PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Portent

Yuixafun
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
As I was watching the Celtics destroy the Hawks in game 4... it felt like I was watching the Spurs destroy the Jazz in game 2.

I also watched the Heat fail to sweep, and give up a game to the inferior Knicks for no good reason. Amare hurt, Lin, Davis out... Mike Bibby in?
Which leads me to believe a disjointed team of strong pieces will get defeated by a team playing together, balanced and harmoniously.

Remember Detroit beating the Lakers?

Seriously the Knicks offense is trash, basically no movement and 2 pieces acting independently. It was painful to watch, even though Melo scored 41 and hit big shots.

The Heat and Knicks are mirrors of each other at this point, just to different degrees. Dysfunctional. Lebron and and Wade are allies grudgingly.. I watched each play their own game and if one was ineffective the other sort of rolled his eyes and said ok, my turn.

Admittedly I haven't watched enough of those teams to make an accurate assessment, but from a quick glance... the Heat are mentally/maturity unprepared to advance to the Finals this year? They lack that Championship Spirit.

Paging Phil Jackson...

And for a team that relies on superior athletic ability over execution and poise, for this type of season and at this point of the season they appear gassed, vulnerable.

Anyway... Spurs/Celtics finals in the Stars??

Duncan / Garnett
Parker / Rondo
Manu / Ray
Jackson / Pierce
Tiago / Bass
Our youth / theirs... lol

This is an intriguing match up to me not only because of the player head to head...but also in their game style philosophies.

The Spurs representing offense and Celtics waving the defensive banner.

It just seems like the C's are the appropriate foe for the Spurs Final boss this season. :ihit

roycrikside
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
the funny thing about a potential Spurs-Celtics series is that it would be low-scoring and the Spurs would get all the blame for it, not Boston.

Beanzamillion21
05-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I think it would only be low scoring if the Spurs let it become that way. If that series were to happen I would say Spurs in 6 or 7.

Bruno
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Boston is the only team in the East that can beat Miami and I hope they will do it. If Spurs win the west, they have a way better chance against Boston than against Miami.

sananspursfan21
05-08-2012, 03:10 PM
^that

GSH
05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
a disjointed team of strong pieces will get defeated by a team playing together, balanced and harmoniously.

I actually had that in a fortune cookie over the weekend.

I picked Boston to come out of the East a couple of months ago. I'm sticking with it. Especially after that fortune cookie.

TampaDude
05-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Boston is the only team in the East that can beat Miami and I hope they will do it. If Spurs win the west, they have a way better chance against Boston than against Miami.

Boston's Big 3 are 4 years older than their last title run in 2008, and they don't have Perkins or Big Baby any more. The Spurs' depth would run them into the ground. Spurs in 5.

Miami is coming out of the East, though. Book it.