PDA

View Full Version : 4 straight games in same away arena with HCA?

Jimcs50
05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
I imagine the Spurs can be first team with HCA that plays 4 straight away games in one arena.

If Clippers finish off Memphis, and Lakers knock off Thunder, the Spurs will have a chance to do that very thing, since both teams play at Staples.

These are the kinds of things that I think about when I am waiting on Spurs to get their next round going, while being very bored.
:p:

spurraider21
05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
If memphis was our absolute matchup nightmare last year, then that is what OKC presents to the Lakers. But to be honest, I would love your scenario. I live in LA and would love to catch several playoff games

Obstructed_View
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I would love to see the city of Los Angeles forced to have to focus on such a boring team.

Venti Quattro
05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I would love to see the city of Los Angeles forced to have to focus on such a boring team.

We've been forced to deal with and watch the boring team for a decade and a half. :sleep

50 cent
05-08-2012, 10:44 PM
How would that work?

If we sweep LAC, that would be 2 straight games at Staples, but the first 2 games of the Lakers series would be in SA.

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2012, 11:05 PM
In Jim's scenario, they could play 6 straight road playoff games in LA. That's what the Suns did in 2006, beating the Lakers in 7 in the First Round and the Clippers in 7 in the WCSF with all road games in those series played at Staples.

50 cent
05-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Oh, gotcha. I was thinking 4 games in a row at Staples, not road games.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Oh, gotcha. I was thinking 4 games in a row at Staples, not road games.

Yeah, I was thinking the same too. I was like, how would that work? Even if the Spurs swept the Clippers, they'd still have to go home to face the Lakers at San Antonio.

I get it now.

tlongII
05-09-2012, 12:01 AM
OKC will destroy the Lakers.

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2012, 12:06 AM
There is a far-fetched scenario in which the Lakers or Clippers could end up playing 11 consecutive playoff games at Staples.

Suppose that the Lakers advance and sweep the Thunder; they'd play Games 3 & 4 of the WCSF at Staples. If the Clippers were to also beat the Spurs, then LAL and LAC would meet in the conference finals; obviously, every game of that series would be played at Staples, but if it went 7, the Lakers (in my hypothetical) would have played 9 straight games at Staples. Then if they managed to get HCA in the Finals, they'd play Games 1 & 2 of that series at home.

Jimcs50
05-09-2012, 07:47 AM
There is a far-fetched scenario in which the Lakers or Clippers could end up playing 11 consecutive playoff games at Staples.

Suppose that the Lakers advance and sweep the Thunder; they'd play Games 3 & 4 of the WCSF at Staples. If the Clippers were to also beat the Spurs, then LAL and LAC would meet in the conference finals; obviously, every game of that series would be played at Staples, but if it went 7, the Lakers (in my hypothetical) would have played 9 straight games at Staples. Then if they managed to get HCA in the Finals, they'd play Games 1 & 2 of that series at home.

However, if they play an Eastern team that has better record, they would have games 1 and 2 on road, then games 3, 4,and 5 back at Staples. But still, that would be 12 games at Staples and only 2 elswhere. Pretty strange.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Who knows if Lakers will even beat Nuggets after last nights game?

Jimcs50
05-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Who knows if Lakers will even beat Nuggets after last nights game?

If Bvnum keeps his mouth shut, they should be able to polish Denver off on Thursday.

It would be great if Clippers win tonight and Spurs series starts 3 days ahead of Thunder series though, that would probably mean that SA would not have to have any b2bs.

Mr. Body
05-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Denver is not a fearsome opponent and they made LAL look pretty silly on their own floor, other than some crazy shooting at the end. I can't see how the Lakers in any conceivable way get past OKC.