PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Sessions vs. Derek Fisher..

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2012, 12:23 AM
So far, in the playoffs..

Fisher
14.3 PER
69 EFG%:wow:wow:wow

Sessions
13.8 PER(will be lower following this game)
42.5 EFG%:lol:lol:lol

Fisher went up against the 8th ranked defense in the NBA, while Sessions is against the 20th ranked defense, the worst of any playoff team..

:lol trading your leader
:lol trading the go-to guy in clutch time
:lol no more leash on Kobe and Bynum
:lol Sessions is scared of the playoffs
:lol Sessions is fucking ugly
:lol the savior
:lol chance to tie it and blew it
:lol back down to Earth after a fluky start to his Laker career

TIMMYtoZO
05-09-2012, 12:25 AM
:lol @ the Lakers forced to overpay for this scrub this summer.

spursfan1000
05-09-2012, 12:28 AM
You also forget fisher plays mostly against bench players & that he did make a clutch 3 in the 4th quarter tonight. Just saying

LkrFan
05-09-2012, 12:29 AM
You also forget fisher plays mostly against bench players & that he did make a clutch 3 in the 4th quarter tonight. Just saying

He knows this already. He also knows the simpletons that click on this thread will eat this shit up. This from a man that judges how other men look.

pass1st
05-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Sessions has been doing good, aside from making a few hot-headed mistakes. If Fisher was starting then Lawson would get 30ppg

LkrFan
05-09-2012, 12:31 AM
^

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2012, 12:38 AM
:lol No, he wouldn't..

Fisher's defensive RAPM was superior to Sessions's by a large margin, this year..

Fish makes that last shot tonight, tbh..he would have provided a few tough fouls, too, unlike Sessions, a pussy that seems to be affected by the intensity of the playoffs..

He should be dominating against the 20th ranked defense, and arguably the worst defensive PG rotation in the NBA..

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Kobe = 0 titles without Fish

spursfan1000
05-09-2012, 12:39 AM
:lol No, he wouldn't..

Fisher's defensive RAPM was superior to Sessions's by a large margin, this year..

Fish makes that last shot tonight, tbh..he would have provided a few tough fouls, too, unlike Sessions, a pussy that seems to be affected by the intensity of the playoffs..

He should be dominating against the 20th ranked defense, and arguably the worst defensive PG rotation in the NBA..

Since you can tell future is it going to rain in San Antonio on Saturday?

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Tbh, when the Spurs played LA in the playoffs, I would shudder at the sight of Fisher on the floor..

Technique
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
DFish would have made that last shot.

midnightpulp
05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Sessions is an atrocious defender. The idea that he's a better defender than Fisher because he's "younger" and "quicker" is flat out wrong, and he's no more effective against quick PGs than Fisher. Every evaluation I've read about Sessions rates his defense in the gutter. The difference between the two is that at least Sessions is capable of mitigating the damage an opposing pg might do by scoring 15-20 points of his own. But make no mistake, quick PGs lick their chops when they know they're playing against Ramon.

Pelicans78
05-09-2012, 12:56 AM
I agree Pulp, Sessions has always been an awful defender.

He is an upgrade offensively.

pass1st
05-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Sessions is an atrocious defender. The idea that he's a better defender than Fisher because he's "younger" and "quicker" is flat out wrong, and he's no more effective against quick PGs than Fisher. Every evaluation I've read about Sessions rates his defense in the gutter. The difference between the two is that at least Sessions is capable of mitigating the damage an opposing pg might do by scoring 15-20 points of his own. But make no mistake, quick PGs lick their chops when they know they're playing against Ramon.

PGs don't attempt to blow by Sessions as often as they do Fish. I don't know if you watched the last dozen games Fish played for us or not, but even scrub PGs were absolutely abusing us because Fish could not stay infront. Look what Lin did for instance.

Sessions is too eager to help on defense, which is his primary defensive problem. Other than that, he puts in effort, albeit not a great effort. Fisher was blown by so often teams would focus their offense at their PG because even 3rd string PGs had little problem with him. Sessions is okay right now, not good enough to fix our liability at the spot, but makes it far less visable.

Right now, our liability is out front court being a pack of lazy bums, sans Hill.

DAF86
05-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Nah, your liability is and will always be outside shooting.

ElNono
05-09-2012, 02:13 AM
tbh, both offer very little defensively, but that's the reason you have twin towers inside, so they can block the shit out of anything coming from the perimeter...

Obviously, that's when those guys actually give a shit...

Nathan89
05-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Nah, your liability is and will always be outside shooting.

Sessions shooting 4-16 3pt in the series isn't helping.

scanry
05-09-2012, 04:46 AM

I just hope you're trolling to say the least because Fisher is a scrub, period. He has always piggybacked superstars to tiles and he doesn't play a lick of defense. He may be a vocal leader, but he's no more of a player than Sam Cassell. Atleast Cassell

He's basically a coach in uniform, ala Bill Cartright. No wonder Phil liked them both. I just think he fitted right in Phil's system. You get to a point where you got to cut your liabilities.

LkrFan
05-09-2012, 05:00 AM
I just hope you're trolling to say the least because Fisher is a scrub, period. He has always piggybacked superstars to tiles and he doesn't play a lick of defense. He may be a vocal leader, but he's no more of a player than Sam Cassell. Atleast Cassell

He's basically a coach in uniform, ala Bill Cartright. No wonder Phil liked them both. I just think he fitted right in Phil's system. You get to a point where you got to cut your liabilities.

+1. Fisher has gotten many players fat contracts through historic playoff games v. him throughout the years. #DEFENSIVELIABILITY

Latarian Milton
05-09-2012, 07:59 AM
fish has a SHIT load of experience which is helping them alot, sessions on the other hand is a virgin in the playoffs at least he's never played for a contender on this stage

Ace
05-09-2012, 08:44 AM
:lol LkrFag also claimed Shannon Brown and Blake could guard Wade...

Venti Quattro
05-09-2012, 08:50 AM
:lmao Shannon Brown couldn't even stop a rocking chair from swaying
:lmao Steve Blake

Mr. Body
05-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Fisher not only hit game winning shots, he was really good at timely, momentum changing shots. That would have been really useful last night when Denver was really kicking out a lead.

MI21
05-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I gotta admit, despite Sessions being a much better player than Fisher and also providing some timely shooting in the clutch (Game 4 3pter, that 3 today before the one he missed), I feel a whole lot more confident that teams can get a stop and sustain a run against LA than with Fisher there.

He was always good for a timely charge (flop) or momentum creating or breaking 3.

LakaFan
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Ramon is younger and faster than Fisher. How could anyone think Fisher is better?! :lmao

jag
05-09-2012, 10:36 AM
It doesn't help matters that Sessions is incapable of making a decent post-entry pass. I can only assume Kobe has completely mind fucked Ramon. Dude had no idea what he was getting into.

cheguevara
05-09-2012, 11:12 AM
dude makes the dumbest fouls I seen. Either lack of experience or very low bbiq or both

I would not consider him an upgrade over Fish, but neither I would consider him a big downgrade

Banzai
05-09-2012, 11:19 AM
dude makes the dumbest fouls I seen. Either lack of experience or very low bbiq or both

I would not consider him an upgrade over Fish, but neither I would consider him a big downgrade

he appears to be sloppy with the ball...dribbling and losing it out of bounds, dribbling down until there is 6 seconds left on the shot clock..ball doesn't move anymore..or I'm just blind.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM

I had a kid on my team that played for me. He was young and quick and would scramble all over the defensive side of the floor. Most people thought he was a great defensive player because every now and then he would come up with a steal off the dribble or force a turnover. People didnt realize that he gave up so many easy baskets because he was always out of position or would vacate his spot forcing someone to come over and cover for him. The guy that played in front of him was not very fast and couldn't steal the ball to save his life but was always in the right position and did a very good job of forcing players to shoot over him. He was smart enough to just try and stay in front of player and not attempt to steal until after the dribble (a tactic I wish more HS players would use). Quick and young are highly overrated.

Stalin
05-09-2012, 07:35 PM
:lol next season's allstar