PDA

View Full Version : Another Lakers fans/if you were a Lakers fan question:

Venti Quattro
05-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Given the state of the team now, would you rather lose Game 7 or get swept next round?

Spurtacus
05-11-2012, 12:28 AM
As a fan, lose game 7 at home.

As a hater, I'd like to see back to back skunker exits.

Bynumite
05-11-2012, 12:28 AM
2012 NBA Champion.

Reck
05-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Losing this one.

Getting swept in the next round makes you look worse because you'd have beaten a subpar team just barely. The next team would know all your witnesses and make you look even worst then you are, therefore negating the series you won in the first round.

Venti Quattro
05-11-2012, 12:30 AM
2012 NBA Champion.

Quit smoking pot. They are not sniffing the WCF with this pathetic play.

pass1st
05-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Neither, take game 7 and bring it to OKC. I believe this might be the jump start to our team that is needed to start getting those lazy fucks (bynum/pau) to start playing like champs. If a game 7 at home doesn't bring the team out, nothing will and nothing short of major trade moves will fix this shit up for the future.

Still got faith in this team

Venti Quattro
05-11-2012, 12:36 AM

I wish I had the same faith as you have right now.

Spurtacus
Neither, take game 7 and bring it to OKC. I believe this might be the jump start to our team that is needed to start getting those lazy fucks (bynum/pau) to start playing like champs. If a game 7 at home doesn't bring the team out, nothing will and nothing short of major trade moves will fix this shit up for the future.

If Phil Jackson was coaching I'd have faith. But Phil isn't there to bring out the championship play from Gasol/Bynum.

HarlemHeat37
Lakers are contenders, hoping for a game 7 loss would be foolish..

Unfortunately, it appears that Gasol has quit on the team, and Bynum's brain is fucked up..this will be their chance to get it together and start a run, tbh..

It'll also help to have Metta back in the lineup, he'll bring an emotional and physical boost to a lifeless team..

If only Fisher was still on the team, his leadership is sorely missed..

DeadlyDynasty
05-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Theoretically you'd want them to at least make the conf semis, but this team is so lazy and pathetic it's not even worth the trouble. Regardless of what happens in Game 7, OKC is going to have a free pass to the wcf

InRareForm
05-11-2012, 12:45 AM
They aren't going to win more than 2 games against OKC... even if they get their heads straight.

Robz4000
05-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Tough question.

Lose Game 7, your team will be considered massive chokers and be part of less-then-favorable history. However, it would prove that the Lakers need to be rebuilt differently and I feel your FO would get something done, and it's hard for it to get worse than it is.

Get swept by OKC, and you're skunked out of the playoffs two years in a row. Let's face it, OKC won't beat both the Spurs and Heat unless they get hot like the Mavs did last year (their defense is nowhere near as good as last year's Mavs tho), so you can't claim to of lost to the eventual champs like last year. However, as you stated in the game thread, a sweep would show you where the team stands against the true future of the West.

I'd go with the former, as it's obvious the Lakers need some vital changes to contend in the future, and getting skunked with your team at full strength is worse than choking with a key player out for most of the series.