PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant recommendation?

Mark in Austin
05-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Looking for a good place to take a client for lunch between the airport and Churchill HS. Doesn't have to be fancy - just local and good. In fact, if we can get out of there for under $20 a person it would actually be preferred knowing the client's preferences.

Anybody have suggestions? Was thinking something along the lines of Longhorn Cafe or Tomatillos, but in the Airport - Churchill Corridor...

CubanSucks
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
If you're in the mood for some authentico Italiano I suggest this place called Olive Garden. If you'd like some fine dining continental you'll have to check out Applebees

shyne
05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Guajillos

Blake
05-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Not much in that corridor that's ” local”

Formosa Garden (Chinese) has real nice atmosphere and is in that price range.

It's on the west bound access road between Broadway and Nacogdoches though...

Mark in Austin
05-08-2012, 05:09 PM

Not bad. There's a Chester's right across the highway from there. Last time I went to Chester's it seemed to have gone down hill. Greasy soggy fries, bland burger. But that was a couple years ago. Anybody been there recently?

CavsSuperFan
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
If you're in the mood for some authentico Italiano I suggest this place called Olive Garden. If you'd like some fine dining continental you'll have to check out Applebees
Never knew you were funny...:lmao

tlongII
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
S. A. Prime

Blake
05-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Not bad. There's a Chester's right across the highway from there. Last time I went to Chester's it seemed to have gone down hill. Greasy soggy fries, bland burger. But that was a couple years ago. Anybody been there recently?

forgot about Chesters.

Still good, but they lost some of their aura after ditching the poppy seed buns.

mrsmaalox
05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Where do you mean by "Airport-Churchill HS corridor"? Is that like Nakoma/West Ave/Blanco area?

Viva Las Espuelas
05-09-2012, 09:33 AM
forgot about Chesters.

Still good, but they lost some of their aura after ditching the poppy seed buns.

:lol did the poppy seeds really add that much? I hear that from almost everybody. They're frickin' seeds.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Guajillos

I've been wanting to try that place. How is it?

Drachen
05-09-2012, 09:38 AM
what kind of food, what time?

If you are going early (before two) you could try Magnolia pancake Haus (best breakfast food ever), it is right next to embassy theater right off of west avenue and bitters.

At 281 and bitters you have El Jarro de Arturo which is pretty good and has won some recognition for being a great restaurant.

Blake
05-09-2012, 09:43 AM
:lol did the poppy seeds really add that much? I hear that from almost everybody. They're frickin' seeds.

I dunno. Maybe it's a mental thing.

All I know is that I've been maybe twice in the last couple years when I used to go twice a month.

Blake
05-09-2012, 09:45 AM
I've been wanting to try that place. How is it?

Authentic mexican food for sure. I don't like it, but I know plenty who do.

Blake
05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
what kind of food, what time?

If you are going early (before two) you could try Magnolia pancake Haus (best breakfast food ever), it is right next to embassy theater right off of west avenue and bitters.

At 281 and bitters you have El Jarro de Arturo which is pretty good and has won some recognition for being a great restaurant.

Thumbs up to both of those places.

mrsmaalox
05-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Yep, I'd choose El Jarro over Guajillos too. Both are very authentic, but very regional also, so it depends on which style of Mexican food you prefer.

JudynTX
05-09-2012, 10:18 AM

For a business meeting, I'd say Formosa Garden.

mrsmaalox
05-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Hmmm, Churchill is on Blanco @ West Ave, right? Broadway/Nacogdoches seems like in the opposite direction to me. But, if you wanna be in the Blanco/410 area, there's a Lion and Rose Pub and that pizza place, Dough, right there near the Guajillos.

bus driver
05-09-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.twobrosbbqmarket.com/

12656 West Ave San Antonio, Texas 78216

Lebowski Brickowski
05-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Little Italy on West Ave. & Afterglow St (near Blanco Rd intersection.)