PDA

View Full Version : The succinct Truth - Spurs will win it all

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Ethan ((Providence))

Sup John, who do you actually have winning the title? Why?

John Hollinger (12:25 PM)

Spurs. Because they're better than everybody else.

Sense
05-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Because this is the first time we hear Hollinger say this.

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Honestly if anyone has watched closely the Spurs shread the Thunder, Lakers, Grizz this year who could pick anyone else except plausibly the Heat???

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Joe (NY)

You are basing picking the Spurs on them beating a horrible Utah team in the 1st round?? Whether they draw LAC or Mem in round 2 and then OKC or LAL in round 3 it is gonna be alot tougher

John Hollinger (12:33 PM)

I'm picking them based on their going 28-3 in their past 31 games, and winning the season series against every remaining team in the West, with at least one humiliating win against every one of them, and going. Or how about this: They're 22-3 in their past 25 road games. Two of the losses came when they sat their starters. Nobody's beating them.

Bill_Brasky
05-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Joe (NY)

You are basing picking the Spurs on them beating a horrible Utah team in the 1st round?? Whether they draw LAC or Mem in round 2 and then OKC or LAL in round 3 it is gonna be alot tougher

I'm picking them based on their going 28-3 in their past 31 games, and winning the season series against every remaining team in the West, with at least one humiliating win against every one of them, and going. Or how about this: They're 22-3 in their past 25 road games. Two of the losses came when they sat their starters. Nobody's beating them.

That's a crazy fuckin stat.

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 11:35 AM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/43758

Link for full transcripts lot of non believers in the Spurs out there.

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 11:40 AM
premature ejaculation forum

capek
05-10-2012, 11:54 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkp6zl6FnA1qcp3wfo1_500.gif

bklynspursfan
05-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Joe (NY)

Miami would have the 3 best players in a series against the Spurs. Tough to overcome that even considering Heats lack of depth
John Hollinger (12:43 PM)

Two best, yes. But I'd argue 3, 4 and 5 play for San Antonio, as do 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Chalmers could probably be the Spurs' 10th man if he applied himself; he's the fourth-best payer on Miami. That's why I'd take San Antonio.

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Trollinger with the goods

HarlemHo 37
05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Congratulations Ant (SA), you beat the buzzer.

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
A salient case can be made that Parker is outplaying Wade the last 1/3 of the season and historically when healthy Manu has had a PER near or higher than Wade some seasons. A fully functioning and hot Manu is a good retort for Wade any day and Parker will be effective. James will be called upon to cover Parker and if other Spurs stay hot, in particular Duncan inside, Spurs could roll Miami.

Splits
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Chalmers could probably be the Spurs' 10th man if he applied himself; he's the fourth-best payer on Miami.

I bet nobody outside of San Antonio likes hearing this, but it is so damn true. Go up and down the roster of every team remaining, find their 4th best guy, and tell me if he could crack the Spurs rotation.

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Screw the non-believers, Spurs stay healthy and Pop does not revert to Blair ball, nobody beating the Spurs.

thispego
05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Joe (NY)

Miami would have the 3 best players in a series against the Spurs. Tough to overcome that even considering Heats lack of depth

Two best, yes. But I'd argue 3, 4 and 5 play for San Antonio, as do 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Chalmers could probably be the Spurs' 10th man if he applied himself; he's the fourth-best payer on Miami. That's why I'd take San Antonio.

:lmao fuckin scoffed that dude!

Leetonidas
05-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I bet nobody outside of San Antonio likes hearing this, but it is so damn true. Go up and down the roster of every team remaining, find their 4th best guy, and tell me if he could crack the Spurs rotation.

Thunder: Ibaka
Clippers: Butler
Grizzlies: Conley
Nuggets: McGee
Lakers: Sessions/MWP/Barnes?
Celtics: Allen
Hawks: Teague
Pacers: George/Hill
Bulls: Boozer
Sixers: Young/Brand

Most of those guys would make our rotation

hater
05-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Chalmers could probably be the Spurs' 10th man if he applied himself; he's the fourth-best payer on Miami.

holy fuck

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

owned

HarlemHo 37
05-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Chicago: Rose, Deng, Boozer, Noah
Boston: Garnett, Pierce, Rondo, Allen
Philly: Holiday, Hawes, Igoadala, Williams
La Clippers: Paul, Griffin, Young, Martin
La Lakers: Bryant, Bynum, Gasol, Sessions
Indiana: Hibbert, Granger, George, West
Memphis: Randolph, Gasol, Gay, Conley
OKC: Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka
Denver: Lawson, Gallinari, Faried, Harrington

You got me with Atlanta. Miami has no depth to begin with.

HarlemHo 37
05-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Thunder: Ibaka
Clippers: Butler
Grizzlies: Conley
Nuggets: McGee
Lakers: Sessions/MWP/Barnes?
Celtics: Allen
Hawks: Teague
Pacers: George/Hill
Bulls: Boozer
Sixers: Young/Brand

Most of those guys would make our rotation

McGee isn't the fourth best player on the Nuggets and no he wouldn't.

Dr Cox
05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
LOL i love it mr hollinger!

Ace
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
LeBron all by himself beat the shit out the Spurs. Spurs have no chancePERIOD...

Leetonidas
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
McGee isn't the fourth best player on the Nuggets and no he wouldn't.

You're right, forgot about Chandler and Faried as well. But c'mon son, he just dropped like 21/14 on Bynum the other night. You really think someone with his size and athleticism/talent wouldn't make the Spurs frontline rotation? :lol Dumb players like him need a coach like Pop, I think he would thrive here

Dr Cox
05-10-2012, 12:59 PM
LeBron all by himself beat the shit out the Spurs. Spurs have no chancePERIOD...

thats cute

coyotes_geek
05-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Chalmers, Teague and whoever you want to consider as Philly's 4th best player would be the only ones who wouldn't crack the Spurs rotation TBH.

Serge Ibaka not only cracks the Spurs rotation, he starts.

HarlemHo 37
05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
You're right, forgot about Chandler and Faried as well. But c'mon son, he just dropped like 21/14 on Bynum the other night. You really think someone with his size and athleticism/talent wouldn't make the Spurs frontline rotation? :lol Dumb players like him need a coach like Pop, I think he would thrive here

I still think the other night was a fluke tbh. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while. Blair's had some monster games in the past too and I'm not sure who I'd rather have as my last option big off the bench. I'm not sure Pop can handle two Blairs on the same team:lol

Juggity
05-10-2012, 01:19 PM

With RJ on the court, and before the addition of Diaw, Jackson, Mills.

And let's not forget that even with our shittier roster at the time, the Spurs were still winning handily for the first half of the game.

Ace
05-10-2012, 01:31 PM
With RJ on the court, and before the addition of Diaw, Jackson, Mills.

And let's not forget that even with our shittier roster at the time, the Spurs were still winning handily for the first half of the game.

:lmao Half?

Seventyniner
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Most playoff teams' 4th-best players would make the Spurs rotation, as evidenced by the list. How about 6th-best, though?

Thunder: Sefolosha, maybe
Lakers: Barnes, doubt it
Grizzlies: Allen, probably cause of his D
Clippers: Butler, hell naw
Nuggets: Birdman? maaaaaybe
Bulls: Asik, probably cause of his D
Heat: Mike Miller, doubtful
Pacers: Hill, naw, been there done that
Celtics: Bradley, probably cause of his D
Hawks: Pachulia, nah
Sixers: Hawes, maybe

Proceed to laugh at my selections of the 6th-best players.

timtonymanurich
05-10-2012, 01:37 PM

^^^ HELL. FUGGIN'. YEAH.

:nope:nope

:ihit:ihit

:flag:

Leetonidas
05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I still think the other night was a fluke tbh. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while. Blair's had some monster games in the past too and I'm not sure who I'd rather have as my last option big off the bench. I'm not sure Pop can handle two Blairs on the same team:lol

True but then again Blair wouldn't be such a shitty player if he was McGee's size. With Javale, it's obvious he has talent and crazy athleticism he's just an idiot. He needs order and a disciplined system, something Popovich can give him

Leetonidas
05-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Most playoff teams' 4th-best players would make the Spurs rotation, as evidenced by the list. How about 6th-best, though?

Thunder: Sefolosha, maybe
Lakers: Barnes, doubt it
Grizzlies: Allen, probably cause of his D
Clippers: Butler, hell naw
Nuggets: Birdman? maaaaaybe
Bulls: Asik, probably cause of his D
Heat: Mike Miller, doubtful
Pacers: Hill, naw, been there done that
Celtics: Bradley, probably cause of his D
Hawks: Pachulia, nah
Sixers: Hawes, maybe

Proceed to laugh at my selections of the 6th-best players.

Sefolosha would be the best wing defender on the team, of course he'd make the rotation.

Juggity
05-10-2012, 01:50 PM

With RJ on the floor against your team, we were lucky to get that. It's a pretty damn impressive accomplishment. And now that we're able to close out games (did Miami sweep, or was that the Spurs?), I imagine you're feeling a little bit concerned. :lol

Don't worry, it's natural.

TheCerebral1
05-10-2012, 01:52 PM

That's laughable. The total concept of not having a chance against a team with a meat head like Bosh doesn't really worry me. Let's worry abou the Eastern Conference if and only if we raise the silver ball before the gold.

Ace
05-10-2012, 01:55 PM
http://www.nbaloud.com/images/san-antonio-spurs-with-the-championship-trophy1.jpg

Relevance?

quanzinelli
05-10-2012, 01:57 PM
2007 LeBron and his Cavs lost to our Spurs ... he did not beat the Spurs all by himself

sa_butta
05-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Relevance?

Thats the team that swept Lebron in the 07 finals.

Ace
05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
That's not the same team you cocksuckers, that team played defense and would not have got swept by the Suns or beaten by an 8th seed....

bklynspursfan
05-10-2012, 02:19 PM

No Manu and No Wade that Game. Lebron had free reigns to shoot as many shots as he wanted. And they dropped. They don't usually drop. Not to mention Mike Millker went 6-6 from 3. Good luck banking on that happening again!! :lol

We'll see if they meet up. Miami made a big addition with Ronny Turiaf. Dude's been beasting lately waving that towel on the bench, and jumping around on high flying dunks.

We've added some pieces that have contributed in a big way. I guess we will see :flag:

Ace
05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
No Manu and No Wade that Game. Lebron had free reigns to shoot as many shots as he wanted. And they dropped. They don't usually drop. Not to mention Mike Millker went 6-6 from 3. Good luck banking on that happening again!! :lol

We'll see if they meet up. Miami made a big addition with Ronny Turiaf. Dude's been beasting lately waving that towel on the bench, and jumping around on high flying dunks.

We've added some pieces that have contributed in a big way. I guess we will see :flag:

Don't usually drop? What's LeBron's FG%?

BlairForceDejuan
05-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Joe (NY)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/155/594/yesitis2.gif?1318992465

bklynspursfan
05-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Don't usually drop? What's LeBron's FG%?

He's a streaky shooter. And the bulk of his shots are off dunks man...

See for yourself

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#LeBron-James|2544;year=201112;season=r

Fireball
05-10-2012, 02:38 PM
If the Spurs focus on transition defense against the Heat, what else can go wrong?

mavs>spurs
05-10-2012, 02:50 PM
the spurs are a classic example of the team that plays really good against shitty competition, like the hawks or pacers. but when faced with a real threat, they won't prevail. Either OKC or Miami will take them out.

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
That's not the same team you cocksuckers, that team played defense and would not have got swept by the Suns or beaten by an 8th seed....

Spurs defense... http://www.48minutesofhell.com/a-look-at-the-evolving-san-antonio-defense

Dr Cox
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
the spurs are a classic example of the team that plays really good against shitty competition, like the hawks or pacers. but when faced with a real threat, they won't prevail. Either OKC or Miami will take them out.

Have you watched the Spurs this year? :wakeup

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Not convinced. Spurs have a lot to prove. Memphis made the Spurs look pathetic last year, and beyond that, the Lakers are the team we can't beat in the playoffs.
Love this squad, but the Spurs ain't done nothing yet.

mavs>spurs
05-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Have you watched the Spurs this year? :wakeup

yep, i was one of the first ones tooting yall's horn. i came in here and made a thread after the close game we beat yall in..i said good game, it was just a meaningless regular season game and that you guys would contend. and i stand by that, yall will contend all the way down to the WCF. I just think okc and miami have a little bit too much firepower. nobody on that team is stopping lebron, leonard is an unproven rookie.

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Not convinced. Spurs have a lot to prove. Memphis made the Spurs look pathetic last year, and beyond that, the Lakers are the team we can't beat in the playoffs.

VERY different team from last year. Spurs entered playoffs last year having lost 8 of their last 12 and Manu broke his elbow in last game of the reg season.

This year... 14 straight wins. 25-2 in last 27 games. 22-3 in past 25 road games (in 2 of those losses, big-3 sat out)

SA has added talent since then. They're more complete, offensively. And they're playing defense at an entirely differently level than last year too (see link in my last post).

'11 playoff Spurs and '12 playoff Spurs couldn't be more different. No comparison.

mavs>spurs
05-10-2012, 03:07 PM
VERY different team from last year. Spurs entered playoffs last year having lost 8 of their last 12 and Manu broke his elbow in last game of the reg season.

This year... 14 straight wins. 25-2 in last 27 games. 22-3 in past 25 road games (in 2 of those losses, big-3 sat out)

SA has added talent since then. They're more complete, offensively. And they're playing defense at an entirely differently level than last year too (see link in my last post).

'11 playoff Spurs and '12 playoff Spurs couldn't be more different. No comparison.

regular season games in a lockout season where nobody gave it 100% is your proof?

Dr Cox
05-10-2012, 03:08 PM
look i am by no means like half the people on here who are saying they are going to win their 5th this year....i think they are still a ways away but to say they are a "classic example of a team that plays well against shitty competition" and not against some of the better teams in the league is a little bit of a strech to me.

just sayin.... carry on folks

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-10-2012, 03:08 PM
yep, i was one of the first ones tooting yall's horn. i came in here and made a thread after the close game we beat yall in..i said good game, it was just a meaningless regular season game and that you guys would contend. and i stand by that, yall will contend all the way down to the WCF. I just think okc and miami have a little bit too much firepower. nobody on that team is stopping lebron, leonard is an unproven rookie.

Many fans have too much respect for individual greatness. Neither OKC nor MIA is going to outscore the Spurs. The Spurs are an offensive MACHINE right now. Those teams will have to be significantly better than SA on the defensive end to have any chance. The Spurs know that, which is why we've seen them up their game on that end of the floor considerably. Hollinger is correct. SA is the most complete team in the league right now. Must be considered favorites.

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-10-2012, 03:09 PM
regular season games in a lockout season where nobody gave it 100% is your proof?

So playoff positioning meant less to teams this year because they played a shortened regular season? Please explain the logic. I'm at a loss.

mavs>spurs
05-10-2012, 03:10 PM
look i am by no means like half the people on here who are saying they are going to win their 5th this year....i think they are still a ways away but to say they are a "classic example of a team that plays well against shitty competition" and not against some of the better teams in the league is a little bit of a strech to me.

just sayin.... carry on folks

that's taking it a bit far. im saying that they look better than they are by absolutely crushing inferior competition, but when faced with miami or okc i just see them falling up the smallest bit short. just my 2 cents. nobody to guard lebron or wade, or durant/westbrook for that matter. okc has solid defensive bigs and will control the boards, too.

mavs>spurs
05-10-2012, 03:10 PM
So playoff positioning meant less to teams this year because they played a shortened regular season? Please explain the logic. I'm at a loss.

playoff positioning has NEVER been worth exerting yourself too hard in the regular season over. the mavs learned that many times the hard way.

bklynspursfan
05-10-2012, 03:15 PM
playoff positioning has NEVER been worth exerting yourself too hard in the regular season over. the mavs learned that many times the hard way.

That's just it. The Spurs did not exert themselves at all :lol They are the most rested team of all playoff teams.

They also had the best record vs. +500 teams

td4mvp21
05-10-2012, 03:17 PM

Huh? The Spurs had the best record in the league vs. .500+ teams. I'm not really sure what you consider "good" competition since Hawks/Pacers were +.500, but the Spurs went 4-4 against Miami, OKC, Lakers, and Bulls. Ginobili was gone in 3 out of those 4 losses.

OKC, Miami, and Lakers can take them out but I just don't think that's a correct statement. They've played well against the good teams this year.

Ace
05-10-2012, 03:19 PM
He's a streaky shooter. And the bulk of his shots are off dunks man...

See for yourself

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#LeBron-James|2544;year=201112;season=r
You're right LeBron sucks, clearly people calling him the best player in the league haven't seen those numbers...

Spurs defense... http://www.48minutesofhell.com/a-look-at-the-evolving-san-antonio-defense

How cares about some homer Spurs website?

ambchang
05-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Joe (NY)

Is Joe Blow from NY really saying Bosh > Parker and Duncan at this point? You can even make an argument Ginobili > Bosh, even now.

Hilarious.

dunkman
05-10-2012, 03:28 PM

Few Spurs players logged more than 30 mpg during the streak and Pop never used Duncan - Splitter, Blair also started. It's not that the Spurs couldn't play much better.

That being said, Miami has chances. So does the Celtics. I'm not sure about OKC, they don't matchup well, imo they can't win a series against the Spurs. The Lakers probably could, but they aren't coached so well, also I don't think they could take OKC out. And the Grizzlies won't survive the first round.

rascal
05-10-2012, 03:37 PM

I find it hard to believe the Spurs with their weak frontline can get past the Lakers if they meet up with them. Too many people here are already hoisting up number five without considering who the spurs are still relying on, on the frontline.

The spurs may get lucky facing teams with injured stars and get the easiest matchups along the way and coast to the fianals but I am seeing people here expecting future series sweeps based off the regular season and Utah.

bklynspursfan
05-10-2012, 03:37 PM
You're right LeBron sucks, clearly people calling him the best player in the league haven't seen those numbers...

How cares about some homer Spurs website?

Ouch... Someone's hurt :lol

When did I say Lebron sucks? I said he's a streaky shooter which he is, and most of his points come off dunks hence the high fg%... Which they do. Those are facts my friend.

Lebron get's trigger happy and every now and then can't miss a shot. But there are times when he's shooting when he should be penetrating and he let's the defense off the hook. Or am I wrong to say he's not always aggressive?

Spursmania
05-10-2012, 03:38 PM

speaking from experience:lol

bklynspursfan
05-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Is Joe Blow from NY really saying Bosh > Parker and Duncan at this point? You can even make an argument Ginobili > Bosh, even now.

Hilarious.

My guess is Joe is a heat fan of 2 years, thus the "Big 3" > Everyone else

thispego
05-10-2012, 03:42 PM

:lmao

Rummpd
05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I find it hard to believe the Spurs with their weak frontline can get past the Lakers if they meet up with them. Too many people here are already hoisting up number five without considering who the spurs are still relying on, on the frontline.

The spurs may get lucky facing teams with injured stars and get the easiest matchups along the way and coast to the fianals but I am seeing people here expecting future series sweeps based off the regular season and Utah.

Huh? The Spurs had the best record in the league vs. .500+ teams. I'm not really sure what you consider "good" competition since Hawks/Pacers were +.500, but the Spurs went 4-4 against Miami, OKC, Lakers, and Bulls. Ginobili was gone in 3 out of those 4 losses.

OKC, Miami, and Lakers can take them out but I just don't think that's a correct statement. They've played well against the good teams this year.

All these naysayers are not looking how the Spurs absolutely manhandled the LAL last two games after just one adjustment to the lineup or have swept the Grizz and beaten the Thunder in the series this year. Inane the disbelief even among Spurs fans - are you even watching the games and the total dominance of the Spurs since the ASG at all?

Dr Cox
05-10-2012, 04:14 PM
lol trolls

Ace
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Ouch... Someone's hurt :lol

When did I say Lebron sucks? I said he's a streaky shooter which he is, and most of his points come off dunks hence the high fg%... Which they do. Those are facts my friend.

Lebron get's trigger happy and every now and then can't miss a shot. But there are times when he's shooting when he should be penetrating and he let's the defense off the hook. Or am I wrong to say he's not always aggressive?

Ok I'll be serious for a moment.

To say LeBron's high FG% is because he dunks alot says you don't watch basketball. LeBron has a higher FG% this year mainly because he is taking better shots, does he still settle for jump shots? Yes, but not as often and his high percentage of dunks is because he gets to the rim and finishes. LeBron is not someone many people can stay in front of. You can look at numbers all day but it doesn't give a fair assessment of match ups and I wouldn't put to much weight on it.

Spurs simply do not have anyone who guard LeBron. He is capable of outright dominating games... So is Wade and tbh I have more trust in Wade...

Juggity
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Maybe your team didn't give 100%, but the spurs have so far :lol

mavs>spurs
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Maybe your team didn't give 100%, but the spurs have so far :lol

exactly, you guys were the only ones giving it 100% in the regular season. that isn't going to translate to a championship though just because you got omg teh one seeeed!!!!

DMC
05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Honestly, the Spurs are good, but they will not be in the Finals. I doubt they make it out of the 2nd round.

DMC
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
All these naysayers are not looking how the Spurs absolutely manhandled the LAL last two games after just one adjustment to the lineup or have swept the Grizz and beaten the Thunder in the series this year. Inane the disbelief even among Spurs fans - are you even watching the games and the total dominance of the Spurs since the ASG at all?
And you aren't looking at how LAL manhandled them, or how Miami destroyed them.

Mostly, you aren't factoring in the fact that good teams play differently in the playoffs, they play harder, they play their starters longer, they have shorter rotations.

Mal
05-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Honestly, the Spurs are good, but they will not be in the Finals. I doubt they make it out of the 2nd round.

Spurs shit on Clippers. And Vinny will shit his pants, when Pop will start doing his magic on rotations, execution, matchups etc

tesseractive
05-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Spurs simply do not have anyone who guard LeBron. He is capable of outright dominating games... So is Wade and tbh I have more trust in Wade...

Agree. But I also don't think that Miami can guard Parker or Duncan. And I think that having a bench that allows us to keep rotating guys in on LeBron and Wade will help us a lot.

Honestly, I think each team is a significant matchup problem for the other. If we make it that far, it should be a fascinating series. I think we have a good shot at winning, but I think that calling it in the bag is laughable.

TampaDude
05-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Joe (NY)

^ truth :toast

dunkman
05-10-2012, 07:14 PM

Hilarious.

Tbh Hollinger lost credibility when he ranked Manu higher than Bosh.

Ace
05-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Agree. But I also don't think that Miami can guard Parker or Duncan. And I think that having a bench that allows us to keep rotating guys in on LeBron and Wade will help us a lot.

Honestly, I think each team is a significant matchup problem for the other. If we make it that far, it should be a fascinating series. I think we have a good shot at winning, but I think that calling it in the bag is laughable.

Refs are in the bag tbh...

DJB
05-10-2012, 07:21 PM

You have terrible takes. Always.

bklynspursfan
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM

To say LeBron's high FG% is because he dunks alot says you don't watch basketball. LeBron has a higher FG% this year mainly because he is taking better shots, does he still settle for jump shots? Yes, but not as often and his high percentage of dunks is because he gets to the rim and finishes. LeBron is not someone many people can stay in front of. You can look at numbers all day but it doesn't give a fair assessment of match ups and I wouldn't put to much weight on it.

DId you not see the link I sent you?? It's not a "Fair Assessment" It's FACTS

Lebron shot:

74% from the restricted area (427 attempts)
43% from inside the paint (129 attempts)
42% mid range shots (444 attempts)
32% corner 3 pt shots (19 attempts)
37% above 3 point line (130 attempts)

Again... I said Lebron shoot's a high FG% Because of all the dunks he gets. Dude that's your favorite team and you don't even know this? smh... I watch plenty basketball, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

In terms of guarding Lebron? No one individually can guard him. But if we throw that zone out there, I think it'll be interesting watching Miami try to execute in the half court.

DJB
05-10-2012, 07:26 PM
He doesn't care. Ace is probably one of the worst posters on the board. He's extremely confident that LeBron James is all it will take to beat the Spurs 4 times.

DJB
05-10-2012, 07:30 PM

1. Stephen Jackson will bang with LeBron all night long and get under his skin, guaranteed.

2. Kawhi Leonard is an incredibly talented on-ball defender and will check him when Jax is on the bench.

3. Saying that LeBron is "capable of outright dominating games" is complete garbage, and you know it. If you think LeBron is going to have his way against the Spurs in a 7 game series, you will be extremely disappointed when that does not happen.

Ace
05-10-2012, 08:35 PM
DId you not see the link I sent you?? It's not a "Fair Assessment" It's FACTS

Lebron shot:

74% from the restricted area (427 attempts)
43% from inside the paint (129 attempts)
42% mid range shots (444 attempts)
32% corner 3 pt shots (19 attempts)
37% above 3 point line (130 attempts)

Again... I said Lebron shoot's a high FG% Because of all the dunks he gets. Dude that's your favorite team and you don't even know this? smh... I watch plenty basketball, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

In terms of guarding Lebron? No one individually can guard him. But if we throw that zone out there, I think it'll be interesting watching Miami try to execute in the half court.
Why even watch? You can look up numbers...

Ace
05-10-2012, 08:37 PM
He doesn't care. Ace is probably one of the worst posters on the board.
Says the fatass with takes like this... :lmao

1. Stephen Jackson will bang with LeBron all night long and get under his skin, guaranteed.

2. Kawhi Leonard is an incredibly talented on-ball defender and will check him when Jax is on the bench.

3. Saying that LeBron is "capable of outright dominating games" is complete garbage, and you know it. If you think LeBron is going to have his way against the Spurs in a 7 game series, you will be extremely disappointed when that does not happen.

Wildcat67
05-10-2012, 09:20 PM
exactly, you guys were the only ones giving it 100% in the regular season. that isn't going to translate to a championship though just because you got omg teh one seeeed!!!!

Huh?

The Spurs are the one team in the league that didn't try very hard to play for seeding. They rested their starters more then any team in the league.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Leetonidas
05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Too bad LeBron will probably choke like always in the Finals :lol

tmtcsc
05-10-2012, 10:20 PM

http://kenmcarthur.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/reality.jpg

mark of a champion
05-11-2012, 12:07 AM

speaking out of your ass...spurs manage minutes better than anyone in the league, hands down. get your facts straight or go home.

duhoh
05-11-2012, 12:15 AM
speaking out of your ass...spurs manage minutes better than anyone in the league, hands down. get your facts straight or go home.

sarcasm is lost on you :lol

as much as i would LOVE a finals appearance, they still need to get past the 2nd round. as well as the WCF. let's deal with that first.

TampaDude
05-11-2012, 08:00 AM
It's clear that mavs>spurs is an idiot troll who knows nothing about basketball. :lmao

bklynspursfan
05-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Why even watch? You can look up numbers...

:owned

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 10:32 PM
:lmao Rummpd
:lmao imaginary Panamanian wife
:lmao shit prediction
:lmao Spurs will win it all
:lmao the good doctor

resistanze
06-06-2012, 10:36 PM
You need a license to be a doctor, tbh.

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 10:39 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao backdoor swept again

TIMMYtoZO
06-06-2012, 10:41 PM
:lmao @ the spurs.

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Rummpd probably needs a morphine shot after his prediction went up in flames. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao