PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody notice

E20
06-22-2005, 02:28 PM
There were two times when the ball went out of bounds. The 1st was early in the game and the ball was declared by the refs to be Spurs ball then they went to the commercial and after the commerical it was Pistons ball and there seemed to be no explanation why. Then in the 4th it was out of play again then it was declared by the refs that it would be Pistons ball and they went to a commerical and it was Spurs ball without no explanation why. Anybody see that or was I :drunk

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:29 PM
There were two times when the ball went out of bounds. The 1st was early in the game and the ball was declared by the refs to be Spurs ball then they went to the commercial and after the commerical. It was Pistons ball and there seemed to be no explanation of why. Then in the 4th it was out of play again then it was declared by the refs that it would be Pistons ball and they went to a commerical and it was Spurs ball without now explanation why. Anybody see that or was I :drunk

Yes, I did notice the one in the first half. I thought I had missed something.

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2005, 02:29 PM
I think you were drinking.. I didn't catch that.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:30 PM
It was Pistons ball and there seemed to be no explanation of why.

I know what you are talking about -- they corrected themselves from making the wrong calls.

They don't usually "explain" it. The Spurs knocked it out of bounds; so it was Pistons ball.

E20
06-22-2005, 02:31 PM
No, the ref said Spurs ball but they gave it to the Pistons and vice-versa in teh 4th. Just wondering why.

chriskzoo
06-22-2005, 02:31 PM
I remember the first one, but not the situation. The one in the fourth quarter Parker threw it out of bounds. I re-wound it on my Tivo and he slearly just lost control of it.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:32 PM
No, the ref said Spurs ball but they gave it to the Pistons.

They corrected the call before they went to the commercial each time. Pop argued the one in the second half, but they made the right call.

E20
06-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm talking about the one in teh 4th where Manu drove and got swatted by Ben and the refs said Pistons ball and after the commercial it was Spurs ball.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm talking about the one in teh 4th where Manu drove and got swatted by Ben and the refs said Pistons ball and after the commercial it was Spurs ball.

I don't remember that one. I remember the one where they called Spurs ball when it was actually off Tony; then they corrected it to Pistons ball.

I just don't know why this is worthy of a thread. The refs confer and change calls all the time.

texbumTHElife
06-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Ok she cant put this in any simpler terms. The refs discussed the call during the time out and realized they had made the wrong call and changed it. That is all there is to it. The refs to not have to give explanations for anything they do.

pache100
06-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Ok she cant put this in any simpler terms. The refs discussed the call during the time out and realized they had made the wrong call and changed it. That is all there is to it. The refs to not have to give explanations for anything they do.

I think E20 was just curious, not trying to start a federal case. I know I was just curious. I was watching and saw the one in the first half and they did not explain nor clarify the one I'm talking about on tv.

I've seen it happen before, though. It's not that big a deal, just a matter of curiosity.

duncan2k5
06-22-2005, 02:40 PM
i remember that one. they said it was ours, then when it came back it was pistons. the worst one was the one that went off i think billup's hand and they made the right call first, then called it pistons ball. even hubie admited it was a bad call.

kskonn
06-22-2005, 02:41 PM

I was at the game, that ball stayed with the pistons, it did not get changed.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:41 PM
I think E20 was just curious, not trying to start a federal case. I know I was just curious. I was watching and saw the one in the first half and they did not explain nor clarify the one I'm talking about on tv.

I've seen it happen before, though. It's not that big a deal, just a matter of curiosity.

Then I guess the commentators are just doing a bad job on TV. Because in the arena, it's pretty clear what happens.

kskonn
06-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Then I guess the commentators are just doing a bad job on TV. Because in the arena, it's pretty clear what happens.

I think we all agree the announcers have been doing a bad job.