PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have unique opportunity to win 4th NBA championship and forever put an end to

BRHornet45
05-08-2012, 02:08 AM
sons the San Antonio Spurs are in a very unique position this season. they have a very good chance of winning their 4th NBA championship and forever putting an end to the "asterisk" title debate. most sports writers, experts, players, coaches, and fans have always considered the 1999 NBA season to be nothing more than a joke and deserving of an asterisk next to it and this 2012 season will be no different. however with the Spurs being the winning team of the joke of a championship in 1999 and possibly being the winning team this season, they will finally deserve a legit 4th NBA title (.5 credit for 1999 and .5 credit for 2012).

however if any other team wins the championship this season then just like the 1999 championship it will not be taken seriously and will forever hold an asterisk and .5 credit next to it. the Spurs are the only team who this does not apply to.

Reck
05-08-2012, 02:17 AM
Flawed logic.

mavsfan1000
05-08-2012, 02:24 AM
2012 is also an asterisks though.

BRHornet45
05-08-2012, 02:46 AM

son did you read the post?

whitemamba
05-08-2012, 02:50 AM

+1

pass1st
05-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Son, that's flawless logic. You can also add that they would finally repeat by defending their 1999 asterisk

ChumpDumper
05-08-2012, 02:59 AM
lol NBA forum fears the Spurs.

FkLA
05-08-2012, 03:06 AM
Son, youd love to have half a title dont even lie.

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2012, 03:08 AM
callin 99 asterix is bullshit, every playoff team was playing their hearts out

the teams that failed, will always make excuses....

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 03:10 AM
If If If.....Tim Duncan's Dad wears a condom than the Spurs are still title-less. There are hundreds of situations that change the course of a team's history.

Technique
05-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Sick copypasta bro

Jacob1983
05-08-2012, 03:16 AM
It's still a title but there has to be an asterisk or some type of indication saying that it was during a 66 game season. The asterisk for this season's championship is on the players for not getting a deal done sooner. They knew that the owners weren't going to budge or cave and they didn't want to accept it right away so they bitched and moaned and acted like immature spoiled divas. Look at all the injuries that happened in the regular season and the playoffs. The shit is on the players for apparently wanting to play a 66 game season instead of the normal 82.

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Sick copypasta bro
Moral is high in SPUR LAND

I like the silver & black

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2012, 03:25 AM
It's still a title but there has to be an asterisk or some type of indication saying that it was during a 66 game season. The asterisk for this season's championship is on the players for not getting a deal done sooner. They knew that the owners weren't going to budge or cave and they didn't want to accept it right away so they bitched and moaned and acted like immature spoiled divas. Look at all the injuries that happened in the regular season and the playoffs. The shit is on the players for apparently wanting to play a 66 game season instead of the normal 82.

whether it was 66 or 82, the correct teams are being represented if you go by selective selection....

Jacob1983
05-08-2012, 03:28 AM
True but there should be some type of indication showing that only that season was only 66 games. I do think it's funny how this shit is only mentioned in the NBA. The NHL and MLB had champions in strike shortened seasons but no one ever mentions it.

BlairForceDejuan
05-08-2012, 03:40 AM
The classfilled are not concerned with the classless' flawed butthurt logic.

LnGrrrR
05-08-2012, 04:24 AM
I give this trollpost an A+.

Rummpd
05-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Normally mad respect for BR but lame thread - it may be actually harder to win a title in a condensed season as the teams are not as worn out (although this year might be an exception) as after a 82 game season and teams got to make savy adjustments and games take on more importance in the regular season just to make the playoffs with a good seed. Hell if Kobe or James or Durant or Paul wins a tilte there will be no BS of * on the 4 letter network but since the Spurs going to mop up the rest of the way and win this easily there will be all kinds of lame stuff about the Spurs again.

LkrFan
05-08-2012, 06:20 AM
:lol

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 06:27 AM
hell if kobe or james or durant or paul wins a tilte there will be no bs of * on the 4 letter network

wgaf?

The Batman
05-08-2012, 06:41 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/cgreene4154/2qn9sol.gif

Otaku
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
sons the San Antonio Spurs are in a very unique position this season. they have a very good chance of winning their 4th NBA championship and forever putting an end to the "asterisk" title debate. most sports writers, experts, players, coaches, and fans have always considered the 1999 NBA season to be nothing more than a joke and deserving of an asterisk next to it and this 2012 season will be no different. however with the Spurs being the winning team of the joke of a championship in 1999 and possibly being the winning team this season, they will finally deserve a legit 4th NBA title (.5 credit for 1999 and .5 credit for 2012).

however if any other team wins the championship this season then just like the 1999 championship it will not be taken seriously and will forever hold an asterisk and .5 credit next to it. the Spurs are the only team who this does not apply to.

How much would you give for NO to have an asterisk? :rolleyes:rolleyes

J.T.
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Sons I realize BRHornet would just be happy with a Western Conference Finalist banner hanging in the rafters at the Katrina Center but let's not humor him with believing that all these sports writers, players, coaches and fans wholesale think the Spurs 99 title has an asterisk when that business was wholly perpetuated by Phil Jackson and later piggybacked on by Bill Simmons. Laker Fan and the hordes of butthurt Not Spur Fan just say it because they know it pisses of Spur Fan of the grey named variety. Let trolling piss you off more tbh

spursfan1000
05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Don't feed the attention whore, btw spurs have more championships then hornets ever will

Leetonidas
05-08-2012, 09:14 AM
lol BR's tired shitck :lol

tesseractive
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
They all have asterisks. And the fine print reads "nobody gives a fuck about titles unless they're won by the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, or Heat." And you know what? I couldn't care less. Any season we get to make ABC cry because we lay waste to their finals ratings is a damn fine season as far as I'm concerned.

Throw on all the asterisks you want. I'll still take the title with a song in my heart.

Shastafarian
05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I give this trollpost an A+.

In amount of responses it will get maybe but BR has much better than this.

Spur_Fanatic
05-08-2012, 11:14 AM
They all have asterisks. And the fine print reads "nobody gives a fuck about titles unless they're won by the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, or Heat." And you know what? I couldn't care less. Any season we get to make ABC cry because we lay waste to their finals ratings is a damn fine season as far as I'm concerned.

Throw on all the asterisks you want. I'll still take the title with a song in my heart.

This. Said that, Spurs have no chance in hell to win a title this year.
Thunder are good, Lakers are big, Clippers flop. We are screwed.

TampaDude
05-08-2012, 11:51 AM

^ this

When it's rung, it's rung. No *, just :lobt2:

DJB
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
lol NBA forum fears the Spurs.

Blatantly.

WeNeedLength
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
BR is becoming a TOSB himself. We should make a post comparing him to lakaluva comparing the two's stats and claim why lakaluva is the better troller right now.

TOSB BR :lol
Over the hill troller :lol
Reaching :lol
Spirit :lol

davethedope
05-08-2012, 06:57 PM

Your logic is flawless.

DeadlyDynasty
05-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Good to see the usual suspects predictably take the bait.

Stalin
05-08-2012, 07:15 PM
br provide that butthurt, without even trying, preach it son

pass1st
05-08-2012, 07:19 PM
br provide that butthurt, without even trying, preach it son

'Sup Stalin

WW2 was an asterisk

(*Lend-Lease)

Stalin
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
'Sup Stalin

WW2 was an asterisk

(*Lend-Lease)

sup brah, yes, i'm sure some shitty american trucks full of spam won the greatest war the world has ever seen, and not the most successfull dictator in history :lol

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Stalin: thoughts on Bolsheviks?

Stalin
05-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Stalin: thoughts on Bolsheviks?

Saved the human race from z evil nazis. Does anyone appreciate? Of course not. Ungratefull americans! Then again, what else is new?

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Saved the human race from z evil nazis. Does anyone appreciate? Of course not. Ungratefull americans! Then again, what else is new?
I meant the party from 1880-1990.....the communist party. it could very well be argued the Communist party hijacked Russia for 100 years & while yes they defeated the Nazi's look at the Russian genocides. The family murder of the Romanov's. 68+ Million Russians murdered?

At what cost? Your beautiful women are sold online because you have no men

Stalin
05-08-2012, 08:00 PM
I meant the party from 1880-1990.....the communist party. it could very well be argued the Communist party hijacked Russia for 100 years & while yes they defeated the Nazi's look at the Russian genocides. The family murder of the Romanov's. 68+ Russians murdered?

At what cost? Your beautiful women are sold online because you have no men

Thats exactly what I meant as well. Brah, I don't blame you, I blame your american high school education, for your misguided opinions. At the time of Nazi attack upon the peacefull nation of soviet russia, you do realize that Hitler had control over all of europe(other than england), and had the most powerfull army history had ever seen. Romanovs were fucking primitive, decadent and useless, they would have been swept away, and the whole world would have been under nazi occupation. It would take a nasty motherfucker like Stalin to defeat someone as evil as Hitler, and his unholy legions. You should be thankfull, otherwise Venti and DD wouldn't be the only ones screaming, Seig Heil!!

p.s. 68 deaths? is that all? don't make me laugh scrah, check my resume instead :lol

Will Hunting
05-08-2012, 08:03 PM
:lol newcastleKEG acts like some American hating rebel who's moving to Europe but has an opinion about "communism" as ignorant and mainstream as the average American.

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Thats exactly what I meant as well. Brah, I don't blame you, I blame your american high school education, for your misguided opinions. At the time of Nazi attack upon the peacefull nation of soviet russia, you do realize that Hitler had control over all of europe(other than england), and had the most powerfull army history had ever seen. Romanovs were fucking primitive, decadent and useless, they would have been swept away, and the whole world would have been under nazi occupation. It would take a nasty motherfucker like Stalin to defeat someone as evil as Hitler, and his unholy legions. You should be thankfull, otherwise Venti and DD wouldn't be the only ones screaming, Seig Heil!!

p.s. 68 deaths? is that all? don't make me laugh scrah, check my resume instead :lol
Edited: 68+ Million Russians

My question has nothing to do with Nazi's or America. I'm talking about the inner struggle within Russia. To murder 60+ Million of your own people is quite drastic don't you believe?

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 08:14 PM
:lol newcastleKEG acts like some American hating rebel who's moving to Europe but has an opinion about "communism" as ignorant and mainstream as the average American.
I lost family members to both Hitler & Stalin

Within European circles, there isn't much difference between the two. In America Hitler is some boogey man

Stalin
05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
soviet russia has plenty of beautiful women, are you actually complaining that we wish to improve the world gene pool? on the other hand you americans let retards like koolaids, run about and fuck it all up

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 08:28 PM
soviet russia has plenty of beautiful women, are you actually complaining that we wish to improve the world gene pool? on the other hand you americans let retards like koolaids, run about and fuck it all up
I'm saying after doing research & discussing with Russians, Stalin & especially Lenin's legacies are put into question

I think most people have this perception of Russia always being communist/dictator ruled but Communism has a very short history in Russia & it's overall accomplishments WITHIN Russia have to be put into question.

You are aware of Lenin's Jewish ties & him trying & in some cases successfully changing Russian holidays & history.

Lenin wasn't a real Russian

Stalin
05-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Edited: 68+ Million Russians

My question has nothing to do with Nazi's or America. I'm talking about the inner struggle within Russia. To murder 60+ Million of your own people is quite drastic don't you believe?

68 mil, give me a break scrah, try more like 15-20 mill, in either case, does it even matter? what is the alternative? remain a backwater society and get annialated by the nazi war machine instead? sometimes you have to make tough choices for the greater good, if thats how many it took to protect the motherland, then so be it, and i'm actually russian when i say this, you do realize nazi didn't even see russians as human, there would be no russia if hitler conquered, not only that, the whole world would be fucked if he hitler succeded, unless of course you think the us would have been of some use an ocean away? what did they send on dday? a pathetic 5 divisions

Will Hunting
05-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I lost family members to both Hitler & Stalin

Within European circles, there isn't much difference between the two. In America Hitler is some boogey man
:lol using Stalin as the barometer for what communism is would be like using son of Sam as the barometer for how all Jews are :lmao

Stalin
05-08-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm saying after doing research & discussing with Russians, Stalin & especially Lenin's legacies are put into question

I think most people have this perception of Russia always being communist/dictator ruled but Communism has a very short history in Russia & it's overall accomplishments WITHIN Russia have to be put into question.

You are aware of Lenin's Jewish ties & him trying & in some cases successfully changing Russian holidays & history.

Lenin wasn't a real Russian

im well aware of this, i'm russian, and i've read a ton of world history in general, who gives a shit about some holidays, or if there were jews running about, stalin was a georgian, for fucks sakes, the point is there would be no russia to talk about, without stalin's leadership, despite his "faults"

Will Hunting
05-08-2012, 08:35 PM

:lol exactly

People say communism is what was wrong with Russia when the real problem was brutal, totalitarian dictators

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 08:36 PM
68 mil, give me a break scrah, try more like 15-20 mill, in either case, does it even matter? what is the alternative? remain a backwater society and get annialated by the nazi war machine instead? sometimes you have to make tough choices for the greater good, if thats how many it took to protect the motherland, then so be it, and i'm actually russian when i say this, you do realize nazi didn't even see russians as human, there would be no russia if hitler conquered, not only that, the whole world would be fucked if he hitler succeded, unless of course you think the us would have been of some use an ocean away? what did they send on dday? a pathetic 5 divisions
Have you read war transcripts from American military?

They openly questioned if they were fighting on the right side because the Russian troops & their generals were viewed as primitive animals. The whole raping of Berlin for example.....other nations had to step in to stop the Russians after a certain point it was getting out of control. If the women ran she would get shot, if she didn't run she would be raped.

My Polish grandmother stated the Russians were the worst. They were Mongols & whenever she put on the radio they were amazed.

Stalin
05-08-2012, 08:38 PM
bottom line the world would be fucked if hitler won, and instead of nitpicking you should be thankfull, son

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
bottom line the world would be fucked if hitler won, and instead of nitpicking you should be thankfull, son
Many argue America should have continued East & fought Russia

Stalin
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Have you read war transcripts from American military?

They openly questioned if they were fighting on the right side because the Russian troops & their generals were viewed as primitive animals. The whole raping of Berlin for example.....other nations had to step in to stop the Russians after a certain point it was getting out of control. If the women ran she would get shot, if she didn't run she would be raped.

My Polish grandmother stated the Russians were the worst. They were Mongols & whenever she put on the radio they were amazed.

why didn't the us come over and defeat the nazis? why did they let the "primitive animals" do all the work? your complaints make me :lol

Stalin
05-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Many argue America should have continued East & fought Russia

lol they would have been destroyed, at the time of raping of berlin, russia had the most battle tested and experienced army, with the most equipment, america's power base an ocean away, your knowledge is lacking to say the least, seriously

pass1st
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
sup brah, yes, i'm sure some shitty american trucks full of spam won the greatest war the world has ever seen, and not the most successfull dictator in history :lol

Stalin, let's be fair here bro

Without those trucks, there would be no way you could transport all those soldiers so quickly to their death.

Stalin
05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Stalin, let's be fair here bro

Without those trucks, there would be no way you could transport all those soldiers so quickly to their death.

:lol there is some truth to that

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
lol they would have been destroyed, at the time of raping of berlin, russia had the most battle tested and experienced army, with the most equipment, america's power base an ocean away, your knowledge is lacking to say the least, seriously
George S Patton

"The difficulty in understanding the Russians is that we do not take cognizance of the fact that he is not a European, but an Asiatic, and therefore thinks deviously. We can no more understand a Russian than a Chinaman or a Japanese, and from what I have seen of them, I have no particular desire to understand them, except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk. "

"We're going to have to fight the Russians eventually anyway. It might as well be now while we've already got the army here to do it. "

""I understand the situation. Their (the Soviet) supply system is inadequate to maintain them in a serious action such as I could put to them. They have chickens in the coop and cattle on the hoof -- that's their supply system. They could probably maintain themselves in the type of fighting I could give them for rive days. After that it would make no difference how many million men they have, and if you wanted Moscow I could give it to you. They lived on the land coming down. There is insufficient left for them to maintain themselves going back. Let's not give them time to build up their supplies. If we do, then . . . we have had a victory over the Germans and disarmed them, but we have failed in the liberation of Europe; we have lost the war!"

""I have never seen in any army at any time, including the German Imperial Army of 1912, as severe discipline as exists in the Russian army. The officers, with few exceptions, give the appearance of recently civilized Mongolian bandits." "

"In my opinion, the American Army as it now exists could beat the Russians with the greatest of ease, because, while the Russians have good infantry, they are lacking in artillery, air, tanks, and in the knowledge of the use of the combined arms, whereas we excel in all three of these. If it should be necessary to right the Russians, the sooner we do it the better." Two days later he repeated his concern when he wrote his wife: "If we have to fight them, now is the time. From now on we will get weaker and they stronger."

tlongII
05-08-2012, 09:09 PM
BR is using solid logic tbh. 0.5 + 0.5 = 1

tesseractive
05-08-2012, 09:09 PM
George S Patton

"The difficulty in understanding the Russians is that we do not take cognizance of the fact that he is not a European, but an Asiatic, and therefore thinks deviously. We can no more understand a Russian than a Chinaman or a Japanese, and from what I have seen of them, I have no particular desire to understand them, except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk. "

"We're going to have to fight the Russians eventually anyway. It might as well be now while we've already got the army here to do it. "

""I understand the situation. Their (the Soviet) supply system is inadequate to maintain them in a serious action such as I could put to them. They have chickens in the coop and cattle on the hoof -- that's their supply system. They could probably maintain themselves in the type of fighting I could give them for rive days. After that it would make no difference how many million men they have, and if you wanted Moscow I could give it to you. They lived on the land coming down. There is insufficient left for them to maintain themselves going back. Let's not give them time to build up their supplies. If we do, then . . . we have had a victory over the Germans and disarmed them, but we have failed in the liberation of Europe; we have lost the war!"

""I have never seen in any army at any time, including the German Imperial Army of 1912, as severe discipline as exists in the Russian army. The officers, with few exceptions, give the appearance of recently civilized Mongolian bandits." "

"In my opinion, the American Army as it now exists could beat the Russians with the greatest of ease, because, while the Russians have good infantry, they are lacking in artillery, air, tanks, and in the knowledge of the use of the combined arms, whereas we excel in all three of these. If it should be necessary to right the Russians, the sooner we do it the better." Two days later he repeated his concern when he wrote his wife: "If we have to fight them, now is the time. From now on we will get weaker and they stronger."

Classic blunder. Never fight a land war in Asia.

Stalin
05-08-2012, 09:28 PM
George S Patton

thats one american generals opinion, so what? the majority were not as deluded thankfully for you, he also happened to have a convinient accident that claimed his life after those aggressive comments, looks like not all your leadership was as foolish in thinking you could win a war after russia beat the greatest army in history

An excerpt from a TOAOW doc :

"[...]Only the defeat of the Red Army would win the war, and with each year that passed, it was an army that would become stronger and stronger until it was largely invincible at the end of the war, the strongest military force on Earth. If Patton had gotten his wish to deal with the Russians at the close of World War II, it is very likely that the Soviet generals would have handed him his head!"

In a hypothetical situation, IF the USA kept fighting against the USSR after WW2, what would have happened?

I think the Russians would have won with their 7 million+ infantry, 18000+ tanks (with 4000+ IS 2s, not to mention the IS-3s which would be used) and 200000 arty pieces, but it would have been a great war of attrition vs the US's 5 million soldiers, 10000+ tanks (the pershings and super variants would see much use probably) and comparable number of arty.

It would have been a great fight, that's for sure. I think the logistics would support the USSR better as their resource base was closer than the Soviets.

as well as some more of patton's valuable opinions below

Patton's initial impressions of the Jews were not improved when he attended a Jewish religious service at Eisenhower's insistence. His diary entry for September 17, 1945, reads in part: "This happened to be the feast of Yom Kippur, so they were all collected in a large, wooden building, which they called a synagogue. It behooved General Eisenhower to make a speech to them. We entered the synagogue, which was packed with the greatest stinking bunch of humanity I have ever seen. When we got about halfway up, the head rabbi, who was dressed in a fur hat similar to that worn by Henry VIII of England and in a surplice heavily embroidered and very filthy, came down and met the General . . . The smell was so terrible that I almost fainted and actually about three hours later lost my lunch as the result of remembering it."

These experiences and a great many others firmly convinced Patton that the Jews were an especially unsavory variety of creature and hardly deserving of all the official concern the American government was bestowing on them.

:lol taking a dumbass like patton seriously, give me a break scrah

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Doesn't seem like Patton stated anything falsely

Stalin
05-08-2012, 09:36 PM
patton always talked big, but he was used to fighting a depleted and defeated nazi army, not a raging steamroller that the red army was in 1945, that actually won wwII, US was a sideshow, just look at the number of soldiers and materiel involved in their "battles" in comparison to when russia and germany faced of, don't make me laugh, brah

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 09:39 PM
patton always talked big, but he was used to fighting a depleted and defeated nazi army, not a raging steamroller that the red army was in 1945, that actually won wwII, US was a sideshow, just look at the number of soldiers and materiel involved in their "battles" in comparison to when russia and germany faced of, don't make me laugh, brah
You are mistaking me, I am not cheer leading the US. As their effect in the European War is greatly exaggerated in this country

Stalin
05-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Doesn't seem like Patton stated anything falsely

if he was right, why didn't any other american generals agree with him, and take up his cause? why only him? why did he have a convenient accident after making those claims? even he says that the red army would be too powerfull unless attacked immediatelly, russia survived the might of a full strength, experienced, nazi army that just conquered all of europe in 1941, you think they could not have taken on a relatively green outnumbered and outgunned american army in europe an ocean away from their homeland? you show your ignorance over and over, you sound like a butthurt polack, guess that explain these weak attempts of yours

Stalin
05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
You are mistaking me, I am not cheer leading the US. As their effect in the European War is greatly exaggerated in this country

finally you're starting to make sense, better late then never

BRHornet45
05-08-2012, 09:48 PM
sons it doesn't matter which team won a shortened season championship they deserve an asterisk next to it. the Spurs just so happen to be the 1999 asterisk season champions and have an opportunity to take advantage and win another one.

any team that has ever won a shortened season championship in any sport did so by taking the easy route. those "championships" are simply not in the same category as a regular season championship. its the easy way out.

Ace
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
66 games or 82 games regular season means nothing, don't make excuses for failing to win...

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
if he was right, why didn't any other american generals agree with him, and take up his cause? why only him? why did he have a convenient accident after making those claims? even he says that the red army would be too powerfull unless attacked immediatelly, russia survived the might of a full strength, experienced, nazi army that just conquered all of europe in 1941, you think they could not have taken on a relatively green outnumbered and outgunned american army in europe an ocean away from their homeland? you show your ignorance over and over, you sound like a butthurt polack, guess that explain these weak attempts of yours
Couldn't USA have simply dropped an Atomic Bomb on Russia within a few years time?

cesare borgia
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
finally you're starting to make sense, better late then never

What do you think of Trotsky?

Stalin
05-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Couldn't USA have simply dropped an Atomic Bomb on Russia within a few years time?

russia had their own nukes as of 1947, in 1945 us didn't have that many to make a difference, how many died from nukes in japan? couple of hundred thousand if that, i believe, you think russia would have sued for peace after those casualties, when millions died in wwII vs germany?

DMC
05-08-2012, 10:02 PM
lol thinking the Spurs are going to win the ring.

TE
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
66 games or 82 games regular season means nothing, don't make excuses for failing to win...

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
russia had their own nukes as of 1947, in 1945 us didn't have that many to make a difference, how many died from nukes in japan? couple of hundred thousand if that, i believe, you think russia would have sued for peace after those casualties, when millions died in wwII vs germany?
Gotcha. Under this make believe scenario the US would have to bomb Russia as trying to fight Russia/Japan would be too difficult

Anyway, England was in shambles & Churchill's bending over to Stalin did not help matters with Truman especially

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-08-2012, 10:04 PM
At first glance, I thought this was a thread from 2006.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
If three titles in 2003, 2005 and 2007 weren't sufficient to erase the asterisk from 1999 (by the flawed logic of people who think so,) then why would another title in 2012 do the trick?

NewcastleKEG
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
If three titles in 2003, 2005 and 2007 weren't sufficient to erase the asterisk from 1999 (by the flawed logic of people who think so,) then why would another title in 2012 do the trick?
I believe he went to the Culbert school of math

1999 = 0.5 title
2012 = 0.5 titles
====================
1.0 Title (4th title)

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-08-2012, 10:12 PM
By the way, Russia's demographic crisis is going to be very severe decades down the road. It'll be extremely difficult for a population of perhaps only 100-120 million to adequately patrol, populate, occupy and govern a land nearly twice the size of the United States, especially in the Far East.

tesseractive
05-08-2012, 10:17 PM
By the way, Russia's demographic crisis is going to be very severe decades down the road. It'll be extremely difficult for a population of perhaps only 100-120 million to adequately patrol, populate, occupy and govern a land nearly twice the size of the United States, especially in the Far East.

Canada has 34 million people and they seem to manage ok.

Leetonidas
05-08-2012, 10:20 PM

tbh I more thankful Truman said fuck those ch!nks and flexed nuts so the whole world knew who the fuck they were dealing with :hat

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Canada has 34 million people and they seem to manage ok.

Canada faces far fewer territorial threats. Canada shares borders with only one nation, the United States, and the two neighbors are at peace with each other. Few if any nations threaten Canada militarily. And even still, you could make the case that Canada could use a lot more people.

Russia faces sticky security issues on all sides. Russia is facing a strategic rival/partner on its far East, China, who vastly outnumbers it. Russia shares borders with 12 nations. Russia faces NATO on its west, a 28-nation alliance that was historically made to contain Russia/the USSR. Russia has issues with the Chechens on the south, and also claims the Kurile Islands on its far East which Japan claims as well. On top of that there's the issue of the North Koreans at the Yalu River, also on Russia's border.

The_Worlds_finest
05-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Lol at Anti spurs sons whining about lock out titles

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Finally, let's compare some stats:

United States GDP: $14 trillion.
Russia GDP: $1.4 trillion.

United States defense spending: Over $500 billion.
Russia defense spending: Over $60 billion.

United States population: Over 300 million.
Russia population: Over 140 million.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2012, 11:51 PM
SONS no future at all and 0 titles for your team SONS............. Oh yeah your football team is fucked too lol.

BRHornet45
05-09-2012, 12:00 AM
SONS no future at all and 0 titles for your team SONS............. Oh yeah your football team is fucked too lol.

son how is your football team doing?

oh and son how is that green card application process going?

Spursfan092120
05-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Every team played the same amount of games...every team tried to win the title. '99 wasn't an asterisk...2012 won't be either. Anyway, even if it was, I'd rock that banner any day of the week, and so would any of you hypocrites that aren't fans of the silver and black

Spursfan092120
05-09-2012, 12:28 AM
son how is your football team doing?

oh and son how is that green card application process going?

Son, that's not like you...laid to waste so you have to change the subject? What's up with that?

DMC
05-09-2012, 12:34 AM
BR, here's to many more years of low priced season tickets for you. I hope you get floor seats for 30 a season. :toast

Jacob1983
05-09-2012, 12:54 AM
How can you not say that the 1999 championship does not deserve an asterisk or note indicating that the season was only 50 games? This championship will also need an asterisk to indicate that the season was only 66 games. Why are Spurs' fans so insecure and anal about this shit? No one is going to take the trophies and banners away.

BRHornet45
05-09-2012, 02:26 AM
BR, here's to many more years of low priced season tickets for you. I hope you get floor seats for 30 a season. :toast

lol the Spurs have hundreds of $2.00 playoff tickets available to try and fill the arena up.

tesseractive
05-09-2012, 02:40 AM
How can you not say that the 1999 championship does not deserve an asterisk or note indicating that the season was only 50 games? This championship will also need an asterisk to indicate that the season was only 66 games. Why are Spurs' fans so insecure and anal about this shit? No one is going to take the trophies and banners away.

The playoffs work the same regardless of how many regular season games there were. TBH, it seems like putting an asterisk by older titles saying that first round series were Best of 5 instead of Best of 7, or an asterisk that says that the title occurred before the introduction of the 3-point shot. Those were the rules that season, and the team that won was the best under those rules.

Jacob1983
05-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Spurs fans think that an * is the kiss of death or something. It's not bad. It just indicates the amount of games played and is mainly used for record keeping. Embrace the *

tesseractive
05-09-2012, 03:57 AM
Spurs fans think that an * is the kiss of death or something. It's not bad. It just indicates the amount of games played and is mainly used for record keeping. Embrace the *

Attach an asterisk if you want. As I've posted elsewhere, it doesn't bother me. I'm just saying that for me, as long as the rules are set by the league ahead of time and all the teams play by the same rules, one set of rules is as good as any other.

On the other hand, if it turns out that the winner was engaged in Olympic-style blood doping or the losing team was shaving points or something, then I'd attach a big fat asterisk.

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Not 82 games

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MNL/1950.html

Asterisk after every season since?

Stalin
05-09-2012, 04:56 PM
What do you think of Trotsky?

trotsky and stalin were the two successors of lenin, trotsky was just a pussy ass intelectual, he wasn't strong enough to lead the party, or russa for that matter, stalin ousted him rather easily, and later had him assissinated

LoneStarState'sPride
05-09-2012, 04:59 PM
8.5/10

Stalin
05-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Gotcha. Under this make believe scenario the US would have to bomb Russia as trying to fight Russia/Japan would be too difficult

Anyway, England was in shambles & Churchill's bending over to Stalin did not help matters with Truman especially

I also don't think nukes would not be as effective vs russia, because in japan they were dropped on two civilian cities who's population was concentrated. As well as, nukes were not as devastating then as they are today, since americans just started producing them, they were more of a psychological weapon. On the battlefield troops are more spread out, and so the casualty figures would not be as impressive as when you use them against concentrated civilians. Another thing, if americans started using them, russians would have sped up their own nuclear program, thereby getting them even sooner then they did historically, in order to repay the favour.

here's a good post from a military forum

"I've been a lurker here for awhile, but I just can't resist a good hypothetical discussion ;p

In my opinion, it is a rather complex issue. Rumors were abound that the Soviets were "spent" however, I think you have to be cautious when you interpret "spent". In this war, I don't think you can count on the Canadians or the Brits for any serious extra input in terms of manpower. The Commonwealth was already stretching the limit just meeting its requirements for D-Day. I think it would have come down to one thing really, the Soviets vastly outnumbered the allies in terms of raw manpower. Add to that the Soviet armies were forged in the most ruthless fighting of the war, they were used to an entirely different level of hardship and fighting that the Allies for all intents and purposes were never exposed to luckily. It is my personal opinion that the Allies would have been thrown out of Europe rather promptly and that would have ended the entire war there. The civilian outcry at losing such a massive force against a one time "ally" probably would put the breaks on any future endeavors.

There are other intangables, such as nukes, but I really feel that despite the use of nukes, the Soviets were absolutely resolved at this point in their history to not give up, especially after coming so close to utter defeat and rally back to win through.

If the allies managed to somehow hang on in Europe, and prolong the war, I think then, and only then would the allies have a chance. However that would have entailed the US entering a state of total war, in which every able bodied man aside from Farmers was conscripted and packed off to europe wholesale. Only then would I believe the allies would have had the men on the ground to batter back the "spent" Soviets ;p

I just feel that, the Soviets had been through so much, to let a miniscule force compared to what they had defeated, take ultimate salvation away from them."

Stalin
05-09-2012, 05:25 PM
tbh I more thankful Truman said fuck those ch!nks and flexed nuts so the whole world knew who the fuck they were dealing with :hat
nuking japs wasn't even necessary, after beating the germans in 1945, russia turned its eyes on the japs occupying china in the east, and overrun them with the outmost ease, japs were fucked either way, tbh

Brazil
05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Russia did also a find job fucking Napoleon great army... fucking winter

Stalin
05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
history has shown holding its borders isn't an issue, russia has been a nation for 1600 years, US for only 300, and has far more enemies in the world than russia at this time, no one is denying that US is number one at this point, but your country is very young, so lets see what the future holds, will you be able to keep your dominant position over the long haul? on the other hand, russia has already shown it can survive the ups and downs that time brings, to say the least

lol chechens

anonoftheinternets
05-09-2012, 05:47 PM

son did you read the post?

after all the effort ...

:rollin

Stalin
05-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Russia did also a find job fucking Napoleon great army... fucking winter

i know brah, napoleon whooped all of europe's ass, then tried invading russia with his grand army of 600000+ troops, got to moscow, fought a stalemate battle at borodino, retreated during winter, and came back with only 20000+ troops, hitler actually studied napoleons invasion extensivelly when planning his attack on russia

anonoftheinternets
05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
also: Every season from here on in might be an "asterisk" by this logic.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/18994078/stern-will-raise-issue-of-making-shorter-season-permanent

Brazil
05-09-2012, 06:11 PM
i know brah, napoleon whooped all of europe's ass, then tried invading russia with his grand army of 600000+ troops, got to moscow, fought a stalemate battle at borodino, retreated during winter, and came back with only 20000+ troops, hitler actually studied napoleons invasion extensivelly when planning his attack on russia

typical French arrogance tbh. Napoleon could have stopped his madness and reinforce his frontiers instead of trying to get mother Russia in her nest. Bad move.

In a sense it's like when the French dude Messier who wanted to control Universal Studio... the fool... freaking Yankees raped his ass. Arrogance is the main French flaw by far.. Not that arrogance didn't serve at times the people of France, remember my n*gga De Gaulle inviting himself to the winner table and occupied Berlin with the Brits and the Yankees... that was pure gold tbh.

Big respect for the General making loosers winners to fuck few years later NATO saying fuck that shit.

Russia and France have a long story of ups and downs, we are survivors still here to fuck around dat Yankees. Now we are ready to screw a bit the new most powerful country in the world, my chinese n*gga. US empire is on decline they will taste soon the good flavor of decadence

Stalin
05-09-2012, 06:23 PM
typical French arrogance tbh. Napoleon could have stopped his madness and reinforce his frontiers instead of trying to get mother Russia in her nest. Bad move.

In a sense it's like when the French dude Messier who wanted to control Universal Studio... the fool... freaking Yankees raped his ass. Arrogance is the main French flaw by far.. Not that arrogance didn't serve at times the people of France, remember my n*gga De Gaulle inviting himself to the winner table and occupied Berlin with the Brits and the Yankees... that was pure gold tbh.

Big respect for the General making loosers winners to fuck few years later NATO saying fuck that shit.

Russia and France have a long story of ups and downs, we are survivors still here to fuck around dat Yankees. Now we are ready to screw a bit the new most powerful country in the world, my chinese n*gga. US empire is on decline they will taste soon the good flavor of decadence

indeed, other than being pussies in wwII, the french have had an illustrious history, i'm a big fan of napoleon, he was a true genious, i've read a couple of his biographies, he was awesome in his youth, the way he took out austria on his road to dominating europe, was trully impressive

Brazil
05-09-2012, 06:35 PM
indeed, other than being pussies in wwII, the french have had an illustrious history, i'm a big fan of napoleon, he was a true genious, i've read a couple of his biographies, he was awesome in his youth, the way he took out austria on his road to dominating europe, was trully impressive

Napoleon is kinda underated tbh. Most people just know the military genius and forget the visionary and the politician, the metric system (only these dumb fuck of English and Yankees didn't see the interest, the rest of the world is using it), the civil code, Europe frontiers definition, the unification of Italy, Germany... he has emancipated the jews, make a reality of the separation between government and religion.

He would have been proud of De Gaulle

Great dictator tbh :cry

Venti Quattro
05-09-2012, 06:36 PM
:lmao Vichy France

pass1st
05-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Napoleon is kinda underated tbh. Most people just know the military genius and forget the visionary and the politician, the metric system (only these dumb fuck of English and Yankees didn't see the interest, the rest of the world is using it), the civil code, Europe frontiers definition, the unification of Italy, Germany... he has emancipated the jews, make a reality of the separation between government and religion.

He still would have gotten dunked on by Jeremy Lin

Stalin
05-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Completelly agree :toast

he's up there with the greatest men history has ever produced

pass1st
05-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Completelly agree :toast

he's up there with the greatest men history has ever produced

'Sup Stalin, top 5 men in history have to be...

1. Caligula
2. Mengele
3. Vlad III
4. Stalin
5. Pol Pot

Stalin
05-09-2012, 06:58 PM

1. Caligula
2. Mengele
3. Vlad III
4. Stalin
5. Pol Pot

what the...?!!

:lol you always troll me, brah

....carry on

tesseractive
05-09-2012, 06:59 PM

1. Caligula
2. Mengele
3. Vlad III
4. Stalin
5. Pol Pot

Why all the Caligula hate? :lol

Brazil
05-09-2012, 07:01 PM
:lmao Vichy France

:lol Saigon US embassy