PDA

View Full Version : The worse 8

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Which team had the worse 8 come to them?

MattBonnerExperience
05-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Worse as in roster or in matchup?

Venti Quattro
05-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Overall. Matchups, how they were beaten...

Reck
05-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Hard choice.

Scrubs vs scrubs in east

banged up first seed vs superior team at the time.

Brazil
05-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Bulls and its not even close

Brazil
05-10-2012, 09:01 PM
for me the worst PO team this year is the knicks

TE
05-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Tough question

Bulls missing their resident mongoloid, spurs missing manu

Sixers are a true eighth seed
Grizz were not a true eighth seed

hmmm

benefactor
05-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Even with the loss of Rose, losing to Philly is worse tbh. Memphis was surging and took the Thunder to 7 in the next round. Philly was fucking horrible late in the season. They went 11-20 between the middle of February and the end of March.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Toss-up..

Chicago was missing Rose and lost Noah for the last few, but Memphis wasn't a traditional 8th seed(they clearly tanked to play the Spurs)..

Splits
05-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Bulls missing their resident mongoloid, spurs missing Manu
hmmm

Duncan was maybe 70% that series with a bum ankle. And before anyone plays the injury-excuse card, ZBo told TNT last night he's nowhere close to 100% and look where the Griz are now.

slick'81
05-10-2012, 09:09 PM
spurs by far sure spurs werent at full strength and the grizz werent ur average 8th but chi is without rose no comparison

MattBonnerExperience
05-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I would say SA had the worse 8, the grizzlies are WAY better than the 76ers but the spurs had a even worse matchup disadvantage against the grizz, all thier startes outplayed ours. Chicago is really the only team to blame for this loss after a dead moral and 2 key pieces lost.

russellgoat
05-10-2012, 09:10 PM
The bulls lot their best player, spurs lost the overrated tosb manu.

Texas_Ranger
05-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Spurs would still destroy 76ers without Parker....

InTheCrust
05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
lol spurfan saying the bulls had the worse 8 come to them despite gangbanger and the ugliest motherfucker in the league missing multiple games. no matter how you slice it, bullfan has an ironclad excuse, whereas spurfan will continue to be ridiculed (albeit a very contentious excuse, just not on the same level).

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 09:15 PM
This thread is confusing

A) Manu played in the Grizzlies series ......and LOST
B) Rose played & his team WON
C) Spurs also were missing their best post player?

This thread is stupid

Reck
05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
This thread is confusing

This thread is stupid

I think the Bulls getting jizzed on has minded fucked you.

VBM
05-10-2012, 09:19 PM
It'll be decided in the 2nd round. Memphis gave OKC all they could handle in Round 2. It legitimized the Spurs loss. If Philly gets waxed by Boston in 4 or 5, it makes the Bulls loss look even worse.

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I think the Bulls getting jizzed on has minded fucked you.
How are you comparing a team down 2 of their starters to a fully healthy team?

MattBonnerExperience
05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
This thread is confusing

This thread is stupid

Awww it's ok, you always have next year no need to be mad.

TE
05-10-2012, 09:22 PM

"fully" :lol

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Awww it's ok, you always have next year no need to be mad.
Mad?

I'm honored to see the fully healthy 2011 Spurs comparing themselves to a Bulls team down 2 starters

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 09:25 PM
"fully" :lol
Did I stutter

Duncan played = 6 games
Ginobili played = 5 games

Rose played = 1 game
Noah played = 3 games

:flag:

MattBonnerExperience
05-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Mad?

I'm honored to see the fully healthy 2011 Spurs comparing themselves to a Bulls team down 2 starters

I think you really know what you're talking about. OP asked which team had the worse matchups/talents to thier respective teams. These two #1 seeds aren't related in away except by how they're eliminated.

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
I think you really know what you're talking about. OP asked which team had the worse matchups/talents to thier respective teams. These two #1 seeds aren't related in away except by how they're eliminated.
If the Spurs lost Duncan & Parker, they would have lost to the Sixers too

There is NO team in the current NBA playoffs that would win a playoff series with their 2 best players out

Reck
05-10-2012, 09:29 PM

A healthy team that equals only bench quality bball.

According to you the Bulls bench was one of the better ones in the league so there is no excuse to lose to an inferior one.

slick'81
05-10-2012, 09:30 PM
\\exactly but again its a laker fan

TE
05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Did I stutter

Duncan played = 6 games

Rose played = 1 game
Noah played = 3 games

:lol you're in denial if you think the Spurs were healthy. They were very ginobili centric last year. He gets injured badly in an unfortunate play and still plays, albeit hobbled. Duncan sprained his ankle late in the season versus golden state. They were not fully healthy.

Reck
05-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Did I stutter

Duncan played = 6 games

Rose played = 1 game
Noah played = 3 games

Are you serious?

Manu played with one fucked up hand. Is that what you call fully healthy?

Just because he played didn't mean he was healthy. lol

Its ok, I get it, your mind is going at 200 mph right about now, cant think.

Sleep on it and get back to me tomorrow.

pass1st
05-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Bulls was worse in that their entire franchise hopes were ruined for the next 5-10 years in the blink of an eye

Spurs just has an embarrassing loss

TE
05-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Regardless of the circumstances, and as much as I hate to admit, Memphis was the better team and subsequently won. Can you say the same about playing against a team full of scrubs in Philly?

BanditHiro
A western conference 8th seed is the equivalent of a eastern conference 4th or 5th seed...

Spurtacus
Even without Rose or Noah its the Bulls. Sixers were the coldest playoff team having a losing record since the All-Star break.

Grizzlies were hot last year and matched up well against a banged up Spurs (Duncans ankle & Manus elbow). Grizzlies had a deeper team last year than the Sixers this year.

NewcastleKEG
:lol you're in denial if you think the Spurs were healthy. They were very ginobili centric last year. He gets injured badly in an unfortunate play and still plays, albeit hobbled. Duncan sprained his ankle late in the season versus golden state. They were not fully healthy.
He missed one single game

In the playoffs that's healthy

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Are you serious?

Manu played with one fucked up hand. Is that what you call fully healthy?

Just because he played didn't mean he was healthy. lol

Its ok, I get it, your mind is going at 200 mph right about now, cant think.

Sleep on it and get back to me tomorrow.
Yadda yadda yadda

He missed 1 single game

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Bulls was worse in that their entire franchise hopes were ruined for the next 5-10 years in the blink of an eye

Spurs just has an embarrassing loss
I don't see how Rose doesn't retire before next season

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Regardless of the circumstances, and as much as I hate to admit, Memphis was the better team and subsequently won. Can you say the same about playing against a team full of scrubs in Philly?
Take Duncan & Parker off the Spurs and you would lose to a team full of scrubs too

There is NO team in the NBA that can lose it's 2 best players & still win a playoff series

MattBonnerExperience
05-10-2012, 09:36 PM
If the Spurs lost Duncan & Parker, they would have lost to the Sixers too

There is NO team in the current NBA playoffs that would win a playoff series with their 2 best players out

This is not about that though, it's a discussion which team had the worse matchup/talent. The bulls had it worse but there's no reason to call this thread pointless or dumb.

TE
05-10-2012, 09:37 PM
He missed one single game

In the playoffs that's healthy

Wow, I'll just take you seriously tomorrow or on another day, you're obviously going through a tough time. Pop a Newcastle and drink your sorrows away:lol

Reck
05-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Keg is a joke.

I'd say he is trolling but his history with saying stupid shit here says otherwise.

Reck
05-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Take Duncan & Parker off the Spurs and you would lose to a team full of scrubs too

There is NO team in the NBA that can lose it's 2 best players & still win a playoff series

Just to pass the time and lol at you a little..

Spurst beat The Suns and Golden State this year without the big 3, minus a few bench players.

That's your equivalent of a Sixers squad, if not a better team.

Cant wait to hear your shitty take on this. :lol

Brazil
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
:lmao spurs fans sometimes

LkrFan
05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Hard choice.

Scrubs vs scrubs in east

banged up first seed vs superior team at the time.

Nice :downspin: :lol

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Just to pass the time and lol at you a little..

Spurst beat The Suns and Golden State this year without the big 3, minus a few bench players.

That's your equivalent of a Sixers squad, if not a better team.

Cant wait to hear your shitty take on this. :lol
Geez where do I start exposing your shitty posts

- Regular season?
- Suns & Warriors?
- Do I really have to bump the countless threads (probably by you) about how the Bulls don't need Rose given their record this year without him

This thread is awful

Reck
05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Geez where do I start exposing your shitty posts

- Regular season?
- Suns & Warriors?
- Do I really have to bump the countless threads (probably by you) about how the Bulls don't need Rose given their record this year without him

This thread is awful

You are a retard. Baring no injuries, what changes in your lineup?

Suns are a better team then the Sixers as they are right now.

You have failed in so many levels on this thread.

:lolSpurs healthy last year
:lolNot knowing the difference between playing hurt and being fully healthy
:lolScrub 8th seeder beating a supposed elite bench

What else am I missing? :rollin

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
You are a retard. Baring no injuries, what changes in your lineup?

Suns are a better team then the Sixers as they are right now.

You have failed in so many levels on this thread.

:lolSpurs healthy last year
:lolNot knowing the difference between playing hurt and being fully healthy
:lolScrub 8th seeder beating a supposed elite bench

What else am I missing? :rollin
This post makes no sense

Please rewrite in the form of a normally constructed message

Reck
05-10-2012, 10:17 PM
^ Means I hit a nerve. Oh butthurt.

urunobili
05-10-2012, 10:20 PM
07 Golden State says hi...

Pelicans78
05-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Manu may have been hurt, but he played.

Not only was Rose out, but Noah is their 2nd most important player and he was out as well.

However, Memphis was a much better team than the Sixers even though the Sixers were better than the Suns and Golden State this season. Really? Golden State? A shitty ass team like that?

Reck
05-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Manu may have been hurt, but he played.

Not only was Rose out, but Noah is their 2nd most important player and he was out as well.

However, Memphis was a much better team than the Sixers even though the Sixers were better than the Suns and Golden State this season. Really? Golden State? A shitty ass team like that?

LOL and yet Sixers only tally 2 more wins then the Suns.

Suns would have been a solid 6 seed in the east.

tesseractive
05-10-2012, 10:27 PM

100%duncan
05-10-2012, 10:33 PM
]If the Spurs lost Duncan & Parker, they would have lost to the Sixers too[/B]

:lmao Rose

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 10:36 PM
:lmao Rose
Quality post. Can't wait for your next Spur fan

Pelicans78
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
LOL and yet Sixers only tally 2 more wins then the Suns.

Suns would have been a solid 6 seed in the east.

Since you want to use small sample regular season games as an argument, I'll play by your rules.

Philly 103 at Phoenix 83

There you go. According to your rules, Philly is the better team.

TimmehC
05-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Spurs weren't going anywhere last year. The Bulls had a legit shot, but lost their best player - and he'll probably miss part of next season too.

Harder to take as a fan: Bulls
More humiliating: Spurs

Reck
05-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Since you want to use small sample regular season games as an argument, I'll play by your rules.

Philly 103 at Phoenix 83

There you go. According to your rules, Philly is the better team.

Well that's stupid.

I'm not talking about regular season or head to head games. I'm talking about overall best team.

The Suns are a better stacked team then Philly. There is no question about it.

Pelicans78
05-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Well that's stupid.

I'm not talking about regular season or head to head games. I'm talking about overall best team.

The Suns are a better stacked team then Philly. There is no question about it.

Really? Your argument was the Spurs beat the Suns in the regular season without their big 3. A one game sample.

So I just applied your theory and showed how the Sixers blasted the Suns in the regular season. So according to your theory, the Sixers are better than the Suns.

And no the Suns are not better stacked compared to Philly. Go look at the rosters again closely.

You still have no explanation on putting the Warriors into the argument.

Reck
05-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Really? Your argument was the Spurs beat the Suns in the regular season without their big 3. A one game sample.

So I just applied your theory and showed how the Sixers blasted the Suns in the regular season. So according to your theory, the Sixers are better than the Suns.

And no the Suns are not better stacked compared to Philly. Go look at the rosters again closely.

You still have no explanation on putting the Warriors into the argument.

That was to this..

I didn't mean a series.

But now that we're discussing the matter I would go on record and say Spurs still beat them.

Take Parker and Duncan out, you still have Diaw, Splitter, Leonard, Green and Manu.

You dont need anymore to beat a scrub like the Sixers.

As far as Suns being better then the Sixers, you dont have to look too deep to realize who would come out on top if you pit the Suns vs Sixers in a series of games.

Pelicans78
05-10-2012, 11:20 PM
That was to this..

I didn't mean a series.

But now that we're discussing the matter I would go on record and say Spurs still beat them.

Take Parker and Duncan out, you still have Diaw, Splitter, Leonard, Green and Manu.

You dont need anymore to beat a scrub like the Sixers.

As far as Suns being better then the Sixers, you dont have to look too deep to realize who would come out on top if you pit the Suns vs Sixers in a series of games.

That's just not true. Go look at the rosters. Sixers are athletic and a very good defensive team. Outside of Nash and Gortat, what else do the Suns have?

But I am convinced that without Parker and Duncan, the Spurs would beat the Sixers even though a healthy and fit Manu is arguably their best player.

BlackSwordsMan
05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Spurs -- they had their main players

Reck
05-10-2012, 11:39 PM
That's just not true. Go look at the rosters. Sixers are athletic and a very good defensive team. Outside of Nash and Gortat, what else do the Suns have?

But I am convinced that without Parker and Duncan, the Spurs would beat the Sixers even though a healthy and fit Manu is arguably their best player.

I feel like Frye, Dudley and old man Hill are better then what the Sixers have to offer outside their main guys in my opinion.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Don't worry about this worry about the 7th game coming up bro..........

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Sixers have a better post combo in Brand & Hawes
Sixers have the better guards & forwards
Sixers have the better bench
Sixers are better coached

Suns have a fun offense. But they are an EXTREMELY soft team. Guys like Dudley, Frye & Lopez are extremely inconsistent. Hill offers you nothing offensively