PDA

View Full Version : Tim is not MJ

weebo
06-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Great players play great in big games. Tim's indecision with the ball coupled with his lack of aggressiveness is costing us these games. Honestly, he has yet to put his stamp on any Finals game thus far. Moreover, he has yet to enforce his will to win on his teammates. Tim may not be at 100% because of bummed ankles, but that is no excuse for him to play at 80% effort. Too many times he is looking at the officials to bail him out. Unfortuantely, Tim will never be mentioned with the likes of Jordan, Magic, or Bird. I can't imagine any of these legends not calling for the ball in critical moments of big games. If Tim were a true leader, he would be fearless and not passive. When asked about getting the ball more late in games during last nights interview Tim responded by saying "no....that's not what we're about ...we haven't done it all season long." What kind of a response is that? That sounds like something a guy like Brent Barry would say after having a good game. Tim has to understand that he is our constant and not some role player. Without his leadership, aggressiveness, and will to win, we are as good as done.

ginobme
06-22-2005, 12:51 PM
I agree, game 7..NBA Finals...thats for him to carry the team to the promise land. Not call for the ball everytime down he needs to dominate early and close out the game.

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 12:53 PM
NO ONE ever said Tim Duncan was MJ. They play 2 completely different positions and have 2 completely different games.

BigVee
06-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I have seen every game he has played this year. Where he is really off is at the defensive end. He is getting plenty of rebounds but I have never seen him beaten to the basket so many times, especially baseline. I know they force that way, but normally he swallows those shots up. Maybe it is the ankles, I don't know, but where I see him lacking is on D. Free throws have come and gone all year as does his shot at times....but the strong D was always there. Now? Rasheed, McDyess, Hunter, RIP, all of them have gone around him countless times. Myabe Rasho back there would help. Don't know but where he needs a huge game Thursday is on the defensive end of the court.

bigzak25
06-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Tim is not MJ

no shit?

i'll settle for hakeem comparisons after a game 7 win. :smokin

tim_duncan_fan
06-22-2005, 01:35 PM
people need to stop blaming tim. he shouldn't have to demand the ball. his dumbass guards should pass to him sometimes.

209Goodfella
06-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Its a combo of his mental state and Detroit playing him well. I can tell his ankles are kiling him. We dont have another presence inside so he is getting all the attention from Detroit.