05-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Who you guys cheering for in game 6 & 7? :smokin

JaVale McGee.

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2012, 02:17 AM
fodder for the thunder btw

Sense
05-10-2012, 02:18 AM
Lakers so they get on with it already... same with the other leading teams..

Splits
05-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Hoping either Kobe or Miller pulls a Baron Davis and, with the extended games, one of them ends up with their kneecap closer to their hip than their shin. Preferably Kobe.

mkurts
05-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Nuggets ..... I really think Bynum needs to suffer a nasty injury as that will definitely help with his attitude problem.

Cry Havoc
05-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Nuggets. Would be hilarious to see Kobe with two all-star bigs getting the boot in the first round.

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Gallo.

Manufan909
05-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Nuggets baby!!!

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Go Nuggets! Fuck the Lakers! :flag: :flag: :flag:

Legacy
05-10-2012, 04:47 AM
JaVale McGee.

Nah. His Big Bad Mama over here! :lmao

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1100568/mcmom.gif

Legacy
05-10-2012, 05:10 AM

Oh yeah... and this, of course. Grazie mille, Venti Quattro. :lol

temujin
05-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Nuggets, despite Gallinari.

TheSkeptic
05-10-2012, 06:51 AM

I thought you were a Laker fan what happened? :lol

For myself, I don't like Gallo but I really really hate the Lakers. I've been pulling for the Nuggets since the beginning and they've exceeded my expectations tbh.

Richie
05-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Lakers will give the Thunder a tougher series. The Thunder will sweep Denver, so I'm rooting for the Lakers to make it to the 2nd round

Wild Cobra Kai
05-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Nuggets, so the Lakers draw the second round b2b with OKC. Take this bitch to SE7EN.

8FOR!3
05-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Nuggets are actually a likable team. JaVale McGee might be a fucking dumb ass but he's entertaining to watch. Andre Miller is one of the underrated point guards of this decade, Ty Lawson's dirty, and they have Dirkaglu.

mexicanjunior
05-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Nuggets...

coyotes_geek
05-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Nuggets.

SpurinDallas
05-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Nuggets, but then the Lakers in Game 7. A Lakers-Thunder series would be epic

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 10:13 AM
I would actually like the Nuggets to win the series. Spurs and Thunder will win their second rounds both at 5 games tbh. Spurs with 6 max.

thispego
05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
nuggets 6

lakers 7

dont want the thunder having a cake walk in round 2

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Nuggets as the longer the series goes on Karl's astute coaching will further expose underlying weaknesses with the Laker's and it would be an all time great choke if LAL lost it with a commanding 3-1 lead.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2012, 10:48 AM
I hope JjjaVale breaks bynums knee cap

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I hope JjjaVale breaks bynums knee cap

I do not wish injuries on anyone but I do wish he continues to outplay him - this kid in DC had so much talent but so much stupidity that if he overcomes some of that and continues to play hard he is one of the few bigs who can dominate Bynum with pure athleticism.

sehui
05-10-2012, 10:53 AM
javaaaaaaalle mcgeeeeeee nigga!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
What all has McGee done that people call him so stupid

Mel_13
05-10-2012, 11:12 AM

_5RdCiKL290

Malice
05-10-2012, 11:52 AM
pretty much sums it up. lol

Horse
05-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Nuggets, If that mcgee ever gets his head out of his ass he will be a force.

Spurs da champs
05-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Well he hasn't made many bonehead plays with Denver

spursfan1000
05-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Lakers so they can give thunder a run for their money!

Keepin' it real
05-10-2012, 01:29 PM

Just check out the way his mom was looking at him during game 4 ... you could tell she was thinking, "You damn fool."

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/javale-mcgee-mom.jpg

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 01:32 PM
wizards team is a team of dumb shits

I have to accept Karl is a pretty good coach

Obstructed_View
05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
After McGee's good game, he was interviewed and asked about all the heat he took. Given an opportunity to go back at the people who have ridiculed him, he instead took the high road and said that he's continuing to try to improve. The kid is now one of my favorite players. I really can't blame his mom for being really pumped that he's redeeming himself on the biggest stage.

TDomination
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
_5RdCiKL290

:rollin

i saw the shaq version of his worst plays, but that didn't include the attempted dunk from the free throw line, INGAME.

haha, thats just funny

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2012, 04:44 PM
doesnt he look like ice t

YoMamaIsCallin
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Denver in 7, just so that MWP doesn't get to play in the playoffs this year.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Nuggets. Would be hilarious, after Bynum's comment about how relatively easy it is to win closeout games, for the Nuggets to win their closeout game - in Game 7 - by easily crushing the Lakers by thirty points.

Pocket Hippo
05-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Go Nuggets!
The Lakers have nothing in their game to cheer about and no one likeable to cheer for.

George Karl, McGee, Andre Miller, gritty team-first play = all reasons to cheer the Nuggets.

Neither will get past the Thunder but I would rather the Nuggets get a little more attention for what Karl has been able to do with those pieces.

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Nuggets, If that mcgee ever gets his head out of his ass he will be a force.

Agree to some extent.

PingPong
05-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Lakers getting owned, doing flagrand fouls...

T Park
05-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Im with Obstructed, McGhee may be dumb, but he busts his ass and wants to win.

I think the kid gets way too much flack.

PingPong
05-10-2012, 11:22 PM
McGee is tall as hell, he does tons of blocks with ease... but he's too dumb in offense. Denver ahead by 19 right now.

phxspurfan
05-11-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm a fan of George Karl. Go Nuggs

GSH
05-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm enjoying the Lakers getting their asses totally kicked by the Nuggets tonight. The Lakers caught up a little in garbage time, but this was a total blowout.

I expect the next game in LA to be an atrocity, from an officiating standpoint. And I have my doubts that Denver will be able to overcome. But after tonight, who knows? Right now I'm just smelling the roses.

PingPong
05-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Owned by a bunch of scrubs and MGee...

:lol:lol:lol

If most of the nuggets players weren't that bad, it would be 30+ victory.

:lol
:lol

Obstructed_View
05-11-2012, 12:33 AM
I think the kid gets way too much flack.

tbh, his lowlights still make me lol. He's always had talent, though.

Do stupid NBA players ever grow up and get smarter? None come to mind. Maybe JaVale can be the first.

Yuixafun
05-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Nuggets. Would be hilarious, after Bynum's comment about how relatively easy it is to win closeout games, for the Nuggets to win their closeout game - in Game 7 - by easily crushing the Lakers by thirty points.

That's eerily reminiscent of when...

In a rather infamous moment, during the 2003 NBA Playoffs, the Magic (who were an #8 seed) surprisingly took a 3–1 series lead against the heavily favored #1 seed Detroit Pistons.

Prior to the fifth game in Detroit, McGrady was quoted as saying

"It feels good to finally be in the 2nd round."

Orlando, however, lost Games 5, 6, and 7 by an average of more than 20 points, and Detroit advanced to the second round.

jesterbobman
05-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Not particularly surprising that the series is tough. Over the course of the season, the Nuggets point differential was almost twice the size of the Lakers differential.

Go Nuggets.

Legacy
05-11-2012, 12:41 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm enjoying the Lakers getting their asses totally kicked by the Nuggets tonight. The Lakers caught up a little in garbage time, but this was a total blowout.

I expect the next game in LA to be an atrocity, from an officiating standpoint. And I have my doubts that Denver will be able to overcome. But after tonight, who knows? Right now I'm just smelling the roses.

:lol OMG. I so fucking agree with you, GSH. ... And boy, the roses are smelling pretty damn lovely right now. MMmmmm-Uhmmm. Aaaaaaahhhh... :p:

freetiago
05-11-2012, 01:36 AM
mcgee isnt as bad as people think
he played on washington first where there veteran leadership was andre blatche
he had free reign to do whatever he wanted and they made him a #1/2 option on offense which exposed him
right now hes a cleanup type guy like farried
Hes also had a lot of double doubles/20+ pt games but espn only shows the dumb plays he makes
some of which arent even that bad like the goaltends

will_spurs
05-11-2012, 01:57 AM
JMG isn't that bad. The lame triple-double really hurt his rep, but otherwise nothing was really egregious. Running back to D when he thought his team had lost the ball looks boneheaded, but would be viewed favorably by many coaches. Attempting a dunk from way too far... hmm, haven't we seen a Spurs player do that recently, and by that I mean a player who currently doesn't have 1/10th of JMG athleticism?

So yeah, I'm definitely in the camp of cutting the kid a bit more slack...

capek
05-11-2012, 03:24 AM
This series' Nuggets might be the first non-Spurs team I've actually enjoyed watching in the playoffs. Mainly because it's so fun to watch the Lakers lose, and look inept in the process. Game 7 is going to be bananas, and I'll be rooting for the Nuggets to whoop some ass.

Manufan909
05-11-2012, 03:38 AM
So why do a couple people not like Gallo on here? Last season, besides Nene and Wilson he was my favorite player. This year he pretty much is, but I followed the Nuggets even less, what with the lockout and all.

Legacy
05-11-2012, 03:39 AM
This series' Nuggets might be the first non-Spurs team I've actually enjoyed watching in the playoffs. Mainly because it's so fun to watch the Lakers lose, and look inept in the process. Game 7 is going to be bananas, and I'll be rooting for the Nuggets to whoop some ass.

:rollin

... In a nutshell.

Fireball
05-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Most enjoyable is always a Spurs win ... but a Lakers loss comes in second! The greatest thing is if both comes together!!!

YoMamaIsCallin
05-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Denver in 7, just so that MWP doesn't get to play in the playoffs this year.

OK that was stupid. Forgot that he was suspended for the last regular season game and has now completed his suspension. He will play in Game 7.

Well hopefully it will be his only playoff game this year.

TheSkeptic
05-11-2012, 07:26 AM
So why do a couple people not like Gallo on here? Last season, besides Nene and Wilson he was my favorite player. This year he pretty much is, but I followed the Nuggets even less, what with the lockout and all.

I would like to have a rational explanation but the truth is I just don't.:lol

It started off as not liking his trash-talking ways in New York and gradually expanded to not liking him at all. Not on the level that I dislike Lebron and Wade but you know...I guess maybe his demeanour rubs me the wrong way or something?

It's nothing that stops me from cheering for him though since I like most of the other Nuggets.

Jimcs50
05-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Lakers take game 7.

World Peace will stop the post up game by Miller dead in it's tracks. Denver will regress back to 23% shooting from downtown.

Lakers will win by 12.

blkroadrunners
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
_5RdCiKL290

:lol That "#2 ...just watch" cracks me up.

Typical London Boy
05-11-2012, 10:34 AM
I think it's in our best interests if the Lakers prevail, as I could envision OKC making quick work of the Nuggets. Thunder/Lakers has Game 7 written all over it, which will hopefully buy us some rest.

kidd_91
05-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Why do people feel the Lakers would give the Thunder more problems. I don't see a switch being flipped this year. Go Nuggets!

Yuixafun
05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Yea at this point I see the Lakers as flawed and presenting little resistance to the the hungry to prove themselves/ wanting to payback MWP with fiery play Thunder.

Let the Nuggets who are of the same mold and desire.. let the young pups bash each others brains in
while the Spurs hone their sharpness on the Grizzlies and ignite their own vengeance inferno.

My ideal scenario, the Spurs primed and victorious, vanquishing the Grizzlies in 5, battle tested and exorcising the demons of last year (little ones) while the Thunder come in jubilant but weary after playing the altitude boys in 6.

flipspursfan
05-11-2012, 11:53 AM
After McGee's good game, he was interviewed and asked about all the heat he took. Given an opportunity to go back at the people who have ridiculed him, he instead took the high road and said that he's continuing to try to improve. The kid is now one of my favorite players. I really can't blame his mom for being really pumped that he's redeeming himself on the biggest stage.

You have a link of that video kind sir? :)

Rummpd
05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Nuggets as if they beat LAL they will have no fear and will take a lot of energy into the Thunder series. I used to think LAL would handle Thunder but now no way with all the distraction and uneven play so might as well give the Nuggets a shot. Plus it would be priceless to see Kobe leave the floor after a game 7 loss to the unhyped Nuggets.

ALVAREZ6
05-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Nuggets. Ultimately because I'm more afraid of the Lakers than the young, stupid Thunder. Ron Artest has been out, which adds to it, and the size they have down low can be problematic for the Spurs. If Gasol and Bynum have really good games, they're tough to beat.

ALVAREZ6
05-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh yeah, and Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol getting booted from the 1st round would be pretty good too I suppose.

:lmao Kobe mad his flu game didn't go like Jordan's :lol

Obstructed_View
05-11-2012, 12:32 PM
You have a link of that video kind sir? :)

Nope. You can google the Sager interview after the next game and he doesn't take the bait on Bynum's comments either.

Bruno
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Even if on the paper, Lakers winning the series would be better for Spurs because they should make the WCSF harder for OKC especially if Perkins is out/limited, I'll root for the Nuggets. I enjoy too much seeing Lakers failing.

Fuck the Lakers.

Tp9gospursgo
05-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Nuggets, they are playing lights out right now.

Beaverfuzz
05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Let's go Butt Nuggets!

temujin
05-11-2012, 04:58 PM

He is for the wrong football team and WAY too loud about it.
Casciavid.

He also played for the wrong basketball team here.

There is nothing reallly right about this guy.

temujin
05-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Lakers take game 7.

World Peace will stop the post up game by Miller dead in it's tracks. Denver will regress back to 23% shooting from downtown.

Lakers will win by 12.

This.

Not with joey Crawford, though.
They had him on Game 5 and didn't do any good.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I want the Nuggets to win, but part of me will be sad if the Spurs don't get their chance to crush the Lakers in the WCF.

TD 21
05-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Even if on the paper, Lakers winning the series would be better for Spurs because they should make the WCSF harder for OKC especially if Perkins is out/limited, I'll root for the Nuggets. I enjoy too much seeing Lakers failing.

Fuck the Lakers.

I agree.

Unfortunately, those of us that know out stuff know that that's not how it's going to play out. The league/TV networks have already got to be bracing themselves for the Spurs or even Thunder (sure, they're sexier to the ignorant masses, but they're also a small market) being in the Finals, there's no way they're not at least having the Lakers in the second round, in a match-up that's bound to draw big ratings. And given that there's virtually no chance of the Nuggets winning going away, if it's close, but they're up/in control late, you can be sure that at least a few highly questionable calls will go against them.

But I don't even think it'll be all that close. Maybe the Lakers bigs are running on fumes, but that will be their undoing against the Thunder. Not now, when all they have to do is summon whatever they have left for one game against an inferior team. Like the Heat, we know these arrogant pricks only play to their capabilities when the spirit moves them and suffice it to say, game seven qualifies.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-12-2012, 02:46 PM
It's funny hearing Laker fans make excuses about missing MWP for the series so far blah blah blah, do they not realize that the Nuggets are without Chandler and Fernandez?!

My heart says Nuggets by 8 tonight, but my head says refs by 10

WeNeedLength
05-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Butt Nuggets FTW!

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 02:50 PM
It's funny hearing Laker fans make excuses about missing MWP for the series so far blah blah blah, do they not realize that the Nuggets are without Chandler and Fernandez?!

My heart says Nuggets by 8 tonight, but my head says refs by 10

You posted about Lakers fans making excuses and yet you make your own.

Mugen
05-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Will be very surprised to see the Nuggs win tonight. They are clearly the better team but a West Final Four of SA/Mem/OKC/Den would be a nightmare for Stern :lol

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Why is it a nightmare? Because you say so? Because the Celtics and the Heat didn't advance? Because you think Oklahoma City -Denver wouldn't kill it in a series? Or is it another case of the Spurfan victim complex?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-12-2012, 02:54 PM
:lol but the missing players excuse is a wash for both teams. The refs excuse is legit coz even you know the Nuggets won't get a fair call in game 7 in LA

WeNeedLength
05-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Why is it a nightmare? Because you say so? Because the Celtics and the Heat didn't advance? Because you think Oklahoma City -Denver wouldn't kill it in a series? Or is it another case of the Spurfan victim complex?

Uhhhhhhhhhh ratings?????? :lol

Mugen
05-12-2012, 02:57 PM

It's pretty much common sense that Stern prefers at least one big market in the WCSF.

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhh ratings?????? :lol

You're one of those ratings whores who care so much for media ratings. Just because you root for the Spurs and they used to kill ratings every year doesn't mean it's the case this year.

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 02:58 PM
It's pretty much common sense that Stern prefers at least one big market in the WCSF.

He could pick the Clippers -- they play in Los Angeles, a big, big market, right?

Mugen
05-12-2012, 03:00 PM
He could pick the Clippers -- they play in Los Angeles, a big, big market, right?

He still has a chance to. They're not playing game 7 at home though.

Don't get so defensive, Lakers gonna pull it out tonight and get stomped out by OKC.

We both expected this before the start of the playoffs.

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 03:00 PM
:lol but the missing players excuse is a wash for both teams. The refs excuse is legit coz even you know the Nuggets won't get a fair call in game 7 in LA

You already have pre-conditioned your mind to the inferior thinking that Denver won't get a call in LA, instead of thinking that they will come in there and beat LA's asses. Loser's mentality will lose your team Game 7. Not the referees.

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 03:02 PM
He still has a chance to. They're not playing game 7 at home though.

Don't get so defensive, Lakers gonna pull it out tonight and get stomped out by OKC.

We both expected this before the start of the playoffs.

I'm not being defensive. I'm just pointing out the mundane thinking in this thread.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-12-2012, 03:03 PM
You already have pre-conditioned your mind to the inferior thinking that Denver won't get a call in LA, instead of thinking that they will come in there and beat LA's asses. Loser's mentality will lose your team Game 7. Not the referees.

:lmao @ thinking my mentality affects the team.

Nuggets themselves don't have a losing mentality, it's the Lakers big men that have the loser mentality.

Obstructed_View

I think he posted about Lakers fans making excuses when the Nuggets have the exact same excuse, but theirs is about a hundred times better.

Try and keep up. You're better than that.

Venti Quattro
:lmao @ thinking my mentality affects the team.

Nuggets themselves don't have a losing mentality, it's the Lakers big men that have the loser mentality.

Good to know. The best of luck later.

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I think he posted about Lakers fans making excuses when the Nuggets have the exact same excuse, but theirs is about a hundred times better.

Try and keep up. You're better than that.

I'm not one to make excuses. The fact that they need Ron Artest to beat the Nuggets is downright pathetic.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't think it's a given that the Lakers are going to get calls. The Grizzlies got all the calls in LA last night and there's no way that's what the NBA wants. I think it's just bad officiating with no ulterior motive.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
05-12-2012, 05:32 PM
As a Spurs fans, I naturally want the Lakers to lose, but I'm trying to balance that with deciding which team would be a harder matchup for the Thunder. I think OKC beats either, but Lakers/Thunder would an interesting collision of styles. Denver/OKC would be hectic and fun.

emanueldavidginobili
05-12-2012, 06:50 PM
I feel like the Nuggets will give the Thunder a tougher fight, theyre well coached and love their tempo, the Thunder will run the Lakers off the court just like the Nuggets are doing

slick'81
05-12-2012, 07:24 PM
not cheering for either lol.As much as id love for la to fall on their face and collapse i dont c denver going in their and punking kobe and mwpunk

admiralfats
05-12-2012, 07:31 PM
if the nuggets play with the same confidence they have been, i think bynum and gasol both have to play up to par, kobe has to be okay, and they need someone to hit some threes. I think the nuggets will play well, and I don't see the lakers putting it together with all the turmoil swirling. Nuggets seem like favorites to me.

hopefully they don't come out and choke it up.