PDA

View Full Version : Do we really want to play these floppers?

50 cent
05-07-2012, 11:46 PM
I can already tell based on watching this series that I am absolutely going to hate the Clippers if we end up playing them. The flopping by this team is on an entirely different level than we've seen from an entire team. You know the Spurs would get screwed by the refs in this kind of series because the Clippers are a young, upstart team.

I would almost rather play Memphis because we'd have the revenge factor and they aren't a bunch of flopping pussies.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
On one hand, spurs have beaten a Chris Paul team before. would have been less than seven games if Dumbass Pop doesn't put Bowen on Paul for two games.

On the other.....you're absolutely right

lefty
05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Eeh

The refs will eventually screw us if there is a game 7

Game 7?

Not gonna happen

davidbowie
05-07-2012, 11:54 PM
are we really already doing the whole the refs are against us thing

ducks
05-07-2012, 11:55 PM
I would rather sweep both teams

stephen jackson
05-07-2012, 11:56 PM
doesnt really matter who we play theyre pretty equal

justinandimcool
05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
We flop pretty well too, tbh.

Splits
05-07-2012, 11:58 PM
We want this series to end as soon as possible so we don't have to sit around with thumb up ass for 8 days. As much as I'd like revenge on the Grizz, getting back to work is more important. Pop even acknowledged as much during his post-game interview.

san antonio spurs
05-08-2012, 12:01 AM
We flop pretty well too, tbh.
We have two very good ones in Manu and Bonner but the rest of the team is average at flopping.

davidbowie
05-08-2012, 12:01 AM
i wouldn't really call out other teams for flopping when manu has perfected it. he's not paul or griffin level bad but cmon man.

davidbowie
05-08-2012, 12:02 AM
oh reggie evans too. damn they do have a lot haha.

MI21
05-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Chris Paul is an absolutely incredible basketball player and the best PG in the league, but fuck his flopping is horrendous.

I was thinking the same thing while watching. Memphis are more likely to beat you up but the Clippers are going to be extremely frustrating to play against with all this acting.

ducks
05-08-2012, 12:06 AM
chris paul is so overrated

you put cp3 with spurs
cp3 assist will drop he will be lucky to average the assist tp does

ducks
05-08-2012, 12:06 AM
blake is acter

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Could Pop really lose to Vinny Del effing Negro

MI21
05-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Also, Mo "Jordan Bird Isaiah Reggie" Williams is a bad matchup for the Spurs guards.

He has demolished the good guys since his Milwaukee days.

ducks
05-08-2012, 12:08 AM

blair,sj and diaw would be phyically with blake and he would lose his temper:lol:lol

crc21209
05-08-2012, 12:10 AM
I would rather play the Clippers (even with all the flopping) because they are a dumber and less skilled team than Memphis if you ask me. CP3 > Conley. But after that, Gasol, Randolph, Mayo, Gay, Allen > Griffin, Jordan, Butler, Foye, Young, Williams. The Spurs would be bigger at the wing positions against the Clippers, while the Grizzlies are bigger and match up better with the Spurs.

ShoogarBear
05-08-2012, 12:11 AM

Good point. He lost to AJ, but this would be a whole 'nother level.

ducks
05-08-2012, 12:12 AM
mo williams sucks
spurs should beat clippers in 5 max

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Griffin seriously has no offensive game that doesn't involve a pass from another player.

What the hell can this guy do 1 on 1?
As I watch clippers pull away from Memphis.....I say bring them the F on

davidbowie
05-08-2012, 12:13 AM
i wonder if frankie muniz still goes to the clippers games

Outlier
05-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Isn't there a stat where the Spurs are the least fouling team in the league? I think we'll be alright. We have a vastly superior coach.

ducks
05-08-2012, 12:15 AM
clippers make also like 55% from the stripe

ShoogarBear
05-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Wow, it's like Blake is reading this thread and trying to fan the flames.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 12:16 AM
If the spurs play the clippers,.Duncan, Tiago, Diaw, Jackson need to be as physical as possible

We will own this team then. Memphis isn't necessarily losing toclips because of masterful flopping, but because Memphis can't score for crap when opportunities present themselves

Spurs need to be tenacious and physical, and we should best this team

timvp
05-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I still can't decide which team would be easier. The more I watch that series, the more confused I get.

crc21209
05-08-2012, 12:18 AM
clippers make also like 55% from the stripe

+1. Their bigs- Griffin, Jordan, Evans, and even Kenyon Martin are horrible free throw shooters compared to Randolph and Gasol of the Grizzlies....

T Park
Rudy Gay predictably shooting the Grizzlies out of the playoffs..

T Park
I still can't decide which team would be easier. The more I watch that series, the more confused I get.

Same.

I watched game 2 wanted LA. watched game 3 still wanted LA.

Watched tonight, made me want Memphis.

justinandimcool
05-08-2012, 12:19 AM
the deal breaker here is Conley. he plays great defense on TP (at least half the time), basically flummoxing our offense. cut off the head of the snake, keep TP off the paint, we have to rely on Tim/Manu a lot more to create for us when we want them doing as little work as possible.

i don't see CP3 (and Butler for that matter) slowing down our motion, penetration, and ball movement (lol). if we can expose him and force Bledsoe to play extended minutes, Clippers are in deep doo doo.

The Whopper
05-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Neither Clipperdogs or Memphis are worth a fart on a windy day.

diego
05-08-2012, 12:22 AM
i want memphis for revenge. that said, if the 2nd round ends up okc - lakers and clippers - sa, does that preclude a b2b or make it more likely since both LA teams share staple center? both la teams are home for games 3 and 4...

T Park
05-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Paul brings back bad nightmares of continued lobs to Tyson Chandler over and over and over...

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm wanting clippers more and more

They aren't going to defend us like crazy, and we have the potential to defend them almost as good as Memphis

ShoogarBear
05-08-2012, 12:25 AM
The solution to the Clippers is pretty straightforward: stop Chris Paul and they aren't going anywhere.

But Paul and LeBron are the two most unstoppable players in the playoffs right now, capable of winning a game or two by themselves no matter what you do.

In the end, as CBF pointed out, you have to trust that no way does Pop ever let Vinny F. Del Negro beat him.

T Park
The Clippers can play some SUPER small ball.

Foye Williams Paul.

You could theoretically go Parker Manu Neal with Neal on Foye and get away with it.

That said, that scares me.

ducks
clippers are playing liek shit and they have the greatest point guard ever (some think) cp3

justinandimcool
05-08-2012, 12:26 AM
there is zero chance the Clippers are smart enough to figure out our pnr, to be honest.

Big concern for me is the amount of shooters they have off their bench, and the rebounding when Evans is on the floor. But I'd rather have those problems than have to face Conley/Allen.

ducks
05-08-2012, 12:26 AM
The Clippers can play some SUPER small ball.

Foye Williams Paul.

You could theoretically go Parker Manu Neal with Neal on Foye and get away with it.

That said, that scares me.

neal is playing bad I WOULD BE SURPISE TO SEE HIM PLAY MORE THEN 15 MINUTES IN A GAME THIS PLAYOFF UNLESS BLOWOUT

td4mvp21
05-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Chris Paul is such a fucking bitch - I would hate losing to his team. But I think the Clippers have less of an ability to clog the paint against the Spurs, so they might be the "easier" matchup.

ShoogarBear
05-08-2012, 12:30 AM
The Clips might be easier, but with Griffin, K-Mart, Jordan, and Reggie Evans, they aren't going to be less physical.

T Park
05-08-2012, 12:32 AM
The Clippers offered ZERO resistance to that shot by Gay. Horrible defense...

T Park
05-08-2012, 12:33 AM
The Clips might be easier, but with Griffin, K-Mart, Jordan, and Reggie Evans, they aren't going to be less physical.

You could actually hide Bonner on Kmart on the defensive end....

crc21209
05-08-2012, 12:33 AM

True, but you do have to admit that they have less skill in the post (back to the basket, true post up moves) than the Grizzlies do. Randolph and Gasol can do alot of things that the Clipper bigs can't do....

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 12:35 AM

But Kmart couldn't harm the spurs in the playoffs if his stupid baby tattoo depended on it, Jordon isn't really that physical, at least not in the Memphis way, and every one of their big men is a shitty ft shooter

Memphis bigs see the spurs uniforms and become 85% ft shooters

50 cent
05-08-2012, 12:36 AM
I do agree that the Clippers are dumber, so I guess I'm cool with them. I just know I'll hate them and I want to like Griffin. I can't stand that little bitch Paul.

T Park
05-08-2012, 12:37 AM
The Clippers are physical but they arent long. Length bothers the Spurs bigs more than physicality and athleticism.

davidbowie
05-08-2012, 12:37 AM
guys i think someone poked chris paul's eye out on that last play

T Park
05-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Would you put Kawhi Leonard on Paul in stretches?

Fantastic defense by Tony Allen there.

The Clippers show a propensity for not finishing games well or bad execution on the defensive and offensive end in crunch time.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Lolol Paul looking like Parker last year

T Park
But Kmart couldn't harm the spurs in the playoffs if his stupid baby tattoo depended on it, Jordon isn't really that physical, at least not in the Memphis way, and every one of their big men is a shitty ft shooter

Memphis bigs see the spurs uniforms and become 85% ft shooters

Pop would go hack a Evans lots of times if Paul is killing them.

Could work.

davidbowie
the way this game is going i'm convinced it won't matter who the hell we play

crc21209
I can't see the Clippers winning a Game 5 in Memphis with the series tied 2-2. They HAVE to win this game....

ShoogarBear
guys i think someone poked chris paul's eye out on that last play

There is no i in team.

ducks
05-08-2012, 12:43 AM
cp3 with two big turnovers

Reck
05-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Whether we want to or not, here they come.

timvp
05-08-2012, 12:49 AM
New Rule: Bonner isn't allowed to be on the court when Reggie Evans is on the court. That's just asking for a parade of offensive rebounds.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Why did hollins take Allen off Paul?

MI21
05-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Sheesh, talk about making up for that shithouse end to regulation.

I don't know why the Grizz aren't trapping Paul and making one of the other Clippers do something, anything...

Sense
05-08-2012, 12:54 AM
They got Martin, who can guard Duncan, the thing that scares me the most from the Clippers is the way we contain Blake Griffin, I don't know how it could work for a 7 game series.. especially when he has a guy like Paul dishing it to him, and he's been a monster in the playoffs..

None of those teams are a walk in the park.. at all.

davidbowie
05-08-2012, 12:55 AM
cp3 is the best and worst player haha

MI21
05-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Hack a Jordan/Evans/Griffin would be fun.

Only reason Bonner should ever be matched up on any of them, tbh.

DesignatedT
CP3 is great to watch when he's not flopping around looking for the whistle at all times. Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

T Park
LMFAO the Clippers had a wide open inbound oppurtunity and Del Fuego calls TO.

Kenyon Martin incensed saying "GODDAMN" on the bench :lmao

T Park
Hack a Jordan/Evans/Griffin would be fun.

Only reason Bonner should ever be matched up on any of them, tbh.

You could hide Bonner on Kenyon martin.

timvp
05-08-2012, 12:57 AM
:lol @ the entire Clippers team giving Vinny the WTF face for calling a timeout.

T Park
They got Martin, who can guard Duncan, the thing that scares me the most from the Clippers is the way we contain Blake Griffin, I don't know how it could work for a 7 game series.. especially when he has a guy like Paul dishing it to him, and he's been a monster in the playoffs..

None of those teams are a walk in the park.. at all.

:lol @ Martin guarding Duncan

T Park
:lol @ the entire Clippers team giving Vinny the WTF face for calling a timeout.

K Mart dropping the GODDAMN in the time out huddle was even better.

T Park
05-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Is there a team that doesn't respect or listen to their coach thats left in the playoffs as much as the Clippers right now?

You can tell Vinny's babble is going in one ear and out the other.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Was that Jeff McInnis I saw behind the scorers table?

T Park
05-08-2012, 01:00 AM
The Spurs were a Mo Williams career game from sweeping them.
Spurs swept a Zachless Grizzlies team.

previous games are pretty much worthless.

crc21209
05-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Clippers win....

Sense
05-08-2012, 01:07 AM
:lol @ Martin guarding Duncan

let me guess, you don't believe Martin is a defensive player..

T Park
05-08-2012, 01:15 AM

I don't believe Martin is anything.

Especially against Tim Duncan..

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2012, 01:15 AM
im not concern with the clippers

td has pwned martin his entire career
blake is afraid of physical play, if he flops on every possession....spurs will make sure he earn those freebies
cp3 is containable, chuck a lengthy player on him...

T Park
05-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Im fully convinced you could double Chris Paul and get turnovers 20% of the time, or a bad shot from Kenyon Martin or Randy Foye.

05-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Clippers are leading the series only through the sheer will of Chris Paul. He is honestly a whole different monster and is the best player on the western playoff bracket. But I would much rather Parker go against Paul than Conley. Parker thrives against Chris Paul, he just needs to minimize Paul's damage by scoring as much as him and let the rest of the spurs team blast through the thin clippers roster.

Manu-20
05-08-2012, 01:48 AM

I think martin is decent defensively but Duncan has owned him in the playoffs and continues to do so even this year.

Dingle Barry
05-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Clips would take the Spurs to five games tops. Just not enough weapons, and they play a retarded brand of basketball under Vinny.

freetiago
05-08-2012, 07:09 AM
the clippers have scrubs who can get hot when we give them free shots under screens that pop loves to do
we saw it all the time in the reg season
vs the clips i remember randy foye and maurice williams having career nights
you could probably add nick young in that mix and if the outside shooters get hot theyll be hard to beat
nothing like utah with their poverty shooters
you still have to respect griffin on the pick and roll even though he cant hit an outside jumpsht because of his athleticism but cant just pack the paint like spurs did vs utah

Viva Las Espuelas
05-08-2012, 07:34 AM

Yeah. I don't see any of them taking Del Negro seriously, especially Paul.

wut
05-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Dunno why but I'm far more pessimistic about a series with the clippers. I'm worried we could even lose in 6.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Dunno why but I'm far more pessimistic about a series with the clippers. I'm worried we could even lose in 6.

Yah I worry that the earth might get hit by a klingon constructed cloaked meteor tomorrow too.

jag
05-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Chris Paul can't guard Tony, and Tony always turns it up a notch against Paul. That being said, no one on the Spurs can get close to slowing down Chris Paul. Parker, Green and possibly Leonard will all spend time on Paul but it I doubt it really matters.

Griffin is an animal but Tiago does surprisingly well against him. He'll tear the Spurs up in transition but I dont think he'll be able to score over the top of Duncan or Tiago the way he did with Randolph.

Unlike Utah the Clippers actually have some deep threats. The Clippers were ranked 12th in the League in 3pt shooting; the Jazz were ranked 27th. The paint will start to open up if Butler, Foye and Williams are knocking down threes. If that happens, Paul will get easy buckets and he'll also give easy buckets to Griffin, Jordan and anyone else cutting to the basket.

I'm interested to see how it turns out and I think it'll be a good series. I just don't see Pop being out-coached by Vinny Del Negro.

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 08:29 AM
I hope Stephen Jackson punches Blake Griffin in the face.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Chris Paul can't guard Tony, and Tony always turns it up a notch against Paul. That being said, no one on the Spurs can get close to slowing down Chris Paul. Parker, Green and possibly Leonard will all spend time on Paul but it I doubt it really matters.

Griffin is an animal but Tiago does surprisingly well against him. He'll tear the Spurs up in transition but I dont think he'll be able to score over the top of Duncan or Tiago the way he did with Randolph.

Unlike Utah the Clippers actually have some deep threats. The Clippers were ranked 12th in the League in 3pt shooting; the Jazz were ranked 27th. The paint will start to open up if Butler, Foye and Williams are knocking down threes. If that happens, Paul will get easy buckets and he'll also give easy buckets to Griffin, Jordan and anyone else cutting to the basket.

I'm interested to see how it turns out and I think it'll be a good series. I just don't see Pop being out-coached by Vinny Del Negro.

Personally I think Manu Ginobili will be the key to a clippers series. How he plays will dictate whether the spurs either win handily in sweeping fashion or it being a somewhat close series (6-7 games). If he plays anywhere near his potential (and I think he's fully primed now for a big series) I think the spurs dismantle the clippers in short order. That clipper bench is too small, too thin, & too inexperienced to contain him from wreaking absolute havoc.

Regarding that, I'm glad Manu is going into 2nd round fully healthy despite a few unnecessarily close calls in that last game against the jazz on stupid kamikaze drives into the paint. No doubt because he was hearing all the melodramatic panicking about his 0-9 shooting and "poor performances". I love how Pop responded when asked about it, he basically said it wasn't even a concern and that he fully trusted that Manu would be Manu when it mattered most.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 08:50 AM
On one hand, spurs have beaten a Chris Paul team before. would have been less than seven games if Tim Duncan hadn't had the flu.

On the other.....you're absolutely right

fify

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 08:50 AM
I hope Stephen Jackson punches Blake Griffin in the face.

I don't know why a second mention of the same thing makes me laugh, but :lol

TampaDude
05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Yah I worry that the earth might get hit by a klingon constructed cloaked meteor tomorrow too.

:rollin

Sec24Row7
05-08-2012, 09:23 AM
I think that Clippers-Spurs would be a great series... Athleticism vs Execution... Youth vs Experience... Great story lines...

Would love to thump them... but CP3 will make it interesting... guy is just that good.

urunobili
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
it'll be the Clippers and a damn tough series.

703 Spurz
05-08-2012, 09:41 AM
I can already tell based on watching this series that I am absolutely going to hate the Clippers if we end up playing them. The flopping by this team is on an entirely different level than we've seen from an entire team. You know the Spurs would get screwed by the refs in this kind of series because the Clippers are a young, upstart team.

I would almost rather play Memphis because we'd have the revenge factor and they aren't a bunch of flopping pussies.

No shit. Chris Paul is a complete fucking Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_ dickhole when it comes to flopping.

It's going to be a shitstorm if/when the Spurs play LAC

silverblackfan
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Clippers are not a lock yet. I expect the Grizzlies to win the next one at home.
That said, I think the Clippers will be a good game, but the Spurs should out execute them to death. They are just too young and aside from CP3, too easy to rattle.

Keepin' it real
05-08-2012, 10:05 AM
I think a series vs. LAC would be very exciting and a welcome change instead of the usual match-ups against the Mavs, Lakers and Suns. I mean, those are our rivals, and the match-ups have been epic, but let's get some new blood, as in LAC then OKC. Can't wait!

As for the series itself, the Clippers are loaded, so it should be a tough series. Spurs in 6 ... maybe 7 if the Clips play their best ball.

K-State Spur
05-08-2012, 01:00 PM
We have two very good ones in Manu and Bonner but the rest of the team is average at flopping.

Bonner frustrates me as much as the next Spurs fan, but he is probably our LEAST flopping big on the roster.

tesseractive
05-08-2012, 01:07 PM

It's like a chess match between Bobby Fischer and Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel.

But Chris Paul really runs the team, not Vinny, so it's hard to say how much of a 5th Column Vinny can really be.

dbestpro
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Spurs should hand out Spur logo flip flops that fans can smack together every time Griffin or Paul flops. Could see Sir Charles trying to explain that on TNT.

ElNono
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
My concern against the Clippers isn't the flopping, it's the flat out dirty play of Reggie Evans. Just hope he doesn't hurt somebody trying to do something stupid.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Griffin seriously has no offensive game that doesn't involve a pass from another player.

What the hell can this guy do 1 on 1?
As I watch clippers pull away from Memphis.....I say bring them the F on

If saying that makes you feel better then go ahead but he has a post game if for no other reason that he can jump so high almost noone can get at his shot. His footwork is mediocre but hes still obnoxiously quick.

People that want him to fail remind me of hipsters.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
I dint want him to fail, but you're dumb if you think he's as good as advertised
He's got no jumper, can't hit free throws, not a good passer out of double teams.

his entire game its athleticism. Ask Amare how that's working out for him

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 03:29 PM
My concern against the Clippers isn't the flopping, it's the flat out dirty play of Reggie Evans. Just hope he doesn't hurt somebody trying to do something stupid.

Please punch that faggot too.

td4mvp21
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM

Yeah, watching him this series reminded me of the '05 Seattle series with him, Jerome James, and Danny Fortson. They had some hard hits on the Spurs that series.

T Park
05-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Kenyon Martin is pretty much reduced to a Danny Fortson role now. Good comparison.

DJB
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
LOL, Spurs fan complaining about flopping.

I'm a huge Spurs fan, yet I know Manu and Tony are some of the biggest floppers in the league.

Ross Parrot
05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
LOL, Spurs fan complaining about flopping.

I'm a huge Spurs fan, yet I know Manu and Tony are some of the biggest floppers in the league.

If you were a huge Spurs fan, you would know Tony doesn't flop.

Jumi
05-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes. Memphis plays like mental midgets at times. Conley should be the leader of that team, but Gay plays as if he has a point to prove...at the wrong times.

The flopping against us will not be as effective because they can't get under our skin. Paul will be Paul and Blake will be Blake so we pick our poison and let one go off and stop the other like Amare. We have enough fouls to dish out to stop their momentum if things get outta control.

I'm not saying it's gonna be easy, but Spurs in 6.

z0sa
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Remember 2008? CP3's floppiness is contagious and that whole Clippers team is doing it. That said, I'm much happier about Spurs playing them than the Grizzlies.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I dint want him to fail, but you're dumb if you think he's as good as advertised
He's got no jumper, can't hit free throws, not a good passer out of double teams.

his entire game its athleticism. Ask Amare how that's working out for him

Methinks you weren't watching the game last night where he either got a basket, an assist or drew a foul every single time he touched the ball.

DJB
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
If you were a huge Spurs fan, you would know Tony doesn't flop.

Stop being a homer.

said7
05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
i wonder if frankie muniz still goes to the clippers games

Haha! he can probably dunk now. He was touching rim at 14.