PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Debate: Al Jefferson Says Spurs Are A Better Team (video)

jestersmash
05-07-2012, 02:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7900480

Bucher, Bayless, and Stephen A take turns debating on whether or not Al Jefferson's praise for the San Antonio Spurs was the right thing to say given that the series technically isn't over yet.

cd98
05-07-2012, 02:47 PM
IMHO Stephen A is right. Should keep that to himself. If he has a bad game, Jefferson is going to be accussed of quitting, which would be unfair given how good the defense has been against him.

phyzik
05-07-2012, 02:52 PM
This is the only time I can think of... ever... where I find myself in agreement with the loudmouth. Should have saved it for after the series was over.

G-Dawgg
05-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Al Jefferson knows the series is done. He doesn't even want to go through the formalities of playing out the 4th game. He wants to go to Cancun...He wants to go fishing.......

boutons_deux
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
AJ simply admitting that an 8th seed down 0-3 has never won 4 straight, nor has any seed.

Sports "journalists" fabricate any old shit to make quota, much like Fox Repug Propaganda network.

Mal
05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
What is wrong in saying things that everybody knows ? They played theirs hearts out and yet lost by double digits at home. Does Steven A Smith thinks that 16k people , who are gonna go to see this game dont know that ? They can see previous 3 games results , they can see bookie lines which is currently saying that Spurs are 8 pts fav. Spurs were 10 pts fav at Cleveland, about month ago. 8 pts is huge.

Of course Utah can win this game, this guys will go there and do their best. They have young team, with rookie coach. You can easily pay for tickets and root for them. They arent embarassing or gave it up easily. They are simply playing against way better team.

Jefferson was Utah`s best player throughout the series. He did everything he could. And will do his best in tonight`s game.

Al Jefferson`s statement wasnt pathetic. You cant blame men for trying, as you cannot blame anybody for saying the truth.

Spursfanfromafar
05-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Lol.. Ric Bucher was so right in the end... The only guys "pathetic" here were these noisy morons Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless. They represent the worst scum of television sports anchoring these days.

sa_butta
05-07-2012, 03:40 PM
True statement, bad timing.

J.T.
05-07-2012, 03:54 PM
I don't really mind Smith or Bayless as ESPN personalities. Both of their shticks are designed to make you hate them, or if you don't get into sports media that much at least disagree with what they say. I'm actually hard-pressed to believe that anything said on ESPN is the actual opinion of the speaker anyway.

But Smith is right here, Jefferson should have waited to get eliminated before saying this. I couldn't believe it when I heard it for the first time. It's like the losing team's equivalent of guaranteeing a victory before the game.

rjv
05-07-2012, 03:54 PM
does stephen a. really think those in excess of 16,000 fans don't already know what jefferson said ? still, i'd hate to hear it from one of the players.

where stephen a. is an ass is when he says in his typical degrading manner "whatever fan base they have".

TJastal
05-08-2012, 07:16 AM
What is wrong in saying things that everybody knows ? They played theirs hearts out and yet lost by double digits at home. Does Steven A Smith thinks that 16k people , who are gonna go to see this game dont know that ? They can see previous 3 games results , they can see bookie lines which is currently saying that Spurs are 8 pts fav. Spurs were 10 pts fav at Cleveland, about month ago. 8 pts is huge.

Of course Utah can win this game, this guys will go there and do their best. They have young team, with rookie coach. You can easily pay for tickets and root for them. They arent embarassing or gave it up easily. They are simply playing against way better team.

Jefferson was Utah`s best player throughout the series. He did everything he could. And will do his best in tonight`s game.

Al Jefferson`s statement wasnt pathetic. You cant blame men for trying, as you cannot blame anybody for saying the truth.

+10000

Jefferson understood all too well that the jazz were cooked to order being down 3-0 and saw no harm in giving some real insights and props to a team he respected. Instead of the typical rah-rah-rah we're gonna win dis shit we ain't done yet... !! standard line of crap nobody even believes. Of course his reflective candid moment was pounced on and labeled as weak and spineless by scores of tards across the internets (and even TNT). The tards tried hard to convince us he had thrown in the towel. So what does he do? Comes out and drops 26 & 10 on the spurs, giving it his best shot, and unfortunately wasn't enough, not even close. But just like he said it wouldn't be. So what do the tards say now?

:rollin

TJastal
05-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I don't really mind Smith or Bayless as ESPN personalities. Both of their shticks are designed to make you hate them, or if you don't get into sports media that much at least disagree with what they say. I'm actually hard-pressed to believe that anything said on ESPN is the actual opinion of the speaker anyway.

But Smith is right here, Jefferson should have waited to get eliminated before saying this. I couldn't believe it when I heard it for the first time. It's like the losing team's equivalent of guaranteeing a victory before the game.

OMG

Can you believe he said that? What was he thinking? Duh jazz we're primed for a 4 game comeback miracle finish. He fucked it all up. They were gonna win it all too. Now they might as well just blow it all up and start over. Their team is finished now. Forever.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Brutalis
05-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Truth is truth..

Smith is still a fucking bitch.

SpursIndonesia
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
AJ doing real talk, labeled as a quitter, dropped 26 & 10 and keeping the Jazz relevant last nite.

Gordon Hayward the polite, humble white boy, saying they must play like their life depends on it, giving pretty much 0-fers and became Manu's bitch.

What an irony. :lol

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
This is a debate?

cheguevara
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
:lmao watching ESPN debates

TJastal
05-08-2012, 10:31 AM
AJ doing real talk, labeled as a quitter, dropped 26 & 10 and keeping the Jazz relevant last nite.

Gordon Hayward the polite, humble white boy, saying they must play like their life depends on it, giving pretty much 0-fers and became Manu's bitch.

What an irony. :lol

I frankly don't see what all the fuss is over Hayward.

SpursIndonesia
05-08-2012, 10:51 AM

The new, great white hope ? :lol

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 11:01 AM

A statement that might have carried more weight had it been given prior to the sweep.

ambchang
05-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Love SAS's quote "Excuse me, I speak fluent English."

I disagree, and they should have an ESPN debate series on that one single statement.

GSH
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
So we have a new thread to debate a debate over a single comment we've already had a debate about in another thread?

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2012, 01:00 PM
the question is, wtf do you guys keep on quoting this fagot piece of shit journalism from bspn

ohmwrecker
05-08-2012, 01:00 PM

He did not make love to pressure.

Spur-Addict
05-19-2015, 09:25 PM
Time to opt out Big Al and head on down to the River Walk

phxspurfan
05-19-2015, 10:19 PM
why was this bumped lol