PDA

View Full Version : Who do you have more hate for?

SpurinDallas
05-07-2012, 09:10 AM
The Jazz of the 90's or the Mavs now?

I always thought I could not hate any team more than the Jazz until I loved here to Dallas in 99 and the Mavs became relevant. For me, hands down, its the Mavs. The funeral march these past few days have been great up here in North Texas.

shorttotry
05-07-2012, 09:22 AM
The Lakers

coyotes_geek
05-07-2012, 09:25 AM
The Lakers

This, but between the two options presented the 90's Jazz. Easily. The Spurs just couldn't beat that team.

flipspursfan
05-07-2012, 09:25 AM
The Jazz of the 90's. Not only did they treat us like we treated the Suns the past decade, but Stockton and Malone were dirty as hell. Damn I cringe every time I see a video of Malone's elbow to Thomas. The Mavs, I could respect, except the nut-buster Terry

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
90's Jazz, easily.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-07-2012, 09:35 AM
90's Jazz by a mile. Whatever headaches the Mavs have caused in recent years they all came after the rings that established the Spurs as one of the big boys in the league. 2006 was as dramatic as any playoff loss, but certainly not as disheartening as those losses to Sloan, Stockton, and The Statutory Rapist. Those 90s losses to the Jazz were always the toughest shit sandwich to eat, at the time each one seemed to eternally relegate the Spurs to "not ready for prime time" status.

If you can look past some the douchier elements of the Mavs there's a pretty good story there: they built around a superstar they drafted, they were a long suffering franchise that was due for some success, and on his good days Mark Cuban is still a breath of fresh air as an owner.

There was nothing redeeming looking back at those Jazz teams. Really any respect or admiration I have for Sloan's coaching abilities came in the post Malone years when he kept some fairly terrible rosters in playoff contention.

timvp
05-07-2012, 09:36 AM
1. 90s Jazz
2. Lakers of any era -- past and future

Venti Quattro
05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
So you hated the Showtime Lakers even though the Spurs were still nobodies then?

timvp
05-07-2012, 09:45 AM
So you hated the Showtime Lakers even though the Spurs were still nobodies then?

"When you talk about Phil and Pat, they went to big-market cities where everybody wants to go, there's tremendous amount of money and support of going and getting any guy you want. And the teams were already, for the most part, halfway decent.

"Not all situations are the Lakers, Chicago, Miami, New York."

Jimcs50
05-07-2012, 09:47 AM
I have no hate in me....just pity for the other teams in the playoffs, since they have to wait another year for a title and my Spurs get their 5th, the greedy bastards.

:p:

Legacy
05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
*cough* The Fakers.

... Oh, and The Grizzlies, of course (their pathetic-lame asses are still too fresh in my mind). :p:

Jumi
05-07-2012, 09:58 AM
JAZZ

I was a young basketball fan back then and I remember crying once when they beat the Admiral! I'll never forget that shit!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!

SpurinDallas
05-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Trust me, I HATED the Jazz with every fiber of my being...until I moved to Dallas and had to live amongst these basketball bandwagoners.

elemento
05-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't hate the Mavs. I only hate Cuban and Terry

Jumi
05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing Jason Terry getting swept out the playoffs!!!

Jumi
05-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Then you add Stockton's smurky comments at the HOF induction, "Karl Malone is the best PF to ever play the game!" after D Rob had given props to TD!

The hate inside me is brewing right now! I hope we sweep those cats tonite! I kinda felt sorry for them at first!! Screw that!

Legacy
05-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Out of the two you mentioned, I'd probably have to go with Dallas, too, BTW. Their bandwagon fans 'were' (are they still fans now, lmao??) simply the most obnoxious I've seen... constantly bragging about their one little ring. I fully understand that everyone's gotta' 'start sometime', but please just STFU about your "Mavs Dynasty" and gimme' a fucken' break already! :vomit:

jhfenton
05-07-2012, 10:15 AM
1. 90s Jazz
This. Except that I'd limit my Lakers hatred to the 00's version. Any hatred of the prior Lakers' teams would be purely reflected hatred. I was in my 20's in the 90's, and I suffered through each of the Spurs' losses at the hands of the evil, dirty, hated Stockton and Malone.

I've never really developed a proper hatred of the Mavs. Maybe it's a personal failing.

SpurinDallas
05-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Out of the two you mentioned, I'd probably have to go with Dallas, too, BTW. Their bandwagon fans 'were' (are they still fans now, lmao??) simply the most obnoxious I've seen... constantly bragging about their one little ring. I fully understand that everyone's gotta' 'start sometime', but please just STFU about your "Mavs Dynasty" and gimme' a fucken' break already! :vomit:
Trust me, they were obnoxious before they won their 1 Title. I still don't get it to this day

SpurinDallas
05-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Then you add Stockton's smurky comments at the HOF induction, "Karl Malone is the best PF to ever play the game!" after D Rob had given props to TD!

The hate inside me is brewing right now! I hope we sweep those cats tonite! I kinda felt sorry for them at first!! Screw that!

Give into your hate. HAHAHAHAHA

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/168/emperorpalpatine.jpg

Legacy
05-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Trust me, they were obnoxious before they won their 1 Title. I still don't get it to this day

I just Thank God that I had fully changed my mind about moving to The DFW area a long time ago. I'd be stabbing people left and right, I swear. :splitter

LakerHater
05-07-2012, 10:45 AM
1. 90s Jazz
Me too but switched!!

I don't hate the Mavs. I only hate Cuban and Terry

^^ This!!

cd98
05-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Mavs now are almost hard to hate. More of pity. To get swept one year after winning the title. It's like every accomplishment is followed by failure. Of course, I wouldn't put the latest fiasco on the team. It was Cuban that chose to let go of key players with the nonsensical idea that he could win it all just because he had Dirk.

cd98
05-07-2012, 10:55 AM
I used to hate the Jazz, but over the last 13 years our domination of the Jazz has me respecting what they used to be. I still like Stockton and consider him one of the greatest point guards (as does everyone). I still can't like Malone, though. Not only was he a tool on the court, he was just as bad off the court.

Oh, Gee!!
05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
jazz. malone is the biggest douche to have ever played the game, stockton has a stupid haircut, and hornacek has a stupid face.

Dingle Barry
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Once Terry is gone, I won't hate the Mavs at all really.

purist
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
1. Bullets of the '70s
2. Lakers of any era
3. Jazz
4. Mavs
5. Rockets of any era

Keepin' it real
05-07-2012, 11:33 AM
The Jazz of the 90's or the Mavs now?

I always thought I could not hate any team more than the Jazz until I loved here to Dallas in 99 and the Mavs became relevant. For me, hands down, its the Mavs. The funeral march these past few days have been great up here in North Texas.

Mavs now (I'm including the entire Dirk era in this)

Yes, I HATED the '90s Jazz passionately. BUT, they never cost the Spurs a championship the way the '06 Mavs did. That Mavs team is the only thing that prevented a Spurs three-peat*, which would have put to rest all the "quasi" dynasty smack.

A title in '06 would have put the Spurs equal with the Lakers with a three-peat in the same decade. And with the Spurs' greater success throughout the rest of the decade, SA instead of LAL would have been the team of the decade.

*(Many fans argue that .04 cost the Spurs a title in '04, but I believe the Pistons would have beaten the Spurs that season, so in retrospect, that loss to LAL didn't hurt nearly as much as the loss to the Mavs in '06.)

Budkin
05-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Jazz x10000. Stockton and Malone were two of the dirtiest players to ever play the game.

coyotes_geek
05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Yes, I HATED the '90s Jazz passionately. BUT, they never cost the Spurs a championship the way the '06 Mavs did.

Certainly true for '96 and '98 when the Bulls were there, but the Jazz also knocked out the Spurs in '94 and that year had set itself up very nicely for the Spurs. Had the Spurs gotten past Utah, the rest of the road would have been Denver (the #8 seed who upset #1 seed Seattle), Houston and the Knicks in the finals. Whether the Spurs could have beaten Houston in 1994 (Drexler not there yet) is certainly debatable, but I doubt the Nuggets or Knicks could have beaten them.

Spurminator
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure why any Spurs fan would have even close to the amount of hate for the Mavs as they did for the 90's Jazz and the 00's Lakers, unless you're too young to remember, or you're way too sensitive.

Legacy
05-07-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure why any Spurs fan would have even close to the amount of hate for the Mavs as they did for the 90's Jazz and the 00's Lakers, unless you're too young to remember, or you're way too sensitive.

;)

SpurinDallas
05-07-2012, 11:59 AM

You obviously haven't spent the last 13 years living in Dallas. Any Spurs fans living in Dallas will know what I mean

Legacy
05-07-2012, 12:06 PM
You obviously haven't spent the last 13 years living in Dallas. Any Spurs fans living in Dallas will know what I mean

So glad I made the right decision to stay here in SA for a while. ... Think I'll continue to prepare for my return to Europe instead (Please Lord, I beg you). :lol

SpurinDallas
05-07-2012, 12:08 PM
So glad I made the right decision to stay here in SA for a while. ... Think I'll continue to prepare for my return to Europe instead (Please Lord, I beg you). :lol

Yes, you made the right choice! :toast

timvp
05-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I can't put the Mavs ahead of the Rockets ... especially when you consider how obnoxious Rocket Fan becomes when their team is actually a winner. Not only are they unbearable, they come to San Antonio and buy up all the seats in the lower level.

Mav Fan can be a little annoying but they are damn near angelic compared to Rocket Fan, all things being equal.

1. 90s Jazz
2. Lakers, any era
3. Rockets, any era

IMO, it's difficult to separate the Mavs, Blazers and Suns.

Malice
05-07-2012, 12:13 PM
I gotta say Jazz. until I moved to LA and was witness to the .4 shot in a bar in Santa Monica...my hate for LA took on a whole different level and meaning right there. The birth of hate: Game 5 (May 13, 2004)

Ishta
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
For me, it's the Mavs (I had to live in Dallas for quite sometime). The fans are horrible, have no class, and are pretty much ignorant of what is going on with their team until April. Plus Marc Cuban is an asshat.

Mark in Austin
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
1. 90s Jazz

:tu +1

No other answer is correct.

Budkin
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I gotta say Jazz. until I moved to LA and was witness to the .4 shot in a bar in Santa Monica...my hate for LA took on a whole different level and meaning right there. The birth of hate: Game 5 (May 13, 2004)

Worst memory in Spurs history for me. I've never gone from such a high to such a low in so short a time. I get sick every time I think of it.

tesseractive
05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
I can't put the Mavs ahead of the Rockets ... especially when you consider how obnoxious Rocket Fan becomes when their team is actually a winner. Not only are they unbearable, they come to San Antonio and buy up all the seats in the lower level.
This. I'll never forget all those fucking Rocket fans cheering inside the Dome at the Robinson/Olajuwon MVP game. Fuckers.

Horse
05-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I guess the jazz I still have nightmares about byron russell he always sunk the final nail. And malones karate chop ofcourse. That being said it would be hard for me to hate anyone more than ratface jt that nut-punching pussy. However most of the times they were our bitch.

Ditty
05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I hated Hornacek, I remember him killing us, and never missing a shot.

therealtruth
05-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Mavs now (I'm including the entire Dirk era in this)

Yes, I HATED the '90s Jazz passionately. BUT, they never cost the Spurs a championship the way the '06 Mavs did. That Mavs team is the only thing that prevented a Spurs three-peat*, which would have put to rest all the "quasi" dynasty smack.

A title in '06 would have put the Spurs equal with the Lakers with a three-peat in the same decade. And with the Spurs' greater success throughout the rest of the decade, SA instead of LAL would have been the team of the decade.

*(Many fans argue that .04 cost the Spurs a title in '04, but I believe the Pistons would have beaten the Spurs that season, so in retrospect, that loss to LAL didn't hurt nearly as much as the loss to the Mavs in '06.)

Pop cost the Spurs in '06 by starting Michael Finley at power forward.

G-Dawgg
05-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I do realize that the Jazz of the 90's were rivals of the Spurs and were borderline dirty players, but I really respected their game and orgization. They were not an exceptionally athletic bunch nor were they young but they overachieved with their scrappiness and cerebral play and their execution was impeccable. They were very well coached and an excellent franchise for our Spurs to model themselves after. My hat is off to them. I'm giving them credit where credit is due. As for the Dallas Mavericks ....ha ha you fuckers enjoy fishing season!

Spurminator
05-07-2012, 03:21 PM

No, just the past 9. Hasn't been a problem.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Obviously, I dislike the 1990s Jazz more than the Mavericks....