PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash becomes Canada team's GM (Cory Joseph included in squad)

flipspursfan
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/steve-nash-general-manager-canada-basketball-231659951.html;_ylt=AmzAQw.5nKM.Ug7r5Vf9eiu8vLYF

Well other than the fact that I'm very happy for Steve Nash and the Canadian National Basketball team, looks like Cory Joseph is included in the squad. I hope Nash's being GM and guide to this team helps Cory become a better player. Hopefully he also hires a coach that accentuates a PG's game, with Nash having played in a PG based, high-octane offense. Looks good for Cory Joseph! :flag:

urunobili
05-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Crucial for his development to make the team often.

elemento
05-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Hopefully Joseph can learn a lot from Nash. He couldn't have a better teacher.

Cory Joseph
05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Is UT (Tristan Thompson Thompson, Myck Kabongo, and Cory Joseph) the unofficial training ground for the Canadian National team?

spursfan1000
05-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Joseph dosen't really look like he has any skills that are impressive, but maybe I just haven't seen him play enough.

flipspursfan
05-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Joseph dosen't really look like he has any skills that are impressive, but maybe I just haven't seen him play enough.

Yes, true so have I. In fact, I honestly think even if he stayed in UT for another season, he wouldn't be the best guard on that squad. However, being in a squad guided by Steve Nash would do nothing but improve his development. :)

flipspursfan
05-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Crucial for his development to make the team often.

I agree, I hope Cory develops into that crucial backup PG spot the Spurs are looking for :toast

timvp
05-09-2012, 01:47 PM
In retrospect, we probably should have known Joseph would underwhelm when he averaged 3.7 points and 1.5 assists on 33% shooting in 19.5 minutes per game while playing with Canada this summer :lol :cry

BackHome
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM

Nope, you have seen enough to know he is not going to improve that much more to be our backup PG or backup SG. You can put him in the same camp as Harriston and all the others.........

flipspursfan
05-09-2012, 08:42 PM
In retrospect, we probably should have known Joseph would underwhelm when he averaged 3.7 points and 1.5 assists on 33% shooting in 19.5 minutes per game while playing with Canada this summer :lol :cry

Hopefully Nash being the GM helps improve his game. But yeah that is pathetic, considering the 60th pick in the draft I believe torched us for 28 points at one time :lol :depressed

Bruno
05-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Canada NT played last summer an horrible basketball. They were awful to watch. What they need way more than Nash doing some PR is a good coach.

AFAIK, Canada NT won't play this summer. Cory Joseph future as a Spurs will be determined by summer league and training camp. He will need to do well if he wants to have his third year option being picked. If eh doesn't do well enough, he will end up in the same situation as James Anderson or he could be salary dumped.