PDA

View Full Version : Winning or losing Pistons deserve respect

FoxMulder
06-22-2005, 01:42 PM
I donīt know wich team is going to win but if the Pistons doesnīt they deserve a lot of credit and respect.
The Spurs must win -and only win- to prove themselves and the rest of the planet NBA theyīve got some heart and soul...

Anyways...ĄGO SPURS GO!

bigzak25
06-22-2005, 01:45 PM
they've got it. alot of Spurs fans have respected detroit and had them in the finals from before the season even started....but i hope they crash and burn tomorrow.

SWC Bonfire
That's called "you've got to beat the champs to be the champs..."

209Goodfella
I agree. Them mofos are good. http://www3.celebworld.ws/images/smilies/perfect.gif

Hope we mop the floor with em :hat

atlfan25
06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I donīt know wich team is going to win neither do i.:pctoss
GO SPURS GO fuckin right :smokin

pache100
06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I used to respect them, and I have always liked them. I have been very disappointed, though, in them and their whining asses all during these playoffs, not just the finals. Rasheed's tirade about the officiating and the Heat during the conference finals was unforgiveable. I'm not even saying I think he's wrong about everything. But that was not the time nor the place to carry on like that. You're only hurting the team when you do that. All ass and no class. Not even Shaq does that crap.

And I have ALWAYS been a huge Larry Brown fan and supporter. But, I never thought I would hear him whining and bitching as he has during the finals about the Spurs (the team and individual players) and the officiating. Shut the hell up, already!

You have to admit, you NEVER, EVER hear Pop or the Spurs blaming anyone else for failures or losses. You never will hear them complain about officiating. That is true class.

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
You have to admit, you NEVER, EVER hear Pop or the Spurs blaming anyone else for failures or losses. You never will hear them complain about officiating. That is true class.

I dunno.. Timmy's been complaining to the refs a little bit these last few days during the games.

Jimcs50
06-22-2005, 01:50 PM
They are a whiney group, they get no respect from me.

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 01:52 PM
What's worse, Rasheed getting upset about a call and getting a 1 pt. tech?

Or Tim waving frantically at the ref for a double-dribble whole allowing Billups to shoot a 3 over him? :rolleyes

pache100
06-22-2005, 01:53 PM
I dunno.. Timmy's been complaining to the refs a little bit these last few days during the games.

WHEN? I have not heard that, and I have seen all the coverage. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Or vivid imagination.

wsdp

did you WATCH Game 6?

fromswitzerland
The best part about this series is that there are the two best teams in the league playing the 7th and deciding game. It can go either way. If San Antonio had been playing Miami it would be all over and San Antonio would be champs.

I admire what Popovich has done in San Antonio at how he has brought the team to being on the verge of 3 championships in the last few years.

For the Pistons, it's amazing how they play so well together and without having one Superstar. Truly a case of whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

This series is a coin toss.

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2005, 01:55 PM
What's worse, Rasheed getting upset about a call and getting a 1 pt. tech?

Or Tim waving frantically at the ref for a double-dribble whole allowing Billups to shoot a 3 over him? :rolleyes

I know where you're coming from, as I'm not one of those blind Piston fans, but it's all about perspective.

For instance, for your two examples, I would call it "Rasheed's incredibly passionate, and it takes over his game", and "Tim needs to be posting him up instead of crying to the refs to save him from Chauncey, who's been incredible lately".

All perspective. It's just like I was saying a while ago.. ever notice that EVERY game, the refs are bad? In Piston losses, Piston fans hate the refs. In Spurs losses, the Spurs fans hate the refs. It's just not basketball fans that do this, but it's so much a bigger problem.

FoxMulder
06-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Iīm not talking about whining (they always do, and they always will)
Iīm talking the ways they play. Maybe they arenīt as good (in stats and names) as the Spurs. But they play with heart. And as a Spurs fan, I envy that. I want a pair of them in my team.
Not Sheed for shure, but Big Ben kick a**es

pache100
did you WATCH Game 6?

Yes, I did, every second of it. I understand what you are saying now, and we are talking about two different things. That's just part of basketball. Tim even got ejected from a game once, although not for complaining to a ref, but for touching him (he was actually trying to keep him from getting knocked down, but that didn't matter to the asshole).

Anyway, what I am talking about is all the whining, bitching, moaning and complaining to the MEDIA. What happens on the basketball court does not enter into the point I am trying to make. Many times when you see Tim talking to a referee, he's not complaining anyway, he's getting clarification.

Phenomanul

Complaints During the game, in the heat of the game is different.

The Spurs' players haven't complained about the officiating after the games. Not during the Denver or Seattle series where a blatant Flagrant tactical scheme was instilled by the coaches, or even now against the Pistons and all of their wrist slapping to get steals.

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2005, 01:57 PM
WHEN? I have not heard that, and I have seen all the coverage. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Or vivid imagination.

Not at all. You can't tell me that during the 2nd half of game 6, Timmy was in the ref's face. Also, Pop got a technical in what.. Game 4 or 5.. for complaining to the refs.

I say it's part of the game, but I'm telling Spur fan that calls Pistons whiners, that people in glass houses shouldn't be throwing rocks.

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2005, 01:58 PM
During the game... in the heat of things is different. The Spurs' players haven't complained about it with the media or after the games. Not during Denver's and Seattle's Flagrant tactical scheme, or even now against all the wrist slapping by the Pistons to get steals.

I can't argue about the post-game. I don't have a bad thing to say about Spurs players in that aspect. I'm just saying that calling the Pistons 'whiners' is just another excuse to dog on the team that just won't go away.

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Also, Pop got a technical in what.. Game 4 or 5.. for complaining to the refs.

Oh, Pop. Well, he's another story altogether. He's a trip. But, I am not talking about during games. We do not know what is said by the coaches and players to referees and we don't know what is said back to them during games. I am talking about whining to the world. You do not hear the Spurs nor their coaches doing that. Class.

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I must say, Pistons are really, really good. Part of the reason why they are good--they have to be the MOST mentally tough team in the NBA that I have seen in years.

Case in point. After Game 5 and the .4 disaster, Spurs gave a heartless performance on the road in LA for Game 6. They were never really in the game and you could tell they had given up and didn't think they could do it.

After Game 5 and the crazy OT Spurs win this year, Pistons come to SA like a team that has a 3-2 lead, Game 5 long forgotten. They were in the game from begining to end and you could tell that never at one point in that game did they doubt themselves. Even when they were getting all those Techs...

The situations were eerily similar in that both were defending champs at the time trying to repeat.

As much as I may hate the Pistons for their constant bitching at the refs or the annoying things some of their players do and how they act (*cough Sheed*), they are tough SOB's. :)

atlfan25
06-22-2005, 02:03 PM
I can't argue about the post-game. I don't have a bad thing to say about Spurs players in that aspect. I'm just saying that calling the Pistons 'whiners' is just another excuse to dog on the team that just won't go away.
every team complains to refs during the course of a game, so when someone says a team is a whiner to me that means after to the game to the media.

FCBarca
06-22-2005, 02:06 PM

A couple of things.

One, for the Pistons, the NBA has actually implemented 'Shaq' like rules specifically aimed at them and their defense after last year's dismantling of the league...The Pistons were impossible to score against and with the core intact, it wasn't going to get any easier...Hence, new rules about contact etc. that would make it hard for a team like the Pistons to succeed...Well, that didn't work out as planned as the rest of the league, for the most part (Spurs not included obviously), still cannot play any defense that resembles winning basketball...Yet, when games are decided at the freethrow line instead of on the court of play, it is infuriating both for fans and for players who hang their hat on their defense...Rasheed is ready to blow at anytime perhaps but Pistons have been justifiably upset about officiating when it's been a one way street.

Two, if Bowen was called for all of his mugging (Yeah, Rip's mask just 'fell' off last night) and Manu for all his flopping like they should be, how much would Popp and the Spurs be complaining about the officiating?...And last I checked, the Spurs are outshooting the Pistons at the freethrow line by a considerable margin (This despite the Pistons giving up the least amount of freethrows all season long) so why would the Spurs complain?

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I must say, Pistons are really, really good. Part of the reason why they are good--they have to be the MOST mentally tough team in the NBA that I have seen in years.

"Good" teams don't need to whine and complain about the other team's players being "dirty" or "crafty" or bad officiating. When those things happen (for real), you keep your mouth shut and figure out how to deal with it. To complain (especially about the officiating) is only putting your team in the cross-hairs of the already lousy officials, giving them a reason to be even harder on your team. That's wrong. There is a time and a place for that kind of talk...and the playoffs/finals ain't either the time or the place.

combs84
06-22-2005, 02:11 PM
But that was not the time nor the place to carry on like that. You're only hurting the team when you do that.

If it Hurt the team why did we proceed in going out and whooping that ass next game and thereafter? Please eplain that because we were down at the time he said that.

I'm so sick of hearing how the Spurs have so much class and the Pistons don't, its a fuggiin basketball game, get over it. Your team isn't jesus Christ himself, all the teams in the NBA complain about officiating. Yes, that includes your beloved and perfect San Antonio Spurs. The same team which had a playing grabbing his nuts in our face after making a game winning shot.

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:16 PM
A couple of things.

One, for the Pistons, the NBA has actually implemented 'Shaq' like rules specifically aimed at them and their defense after last year's dismantling of the league......Rasheed is ready to blow at anytime perhaps but Pistons have been justifiably upset about officiating when it's been a one way street.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I haven't had a good belly laugh like that in a LONG time. The Pistons are good, but they ain't that special. "Rules specifically aimed at them..."????? HA HA HA!

Two, if Bowen was called for all of his mugging (Yeah, Rip's mask just 'fell' off last night) and Manu for all his flopping like they should be, how much would Popp and the Spurs be complaining about the officiating?...And last I checked, the Spurs are outshooting the Pistons at the freethrow line by a considerable margin (This despite the Pistons giving up the least amount of freethrows all season long) so why would the Spurs complain?

If Bowen actually DID all the stuff he's accused of doing, he'd never sleep. If Manu was really doing all the "flopping" he's accused of, he'd never get up off the floor. In any case, you would not hear Pop nor the Spurs complaining to the media...if you'd read any of my other messages, you'd have gotten my point about that already. The Spurs don't complain, even when I think they have a reason. That's just a fact, and you can take it or leave it. The Pistons, however, have disappointed me all post-season long with their crying. I didn't think they did that. That was also part of my point.

They need to shut the hell up and play.

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm so sick of hearing how the Spurs have so much class and the Pistons don't, its a fuggiin basketball game, get over it. Your team isn't jesus Christ himself, all the teams in the NBA complain about officiating. Yes, that includes your beloved and perfect San Antonio Spurs. The same team which had a playing grabbing his nuts in our face after making a game winning shot.

Ask me if I care what makes you sick. I did not say the Pistons don't have class, stop putting words in my mouth. You get over it. Never said my team was "jesus Christ himself (sic)", those are your words, not mine. No, all NBA teams DO NOT complain about the officiating. The Spurs do not, never have; I won't say never will, because we will have different players and a different coach at some point. But as of now, no, they do not. You can make anything out of that photo you choose; it was not meant as an insult (I prefer to believe Robert Horry over you).

combs84
06-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Grabbing your nuts and clinching your face while looking at the opposition after a big shot isn't an insult? But bitching about officiating is the pits. I understand now.

Its funny that you say the Spurs have yet to complain about the officials. It seems Popovich and Duncan have had lots of moments this series that would prove that wrong, you must not have watched the games. It must be nice to not live in reality though.

P.S. Do you care what makes me sick?

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I used to respect them. That is true class.

I did not say the Pistons don't have class, stop putting words in my mouth.

Close enough.

slayermin
06-22-2005, 02:29 PM
I had respect for the Pistons before the series started. Now I just hate their guts.

combs84
06-22-2005, 02:30 PM
All ass and no class.

Getting closerrrr.

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Close enough.

Not true. If you keep saying I said something I did not say, I'll keep pointing out that you are putting words in my mouth. Deal?

combs84
06-22-2005, 02:32 PM
You did not say "All ass and no class."???

No class would translate into classless would it not?

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Getting closerrrr.

Go back and read the post. I said that in particular about Rasheed Wallace, about a specific action. Not the Pistons team in general.

Keep making a fool out of yourself by misquoting me and misrepresenting what I said.

combs84
06-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Right, so our players are classless, but not out team. Brilliant thinking.

*I Grab My Nuts*

I Don't mean that as an insult by the way.

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Don't give props to the enemy until the war is over

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Right, so our players are classless, but not out team. Brilliant thinking.

*I Grab My Nuts*

I Don't mean that as an insult by the way.

Once again, if anyone wants to know what I really said, please go back and read the posts and don't depend on these clowns to tell you what they think I meant. Ne'er the twain shall meet.

FoxMulder
06-22-2005, 02:45 PM
C'mon everybody chill out!!

Some Spurs and some Detroit fans must just sit and enjoy the great series theyīre giving to us. Stop the agression. Be classy, all of you.
Forget about the whining. Every team in the NBA whine. Some wins and some not.

You canīt outscore the oppositte team whining, you canīt make free throws whining, you canīdefend whining. You canīt score points whining.

Billups is playing like an All Star and a real MVP contender, Ben Wallace is defensive juggernaut the heart and soul for his team, Hunter is a great defender, Prince is a balanced player defendig and scoring, and Rasheed is in TDīs head.
As we say in this side of the world. Sheed and Ben are "eating alive" TD. Not to mention McDyess.
No one could do what they are doing now. Fight with SA. They are though, and strong, and cold head in clutch situations.

Something that the Spurs doesnīt have showed up.

The Spurs has great names. But they need to play with all his soul and effort to win.
Proving to all of us that they are as tough and strong as the Pistons are.

ONE TEAM ONE GOAL!!! GO SPURS GO!!