PDA

View Full Version : All this blame from media and fans alike toward the Lakers,

midnightpulp
05-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Mike Brown, Andrew Bynum, and Pau Gasol, has obscured the real reason the Lakers have lost control of this series: George Karl's adjustment to pack and swarm the paint.

Phil Jackson did the exact same thing in '04 when Duncan and Parker were killing the Lakers on the inside. Since the Spurs' shooters couldn't hit a Japanese civilian with an atomic bomb, the inside never opened up again, rendering Duncan and Parker useless on the offensive end for the rest of series, enabling the Lakers to climb out of a 2-0 deficit and steal the series.

I know the fashionable angle right now is call out the Lakers' bigs for "having no heart" or even to blame Kobe for "chucking" and stagnating the offense. But because the Lakers have no reliable outside shooting, the paint remains more congested than Lakaluva's throat after an oral sex session with Koolaid_man, which forces the ball back outside and usually into the hands of Bryant, who has no choice to but to "take a bad shot." Karl is totally content with letting Bryant score 30-40 as long as everyone else is contained. Karl's adjustment has made the Lakers' offense super predictable to defend, and there's not much Brown can do to counter other than hoping the Lakers' outside shooting improves.

The Lakers will still win this series. Ty Lawson doesn't play well at Staples, and I'm not convinced the Nuggets are capable of handling the pressure of a closeout game 7 on the road, especially if they find themselves in a one possession situation late in the 4th quarter, but nonetheless, Karl's coaching job deserves more credit than the Lakers deserve blame.

Koolaid_Man
05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Mike Brown, Andrew Bynum, and Pau Gasol, has obscured the real reason the Lakers have lost control of this series: George Karl's adjustment to pack and swarm the paint.

Phil Jackson did the exact same thing in '04 when Duncan and Parker were killing the Lakers on the inside. Since the Spurs' shooters couldn't hit a Japanese civilian with an atomic bomb, the inside never opened up again, rendering Duncan and Parker useless on the offensive end for the rest of series, enabling the Lakers to climb out of a 2-0 deficit and steal the series.

I know the fashionable angle right now is call out the Lakers' bigs for "having no heart" or even to blame Kobe for "chucking" and stagnating the offense. But because the Lakers have no reliable outside shooting, the paint remains more congested than Lakaluva's throat after an oral sex session with Koolaid_man, which forces the ball back outside and usually into the hands of Bryant, who has no choice to but to "take a bad shot." Karl is totally content with letting Bryant score 30-40 as long as everyone else is contained. Karl's adjustment has made the Lakers' offense super predictable to defend, and there's not much Brown can do to counter other than hoping the Lakers' outside shooting improves.

The Lakers will still win this series. Ty Lawson doesn't play well at Staples, and I'm not convinced the Nuggets are capable of handling the pressure of a closeout game 7 on the road, especially if they find themselves in a one possession situation late in the 4th quarter, but nonetheless, Karl's coaching job deserves more credit than the Lakers deserve blame.

I would like to say that I appreciate your analysis...:toast Keep up the good
work...

but it's hard to commend a child sexual predator wannabe..13 yr old come on mid...you better than that aren't you? wtf man

Reck
05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
It only takes one kool post to fuck up a thread. lol

Spur_Fanatic
05-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Nice post.

But, truly, Gasol played like crap. Call it bad luck, or whatever. He just coudn't get a a decent shot in. And he had a shit ton of open shots. Barnes and Blake are pretty bad. They were dared to shot the 3, with all the Nuggets in the paint, and they kept giving the ball back, trying to penetrate when they shoudn't, etc. And Bynum... well. He is the worse. He truly never cared about the game. Dunno what happened between the "Close-out games are easy" and Game 6, maybe Kobe slept with his mum or something, but he was never in the game. And what's that "I dont join the huddles" thingie of his? Is that new?

Donkeybong
05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Combination of being out-coached, no outside shooting, and the bleeding vagina's on our bigs

InRareForm
05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Getting his zen on

Koolaid_Man
05-11-2012, 07:01 PM
It only takes one kool post to fuck up a thread. lol

:lmao

pass1st
05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
We have 3 people who can usually hit an open 3 in Kobe, Sessions & Blake. If we had two on the wings, one around the key, Bynum & Gasol in the paint, Denver would likely fold. Bynum can't pass out of the paint for shit so that plan isn't really full-proof.

If Gasol grew a pair, then he can run the offense and leave Bynum for defense.

SpursIndonesia
05-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Offense is just half of playing basketball, my friend. Denver doesn't have the ultra dominant big ala Shaquille (though Bynum's defense made McGee looks like Kareem at times), heck they don't even have a real perimeter superstar ala prime 2004 Kobe.

Lakers could have still swept the series even with their offense stagnating, if they play defensively up to their potential. Too bad, it only happens in spurts, because their supposed advantage in the paint defensively play like an ovulating pussy & unmotivated moron.

rayjayjohnson
05-11-2012, 10:18 PM

:lmao