PDA

View Full Version : Tim Donaghy is back for the playoffs

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2012, 09:36 PM
w9CRqId6yKw

Spursfan092120
05-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Things like this make me wonder how he ever had anything to do with the NBA. Yeah..Blake got away with a pushoff...but he's been getting away with it all season. And OKC being the best team in the league? Come on...

blah blah blah
05-09-2012, 09:43 PM
boo hoo they missed a call.

I've watched every game of this series and there's been nothing fishy at all. IMHO, they're actually letting Z-Bo get away with a lot on Griffin.

WeNeedLength
05-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Who the fuck is Guh-sail??? :lmao

mabrignani
05-09-2012, 10:13 PM
that wasnt even a push....this guy is a tool

BRHornet45
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
sons people can hate on Tim all they want, but everything he points out is 100% accurate.

lol some of yall just don't want to admit that the NBA attempts to control the outcome of selected playoff games. "its still real to me damnit!!!" - casual NBA / WWE fan

Hooks
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
The calls that the refs make up 100% of the time are the calls they cannot see. I'm talking about the calls where the refs are like on the other side of the court, or reach in fouls where the ref is behind the guy that got fouled, the defender is eclipsed by the offensive player and the ref makes up a call. You know it's 100% BS because there is absolutely no way the ref that made the call can actually see what's happening.

dbreiden83080
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
:lol

Great Job NBA hiring this guy

Great job....

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2012, 10:42 PM
sons people can hate on Tim all they want, but everything he points out is 100% accurate.

lol some of yall just don't want to admit that the NBA attempts to control the outcome of selected playoff games. "its still real to me damnit!!!" - casual NBA / WWE fan
2 Points you can't deny

- NBA is the easiest pro sport to fix or more precisely alter

- NBA was a nobody 30 years ago

dbreiden83080
05-09-2012, 10:46 PM
2 Points you can't deny

- NBA is the easiest pro sport to fix or more precisely alter

- NBA was a nobody 30 years ago

If any fan thinks it's fixed there is NO point in watching.. If you think there is even a chance your team is not getting a fair shot there is no point in watching..

No point in bitching about it..

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
If any fan thinks it's fixed there is NO point in watching.. If you think there is even a chance your team is not getting a fair shot there is no point in watching..

No point in bitching about it..
Would you agree that refs alter their calls from game to game & for example when experienced championship coaches (Phil Jackson) complain following a game?

Or that superstars get special treatment?

NFL, MLB, or Futbol: these are not the case

BRHornet45
05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
son its the same reason people watch television, movies, WWE wrestling, you name it ... the NBA is entertaining, but only a FOOL would think it is a legit basketball competition. the NBA consist of about ...

25% - legit, world class basketball

75% - carefully controlled, partially scripted, sports entertainment

dbreiden83080
05-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Would you agree that refs alter their calls from game to game & for example when experienced championship coaches (Phil Jackson) complain following a game?

Or that superstars get special treatment?

NFL, MLB, or Futbol: these are not the case

I think the refs try and do the best job they can.. I don't think about any conspiracies. If you don't feel your team is winning or losing based on how good they are then you should not be watching..

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
I think the refs try and do the best job they can.. I don't think about any conspiracies. If you don't feel your team is winning or losing based on how good they are then you should not be watching..
It would be naive for me to think MJ or Phil didn't receive some special treatment. You can argue MJ earned his stripes unlike guys these days but the point remains

I think the success of Magic, Bird & then MJ established the NBA as a league of Stars. This is not the case in other sports where they market the game NOT the players.

Deuce Bigalow
05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
son its the same reason people watch television, movies, WWE wrestling, you name it ... the NBA is entertaining, but only a FOOL would think it is a legit basketball competition. the NBA consist of about ...

:lmao

blah blah blah
05-09-2012, 11:20 PM

If the Hornets ever won an NBA title you would turn a blind eye

dbreiden83080
05-09-2012, 11:24 PM
It would be naive for me to think MJ or Phil didn't receive some special treatment. You can argue MJ earned his stripes unlike guys these days but the point remains

I think the success of Magic, Bird & then MJ established the NBA as a league of Stars. This is not the case in other sports where they market the game NOT the players.

The way i see it the Spurs won 4 titles in the Duncan era and everyone in the media said

"They are boring we don't like them in the finals"

Ratings were down and it was bad press for the NBA..

The league did not conspire against them to lose.. Fans come up with some crazy shit to excuse their team blowing it.. ..

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2012, 11:29 PM
The way i see it the Spurs won 4 titles in the Duncan era and everyone in the media said

"They are boring we don't like them in the finals"

Ratings were down and it was bad press for the NBA..

The league did not conspire against them to lose.. Fans come up with some crazy shit to excuse their team blowing it.. ..
How crazy or difficult is it for *someone* to direct a certain ref to call 2 early questionable fouls? You do that with a teams main post player & it will certainty put them in a hole

DMC
05-09-2012, 11:44 PM

Props to you for keeping the faith against all odds, and to the South where you reside who faithfully follow fake wrestling. Your trolls are a testament to your faithfulness, tbh, as you have nothing else to talk about by playoff time each year.

TampaDude
05-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Things like this make me wonder how he ever had anything to do with the NBA. Yeah..Blake got away with a pushoff...but he's been getting away with it all season. And OKC being the best team in the league? Come on...

^ this

The Spurs are clearly the best team in the NBA right now. :hat

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2012, 01:00 AM
:lol NewcastleKeg loved the NBA, earlier in the season..

For the last week or so, he's been hating, tbh..

I wonder what occurred during this period of time..

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 03:52 AM
:lol NewcastleKeg loved the NBA, earlier in the season..

For the last week or so, he's been hating, tbh..

I wonder what occurred during this period of time..

This.

Technique
05-10-2012, 05:37 AM
"The cats are flopping all over the floor and they're calling that shit. That shit ain't basketball out there, it's all fucking entertainment. You all should know that shit, it's all fucking entertainment."

Wallace, Rasheed

LkrFan
05-10-2012, 05:52 AM
"The cats are flopping all over the floor and they're calling that shit. That shit ain't basketball out there, it's all fucking entertainment. You all should know that shit, it's all fucking entertainment."

Wallace, Rasheed

:lol

Harry Callahan
05-10-2012, 06:46 AM
I saw Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap do the same thing to San Antonio players and it had nothing to do with market size.

Donaghey (don't care if it's misspelled) is a disgraced referee who lost his livelihood, his family, and friends because he had a gambling problem and was possibly tied to the mob.

Its also clear he is advertising or is sponsored by a sports gambling service. This fool does not have a lot of credibility. If calls are determined now by market size, why was he saying officials were making calls for San Antonio back in 2007? Can't have it both ways.

I don't think San Antonio magically grew into a large market team five years ago.

J.T.
05-10-2012, 07:09 AM
lol i just watched the youtube of the palace brawl from 2004 and totally forgot donaghy was a ref in that game. what's even funnier is donaghy would probably take a time machine back to that night right now if someone offered it to him.

J.T.
05-10-2012, 07:10 AM
lol i just watched the youtube of the palace brawl from 2004 and totally forgot donaghy was a ref in that game. what's even funnier is donaghy would probably take a time machine back to that night right now if someone offered it to him.

You're probably right J.T. but don't you think he'd rather go back to before the game so he could bet on the Pacers?

J.T.
05-10-2012, 07:11 AM
You're probably right J.T. but don't you think he'd rather go back to before the game so he could bet on the Pacers?

I mean if we're gonna go there wouldn't he just place a bet on Artest going into the stands? That bet probably paid 99,999,999 to 1.