PDA

View Full Version : Cole Hamels

Soul_Patch
05-07-2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/phillies-lhp-cole-hamels-suspended-5-games-for-throwing-at-nats-rookie-bryce-harper/2012/05/07/gIQANNS38T_story.html

Anyone catch this? WTF was Hamels thinking talking about this in the media...he had to know a suspension would be incoming...

I know it happens all the time, but you dont go and talk about it...its like Fight Club!

Reck
05-07-2012, 08:22 PM
He must've wanted a vacation.

Its beyond stupid to think you can blantantly say your intent was to hit the guy on purpose and be free and clear.

I would suspend him an additional 5 more games without pay for this idiotic shit.

Axe Murderer
05-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah this was one of the most retarded things I've ever heard an athlete say. Don't know how some people were "proud" of Hamels for what he did. It's not Harper's fault everyone is bowing down to him like some Greek God. He's handled himself pretty well for a pro.

Secondly, throwing at a batter when they piss you off isn't some heroic thing to do. Especially when they've done nothing to warrant. You have the ball, they don't. It's not a fair fight.

Reck
05-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Secondly, throwing at a batter when they piss you off isn't some heroic thing to do. Especially when they've done nothing to warrant. You have the ball, they don't. It's not a fair fight.

What's worse for Hamels is that he went on to steal home succesfully making him look an even more of an idiot. :lol

TIMMYtoZO
05-07-2012, 10:45 PM
:lol Hamels must be pissed at the Phillies management for not giving him the contract he wants. He is staying in Philly despite all of this.

lefty
05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
" I'm old school " :lmao

What a faggot

Trying to intimidate a 19 y/o

Fake tough faggot

manufan10
05-08-2012, 10:24 AM
What's worse for Hamels is that he went on to steal home succesfully making him look an even more of an idiot. :lol

That's the best part. Bryce Harper got the last laugh.

Soul_Patch
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
That's the best part. Bryce Harper got the last laugh.

Yep, that was great.

what I think is dumb is Hamels is getting a 5 game suspension, so basically he misses 0 games since he isnt up in the rotation before that anyway...just a "show" for the media i guess??

I always thought Hamels was a douche.

JMarkJohns
05-08-2012, 02:43 PM
He's already been hit once. Bragging about hitting Harper on purpose just means he's going to get hit every game he pitches against the Nationals.

The Nats, last year, after Upton hit a homerun, hit him with a pitch for four consecutive games. They aren't afraid of "old school"...

Soul_Patch
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
<3 the Nats

Reck
05-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Yep, that was great.

what I think is dumb is Hamels is getting a 5 game suspension, so basically he misses 0 games since he isnt up in the rotation before that anyway...just a "show" for the media i guess??

I always thought Hamels was a douche.

I dont get that.

Why suspend him for 5 team games if he's not going to pitch for those 5 games anyway? He should missed his 5 starts. That's a real suspension.

No point in suspending a picther if he still gets to pitch in a week. lol

manufan10
05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
He's already been hit once. Bragging about hitting Harper on purpose just means he's going to get hit every game he pitches against the Nationals.

The Nats, last year, after Upton hit a homerun, hit him with a pitch for four consecutive games. They aren't afraid of "old school"...

:lol

Soul_Patch
05-08-2012, 07:41 PM
I dont get that.

Why suspend him for 5 team games if he's not going to pitch for those 5 games anyway? He should missed his 5 starts. That's a real suspension.

No point in suspending a picther if he still gets to pitch in a week. lol

I agree. When I first read it, i thought it would be 5 starts...then read further and found out he will basically miss no games...the suspension starts the day after the incident. At least fine him or something...

JamStone
05-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Suspending starting pitchers never made sense to me either. If you want to suspend a starting pitcher, you suspend him at least 9 games so that he legitimately misses a start. Otherwise, it's virtually no difference than him getting pushed back a game because of a rain postponement. Missing what amounts to one "day" might put the team into a situation where they have start a bullpen guy or a minor leaguer for that one game, but it doesn't really punish the starting pitcher much. Hamels will still get his 32-33 starts this season if he stays healthy.

JMarkJohns
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Irony in that going old school and belting the kid as a welcome to the bigs allowed the kid to do something really old school and that's steal home as a teenager. The Old School that keeps on giving...

JMarkJohns
05-08-2012, 08:19 PM

:lol

Upton didn't find it funny :lol I'm pretty pissed at Gibson, one I thought would certainly retaliate but didn't. Not once. It was ridiculous.

Four games in row: PLUNK!

Hamels can expect the same.