PDA

View Full Version : One sweep done, line up the next sweep!

Rummpd
05-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Nothing is impossible for this motivated team including sweeping the competition into the WCF and beyond. How can anyone doubth this based on the dominating fashion that they have finished the regular season and began the playoffs? Even when the Spurs had their first relatively bad game in two weeks and let up the gas a few times against the Jazz, they still won by six on the road against a team with an excellent home record.

Therefore, either opponent (I predicted the Clipps before the playoffs would beat the over-hyped Grizz) will need to bring their A game or da Spurs going to get out the brooms again!

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 05:56 AM
LA and Memphis are quite a bit better than Utah. The Spurs better be ready to get punched in the mouth during the next round, because the playoffs aren't ever this easy after the first round.

Rapper
05-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Spurs in 6

and Timmy will be the all-time block playoffs leader after that series

silverblk mystix
05-08-2012, 06:36 AM
It will be the Spurs first time to be tested. How will they respond?

Horse
05-08-2012, 07:04 AM
I would say get ready to be slapped in the mouth, as long as we counter with a punch we'll be fine. I know we had that one weird game we stole. But the first game we dominated them and they needed mo williams to have the game of his life and Tony to sit out to beat us.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-08-2012, 07:28 AM
I disagree. The Jazz are a young team but they are just as talented as the Clips and Grizz.

The Jazz have one the of biggest and most talented frontcourts in the NBA right now with Al, Favors, Millsaps and Kanter.

The Spurs despite Corbin going big, still dominated most of last nights game. Factor in that the Clips have only Hill (nonscorer)/Griffin/Aging Martin; the Lakers have Bynum/Gasol (Spurs know how to beat them); Grizz have Gasol/Randolph (who has been his oldself since the injury; and OKC who just have Collinson/Ibaka, there is no team that is going to give the Spurs as much fits as the Jazz did last night. This Spurs team is just too deep.

How many teams can say that their starters can shot only a combined 27% in a playoff game, on the road (top 3 toughest places to win IMO), against a desperate team and still win. More than likely NADA.

Fail, and you're going to see next round how wrong you are. The Jazz have no defense and no shooting, and precious little athleticism on their front line outside of Favors.

You also forgot DeAndre Jordan and Reggie Evans for the Clips. Just the starting center. No big deal.

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 08:09 AM
I disagree. The Jazz are a young team but they are just as talented as the Clips and Grizz.

:lol :lol :lol in a typical GNSF fashion

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
There's a reason why the Jazz are the 8th seed in the West. You're just getting blinded with the Memphis case from last year. :lol

They are not a good playoff team, period.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Really, is that why they have victories against the Lakers, Heat, OKC, Dallas, Grizz, Clips etc. because they just suck.

NO DEFENSE. I think outside of the Bulls, no team this year completely shut the Spurs down offensively. Don't mistaken no defense of the Jazz with the Offensive juggernaut the Spurs are.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/05/07/31687_boxscore.html

23 and 21 points from the Grizz and Clips bench last night, and yes, that is pretty much the NBA avg. Spurs have been averaging over 40 points per game from their bench over the last 20+ games and that didn't let up against the Jazz.

That is why when the Spurs starters are hot, it usually means they are going to blowout the other team, which was definitely the case of games 1 and 2 of this series. And the Spurs starters aren't hot, well the bench can carry this team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/brian_hendrickson/05/07/spurs.jazz.game.4/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a0

The Spurs are just that good right now. 24-2 over the last 26 games. And this article does an excellent job of depicting just how good and deep the Spurs are this year.

Agreed.

The clippers are doing the spurs a huge favor by eliminating the grizzlies, although it's defenitely not over yet. I much prefer the spurs draw LA. Not only does Parker play well vs CP3 but the spurs have plenty of bigs to throw at Griffin to make him earn every point at the foul line (where he struggles as bad as Shaq back in the day). The clippers are also a lot less scary minus Butler, and they weren't a deep team to begin with. The spurs bench will feast on the inexperienced Young, Evans, & Bledsoe.

Axe Murderer
05-08-2012, 08:12 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 08:17 AM
They were 3-2 against both Teams this season so yes, I would say they are just as talented. All three of their victories came by double digits and one of the loses was by 1 point. So they could easily be 4-1 against the Clips and Grizz.

Do you ever watch games other than the Spurs games, or are you just quick to link to the box score for your analysis? That's a serious question, because you seem to be pretty fucking serious with the stupid ideas that you are laying out in this thread.

:lmao Jazz are as good as the Clippers and Grizzlies

Axe Murderer
05-08-2012, 08:21 AM
They were 3-2 against both Teams this season so yes, I would say they are just as talented.

Oh

so they were atleast a 3 seed then right?

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Oh

so they were atleast a 3 seed then right?

They also went 2-2 against the Lakers in the regular season, so they must be at par with the Lakers...

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 08:23 AM

The Jazz have one the of biggest and most talented frontcourts in the NBA right now with Al, Favors, Millsaps and Kanter.

The Spurs despite Corbin going big, still dominated most of last nights game. Factor in that the Clips have only Hill (nonscorer)/Griffin/Aging Martin; the Lakers have Bynum/Gasol (Spurs know how to beat them); Grizz have Gasol/Randolph (who has been his oldself since the injury; and OKC who just have Collinson/Ibaka, there is no team that is going to give the Spurs as much fits as the Jazz did last night. This Spurs team is just too deep.

How many teams can say that their starters can shot only a combined 27% in a playoff game, on the road (top 3 toughest places to win IMO), against a desperate team and still win. More than likely NADA.

Wow, you're so delusional it's almost not worth pointing out the flaws in your logic.

The Clippers have two all-stars. The Grizzlies have one. Both teams have more young talent, more veteran experience, and more depth than Utah. There's simply not any case to be made in that regard. Utah has Jamaal Tinsley getting heavy minutes at backup point guard. :lol

The Clippers have Griffin/Jordan/Martin/Evans (Who the fuck is Hill?) The Grizzlies have Gasol/Randolph/Speights/Haddadi. Al Jefferson has been in the NBA 8 years and Millsap 6. Those guys aren't suddenly more than they've ever been, which is largely disappointing. Putting a high draft pick with no experience and a decent motor next to them doesn't suddenly turn them into a world-beating front line.

The only prayer the Jazz would have against the Spurs was by throwing all their size at them at once. It doesn't change the fact that it was still a prayer.

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Also, :lmao :lmao Rummpd for thinking that the Spurs will sweep the Clippers or the Grizzlies.

They'll win, but they're not going to sweep any of those two teams.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 08:28 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/05/07/31687_boxscore.html

10 points in nearly 80 points of playing time by Jordan/Evans/Martin. Splitter had that in a quarter of the time played last night. I am not discounting the Grizz or the Clips .

Clearly you are, and clearly you aren't watching the other games because there's nothing you can get from what Evans, Jordan and Martin did to the Grizzlies by posting the box score. To discount what Evans has meant to them in this series is to admit that you aren't paying attention.

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 08:28 AM
To discount what Evans has meant to them in this series is to admit that you aren't paying attention.

:lmao donjuansdaddy
:lmao box score analyst

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Also, :lmao :lmao Rummpd for thinking that the Spurs will sweep the Clippers or the Grizzlies.

Meh, saying a sweep is possible isn't that outlandish. The Spurs are playing really well, but to suggest that it would be easy, or to suggest that the caliber of the competition isn't going to go up a notch or two is simply delusional. Any wins from here on out will be hard-earned.

jag
05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
donjuansdaddy reppin the GNSFs like a boss.

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Meh, saying a sweep is possible isn't that outlandish. The Spurs are playing really well, but to suggest that it would be easy, or to suggest that the caliber of the competition isn't going to go up a notch or two is simply delusional. Any wins from here on out will be hard-earned.

4-1 or 4-2 would be a good prediction. Sweep, probably not. The Grizzlies will win at least one game because Matt Bonner or someone will fuck up. The Clippers will win probably one or two because they will flop up.

Legacy
05-08-2012, 08:33 AM

:oops

Axe Murderer
05-08-2012, 08:37 AM
To discount what Evans has meant to them in this series is to admit that you aren't paying attention.

This.

You could argue that he's been their 3rd most important player in this series behind Paul/Griffin

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
I watched the game. Evans, Jordan and Martin clogged the paint.

That second sentence pretty much proves the first one is a lie.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM

What about me? Where's my cred?

:hungry:

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 08:55 AM
I must have missed the Spurs being given fits by anything the Jazz did. But then again, I missed all that low post scoring from Millsap and Favors, not to mention all that talent from Enes Kanter and Josh Howard.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Milsap had 7 O-rebounds just by himself, and the jazz put a thumping on the spurs on the boards overall.

Didn't matter.

tesseractive
05-08-2012, 09:20 AM
4-1 or 4-2 would be a good prediction. Sweep, probably not. The Grizzlies will win at least one game because Matt Bonner or someone will fuck up. The Clippers will win probably one or two because they will flop up.

Agreed. There are times when you see sweeps where the losing team is really good, just because the winning team is gritty enough to step on their neck and refuse to lose even a game. But with all the double-digit victories under their belt this season, this Spurs team hasn't shown that kind of killer instinct yet.

pad300
05-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Al Jefferson has been in the NBA 8 years and Millsap 6. Those guys aren't suddenly more than they've ever been, which is largely disappointing.

Ain't saying that I expect a sweep in the next round or anything, but Millsap "largely disappointing"?

He was picked at 47. He's been a starting level player ever since. In 6 seasons, his WS/48 has never been below .143, his PER has never been below 16.1.

If you had to pick between him, Bonner, Diaw, and Blair to start at PF for the Spurs who would you pick?

That's disappointing? I take it you expect every player to be an all-star?

Ace
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM

WCFs and beyond! :rollin

BlairForceDejuan
05-08-2012, 10:29 AM
LOL Clippers? Clippers!? Clipps blow. That monkeyball dipshit basketball doesn't fly with the big boys. Blake can't even post up for christ's sake.

Mark your calenders for another sweeparoo ladies and gentlemen.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 10:34 AM
LOL Clippers? Clippers!? Clipps blow. That monkeyball dipshit basketball doesn't fly with the big boys. Blake can't even post up for christ's sake.

Mark your calenders for another sweeparoo ladies and gentlemen.

That avatar is the goods. :tu

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Ain't saying that I expect a sweep in the next round or anything, but Millsap "largely disappointing"?

He was picked at 47. He's been a starting level player ever since. In 6 seasons, his WS/48 has never been below .143, his PER has never been below 16.1.

If you had to pick between him, Bonner, Diaw, and Blair to start at PF for the Spurs who would you pick?

For a guy picked at 47, he's a starting-caliber player, it's true. His PER in the playoffs was 12. The only one of the guys you mentioned who's lower than that is Bonner.

pad300
05-08-2012, 11:05 AM
For a guy picked at 47, he's a starting-caliber player, it's true. His PER in the playoffs was 12. The only one of the guys you mentioned who's lower than that is Bonner.

Yeah, his PER over the 4 games of this sweep was 12. His career playoff PER is 18.5... Also, that 12 was 3ed on the Jazz for players who played more than 1/4 of the playoff minutes. The Jazz were badly over-matched.

rascal
05-08-2012, 11:22 AM

I wasn't at all impressed with Millsap against the Spurs. He looked mentally weak and could not hit key shots also missing key free throws at clutch times.
And Jefferson had all but given up with his comments. The Jazz were a weak opponent.

The Spurs are getting the best playoff draws as possible as it looks like they meet a Clippers team next missing Butler. And could end up with OK City in the WCF while avoiding the Lakers.

manufan10
05-08-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm not saying it can't happen, and I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see it, but I just don't see it happening. Especially if the Clips/Grizz series is extended, then the Spurs will have TOO much time off and that will be a detriment to them.

rascal
05-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm not saying it can't happen, and I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see it, but I just don't see it happening. Especially if the Clips/Grizz series is extended, then the Spurs will have TOO much time off and that will be a detriment to them.

Time off won't be a problem.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
I wasn't at all impressed with Millsap against the Spurs. He looked mentally weak and could not hit key shots also missing key free throws at clutch times.
And Jefferson had all but given up with his comments. The Jazz were a weak opponent.

The Spurs are getting the best playoff draws as possible as it looks like they meet a Clippers team next missing Butler. And could end up with OK City in the WCF while avoiding the Lakers.

Jefferson sure gave up alright. Only 26 and 10 what a candy ass.

:rollin

rascal
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Milsap had 7 O-rebounds just by himself, and the jazz put a thumping on the spurs on the boards overall.

Didn't matter.

The Jazz could not hit shots.

ffadicted
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
lol @ this thread
I'd be shocked if the semis end in less than 6 games and at multiple points we think we might lose, no matter who comes out of MEM-LAC

rascal
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Jefferson sure gave up alright. Only 26 and 10 what a candy ass.

:rollin

He mentally gave up with his statement while the series was still playing out and did not make the clutch plays like Favors did. Favors was the only one who stepped up with toughness in the clutch for Utah.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 11:51 AM
He mentally gave up with his statement while the series was still playing out and did not make the clutch plays like Favors did. Favors was the only one who stepped up with toughness in the clutch for Utah.

Jefferson made plenty of clutch shots in the 4th quarter as I recall. You are seriously frickin' retarded or on some hard drug.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah, his PER over the 4 games of this sweep was 12. His career playoff PER is 18.5... Also, that 12 was 3ed on the Jazz for players who played more than 1/4 of the playoff minutes. The Jazz were badly over-matched.

I'd be really surprised if the overwhelming majority of Jazz fans aren't largely disappointed by his performance, especially given his career playoff PER.

pad300
05-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I'd be really surprised if the overwhelming majority of Jazz fans aren't largely disappointed by his performance, especially given his career playoff PER.

I'm sure that Jazz fans and Millsap himself are both disappointed by his performance in this series. What you wrote, however, was that his career has been disappointing...

That the Spurs made him look bad, and similar with Jefferson, is to our credit. It's not that they are bad players; it's that the Spurs are playing very well. The Spurs D has really stepped it up a notch from the regular season so far.

skin
05-08-2012, 12:21 PM
http://ist1-2.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/1/_/_/_/1/1/2/u/r/12urK/t853671hdyxsnn7q8p.jpg

benefactor
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4mxNlKlppi8/T0Wp6G3HXRI/AAAAAAAAIQU/nXRSy-eVsaw/s1600/220px-The_Grey_Poster.jpg

...leavin' trails of blood all over the upstairs.

VBM
05-08-2012, 12:33 PM
:lmao this whole damn thread

Sean Cagney
05-08-2012, 12:36 PM

Yeah even I have to admit thinking of sweeping either one of them is a pipe dream! That next series will GET ALOT tougher.

TampaDude
05-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Clippers defense sucks. Spurs will PnR them into the ground. Spurs in 5, tops.

Horse
05-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Nope is just that the Jazz are a good team, but the Spurs are just that much better. 38-7 over the last 45 games. 25-2 over the last 27 games.

Spurs were 5-1 against the Clips and Grizz this year. And the game they lost was when the Spurs were kind of struggling going 3-3 on a 6 games homestand and it was before they acquired SJax and Diaw as well. 24-2 since the Spurs acquire them, with one a thrown game and the other the Lakers dominated the Spurs only for the Spurs to make adjustments and kick the living shit out of them twice in the following week.
Let's not forget Tony did not play in the game we lost to clips. jordan is way overrated and blake has no offense outside of dunks and layups. We very well could sweep them.

tesseractive
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Let's not forget Tony did not play in the game we lost to clips. jordan is way overrated and blake has no offense outside of dunks and layups. We very well could sweep them.

If they're that limited, how are the up 3-1 on Memphis? You're not trying to claim Utah > Memphis or something, are you?

TJastal
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Randolph and Mayo shooting 40% and 30% respectively is the reason the grizzlies are faltering. If they play like they normally should I'm betting the series would be 3-1 in Memphis favor right now.

Jimcs50
05-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I can not see how Spurs can lose a game to Clippers.

I see their current win streak to go to 18.

:flag:

tesseractive
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I see this series in five if the Clips, if not a sweep. Possibly 6 if the Grizz.

Why, unlike the Grizz, the Clips have no perimter defenders that are great. Grizz have Conley, Allen and Mayo who are better tougher perimeter defenders than any other player on the Clips squad.

Caron Butler may not be Tony Allen, but it definitely seems like he brings it on defense.

TJastal
05-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Caron Butler may not be Tony Allen, but it definitely seems like he brings it on defense.

lol

tesseractive
05-08-2012, 01:38 PM
lol

Am I wrong? I don't claim to be a scout or anything, so it's just my impression.

jalberto
05-08-2012, 01:46 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/jalbertopd/quepaseelquesigue.jpg

Axe Murderer
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Blake can't even post up for christ's sake.

Basically just gave away the fact that you haven't watched the Clips-Grizz series at all. If you actually have you'd realize Griffin has been doing nothing but posting up and working Z-Bo every game.

Ace
05-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Basically just gave away the fact that you haven't watched the Clips-Grizz series at all. If you actually have you'd realize Griffin has been doing nothing but posting up and working Z-Bo every game.

Perhaps he has no clue what exactly a post game is...

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Perhaps he has no clue what exactly a post game is...

They're too classy for a post game.

Basketball Power
05-08-2012, 07:34 PM
No one on the jazz could hit a 3, that's going to change dramatically

gilmor
05-08-2012, 08:37 PM
:lmao donjuansdaddy
:lmao box score analyst

You think the Fakers got any chance against Durant's OKC?

spursfan1000
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I can see spurs beating clippers in 5 and grizzlies in 6

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Let's hope the Spurs sweep both the Clips and Lakers and have a good long week of rest while the Heat and Celtics battle it out in the Eastern Conference Finals in six games.

TE
05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
If we play the clips, it's at most a six game series, but I'm thinking it'll be more along the lines of a five game series.

@ :lmao at thinking the jazz are on par or better than any other team in the west. They were a true eighth seed for a reason.

Edit: goddamn iPhone autocorrect

therealtruth
05-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Randolph and Mayo shooting 40% and 30% respectively is the reason the grizzlies are faltering. If they play like they normally should I'm betting the series would be 3-1 in Memphis favor right now.

Also Chris Paul has been pretty much clutch in late game situations. I think the Clippers are a legitimate threat. Our MVP is our pg and Chris Paul > Tony Parker. This series will probably require more out Ginobili and Duncan.

Rummpd
05-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Spurs went 13-2 or 14-2 in one of their playoff runs (not sure if was a 5 game first series) so anything is possible. Not predicting a sweep actually (see 5-6 games more realistic) but Spurs meshing fully could sweep either team in they play up to the level of the last two LAL games or in that ball park.

Brazil
05-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I was wrong bout' the jazz, I thought they would have been much better during this serie but they are still better better than half of Easter conference.

There is no way in hell we sweep the clips or the grizz. I'd prefer playing the clips they are a more favorable match up for the spurs but they will be tough. People underestimate a lot what Evans and Martin are bringing and :lol at people laughing about Butler being good at D.

FWIW this clip team would be damn good with a healthy Billups.

100%duncan
05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
LA and Memphis are quite a bit better than Utah. The Spurs better be ready to get punched in the mouth during the next round, because the playoffs aren't ever this easy after the first round.

This. Clippers are playing great.

rascal
05-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't count Memphis out just yet. Can't forget we are talking about the Clippers, they always find a way to lose.

Horse
05-09-2012, 12:47 PM
If they're that limited, how are the up 3-1 on Memphis? You're not trying to claim Utah > Memphis or something, are you?
No my only claim is we should whip their ass!:ihit

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Sweeping the Clippers may not be unrealistic now.

TJastal
05-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Fail, and you're going to see next round how wrong you are. The Jazz have no defense and no shooting, and precious little athleticism on their front line outside of Favors.

You also forgot DeAndre Jordan and Reggie Evans for the Clips. Just the starting center. No big deal.

So how wrong were we again? What was that about Deandre Jordan & Evans? Oh, right. Neither one can even shoot a free throw to save their lives. Please...that's just laughable.

:lol:lol:lol

TJastal
05-21-2012, 12:54 AM
I was wrong bout' the jazz, I thought they would have been much better during this serie but they are still better better than half of Easter conference.

There is no way in hell we sweep the clips or the grizz. I'd prefer playing the clips they are a more favorable match up for the spurs but they will be tough. People underestimate a lot what Evans and Martin are bringing and :lol at people laughing about Butler being good at D.

FWIW this clip team would be damn good with a healthy Billups.

Another classic. :rollin

LMAO @ the Billups comment. That clown is ready for a nursing home. He would have just taken minutes away from Bledsoe & Williams and made the clippers even more impotent.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2012, 01:04 AM
We won't sweep OKC, that I can tell you. I'm hoping it only goes 6, but I feel a 7-game barn-burner coming on, and tbh I think either team can win it depending on who gets the breaks at the right time. I think we're the better team overall, but they have the variety of scorers and tough lockdown defenders to make it a very difficult series. SA v OKC is the true Finals this year.

My gut does suggest that Westbrook will make enough stupid 4th Q decisions to help us through though... ;)

Yuixafun
05-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Why do people keep thinking it will go to game 7.

Thunder aren't in our class.

They haven't been to the promised land yet.

They don't know the burning in Tim, Manu and Tony's bellies.

When it comes down to it, they are out of their depth.

TJastal
05-21-2012, 01:19 AM

Laker fans.. gotta love em.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5626/lakersfanswithriotpolic.jpg

Legacy
05-21-2012, 06:14 AM
It will be the Spurs first time to be tested. How will they respond?

Damn. I fucking HATE "tests." :hat

Jt.ONE
06-07-2012, 01:27 AM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/jalbertopd/quepaseelquesigue.jpg

holy sh:lolt

KDtrey5
06-07-2012, 01:51 AM
so much for one sweep after another lol