PDA

View Full Version : We're spoiled

Sidney Green
05-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Who else is watching this laker nuggets game or watched the celtics hawks game tonight...The amount of 1 on 1 and isolation plays on offense is horrendous. Sessions holds the ball for 18 seconds then forces something... Bunch of pick up basketball being played....boy am I glad I'm a spurs fan and can watch some real team basketball.

spurs1990
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
tbh its all about having consistency at the head coach position. Think about Phil Jackson's teams or Jerry Sloan's - they all had reliable offensive sets.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
I agree. Short term no-name coaches are worried about getting rehired and so placate the team's (often mediocre, overrated) star, and hence you get isolation basketball like we saw with the Knicks, Melo, and their new coach.

Coaches with longevity can put the system first.

Legacy
05-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Ping-Pong is so much fun, though. :sleep

therealtruth
05-09-2012, 05:12 AM
There will definitely be times where we need the big 3 to step up but it's also important to make the role players involved as much as possible.

buttsR4rebounding
05-09-2012, 05:54 AM
I agree 100%. It has been painful to watch sometimes. The Knicks are dreadful on offense. The first game with the Heat when they scored 67 there was absolutely zero ball movement. No adjustments. The closest thing to the Spurs has been the Celtics. Rando has been playing at a very high level and facilitating his teammates. No one is coming close to the Spurs even as the Spurs starters have played by far the fewest minutes in the playoffs.

Jimcs50
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
I agree 100%. It has been painful to watch sometimes. The Knicks are dreadful on offense. The first game with the Heat when they scored 67 there was absolutely zero ball movement. No adjustments. The closest thing to the Spurs has been the Celtics. Rando has been playing at a very high level and facilitating his teammates. No one is coming close to the Spurs even as the Spurs starters have played by far the fewest minutes in the playoffs.

Yes, but the Heat scoring 67 points is much more exciting than the Spurs scoring 109, because they have Lebron and Wade, two very exciting players, don't you know that?

:rolleyes

:lol

quanzinelli
05-09-2012, 08:31 AM
The Pacers are playing good team ball. both on offense and defense. But yes it is hard to watch bad half court basketball. The Clippers are one of the worst offender IMHO