PDA

View Full Version : Chalmers could probably be the Spurs' 10th man if he applied himself

hater
05-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Joe (NY)
Miami would have the 3 best players in a series against the Spurs. Tough to overcome that even considering Heats lack of depth

John Hollinger (12:43 PM)
Two best, yes. But I'd argue 3, 4 and 5 play for San Antonio, as do 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Chalmers could probably be the Spurs' 10th man if he applied himself; he's the fourth-best payer on Miami. That's why I'd take San Antonio.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

VBM
05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Hidden in that is poor Bosh getting shat on again...

Bill_Brasky
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah, Bosh has proven himself pretty capable in 4th quarters. He's been very solid this postseason.

But I think Tim could take him and make his production a wash.

Brazil
05-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah, Bosh has proven himself pretty capable in 4th quarters. He's been very solid this postseason.

But I think Tim could take him and make his production a wash.

if its a wash I dont feel like we win. Tim would have to dominate Bosh for us to win tbh imho fwiw etc

Ace
05-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Crofl playing games on paper...

Reck
05-10-2012, 01:18 PM

You should know. Your team played the whole season based on paper last year. How that worked out btw? :lol

DAF86
05-10-2012, 01:20 PM
It's true tbh. In fact I don't know if I would take Chalmers over Neal. Gary is just too good of a scorer.

Either way, I still have the Heat beating the Spurs in the finals.

Technique
05-10-2012, 02:14 PM

The irony :lol

Ace
05-10-2012, 03:13 PM
You should know. Your team played the whole season based on paper last year. How that worked out btw? :lol

Made it all the way to the finals and were two wins away from winning it all, all in their first year together. Definitely better than your Knicks and not as embarrassing as having a great season only to be a first round knockout...

Nathan89
05-10-2012, 03:28 PM
The irony :lol

Exactly. Miami's bench sucks and their half court offense is pretty bad. Yet Heat fans want to believe they are an unstoppable force.

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2012, 04:37 PM
cb4 has done shit all on the heat

rayjayjohnson
05-10-2012, 04:44 PM
There's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig gap between 1 and everyone else tbh

Reck
05-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Made it all the way to the finals and were two wins away from winning it all, all in their first year together. Definitely better than your Knicks and not as embarrassing as having a great season only to be a first round knockout...

Poor Ace..

Your response is just as predictable as I expected from the likes of you.

Oh let me dodge the question by insulting the Knicks, even though I know he's not a Knicks fan.

rofl

Ace
05-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Exactly. Miami's bench sucks and their half court offense is pretty bad. Yet Heat fans want to believe they are an unstoppable force.

In a half court setting, Miami scores 94.7 points per every 100 possessions. Exactly how is that bad?

Drachen
05-10-2012, 05:41 PM
cb4 has done shit all on the heat

Don't call him CB4, CB4 was good.

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/a4ba2426abc6b082e219c47b8f0954fd/3291476.jpg

Chris Bosh couldn't even like the "sweat from my balls"

Ace
05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Poor Ace..

Your response is just as predictable as I expected from the likes of you.

Oh let me dodge the question by insulting the Knicks, even though I know he's not a Knicks fan.

rofl

I threw the Spurs in that response...

DMC
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Spurs won't make it to the Finals.

Reck
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I threw the Spurs in that response...

You're also leaving out the part where the Spurs were short handed and banged up, I bet on purpose.

Still I take #8 over Lebron predicting 7 championships and shriveling like a pretzel in winning time. :lol

Josepatches_
05-10-2012, 06:03 PM
There's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig gap between 1 and everyone else tbh

And that's the reason why the series "on paper" could be tied

Ace
05-10-2012, 06:19 PM
You're also leaving out the part where the Spurs were short handed and banged up, I bet on purpose.

Still I take #8 over Lebron predicting 7 championships and shriveling like a pretzel in winning time. :lol

Short handed and banged up is the Bulls, Spurs simply got bullied. Don't make excuses faggot...

Spursfan092120
05-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Hidden in that is poor Bosh getting shat on again...

So you think saying Tim, Tony, and Manu are better than Bosh is shitting on him?

Reck
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Short handed and banged up is the Bulls, Spurs simply got bullied. Don't make excuses faggot...

Not making up excuses. Memphis was a better team of the two during the playoffs. There is no doubt about that.

Series wasn't as competitive as it should have been because of the injuries that occured coming into the playoffs.

I'd be intrigue to see Lebron or Wade play hurt and see if they can muster up at least 1 win with their shit bench behind them. :lol

tesseractive
05-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Not making up excuses. Memphis was a better team of the two during the playoffs. There is no doubt about that.

Series wasn't as competitive as it should have been because of the injuries that occured coming into the playoffs.

I'd be intrigue to see Lebron or Wade play hurt and see if they can muster up at least 1 win with their shit bench behind them. :lol

Wade is pretty banged up these days, isn't he?

Ace
05-10-2012, 06:32 PM

LeBron and Wade are better players than Manu...

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 06:43 PM
:lol anyone from the Spurs trying to guard Wade and LeBron

Reck
05-10-2012, 06:46 PM
LeBron and Wade are better players than Manu...

Yes indeed, your point?

As a matter of fact, why bring up the fact Spurs got beat by an obvious better team last year when we were discussing playing games on paper which your team is also guilty of. I dont care if they made it to the finals or not. They still projected championships upon championships with nothing to show for it yet.

You're the last person who should be bringing up the game on paper card.

Just saying Ace..

Reck
05-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Do you even know what its been discussed?

Spursfan092120
05-10-2012, 06:55 PM

:lol thinking if that is the Finals that the Heat will win with only Lebron and Wade. This Spurs team is one of the deepest teams in YEARS in the NBA. It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than Wade and Lebron to beat this team. And I'm sure it won't be just one guy trying to guard either. Ever hear of Team Defense?

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Made it all the way to the finals and were two wins away from winning it all, all in their first year together and Choked against the mighty chokers

fify

ElNono
05-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Not 1, not 2, not 3...

Reck
05-10-2012, 07:06 PM
fify

Outchoking the chokers is a difficult thing to do. Heat made it happen somehow though. :lol

Ace
05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
fify

Who says the Spurs are boring?

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Spurs would need Parker and Duncan to average 25+ to have a shot at winning the series IMO..

The Spurs are much deeper and Pop is a huge mismatch over Spoelstra, but I don't like the idea of any of the Spurs wings against Lebron and Wade, on either side of the floor..

The Spurs lack of a decent perimeter defender will hurt against Miami..on the other side, Miami has 2 elite perimeter defenders and 1 decent defender(Battier)..

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 07:12 PM

roll the layup reel :lmao :lmao :lmao

Reck
05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Spurs would need Parker and Duncan to average 25+ to have a shot at winning the series IMO..

The Spurs are much deeper and Pop is a huge mismatch over Spoelstra, but I don't like the idea of any of the Spurs wings against Lebron and Wade, on either side of the floor..

The Spurs lack of a decent perimeter defender will hurt against Miami..on the other side, Miami has 2 elite perimeter defenders and 1 decent defender(Battier)..

I respect your take.

At least you can be objective enough to see the bad and the good that each team present to each other.

Something most Heat fan are seriously lacking. Dont know why they get so defensive about their team.

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 07:14 PM
What's so defensive about the truth? The Spurs are not going to beat the Heat.

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 07:16 PM

Guys like you. Worship the cocks of the Isolation gods.

Reck
05-10-2012, 07:24 PM
What's so defensive about the truth? The Spurs are not going to beat the Heat.

Who's saying they are?

You're always jumping in threads and making fun of other teams as if there is no way in hell they can do this or that.

You should be more worry about your team and how it is doing rather then coming into random threads and talking smack about some other team who may or may not give a certain team a battle.

Ace
05-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Worship the cocks of the Isolation gods.

Only a 100%faggot would have the imagination to come up with something like that...

Hooks
05-10-2012, 07:54 PM

The spurs have 3 really good perimeter defenders haven't you watched them play?

Ace
05-10-2012, 08:01 PM
The spurs have 3 really good perimeter defenders haven't you watched them play?

No they don't...

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
:lol Green
:lol Leonard
:lol Jackson

Watch LeBron take turns at taking wet dumps at each of the three of them.

Reck
05-10-2012, 08:04 PM
If these two shall meet in the finals this thread will be gem to revisit.

tesseractive
05-10-2012, 08:06 PM

We have several decent perimeter defenders, but no really elite ones yet -- how much some decent defenders plus a smart scheme (i.e. elite coaching) will help against players the caliber of LeBron and Wade is TBD at this point.

You have a couple of elite ones, but neither can guard Duncan or Parker. And Battier used to be talented, but can he even still fog a mirror at this point?

Ace
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
If these two shall meet in the finals this thread will be gem to revisit.

Doubt you stick around, right Knicks fan?

Reck
05-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Doubt you stick around, right Knicks fan?

I see you ran out of ammunition and went back to the default you're a Knicks fan schtick. :lol

And I've been hanging around here since long before you so what's gonna change this time I wonder..

Ace
05-10-2012, 08:21 PM
We have several decent perimeter defenders, but no really elite ones yet -- how much some decent defenders plus a smart scheme (i.e. elite coaching) will help against players the caliber of LeBron and Wade is TBD at this point.

You have a couple of elite ones, but neither can guard Duncan or Parker. And Battier used to be talented, but can he even still fog a mirror at this point?

Parker will get his that's for sure but can Duncan keep playing at a high level? Trolling aside I agree with Harlem...

Ace
05-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I see you ran out of ammunition and went back to the default you're a Knicks fan schtick. :lol

And I've been hanging around here since long before you so what's gonna change this time I wonder..

Your team never changed...

tesseractive
05-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Parker will get his that's for sure but can Duncan keep playing at a high level? Trolling aside I agree with Harlem...

I agree that Parker and Duncan have to be incredibly effective. Whether that means dropping a ton of points themselves or forcing double teams that create shots for other players is up in the air.

Reck
05-10-2012, 08:24 PM
You're trying to hard now. :lol

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Only a 100%faggot would have the imagination to come up with something like that...

:lol Chokers
:lol relying on wade because the best man is a choker
:lol choking against the mavs
:lol taking 5 games to beat the knicks
:lol Spoelstra
:lol celebrating when rose was injured because your finals path is clear
:lol Bandwagoner

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
:lol Green
:lol Leonard
:lol Jackson

Watch LeBron take turns at taking wet dumps at each of the three of them.

Just like you saying Barca will dominate Chelsea. What happened? They didn't.

Goran Dragic
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Just like you saying Barca will dominate Chelsea. What happened? They didn't.

I didn't say that Barcelona will violate Chelsea's internals...

and crofl just pray that Chelsea will win because they're not going to be in the Champions League next year. :lmao :lmao

Ace
05-10-2012, 08:38 PM

1. Stephen Jackson will bang with LeBron all night long and get under his skin, guaranteed.

2. Kawhi Leonard is an incredibly talented on-ball defender and will check him when Jax is on the bench.

3. Saying that LeBron is "capable of outright dominating games" is complete garbage, and you know it. If you think LeBron is going to have his way against the Spurs in a 7 game series, you will be extremely disappointed when that does not happen.

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 08:39 PM
I didn't say that Barcelona will violate Chelsea's internals...

and crofl just pray that Chelsea will win because they're not going to be in the Champions League next year. :lmao :lmao

http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2011/10/24/thumbs/p18-111024-a4.jpg

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2011/10/24/thumbs/p18-111024-a4.jpg

:cry soccer smack talk in the basketball forum :cry

You can't even talk smack the right way. Just pray that you win and don't face Barcelona next year. Your Chelsea is going to get raped thrice over.

Who says 100%duncan is a good poster? :lmao

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 08:44 PM
:cry soccer smack talk in the basketball forum :cry

You can't even talk smack the right way...

who says 100%duncan is a good poster? :lmao

:cry Can't produce a good rebuttal :cry

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 08:47 PM
:cry Can't produce a good rebuttal :cry

lolol You're the stupid fuck who can't produce a good rebuttal. Tell me, how do you bring in a soccer reply in a solid basketball debate, and a prospective finals matchup at that? Are they the same sport? Do you also put the ball through a hoop that's 10 feet above the ground in soccer?

DAF86
05-10-2012, 08:50 PM
I think the Heat would beat the Spurs in a potential matchup but it's not in anyway a sure thing. The Spurs would definitely have a chance, a big chance.

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 08:53 PM
lolol You're the stupid fuck who can't produce a good rebuttal. Tell me, how do you bring in a soccer reply in a solid basketball debate, and a prospective finals matchup at that? Are they the same sport? Do you also put the ball through a hoop that's 10 feet above the ground in soccer?

:cry Venti makes bad predictions :cry
:cry Lebron will choke in the finals same as Messi did in the semis :cry

DAF86
05-10-2012, 08:56 PM
:cry I bandwagon the best teams in the World, but I make fun of them. I'm cool :cry

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 09:00 PM
:cry I never bandwagoned on Barca :cry

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2012, 09:05 PM
The Spurs have a few average perimeter defenders, they don't have any standout defenders on the perimeter..Green, Leonard, Jackson and Ginobili are all average defensive players..it should also be considered that the officiating will heavily favor Lebron and Wade against Green, Leonard and Jackson(the former 2 are essentially rookies, and Jackson doesn't have the defensive identity to receive reputation no-calls from the refs)..

Miami would have the 2 superstars in the series, while also receiving the advantage from the officiating..the Spurs would have a clear advantage in coaching and on the bench..Miami's advantage is more important..the Spurs' chance at winning the series would be by Parker playing like a superstar and Duncan outplaying Bosh by a decent margin..

Ace
05-10-2012, 09:23 PM
The Spurs have a few average perimeter defenders, they don't have any standout defenders on the perimeter..Green, Leonard, Jackson and Ginobili are all average defensive players..it should also be considered that the officiating will heavily favor Lebron and Wade against Green, Leonard and Jackson(the former 2 are essentially rookies, and Jackson doesn't have the defensive identity to receive reputation no-calls from the refs)..

Miami would have the 2 superstars in the series, while also receiving the advantage from the officiating..the Spurs would have a clear advantage in coaching and on the bench..Miami's advantage is more important..the Spurs' chance at winning the series would be by Parker playing like a superstar and Duncan outplaying Bosh by a decent margin..
Miami is also the best in pick and roll defense...