PDA

View Full Version : Official Dallas Mavericks 2012 Offseason Thread

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 01:38 PM
If the mavs sign Nash and Ray Allen, I will boycott this team for an entire season. Where the fuck do we go from here?

MavDynasty
05-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Sign garnett, Nash, Allen, and get a athletic young nigga to backup dirk with the 17th pick

We stacked :cry

MavDynasty
05-06-2012, 01:48 PM
First gotta amnesty contract whore

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 01:53 PM
the only way that even maybe works is if we get deron instead of nash

deron/allen/marion/dirk/kg MIGHT be able to contend

MavDynasty
05-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I think Hibbert and camby are free agents too. Mayo too but I doubt Grizz let him walk

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 01:56 PM
they should seriously go after deron and hibbert

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 01:59 PM
fuck the dwight howard pipe dream, sign hibbert, mayo, and deron

MavDynasty
05-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Deron or bust.

pass1st
05-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Y'all just need D-Will and Dwight is going to sign with anybody who gets D-Will, he will refuse to sign with anybody else. Magic don't want to let D12 walk with nothing in return, only teams that will sign him are teams that he wants to sign with.

Proxy
05-06-2012, 02:23 PM
the only way that even maybe works is if we get deron instead of nash

deron/allen/marion/dirk/kg MIGHT be able to contend

This team would contend in all hypothetical seriousness.

If Dallas gets Dwight somehow, he and Dirk would scare the shit out of me.

jeebus
05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
This team would contend in all hypothetical seriousness.

If Dallas gets Dwight somehow, he and Dirk would scare the shit out of me.

Dirk would turn into Matt Bonner..

Latarian Milton
05-06-2012, 07:22 PM
signing DH would bring a big boost to the market, DH's market value is high as FUCK but i don't think there is THAT much difference between him & hibbert in terms of the game itself. hibbert can defend & rebound and although he's not athletic as DH, his length will make up for it. DH is the better player overall but hibbert plays more similarly to TC and perhaps would be a better fit for them mavs accordingly. DH would still be their plan A but if he isn't available this summer, that nigga hibbert wouldn't be a bad backup plan tbh (not like eric gordon)

silverblk mystix
05-06-2012, 07:24 PM
What is the best bait?
Best Sunscreen?
Best fishing gear?

:lmao

Stalin
05-06-2012, 07:39 PM
judging by that first round sweep, at the hands of scros that still have to deal with pimples, mavs need some "vets" to provide that playoffs experience, tbh

Reck
05-06-2012, 07:42 PM
This team is already ancient. Why would they want to get players in their tail end of their careers? Oh wait..Cuban doesn't like giving players a multi year deal. :lmao

Riddler
05-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Y'all just need D-Will and Dwight is going to sign with anybody who gets D-Will, he will refuse to sign with anybody else. Magic don't want to let D12 walk with nothing in return, only teams that will sign him are teams that he wants to sign with.

Dallas doesn't have anything to offer Orlando.

hehateme
05-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Whats the probability of out-bidding the bulls for restricted free agent Taj Gibson and turning him into a starting SF(even though he's a PF)?

Edit: sorry meant for 2013 season...this would dissuade re-signing Marion though as that man makes me cringe when he shoots and his defense is same or even under-par to Gibson.

Stalin
05-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Why would hibbert leave that up and coming young nucleus in indiana to play for less money on an all TOSB team in dalllas? On the other hand, camby would be a perfect fit, tbh.

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 08:06 PM
mavs gonna be young as FUCK once we get dwill and howard NIGGA

pass1st
05-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Dallas doesn't have anything to offer Orlando.

Orlando will have to try and sell a rental then :lol

Riddler
05-06-2012, 08:10 PM
mavs gonna be young as FUCK once we get dwill and howard NIGGA

More quitters Dirk would have to carry.

Riddler
05-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Orlando will have to try and sell a rental then :lol

There will be multiple suitors for Dwight knowing he will be a rental, just like at the deadline. Its not Orlando's problem, it's the team that gets Dwight that will have to convince him to sign.

pass1st
05-06-2012, 08:29 PM
There will be multiple suitors for Dwight knowing he will be a rental, just like at the deadline. Its not Orlando's problem, it's the team that gets Dwight that will have to convince him to sign.

Only teams that will want Dwight as a rental are ones that are making title runs and have a weakness at the center position. Heat are likely the #1 team that falls in that category, OKC maybe if Perkins isn't good for the rest of this post-season.

Nets would only make a play for Dwight if they see a possibility in keeping him. They MIGHT roll the dice and trade off picks + Lopez.

Dallas might not have much to offer, but if they get D-will it's a matter of sooner or later for D12.

DAF86
05-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Why the fuck are you so high on Deron fucking Williams? He's not the type of player that would get the Mavs over the hump.

I think it's pretty well established that what the Mavs need is an imposing presence inside to cover Nowitzki.

Going back to Williams I'd rather have Nash for half the price.

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 08:48 PM
^because we really need to get older and downgrade on defense :rolleyes

hope to see them go after williams and gordon, and maybe garnett. batum is out there too. lots of money, don't waste it hoping for dwight if you can get any combination of those guys for cheap

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:02 PM
or try to prolong the agony if you can get nash/allen/garnett to all sign 1 year deals and still go after dwight if you can (not gonna happen but hey)

DAF86
05-06-2012, 09:09 PM
You don't get older by swaping Nash for Kidd. And what you do in the PG position won't affect much Dallas' defense. The bigman is what is going to decide that.

Koolaid_Man
05-06-2012, 09:11 PM
If the mavs sign Nash and Ray Allen, I will boycott this team for an entire season. Where the fuck do we go from here?

If the Jazz pulls their head out of their ass it looks as if the Mavs will be the only team swept this year...

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:14 PM
i really don't want to see nash on the mavs UNLESS he comes with the addition of 2 solid defenders in garnett and allen

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 09:18 PM
You don't get older by swaping Nash for Kidd. And what you do in the PG position won't affect much Dallas' defense. The bigman is what is going to decide that.
:lol Steve Nash has had a cancerous effect on his team's defense as long as he's been in the NBA. Swapping Kidd for Nash would certainly have a negative effect on Dallas defensively. Kidd still has size and at least tries on defense. Nash wouldn't try and wouldn't listen if Carlisle told him to actually care about defense.

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 09:20 PM
You obviously don't watch the mavs. Kidd was somehow still a decent defender, miles ahead of Nash. Of course u lose defense with Nash on the floor. It's why we went To the finals as soon as he left.
he also doesn't watch Steve Nash :lol

Ten years from now when Jason Kidd is almost 50, he'd still be good enough on defense to prevent Steve Blake from having the 20 point 10 assist game Nash has given up to Blake twice :lol

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:22 PM
wait he's the manu>dirk guy right?

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Well he was, but for awhile now he's been insistent on the notion it was just trolling all along

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:25 PM
:lmao wow i'm not even gonna attempt to argue. carry on. yeah sign nash!!

DAF86
05-06-2012, 09:25 PM
:lol Steve Nash has had a cancerous effect on his team's defense as long as he's been in the NBA. Swapping Kidd for Nash would certainly have a negative effect on Dallas defensively. Kidd still has size and at least tries on defense. Nash wouldn't try and wouldn't listen if Carlisle told him to actually care about defense.

If he doesn't care about defense where do all those offensive fouls he draws come from? He cares about defense as much as Nowitzki does. Yeah, he's a below average defender but he can be covered, just like Dirk. The zone Carlisle use could help him a lot. Besides it's not like Kidd was making such a difference on defense end either.

DAF86
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Well he was, but for awhile now he's been insistent on the notion it was just trolling all along

Not true, tbh.

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Besides it's not like Kidd was making such a difference on defense end either.

he was though. he has quick hands and averaged 3 steals a game against okc. he was playing decent team defense, he just can't lock down an elite scorer anymore.

DAF86
05-06-2012, 09:28 PM
wait he's the manu>dirk guy right?

No, I'm the guy that knew that Chandler was going to be a much better option for the Mavs than Al Jefferson.

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
^wrong about jason kidd though

DAF86
05-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Besides, I'm not saying the Mavs should sign Nash, I'm saying that I would rather have Nash over Williams at half the price.

DAF86
05-06-2012, 09:30 PM
^wrong about jason kidd though

What did I say about Kidd?

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:32 PM
that he wasn't a solid defender and that replacing him with nash wouldn't have an effect. he averaged 3 steals per against okc he's still all over the place at times. good team defender. last year his defense was the most underrated part of our championship. he locked up kobe and durant at times as well as wade at times.

DAF86
05-06-2012, 09:33 PM
that he wasn't a solid defender and that replacing him with nash wouldn't have an effect. he averaged 3 steals per against okc he's still all over the place at times. good team defender. last year his defense was the most underrated part of our championship. he locked up kobe and durant at times as well as wade at times.

When did I say that? I said that Kidd wasn't a difference maker on defense, which he clearly isn't.

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:43 PM
umm replacing him (a good defender) with nash (the worst defender in the league) would definitely "make a difference"

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM
If he doesn't care about defense where do all those offensive fouls he draws come from? He cares about defense as much as Nowitzki does. Yeah, he's a below average defender but he can be covered, just like Dirk. The zone Carlisle use could help him a lot. Besides it's not like Kidd was making such a difference on defense end either.
:lmao he averages less than one charge per game, idk how many retarded Nashfans I know who have used that argument. What do you have to say about the other 90+ possessions every game where Nash isn't drawing charges?

And no, Nash can't be covered, this is a distinction people fail to make. Nash freelances on D and doesn't listen to his coaches, he tries to play free safety and his teammates never have any idea where he's gonna be/what he's gonna do. That's the difference between him and other players. It's not about the fact he's not naturally gifted, it's about the fact he's undisciplined and gambles non stop trying to create a turnover leading to a fast break. For every charge he successfully draws, he gives up several easy buckets because he's trying to draw a charge rather than actually covering his assignment.

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 09:49 PM
When did I say that? I said that Kidd wasn't a difference maker on defense, which he clearly isn't.
Kidd isn't a positive or negative factor on D while Nash is an extremely negative factor on D. He's never been willing to play within a system defensively or to play disciplined. The one time a coach demanded he do that, he got the coach fired.

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 09:50 PM
^disagreed. kidd is still a positive factor on D he's a smart defender and usually has good positioning and can still play the passing lanes. crafty and will get clutch blocks/strips especially in crunch time.

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
^disagreed. kidd is still a positive factor on D he's a smart defender and usually has good positioning and can still play the passing lanes. crafty and will get clutch blocks/strips especially in crunch time.
I was simply agreeing with DAF for the sake of argument. Even if Kidd was a non-factor defensively, a non-factor is better than a negative factor.

But yeah I'd love to see Nash step up and guard Kobe (:lmao Nash guarding Kobe) during crucial moments of a playoff series against LA.

DAF86
05-06-2012, 09:52 PM
umm replacing him (a good defender) with nash (the worst defender in the league) would definitely "make a difference"

Now you're just grasping at straws. Nash isn't the worst defender on the league. And the improvements he would bring on offense over Kidd would clearly offset the defensive decline.

It's simple, what team do you think would be better?

Kidd-defensive wing-Marion-Nowitzki-defensive center

or

Nash-defensive wing-Marion-Nowitzki-defensive center?

Or to don't go overboard with the assumptions:

Kidd-West-Marion-Nowitzki-Haywood

or

Nash-West-Marion-Nowitzki-Haywood?

Goran Dragic
05-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Maybe Nash isn't THE worst defender in the league, but he's certainly up there. The Steve Blake conundrum basically makes it impossible to defend Nash's effort on that end of the court. Steve Blake is every bit as undersized and unathletic as Nash is, yet he's torched Nash TWICE for the only 20 point 10 assist games of his career. That's not due to Nash's physical limitations, that's due to Nash's habit of leaving his man open while he's trying to play free safety.

I'm still waiting to hear about Nash's defensive contributions on possessions when he doesn't draw a charge (so basically 99% of his defensive possessions).

ElNono
05-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Nash is a terrible defender when he's not flopping... basically 99% of the time

mavs>spurs
05-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Now you're just grasping at straws. Nash isn't the worst defender on the league. And the improvements he would bring on offense over Kidd would clearly offset the defensive decline.

It's simple, what team do you think would be better?

Kidd-defensive wing-Marion-Nowitzki-defensive center

or

Nash-defensive wing-Marion-Nowitzki-defensive center?

Or to don't go overboard with the assumptions:

Kidd-West-Marion-Nowitzki-Haywood

or

Nash-West-Marion-Nowitzki-Haywood?

huh? who's a worse defender than nash?

and yeah you have nash/defensive wing/ in your hypothetical lineup. i just said that the only way i'd want nash is with the addition of ray allen (still a solid defender) and garnett (solid defender)

nash reallyyyyy has to be hidden on defense that's why we could never get very far with both he and nowitzki on the court at the same time. it'll be even harder now that they're both old, i think the only way is if the other 3 guys happen to be defensive studs. that's how basketball works. it's why tyson was so good next to dirk, he hid dirk's weakness (interior defense)

Latarian Milton
05-06-2012, 11:02 PM
TOSB duncan is a FA too but we know he ain't signing with no other team except the spurs, once the spurs think he's too old and refuse to offer him a new contract he's gonna retire then

ducks
05-06-2012, 11:11 PM
if spurs do not sign d williams or can get d howard they should trade dirk and just start over
what does dirk have 2 years left at his current level?
dallas needs to get young like spurs did this offseason

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I'd roll with a D-Will/ Cj Miles backcourt for the future. It's pretty exciting tbh.... you know this team is going to clean house and welcome in a new era of Dallas Mavericks to take us into the future. Can't wait

MavDynasty
05-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Sup lil nigga

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Sup lil nigga

Sup big homie. Still pimpin ho's and whooping tysons fake blood azz daily?