PDA

View Full Version : Romney apologizes for commiting hate crime on gay man

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 11:52 AM
:wow

Mitt Romney returned from a three-week spring break in 1965 to resume his studies as a high school senior at the prestigious Cranbrook School. Back on the handsome campus, studded with Tudor brick buildings and manicured fields, he spotted something he thought did not belong at a school where the boys wore ties and carried briefcases. John Lauber, a soft-spoken new student one year behind Romney, was perpetually teased for his nonconformity and presumed homosexuality. Now he was walking around the all-boys school with bleached-blond hair that draped over one eye, and Romney wasn’t having it.

“He can’t look like that. That’s wrong. Just look at him!” an incensed Romney told Matthew Friedemann, his close friend in the Stevens Hall dorm, according to Friedemann’s recollection. Mitt, the teenaged son of Michigan Gov. George Romney, kept complaining about Lauber’s look, Friedemann recalled.

A few days later, Friedemann entered Stevens Hall off the school’s collegiate quad to find Romney marching out of his own room ahead of a prep school posse shouting about their plan to cut Lauber’s hair. Friedemann followed them to a nearby room where they came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground. As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors.

The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another. Four of them — Friedemann, now a dentist; Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer; Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor; and David Seed, a retired principal — spoke on the record. Another former student who witnessed the incident asked not to be named. The men have differing political affiliations, although they mostly lean Democratic. Buford volunteered for Barack Obama’s campaign in 2008. Seed, a registered independent, has served as a Republican county chairman in Michigan. All of them said that politics in no way colored their recollections.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mitt-romneys-prep-school-classmates-recall-pranks-but-also-troubling-incidents/2012/05/10/gIQA3WOKFU_story.html

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
isn't there a movie of this somewhere?

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
When the entire democrat party of Romney's age and older apologizes for the same thing, I might take note if Romney didn't.

It was the fashionable thing to dislike blacks in the early 60's. Doesn't make it right, but times change.

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 01:13 PM
here we go. School Ties. Romney is this guy:

http://www.movieautographsww.com/images/MATT-DAMON-5010.jpg

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Charlie Dillon: You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.
David Green: And you'll still be a prick.

boutons_deux
05-10-2012, 01:14 PM
The Southern Dem racists (the south being heavily Democratic since the Civil War) got conscripted into racist Repug party after the 60s legislation, aka, Nixon/Repug "Southern Strategy".

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 01:16 PM
The Southern Dem racists (the south being heavily Democratic since the Civil War) got conscripted into racist Repug party after the 60s legislation, aka, Nixon/Repug "Southern Strategy".
LOL...

Where can I buy one of these revisionist history books?

boutons_deux
05-10-2012, 01:16 PM
gfy

TeyshaBlue
05-10-2012, 01:18 PM
High School Senior misbehaves. Yeah, that's thread worthy.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 01:24 PM
It's not like he ate a dog or anything. That would be important.

Winehole23
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Times have changed. Hazing and stuff like this are now considered criminal activities. In another day, they were "part of the experience."

Romney showed firm, manly leadership at a young age, in the face of an perverse and/or unruly male hairdo, but he's right to acknowledge times have changed, that bullying is bad, and apologize, sort of, for hazing Lauber.

Winehole23
05-10-2012, 01:29 PM
snap take: both the hazing revelation and Romney's (fairly) swift apology for it, tend to humanize him.

George Gervin's Afro
05-10-2012, 01:30 PM
It's not like he ate a dog or anything. That would be important.

or studied at madrassa when he was 6 years old.....

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 01:31 PM
His conditional non-apology is awesome though.

DarrinS
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Fake outrage alert. At least it's a distraction from the real issues.

George Gervin's Afro
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM

irony alert.. :lmao

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
sorry but this could be a game changer.

as the saying goes. once a prick, always a prick.

I agree probably 99% of our presidents were pricks, but few of them have such vivid prick-like memories told by 3rd parties and made public.

Winehole23
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
people will like him better for it. next...

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Fake outrage alert. At least it's a distraction from the real issues.Certainly no outrage at all on my part. His reaction is pretty illuminating though.

Winehole23
05-10-2012, 01:37 PM
“The stories of fifty years ago seem exaggerated and off base and Governor Romney has no memory of participating in these incidents.” Thursday morning, as it became clear that this was no kind of answer—that the Post had this story down, with the accounts of the witnesses, who were members of both parties and had grown into a range of professions—Romney offered a blanket apology for anything that might have slipped his mind:

Back in high school, I did some dumb things, and if anybody was hurt by that or offended, obviously, I apologize for that… I participated in a lot of high jinks and pranks during high school, and some might have gone too far, and for that I apologize. http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closeread/2012/05/mitt-romney-bully.html#ixzz1uUeVEj2I

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 01:39 PM

as the saying goes. once a prick, always a prick.

I agree probably 99% of our presidents were pricks, but few of them have such vivid prick-like memories told by 3rd parties and made public.It's not like he had virulently racist newsletters circulated under his name.

That's the kind of thing that would prevent someone from ever becoming president.

George Gervin's Afro
05-10-2012, 01:40 PM
It's not like he had virulently racist newsletters circulated under his name.

That's the kind of thing that would prevent someone from ever becoming president.

of course we would have to assume that he never actually read the newsletter

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
a hate crime is much worse than a newsletter. next.

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Really?

There are far more important things that people worry about than being cool with his buddies almost 50 years ago.

I really wonder what type of dirt the republicans could find on Obama if they went out of their way looking for it like democrats look for dirt on republicans.

George Gervin's Afro
05-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Really?

There are far more important things that people worry about than being cool with his buddies almost 50 years ago.

I really wonder what type of dirt the republicans could find on Obama if they went out of their way looking for it like democrats look for dirt on republicans.

:lmao

Sincerely,

sherriff joe who just had his cold case squad investigating Obam's birth certificate.. no the right wing haven't been digging through the president's past...

boutons_deux
05-10-2012, 01:45 PM
High School Senior misbehaves. Yeah, that's thread worthy.

Yep, all HS senior are bullies, and they all hold down a classmate to cut off his hair or commit similar brutalities. yawn

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 01:47 PM
:lmao

Sincerely,

sherriff joe who just had his cold case squad investigating Obam's birth certificate.. no the right wing haven't been digging through the president's past...
He took something that was already out there and a valid concern.

Has anyone gone to Indonesia, and interviewed all the kids Obama went to school with over there? Could you imagine the stories these kids might remember?

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Has anyone gone to Indonesia, and interviewed all the kids Obama went to school with over there? Could you imagine the stories these kids might remember?What stories do you imagine they might remember?

George Gervin's Afro
05-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Has anyone gone to Indonesia, and interviewed all the kids Obama went to school with over there? Could you imagine the stories these kids might remember?

not many people find it to be a valid concern..it's only a concern to those people who still can't accept that he won the Presidency.. NO ONE ELSE CARES

TeyshaBlue
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM

It would be every bit as irrelevant.

jack sommerset
05-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Desperate......Obama comes out of the closet 4 years later after disappointing, ignoring the gays his entire presidency and tells us he is for gay marriages to stir up debate and go after much, much needed votes. And of course the obamaganda machine kicks out a 40 year old story about how Mitt cut some gay dudes hair in high school err I mean prep school. The rich only care about themselves. Again, more promises cuz the guy cannot and will not run on his record. God bless

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 01:55 PM
ignoring the gays his entire presidency:lol

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Desperate......Obama comes out of the closet 4 years later after disappointing, ignoring the gays his entire presidency and tells us he is for gay marriages to stir up debate and go after much, much needed votes. And of course the obamaganda machine kicks out a 40 year old story about how Mitt cut some gay dudes hair in high school err I mean prep school. The rich only care about themselves. Again, more promises cuz the guy cannot and will not run on his record. God bless
The base is not excited to reelect him. He needs that special interest money. This is going to end up being a race of which part has the least number of disinterested people, in selecting the lesser of two evils.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Wc.
what stories do you imagine they might remember?

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Wc.

I really don't know, and prefer not to guess. It wouldn't surprise me if he agreed with his school buddies that America was the Satan of the world.

My point was that the effort is used to dig up dirt by republicans is small compared to the level the democrats go to find dirt on republicans.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I really don't know, and prefer not to guess. It wouldn't surprise me if he agreed with his school buddies that America was the Satan of the world.That's a guess, you idiot.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
My point was that the effort is used to dig up dirt by republicans is small compared to the level the democrats go to find dirt on republicans.Yeah, you are simply ignorant of the lengths birthers went to in their "research."

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
That's a guess, you idiot.
You are the idiot.

I said I prefer not to guess.

I didn't say I wouldn't guess.

Just keep in mind, it is only a guess.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 02:07 PM
I said I prefer not to guess.

I didn't say I wouldn't guess.

Just keep in mind, it is only a guess.:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:r ollin

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 02:14 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
Well, maybe you shouldn't call someone an idiot for such trivial things....

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Well, maybe you shouldn't call someone an idiot for such trivial things....I'd rather not guess, but here's a guess: Six year old Obama and his classmates at a secular school called America the Great Satan.

:lol

Idiot.

jack sommerset
05-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Well, maybe you shouldn't call someone an idiot for such trivial things....

He hurts and this is how he deals with his own pain. Forgive him. God bless

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 02:17 PM
He hurts and this is how he deals with his own pain. Forgive him. God blessYour butt hurts and this is how you deal with your butthurt.

jack sommerset
05-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Your butt hurts and this is how you deal with your butthurt.

I forgive you my brother. God bless

ChumpDumper
05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
I forgive you my brother. God blessI did nothing to you.

lol playing the victim

JoeChalupa
05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Well, Ann Romney did say Mitt was a real jokester so we shouldn't be surprised at his wit.

cheguevara
05-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Well, Ann Romney did say Mitt was a real jokester so we shouldn't be surprised at his wit.

Mitt probably beat the Jew out of young Ann

ploto
05-10-2012, 03:47 PM
An apology does not contain the word if.

If anybody was hurt by that or offended, obviously, I apologize for that

Mitt Romney
05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey, what can I say? Mitt happens.

Wild Cobra
05-10-2012, 09:53 PM
I think it's stupid that anyone thinks this is newsworthy.

leemajors
05-11-2012, 06:54 AM
I think it's stupid that anyone thinks this is newsworthy.

did stuff like this happen all the time on your jolly prep/college campus? gay bashing HOOOO!!

anyways, you think his campaign would have been a bit more ready for this.

jack sommerset
05-11-2012, 07:41 AM
did stuff like this happen all the time on your jolly prep/college campus? gay bashing HOOOO!!

anyways, you think his campaign would have been a bit more ready for this.

Are you serious with the gay bashing. The kid picked on another kid and cut his hair. They (campaign) were ready for this and there is no hiding anything. He acted like a teenager and pranked, teased another kid. Lol@gay bashing. God bless

Sec24Row7
05-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Was the guy even gay? Why have we not heard from this Lauber person?

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Lauber died a few years back.

Sec24Row7
05-11-2012, 07:47 AM
How convenient.

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 08:02 AM
devilishly hard to establish motive in any case, but it's a clear case of bullying. not sure why it matters so much whether Lauber was gay -- is it somehow acceptable to bully people with dyed hair and funny haircuts?

leemajors
05-11-2012, 08:11 AM
devilishly hard to establish motive in any case, but it's a clear case of bullying. not sure why it matters so much whether Lauber was gay -- is it somehow acceptable to bully people with dyed hair and funny haircuts?

:tu

jack sommerset
05-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Yes, it's very easy to accept the reality of the situation. Kids being kids. Can you accept that campaigns will do anything to smear an opponent to win an election. That includes taking a innocent child's prank of cutting some other kids hair 40 years ago and call it gay bashing. Lol@gay bashing! God bless

boutons_deux
05-11-2012, 08:42 AM
"Kids being kids."

Fuck off. This was bullies being bullies. And way beyond verbal, but actual gang-up, physical assault.

W. Gecko was your typical spoiled, privileged rich kid with a silver spoon up his ass and daddy's trust fund to live one, feeling "entitled" to impose his privileged ass and narrow-mindedness on people unlike himself.

elbamba
05-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Was the guy even gay? Why have we not heard from this Lauber person?

“The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family,” she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/sister-of-alleged-romney-target-has-no-knowledge-of-any-bullying-incident/

Apparently there are more factual holes in the story such as the Post reporting that one of the class mates has been disturbed by the incident for a long time when it turns out he only heard about the incident when the Post contacted him to ask about it.

Its pretty obvious to me that much like the contraception question raised during the debate, someone in the white house was prepping the Post for Obama's "evolution" by getting them to prepare this story a day after the President decides to flip flop a third time on gay marriage.

I think that this article, dispite the clear political agenda, should continue the evergrowing need to have a serious discussion and action about bullying. Believing that marriage should be between a man and a women does not make one a homophobe. However, cutting someone's hair or hazing someone because they look different is wrong. I realize that this was 50 years ago, but many people have taken their own lives or have had screwed up lives because of being bullied in their youth. This is the discussion that should be taken from this story. And hopefully, if Romney wins, he brings attention to this issue, though I doubt it.

cheguevara
05-11-2012, 09:18 AM
:lmao Romney getting crucified now being compared to the guy who incited to kill Piggy from Lord of the Flies

ABC News’ Emily Friedman, Emily Stanitz and Steven Portnoy report:
One of Mitt Romney’s closest friends and a high school classmate has been asked by the Romney campaign to come out and offer “supporting remarks” in defense of the candidate following a Washington Post article that described pranks at the Cranbrook School in the 1960s that focused on a student who was “presumed” to be gay. Romney has denied that the pranks were targeted.
Romney’s older brother Scott called White, asking him to act as a surrogate for Romney on their high school years.
White, in an interview with ABC News, said that he is “still debating” whether he will help the campaign, remarking, “It’s been a long time since we’ve been pals.” While the Post reports White as having “long been bothered” by the haircutting incident,” he told ABC News he was not present for the prank, in which Romney is said to have forcefully cut a student’s long hair and was not aware of it until this year when he was contacted by the Washington Post.
According to White, he knows of several other classmates that have also been approached by the campaign to counter the article. White declined to name the fellow classmates.
Romney often mentions White on the campaign trail as the friend who threw the party where Romney met his wife Ann, whom he has now been married to for more than 43 years.
One former classmate and old friend of Romney’s – who refused to be identified by name – said there are “a lot of guys” who went to Cranbrook who have “really negative memories” of Romney’s behavior in the dorms, behavior this classmate describes as “like Lord of the Flies.”
The classmate believes Romney is lying when he claims to not remember it.
“It makes these fellows [who have owned up to it] very remorseful. For [Romney] not to remember it? It doesn’t ring true. How could the fellow with the scissors forget it?” the former classmate said.

[a rock is pushed off the cliff above, killing Piggy]
Ralph: You're not gonna get away with this.
Willard: Yeah? Well, what are you going to do, huh?

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/04/17/mitt_romney_142987127_620x350.jpg

:rollin

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Yes, it's very easy to accept the reality of the situation. Kids being kids...Lol@gay bashing! God bless easy to laugh at too, apparently.

Can you accept that campaigns will do anything to smear an opponent to win an election. That includes taking a innocent child's prank of cutting some other kids hair 40 years ago and call it gay bashing. I can accept that the press scours the records of presidential candidates for controversial or otherwise *printworthy* items, no matter how old or allegedly innocent.

Why can't you?

leemajors
05-11-2012, 09:41 AM
why would his sister have to know about him being bullied at school? i got bullied in 6th grade by some loser in 8th during PE running laps away from the school and I sure as hell didn't tell anyone in my family about it, I was embarrassed as hell.

cheguevara
05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
looks like Romney campaign is beggin any of the old schoolmates including his ex-best buddy to deny those statements. Nobody has agreed to do it yet :lmao

:lol can't get 1 single old school mate to say a good thing about you

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 09:47 AM
in any case, how candidates respond to these more or less ginned up media furores shows us something about their mettle and temperament.

cheguevara
05-11-2012, 09:51 AM
the thing is a prick can become a good guy if there is some kind of trascendental event that happens in his life. you know like Jesus and the 40 days and 40 nights, or the prodigal sone returning home, the problem is Romney has been running on the premise that he's been perfect since birth.

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 09:53 AM
It would be every bit as irrelevant.Others may feel different, but I tend to agree with you. This has very little, if anything, to do with Romney's fitness for the job now.

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 09:54 AM
might as well bring up Obama's teenage dalliance with illicit drugs. again.

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 09:57 AM
the problem is Romney has been running on the premise that he's been perfect since birth.Disagree. What I keep hearing was that Romney was "a different person" before he met his wife. I expect to hear it some more...

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:10 AM
:tuin the good old days, it was more socially acceptable to pick on minorities, outliers and nonconformists. some people miss that.

(I was a short kid with a high voice and an August birthday, so, um, I have a slightly different take on that...)

leemajors
05-11-2012, 10:12 AM
in the good old days, it was more socially acceptable to pick on minorities, outliers and nonconformists. some people miss that.

(I was a short kid with a high voice and an August birthday, so, um, I have a slightly different take on that...)

Glasses and good grades don't help either

cheguevara
05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Lauber died a few years back.

did he kill himself?

boutons_deux
05-11-2012, 10:15 AM
might as well bring up Obama's teenage dalliance with illicit drugs. again.

Fox Repug network, defending their boy Gecko, is sliming young HUSSEIN as a drug dealer.

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Glasses and good grades don't help eitherno glasses, thank God.

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Fox Repug network, defending their boy Gecko, is sliming young HUSSEIN as a drug dealer.there's a resemblance, sure

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:34 AM
did he kill himself?died of cancer, I think.

TeyshaBlue
05-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Fox Repug network, defending their boy Gecko, is sliming young HUSSEIN as a drug dealer.

link?

Don't see it on their site.

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:40 AM
saw it here (http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205110001), most likely

boutons_deux
05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
UPDATED: Fox News Smears Obama As A Drug Dealer

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205110001?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+%28Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:43 AM
your reputation precedes you

TeyshaBlue
05-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Ah...it was on a talk show. Got it. I was looking at the site only.

clambake
05-11-2012, 10:49 AM
muslim
terrorist
drug dealer
college professor
potus

thats some serious multi-tasking!

TeyshaBlue
05-11-2012, 10:51 AM
muslim
terrorist
drug dealer
college professor
potus

thats some serious multi-tasking!

And yet he still manages to find time to prepare and cook dogs! Man, he's on fire!:lol

clambake
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
And yet he still manages to find time to prepare and cook dogs! Man, he's on fire!:lol

:lol how could i forget that?

c'mon cowboy......give us his recipe!

boutons_deux
05-11-2012, 02:06 PM
More bullying by Gecko people:

Romney Spokesman Gleefully Outed A Trans Woman, Ending Her Career

America Blog reminds us of the incident, relayed in a GQ profile, which tells of Fernhstrom’s apparent “glee” when he found the representative’s birth certificate:

Fehrnstrom saved his cheap shots for smaller-time Massachusetts pols. When a political activist and gadfly named Althea Garrison was elected to the Massachusetts House of Representatives, the fact that she was transgender was an open secret in Boston political circles. But Fehrnstrom was the first one to put that information into print—”I can remember his glee when he found the birth certificate,” says former Herald reporter Robert Connolly—thus bringing a swift end to Garrison’s future on Beacon Hill.

Romney himself also abolished a commission working against LGBT bullying in Massachusetts as governor.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/05/11/482819/romney-spokesman-gleefully-outed-a-trans-woman-ending-her-career/

Sec24Row7
05-11-2012, 03:11 PM
UPDATED: Fox News Smears Obama As A Drug Dealer

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205110001?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+%28Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Totally agree with you that was a smear... he did in fact not deal drugs... he took drugs from people who dealt and gave them to those who couldn't afford their own.

ChumpDumper
05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Totally agree with you that was a smear... he did in fact not deal drugs... he took drugs from people who dealt and gave them to those who couldn't afford their own.:wtf

leemajors
05-11-2012, 04:26 PM
http://therumpus.net/2012/05/the-week-in-greed-6-to-behave-like-the-fallen-world/

I don’t mean to suggest that Romney is without compassion. I believe, for instance, that he loves his wife and his children, and that he believes in God and the flag. But there is something in his character that I am starting to get frightened about, an unwillingness, or an inability, to feel remorse, to simply own up to a moral failing, to apologize not just if “somebody was hurt” but because you know, deep down, that you hurt someone.

Think about it: here are these half dozen men who took part in a savage act nearly fifty years ago. It has haunted all of them. And the ringleader, the guy who made the plan and led the mob and cut the victim’s hair off remembers … nothing?

It’s just bullshit, total fucking sociopathic bullshit. And it makes me sad that such an episode comes to light and all Romney can do—a guy who wants to be elected to our highest office—is nervously lie and make excuses, as if this were political problem. It’s not a political problem. It’s a moral problem. It’s a sin he committed for which any believer would seek atonement.

Pretty good article, I of course cherry picked this part.

DarrinS
05-11-2012, 04:29 PM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5868370&postcount=1

ChumpDumper
05-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't call it sociopathic. I'd call it chickenshit. He feels he can't be seen as soft on teh gheys. The cover up will be worse than the crime.

Again.

Wild Cobra
05-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Are you serious with the gay bashing. The kid picked on another kid and cut his hair. They (campaign) were ready for this and there is no hiding anything. He acted like a teenager and pranked, teased another kid. Lol@gay bashing. God bless
Long hair...

That was Hippie Bashing, not Gay Bashing.

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Adolescence scrawls its crimes on the heart.

http://therumpus.net/2012/05/the-week-in-greed-6-to-behave-like-the-fallen-world/

Pretty good article...Yes it is. Thanks for posting. :tu

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:39 PM
perhaps related:

http://www.greatrecessiontheatre.com/uploads/9/0/5/3/9053729/590598.jpg

Winehole23
05-11-2012, 10:55 PM
on the whole, I more agree with ChumpDumper's point that it behooves Romney, or he thinks it behooves him, to look tough here -- or something like that...the shallow tactical rationale is way more compelling to me than the deep psychological small talk in the article, even though there may be something to it for all I know.

Jacob1983
05-12-2012, 02:12 AM
What about the economy?

ChumpDumper
05-12-2012, 02:13 AM
It is also being talked about.

You should read more.

boutons_deux
05-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Long hair...

That was Hippie Bashing, not Gay Bashing.

gang-up physical bullying is gang-up physical bullying.

bullying hippies is OK for you Army macho men?

Wild Cobra
05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
gang-up physical bullying is gang-up physical bullying.

bullying hippies is OK for you Army macho men?

I never said it was right. Only pointing out what people are saying is wrong about "gay" bashing.

boutons_deux
05-12-2012, 09:03 AM
The point of the story was not WHO got bullied or why, but that Gecko was a chickenshit, many-on-one, physically assaulting bully.

Another story in the article has Gecko walking a poor-sighted teacher into a closed door, then laughing at him.

And what is going on with dubya, RickyBobby, and Gecko all being CHEERLEADERS rather than macho men on the playing field?

Wild Cobra
05-12-2012, 09:26 AM
The point of the story was not WHO got bullied or why, but that Gecko was a chickenshit, many-on-one, physically assaulting bully.

Another story in the article has Gecko walking a poor-sighted teacher into a closed door, then laughing at him.

And what is going on with dubya, RickyBobby, and Gecko all being CHEERLEADERS rather than macho men on the playing field?
Are you suggesting that this is newsworthy? That people don't grow up after doing adolescent pranks?

How can you worry about something more than 40 years ago?

IWantsACuatro
05-12-2012, 10:41 AM
So what? Kid got a free haircut.

spursncowboys
05-12-2012, 11:13 AM
So the family of the haircuttee said it didn't happen. Have they found an actual witness to this?

Wild Cobra
05-12-2012, 11:16 AM
So the family of the haircuttee said it didn't happen. Have they found an actual witness to this?
lol...

Why doesn't that surprise me?

The left is always making shit up.

ChumpDumper
05-12-2012, 11:19 AM
They didn't say it didn't happen.
Betsy Lauber, one of John Lauber’s three sisters, spoke with ABC News Tuesday night regarding the accuracy of the story.

“The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family,” she said.

She did not say specifically how the Washington Post story was incorrect.
“Even if it did happen, John probably wouldn’t have said anything,” Christine Lauber said.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/sister-of-alleged-romney-target-has-no-knowledge-of-any-bullying-incident/

You're always making shit up.

ChumpDumper
05-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Have they found an actual witness to this?Five in the original story. You just proved you haven't read anything about this at all.

spursncowboys
05-12-2012, 11:26 AM
There are no witnesses to the "haircut"

ChumpDumper
05-12-2012, 11:30 AM
There are no witnesses to the "haircut"Except for the five in the original story you never read.

spursncowboys
05-12-2012, 12:22 PM
touche CD. I'm glad these five guys remember in painstaking detail what happened 40+ years ago.

ChumpDumper
05-12-2012, 01:47 PM
touche CD. I'm glad these five guys remember in painstaking detail what happened 40+ years ago.Why wouldn't they remember that incident?

lol painstaking

hater
05-12-2012, 06:10 PM
touche CD. I'm glad these five guys remember in painstaking detail what happened 40+ years ago.

u serious? events like these are easily remembered. I can remember some important events I saw in elementary school in painstaking detail and that was 20+ years ago. I dont' see how 20 more years would make a difference.

rascal
05-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Really?

Of course the Republicans are looking for dirt on Obama. Just not finding much.

Wild Cobra
05-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Of course the Republicans are looking for dirt on Obama. Just not finding much.
They don't even need to look. His pathetic record as president is enough.

ChumpDumper
05-12-2012, 07:23 PM
They don't even need to look. His pathetic record as president is enough.You still think he's Muslim.

SA210
05-12-2012, 10:50 PM
They don't even need to look. His pathetic record as president is enough.

This

boutons_deux
05-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Wait, Suddenly Right-Wing Bloggers Don't Want Candidates Vetted?

the Republican candidate leading an assault against a presumed gay schoolmate, pinning him down, and cutting his long hair while tears filled up in the boy's eyes, conservative bloggers were indignant the Post would bother with such trivial pursuits.

Suddenly the far-right press thinks it's pointless to delve deep into a candidate's past in search of clues about his personality and clues to what shaped him into an adult. Suddenly they mock efforts by the press to paint a detailed personal portrait of would-be presidents by combing over their biographies.

In short, suddenly right-wing bloggers are strongly opposed to vetting.

This represents a curious turn, because as we've been noting this week, the established mantra from Obama's media critics is that the press has repeatedly refused to delve into Obama's past in search of clues about his true self, and has refused to paint a detailed portrait of Obama's history.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205110004?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+%28Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair%29&utm_content=Google+Reader