PDA

View Full Version : Fun at HEB

Shelly
06-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Why is that my darling children have to use HEB as their boxing ring? I swear, those two did nothing but punch each other throughout the whole store. In a nutshell:

*punch*
"OWWWW! Mom! He hit me!"
"Will you two knock it off"
*punch*
"Why did you you hit him?"
"Because he hit me first and I'm hitting him back"
"You're the one who started the whole thing!"
*Throw in some various name calling*

Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Share your war stories, please.

T Park
06-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Had a guy run in front of me one time, almost diving, and grabbed like the last 3 Spurs car flags and ran away.

People behind me laughed and were like "Car flags are rationed here dontcha know that?"

Oh, getting Chinese food from the Super big HEB On Millitary, and the woman tried to tell me they didnt make a "pint" box.

So i point to the pint example box on the counter and she looks and like serious as can be

"Um, were all out of those boxes"

"Um, theres a bunch right behind you"

Im like, WTF, JUST FILL THE GODDAMN ORDER!!!!

Guru of Nothing
06-22-2005, 02:55 PM
I want ...
Can I get ...
No, I want this one ...
He got to pick dessert last time ...
I don't like that ....

and then there are these miniature baskets that my girls want to use, which is fine, until I get rammed in the achilles.

Jekka
06-22-2005, 02:56 PM
My favorite grocery-store story is still overhearing a mother telling her child at the checkout line, "SPATULA! I got TWO WORDS for you - BE-HAVE."

gay abc
06-22-2005, 02:57 PM
:lol

i've been banned from HEB :lol - i hate going there - the store manager doesn't even know what or where the "Spurs HEB Fan Stand" is

Shelly
06-22-2005, 02:58 PM
I want ...
Can I get ...
No, I want this one ...
He got to pick dessert last time ...
I don't like that ....

and then there are these miniature baskets that my girls want to use, which is fine, until I get rammed in the achilles.

Oh..those baskets are the worst! Linen-N-Things used to have those and my son would always ram that into my heels. They've been gone for a long time now. People must've complained..:lol

jalbre6
06-22-2005, 03:07 PM
My favorite grocery-store story is still overhearing a mother telling her child at the checkout line, "SPATULA! I got TWO WORDS for you - BE-HAVE."
:lol
We have a winner.

SpursWoman
06-22-2005, 03:11 PM
I've been very lucky, only having to take either one of them or NONE of them with me.

Much easier, much quicker. :)

Taco
06-22-2005, 03:18 PM
I was at the Home Depot with my grandson sitting in the shopping cart, in the check out line he reached over to grab something hanging the item fell and he looks right at me and says "I didn't do it!" :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I like their donuts.

Flea
06-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Don't get me started.

Ballcox
06-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, I've got 2 year old twins, and I've learned my lesson about taking them to the store together. They're either going at each other constantly (hitting, grabbing, etc.), grabbing things off the shelves, or the last time I tried it my boy decides to disappear behind the seafood counter. I'm looking all over the damn HEB for him, starting to freak out when the guy behind the seafood counter asks me if this is my kid. Needless to say, I only take one with me now, no exceptions!

respect the 'fro :fro

Shelly
06-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I usually don't take them with me at all! I can leave them both home for a bit now. The thing is when they are at home while I'm out running an errand, they behave.

ZStomp
06-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Why is that my darling children have to use HEB as their boxing ring? I swear, those two did nothing but punch each other throughout the whole store. In a nutshell:

*punch*
"OWWWW! Mom! He hit me!"
"Will you two knock it off"
*punch*
"Why did you you hit him?"
"Because he hit me first and I'm hitting him back"
"You're the one who started the whole thing!"
*Throw in some various name calling*

Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Share your war stories, please.

No war stories. Just that I'm glad I don't have children.

This was just another sweet reminder: Don't have kids ZStomp!

ZStomp
06-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Had a guy run in front of me one time, almost diving, and grabbed like the last 3 Spurs car flags and ran away.

People behind me laughed and were like "Car flags are rationed here dontcha know that?"

Oh, getting Chinese food from the Super big HEB On Millitary, and the woman tried to tell me they didnt make a "pint" box.

So i point to the pint example box on the counter and she looks and like serious as can be

"Um, were all out of those boxes"

"Um, theres a bunch right behind you"

Im like, WTF, JUST FILL THE GODDAMN ORDER!!!!

I though Shelly meant war stories of your children at the SuperMarket....:lol

Shelly
06-22-2005, 04:56 PM
I though Shelly meant war stories of your children at the SuperMarket....:lol

ssshhhh :lol

T Park
06-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I totally didnt get it.

Hey come on, Im T Park, it should be expected...

Ginofan
06-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Fun at HEB....well I don't know how much fun it was, but it was enlightening to learn about the wonderful thing called Andre. Cheap, fun, and mind numbing. Big thanks to Jekka and Manny.