PDA

View Full Version : Wich team scares you the most ?

ginobili fan
05-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Personally, I don't see any team better or that equals the Spurs today.

But if I have to take one team who scares me it's the Heat only because the whole world would be behind them and all the hype the media would make to support them, and even the NBA would favorise them in every way...

cd98
05-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Celtics. Their offense is iffy, but their defense is still very strong.

Miami. They have star power.

In the west, only Spurs.

mkurts
05-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Scares the most ???

The Heat ????

Really ????

:lmao:lmao:lmao

TampaDude
05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
The Spurs have a winning record against all remaining West teams, including a blowout victory over each of them. No real worries for the Spurs until the Finals, and even then, we should be able to take Miami or Boston in 6.

bklynspursfan
05-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Lakers, Miami worry me the most

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Miami and Boston. The west teams are no big deal for the majority. I would call Lakers a threat to us, but they are probably going to end up losing to Nuggets in Game 7.

quanzinelli
05-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Don't over look the Pacers

freetiago
05-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Celtics always play out of their minds vs SA
rondos turns into steve nash when he plays SA draining every jumpshot hes never made in his career

Mal
05-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Lakers, Miami worry me the most

Lakers wont win g7 tbh

pad300
05-11-2012, 09:28 AM
MIA, OKC

I don't expect a fairly officiated series against either. It's going to be very tough.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-11-2012, 09:40 AM
At this point the only team I would question the Spurs chances against is Miami. Spurs will have to throw Leonard and Green at guys like Wade and Lebron. Rookies vs. guys who get more superstar calls than anyone in the league is a worrisome thought. Obviously the Spurs bench is wildly superior to the Heat's but constant foul trouble to key guys could fuck up the rotations and rhythm of the team.

KaiRMD1
05-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Philly

thispego
05-11-2012, 09:58 AM
It's all shaping up pretty good for the Spurs. If the clippers can finsih of the grizzlies then we should have a fairly easy second round. If the lakers or nuggets are able to give the Thunder a tough 2nd round then we should be facing a pretty worn out Thunder team in the WCF. I see Miami making it to the Finals but they have really tough ECSF and ECF matchups in Pacers and Celtics. Miami should be good and worn out by the time the Finals gets here. I could see Miami potentially going through 14 more games before reaching the finals. I see Spurs going through 9 or 10 MAX before reaching the finals.

Jimcs50
05-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Thunder, by far. They have size, they have outside shooting, they can run or play halfcourt, they have experience, and they have good coaching.

Jimcs50
05-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Philly

Talking about the team, not the fans.

:p:

Typical London Boy
05-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Definitely OKC. We'd have to play really well to get out of a series with them alive, and even then I see it as going 6-7 games.

If we got to the NBA Finals, I'm confident we'd overcome the Heat (or anyone else, for that matter). I think Miami are vastly overrated, and will get found out when up against a team as good as the Spurs.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Heat, no question.

Spurs would get throttled.

Budkin
05-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Heat. Even though we'd probably win they have a scary amount of talent.

thispego
05-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Heat, no question.

:rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Heat, no question.

Heat will be no problem whatsoever.

HarlemHo 37
05-11-2012, 10:51 AM
I guess just about every team's been taken, so I guess I'll go with Denver. Speed and quickness can cause the Spurs all kinds of problems. They're about to take a giant dump on the Lakers and they have no fear. They're playing with house money.

Paranoid Pop
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Grizzlies
Heat
Thunder
Lakers

could all beat us in a seven game series

Jimcs50
05-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Grizzlies
Heat
Thunder
Lakers

could all beat us in a seven game series

Grizzlies are no problem for Spurs

Heat will be cakewalk for Spurs

Thunder will take us to at least 6 games before losing

Lakers will only win game 3.

HarlemHo 37
05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Grizzlies are no problem for Spurs

Heat will be cakewalk for Spurs

Thunder will take us to at least 6 games before losing

Lakers will only win game 3.

Oops... somebody's got a case of the 2011's. Don't fear the Grizz, why is everyone so worried about Memphis, Charles Barkley is full of shit. Never underestimate your opponent and never take them for granted. Hasn't the Lakers series taught you anything?

bklynspursfan
05-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Lakers wont win g7 tbh

Let's hope that's the case. The Lakers you see now won't be the Lakers we would see IF we met them in the WCF

timtonymanu
05-11-2012, 11:12 AM
The Heat.

They've got the best player in the league. They want to redeem themselves after last year's loss. Assuming the Spurs get to the Finals, they would be a tough team to eliminate.

Next would be the Thunder. You know the Thunder will get a lot of calls their way.

We may not even have to see the Lakers. I'm not scared of Boston.

TimmehC
05-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Miami. Though, the Thunder aren't going to be as easy to beat as a lot of folks think.

Yuixafun
05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
The Heat.

They've got the best player in the league. They want to redeem themselves after last year's loss. Assuming the Spurs get to the Finals, they would be a tough team to eliminate.

Next would be the Thunder. You know the Thunder will get a lot of calls their way.

We may not even have to see the Lakers. I'm not scared of Boston.

:toast

Horse
05-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Let's hope that's the case. The Lakers you see now won't be the Lakers we would see IF we met them in the WCF
I'm not so sure about that. I think we figured some shit out the last two games. Most important we know if you push bynum around and make it difficult on him he will give up. And pau is a major frontrunner if all is going well, he can play great but put up some resistance and he folds like dirk. When he's a #2 or 3 and kobe is doing the heavy lifting he's a great compliment but when it's on his shoulders, like when he was in memphis he's just a big pussy.

Brazil
05-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Personally, I don't see any team better or that equals the Spurs today.

But if I have to take one team who scares me it's the Heat only because the whole world would be behind them and all the hype the media would make to support them, and even the NBA would favorise them in every way...

:lmao:lmao

gnsf :lmao:lmao

SpursDynasty85
05-11-2012, 01:10 PM
OKC. Should James Harden realize his potential, which is Manuesque. We could be on outside looking in during the NBA finals time.

vander
05-11-2012, 02:18 PM
miami scares me, i'd put our chances of beating them at under 50%. OKC would scare me but westbrook can be turned into a liability for them with some good smart D

hooperflash
05-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Freebirds

SA210
05-11-2012, 02:51 PM
What's all this "scared" talk about? Concerned, worried...maybe a bit....but scared?

spursfan1000
05-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Only the heat scare me, all the west teams are not going to be a problem for the spurs but the heat have so much fire power, and thats not even the part that makes me nervous, I know the nba would rather lebron get his first ring rather then Duncan getting his 5th. But other then them spurs can take out any other team easily being healthy.

BlairForceDejuan
05-11-2012, 02:56 PM
The Spurs tbh. Never before has the world seen such a great team. We do not what such excellence is capable of.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Yuixafun
05-11-2012, 04:16 PM
The Spurs tbh. Never before has the world seen such a great team. We do not what such excellence is capable of.

http://www.hark.com/clips/dvgfldjskq-fate-rarely-calls-upon-us-at-a-moment-of-our-choosing

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."

Cant_Be_Faded
05-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Would the Heat's small lineup without a center here able to defend the Spurs, to the degree of lockdown they have shown this season against other teams?

They don't really gave a center. If the spurs are good enough to exploit that and run the offense, we can beat the heat. If the perimeter talent is just too much, we will look old, slow, and get run out the gym.

The only team I would "fear"would be the heat. But I think any team out there can beat the spurs if they get the right breaks

therealtruth
05-11-2012, 06:34 PM
I think the Mavs set the blueprint for how to beat the Heat. Keep the turnovers down and move the ball on offense. We'll also need big contributions from the big 3 when the offense gets stagnant.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Grizzlies, Lakers and Heat. Would be sweet to see the Spurs crush all three teams en route to the trophy though!

Manu-20
05-11-2012, 07:37 PM
I think the Mavs set the blueprint for how to beat the Heat. Keep the turnovers down and move the ball on offense. We'll also need big contributions from the big 3 when the offense gets stagnant.
Pretty much all of this is true and makes me wonder why so many spurs fans may fear the heat we have a much better overall team and our ball movement is by far the best in the league even the heats defense would have trouble with the spurs offense its just that good.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Honestly, I'm shocked with how "afraid" you all are of the Heat. The Spurs would beat the Heat in 6, what is with you guys??? The heat obviously have 2 great players, and Bosh is very good. But Duncan VS Bosh is a wash. Duncan can offset him. LeBron Obviously will cause us problems. But I feel Manu can slow Wade down enough. Outside the marquee 3 players Miami has, their bench is obviously paper thin. And clearly the Spurs have the best bench in the NBA. How far can LeBron and Wade take Miami? Do you guys not see fatigue playing any roll in the NBA Finals??? The Spurs are the most rested team in the NBA, and the deepest! Does that mean nothing to any of you? OKC is just as good as Miami, if not better, they are much deeper, and have quite a bit more size, yet OKC is doable for San Antonio??? This is the Spurs drive for 5, and the only reason we won't be getting another ring this year would be due to injuries. Get on board.:flag:

alfahdlan
05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
At this point the only team I would question the Spurs chances against is Miami. Spurs will have to throw Leonard and Green at guys like Wade and Lebron. Rookies vs. guys who get more superstar calls than anyone in the league is a worrisome thought. Obviously the Spurs bench is wildly superior to the Heat's but constant foul trouble to key guys could fuck up the rotations and rhythm of the team.

Could we start manu and jackson instead? or play diaw as small forward instead? thoughts . . .

Sleepy_Floyd
05-11-2012, 09:42 PM

Yeah I think the only team the spurs have to worry about is themselves. They are capable of beating anyone in the league, but for years now they've always found ways to beat themselves. This is also the best supporting cast we've had in some time and we're healthy, so there are no more excuses. Let's finish this :ihit

Capt Bringdown
05-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah I think the only team the spurs have to worry about is themselves. They are capable of beating anyone in the league, but for years now they've always found ways to beat themselves. This is also the best supporting cast we've had in some time and we're healthy, so there are no more excuses. Let's finish this :ihit

Agreed. Spurs have some demons to exorcise. No more head-hanging or fetal positions, please.

Legacy
05-11-2012, 11:41 PM
None of them. The End.

davidbowie
05-11-2012, 11:45 PM
m.i...yayo

purist
05-12-2012, 03:17 PM
spurs. the only team that can beat the spurs in a 7 game series.