PDA

View Full Version : Port Arthur's Jackson has big influence on Spurs

ace3g
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Port Arthur's Jackson has big influence on Spurs

But it's always more than numbers with him. It's an attitude that can come across as immature to outsiders, yet is mostly embraced by those who know him. This is the way it was nine years ago in San Antonio, too, when he enjoyed calling himself "the anti-Spur."

Jackson thought then the Spurs needed someone different than the rest, someone with an edge. Only when he played elsewhere, with trouble following him, did the edge get too sharp.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/article/Port-Arthur-s-Jackson-has-big-influence-on-Spurs-3540379.php#ixzz1uJ6EIKry

GSH
05-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm a believer that people don't get any smarter than they were in school - but they can get wiser. Sometimes they even do. Jackson knows what the Spurs are about, and he's been all business since he came here. Like his comment about learning how to say things the right way, I think he's learned that you can have the swag without the chest-pounding, or belligerent, self-aggrandizing interviews.

The fact that he hasn't shown the least bit of resentment about coming off the bench, while a rookie starts, says it all. I'm not even worried anymore that he might have a meltdown if something sets him off on the court. I'm happy to say that I was totally wrong about his ability to do that.

Seventyniner
05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
That's one of the most disjointed, poorly-written articles I've ever read. How many times can you type Stak5 with a straight face, no less in an actual newspaper article?

weebo
05-08-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm a believer that people don't get any smarter than they were in school - but they can get wiser. Sometimes they even do. Jackson knows what the Spurs are about, and he's been all business since he came here. Like his comment about learning how to say things the right way, I think he's learned that you can have the swag without the chest-pounding, or belligerent, self-aggrandizing interviews.

The fact that he hasn't shown the least bit of resentment about coming off the bench, while a rookie starts, says it all. I'm not even worried anymore that he might have a meltdown if something sets him off on the court. I'm happy to say that I was totally wrong about his ability to do that.

When Manu is coming off the bench, no one has room to complain. That said I think Jackson, more than anything, is grateful that he ended up in the situation he is in and he has said as much. He's been great for the Spurs since his arrival and it seems to have solidified the chemistry the team now seems to have.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Could also have something to do with a snide comment Cuban made in the aftermath of the trade to the effect of "wait until he starts bitching about an extension".