PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under on the number of times Pop calls for a "Wedgie-a-Reggie"

capek
05-09-2012, 02:28 PM
If the Grizz storm back and advance to the next round, this is obviously moot. But assuming we face the Clips in the next round, do you think Pop will pull the ol' Hack-a-Shaq out of his bag of tricks, and use what I'm going to call a Wedgie-a-Reggie?

quanzinelli
05-09-2012, 02:34 PM
More likely "Grab a Griffin"

Paranoid Pop
05-09-2012, 02:34 PM
He misses so badly that you're not guaranteed to get the defensive rebound tbh. Plus hacking doesn't allow us to run. I don't think we'll see a lot of it but depending of the situation it may happen.

tesseractive
05-09-2012, 02:42 PM
DeAndre Jordan so far is hitting 16% of his free throws in the playoffs. :lmao

So yeah, I think hacking at any of those three guys will be fair game if we need to try to break up their rhythm.

coyotes_geek
05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
It's Pop, so never say never, but I'd think Pop would be confident enough in the Spurs ability to defend the Clippers that he wouldn't need to make hack-a-whoever part of the gameplan.

tesseractive
05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
It's Pop, so never say never, but I'd think Pop would be confident enough in the Spurs ability to defend the Clippers that he wouldn't need to make hack-a-whoever part of the gameplan.

It's just a tactic. The Clippers have some guys without a lot of playoff experience, and they have a lousy coach. If they get in a real groove offensively, intentionally fouling someone has a chance of rattling them. Worth a shot if we need it.

quanzinelli
05-09-2012, 02:51 PM
It is not about confidence. fouling poor FT shooter has always been part of Pops arsenal. I will look for it when we are in the Clips are in the Bonus.

cheguevara
05-09-2012, 02:58 PM
fucking team of floppers it's like having 5 manu ginobilis out there

btw, memphis is winning so it is moot

timvp
05-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Somehow Kenyon Martin shot 37% at the line this year. But, yeah, if Pop is going to play the Hack game, I'd probably pick DeAndre Jordan. He seems like someone who could give you four or five misses in a row.

justinandimcool
05-09-2012, 03:48 PM
During 2 for 1 situations, definitely.

We're looking at two to three instances per game. It's gonna be great. None of the bigs can shoot, so it won't be just Reggie.

Dr Cox
05-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I dont remember Jordan playing much against the Spurs this year (kinda like Perkins for OKC) I may be wrong but I think we will see more of Griffin and Evans combo.

So hack the crap out of them.

Jess
05-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Hope it's not too often. I can only see it as a way to break a run or squeeze some more minutes out of a unit that's rolling. Possibly a way of keeping the ball out of CP3's hands in crunch time.

Otherwise you risk slowing the game down too much. It's harder to start a fast break off FT makes or misses than a rebound off a FG attempt.

capek
05-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Hope it's not too often. I can only see it as a way to break a run or squeeze some more minutes out of a unit that's rolling. Possibly a way of keeping the ball out of CP3's hands in crunch time.

Otherwise you risk slowing the game down too much. It's harder to start a fast break off FT makes or misses than a rebound off a FG attempt.

That actually works to our advantage, slowing the game down, because the Clippers are a very mediocre half court team. They have no chance against us whatsoever if the game gets slowed down and they have to rely more often on their half court game.

DMC
05-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Pop would do it to get the bigs off the floor so he can play small ball. He might do it for some extra possessions as well, but Pop likes to force the opposing coach's hand by exposing the weaknesses of his strengths, if that makes any sense.

I didn't like none of the choices in the poll because they all had reasons I disagree with. I think Pop does it for the reasons I stated.

capek
05-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Pop would do it to get the bigs off the floor so he can play small ball. He might do it for some extra possessions as well, but Pop likes to force the opposing coach's hand by exposing the weaknesses of his strengths, if that makes any sense.

I didn't like none of the choices in the poll because they all had reasons I disagree with. I think Pop does it for the reasons I stated.

One way this happens, if, and it's looking like a big if, the Clips reach the second round is simply by playing Bonner a lot of minutes when Evans is on the floor. That would totally negate Evan's defensive rebounding, and if Bonner can hit his shots, we could really hurt the Clips.

re the poll, those weren't the options I wanted exactly, but you're very limited on the number of characters you can use in the poll options. You would have chose option 2.

Spurs da champs
05-10-2012, 01:03 AM
One way this happens, if, and it's looking like a big if, the Clips reach the second round is simply by playing Bonner a lot of minutes when Evans is on the floor. That would totally negate Evan's defensive rebounding, and if Bonner can hit his shots, we could really hurt the Clips.

re the poll, those weren't the options I wanted exactly, but you're very limited on the number of characters you can use in the poll options. You would have chose option 2.
Most likely it would be Martin guarding Bonner, Evans would guard Splitter.

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 04:05 AM
Free-throw Line Jordan

capek
05-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks like the "liberally" group wins it :lol