuckles *, fa...

Horry For 3!
06-23-2005, 03:31 AM
If Detroit gets up early, it could be a very long and depressing night for the Spurs and their fans. Detroit has nothing to lose (besides the title of course )...but really, the pressure is on SA and you better hope your team comes out on fire and gets up on Detroit by double digits in the first quarter...because if not, Sheed and the Pistons WILL retain their belts.

How is the pressure on the Spurs? Pistons are the defending champions. Why is everyone saying the Pistons are the underdogs if they're the defending champions?!?! The pressure is equal for both teams. Win or no title. Both teams have to come out and play hard, the team who executes when needed and makes the big shots wins.

TheDebonairOne
06-23-2005, 03:37 AM
How is the pressure on the Spurs? Pistons are the defending champions. Why is everyone saying the Pistons are the underdogs if they're the defending champions?!?! The pressure is equal for both teams. Win or no title. Both teams have to come out and play hard, the team who executes when needed and makes the big shots wins.

spurs have home court. if spurs lose, they will have lost 4 out of last 5. pressure definitely on the spurs, * smiles *, fa...

Horry For 3!
06-23-2005, 03:46 AM
All in all basically it means shit. Whoever plays the best tonight and makes the big shots = 2004-2005 NBA Champions

TheDebonairOne
06-23-2005, 04:23 AM
All in all basically it means shit. Whoever plays the best tonight and makes the big shots = 2004-2005 NBA Champions

i can't argue with that, fa...

Duncanoypi
06-23-2005, 05:59 AM
God please help my team...Please help the spurs win...!