PDA

View Full Version : The Grizz will not be fun for you

tlongII
05-11-2012, 11:21 PM
They are old school and don't mind taking fouls. They are going to be a bitch.

100%duncan
05-11-2012, 11:23 PM
:cry We're fucked.

Buddy Holly
05-11-2012, 11:34 PM

They don't mind taking fouls? The fuck?

Oh ok, well guys, pack up and go home, they like to take fouls. :depressed

Budkin
05-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Spurs in 5.

WeNeedLength
05-11-2012, 11:38 PM

"I ♥ Oden"

:lol

Venti Quattro
05-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Despite his objectionable character, tlongII has a good history of predictions.

Just not anything Blazers-related.

davidbowie
05-11-2012, 11:41 PM
there's no way in hell we lose to friggin memphis two years in a row

tesseractive
05-11-2012, 11:43 PM
I think we can win this time, but I agree that this is going to be a nasty, physical series.

SnakeBoy
05-11-2012, 11:45 PM
It should be interesting to see what happens when the grizz get physical...because no team has ever tried that on the spurs before. Tim, Tony, Manu might not have the experience to know how to react.

$pursDynasty
05-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Spurs in 4 the sweeps continue!!!

Manu-20
05-11-2012, 11:49 PM
It should be interesting to see what happens when the grizz get physical...because no team has ever tried that on the spurs before. Tim, Tony, Manu might not have the experience to know how to react.
Are you trying to troll or your really believe that?

Venti Quattro
05-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Are you trying to troll or your really believe that?

He forgot to color his text blue/neon green.

davidbowie
05-11-2012, 11:51 PM
if it gets nasty stackjack can step in and go into malice in the palace/strip club parking lot mode :ihit

ShoogarBear
05-11-2012, 11:52 PM

That's okay. Stephen Jackson will be there to provide a calming influence.

davidbowie
05-11-2012, 11:53 PM
shoog knows what's up haha

InRareForm
05-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Just wish we had some goons to retaliate with some dirty/physicality play if needed. Good thing we got Sjax tho tbh.. that's a start.

SnakeBoy
05-12-2012, 12:01 AM
He forgot to color his text blue/neon green.

Didn't forget, I thought the sarcasm was too obvious to need blue text. Guess I was wrong.

spursfan1000
05-12-2012, 12:02 AM
It will be fun in the end and that's all that matters really

Ninja
05-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Watching the Spurs cut down the Grizzlies will not be fun for the haters. Spurs in 5.

Splits
05-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Actually, the Griz will be fun.

It will be fun to actually be challenged. We've been slaughtering the league for the past two months with mostly double-digit wins. I look forward to some got damn competition

It will be fun to play them when they're banged up and we're full strength

It will be fun to exorcise the demons of yesteryear. The Spurs always avenge their playoff ousters.

It will be fun because basketball is a fun sport, and our fuckin team rocks and is extremely entertaining to watch.

It will be fun because more people will put those Spurs flags on their cars the deeper we go.

It will be fun.

Solid D
05-12-2012, 12:06 AM

If the Spurs face the Grizzlies, they certainly won't be fun to deal with. However, the Spurs don't mind taking fouls either. Any chance to get free shots is a good thing. The thing make makes the Griz tough is their scrambling, hard-nosed defense, they run guys off the 3-pt line and they have trmendous interior size. That's why they would be "not fun".

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Didn't forget, I thought the sarcasm was too obvious to need blue text. Guess I was wrong.

Sometimes people need obvious things to be pointed out at them. You're not helping that cause.

SnakeBoy
05-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Watching the Spurs cut down the Grizzlies will not be fun for the haters. Spurs in 5.

After watching all the grizzlies/clippers games I think giving the grizzlies one win is being overly generous but I guess they might have a shot at game 1 if the Spurs come out rusty.

Yuixafun
05-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Memphis will try to intimidate but are in for a reckoning.

Steven Jackson's Thugshine has nourished the tiniest seeds of toughness in all the Spurs to grow.

Not only will the Spurs play with a chip on their shoulder but they also have edge now.

Grizzlies gon' get eviscerated, fur hats for everyone to remember the Alamo.
:king

silverblackfan
05-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Bring on a confident, mean, but weary team. The Spurs wil take their revenge, game by game. Oh yes.
Game by game.
The media will pan the series, as usual.

Spurs in 5.

Legacy
05-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Whoever said they would be fun? Respect all teams-- but fear none has always been my motto. Bring it on. We are all competitors, here.

:flag:

Solid D
05-12-2012, 12:38 AM
That's okay. Stephen Jackson will be there to provide a calming influence.

Stephen Jackson will always bring the Three Ts: Toughness, Threes and Turnovers.

DatBoyGood
05-12-2012, 01:07 AM
If we end up playing grizz i hope parker just goes off on conley after what happened in the PO last year

05-12-2012, 01:56 AM
grizzlies is definitely a good test to see if this spurs team is playoff tough.

Sense
05-12-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm excited to see the Grizzlies more than the Clippers, we all know we could take them.. but the Grizzlies will bring more life to the playoff run and the Spurs could use that especially with OKC following. We need this kind of series like we needed to beat the Sonics for the 2005 title, it was a very physical series but I believe it propelled us.

Can't wait til Tuesday.. I will be watching Sunday.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-12-2012, 02:05 AM
mentally and physically, i'm glad if we get the grizz. i think if the clips advance it would be another easy series and i'm not too comfortable with 2 easy series before la or okc.

DesignatedT
05-12-2012, 02:07 AM
this cements it. we win the series. thanks tlong

Hooks
05-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Spurs in 5!

The Clippers are like a poor man's version of the Spurs and if they're giving Memphis this much trouble you can just imagine what SA will do to them.

Gay is just 23-74 from the field thanks to Kawhi/Green shutting him down, nearly every single one of those 23 FG's made was also against Dick.

phyzik
05-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Fuk yo Spurs hate Clown!

Stephen Jackson makes love to pressure!

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2012, 03:26 AM
why is a portland fan talkin shit about the spurs when his team is lottery bound?

tenbeersbold
05-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Nah...Clips got this:toast

spurraider21
05-12-2012, 04:39 AM
bring on the grizz. if we beat them maybe people will cut it out with the "spurs are good but look what happened last season" nonsense

Calispursfan11
05-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Parker will rape Conley this year. Rudy Gay is a chucker. They don't have Arthur either. It's payback time. This series will not be fun for the Grizz assuming they even win game 7 against the Clippers. They still have to beat Chris Paul. I wouldn't count him out yet.

DesignatedT
05-12-2012, 06:12 AM
Not expecting it to be fun but the Spurs will retaliate and will get revenge. You can take that shit to the bank.

Legacy
05-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Nah...Clips got this:toast

:lol

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens--yet AGAIN. This is their last chance. If not... well... gosh... we're all just completely and totally fucked. :spless:

InK
05-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Yeh, id much rather play the Clipps. Gonna be a grueling series, with ppl likely getting injured and even if Spurs win they are gonna be banged up pretty bad for the OKC/ Lakers series. Conley, Zbo, Marc, Gay, all great players, while on the Clippers we d really only have to worry about Paul and the flob/lob.

InK
05-12-2012, 06:55 AM

Ye it sure looked that the last year. Hopefully they learned from that ass raping that was administered by Zbo and his buddies, right?

Marco
05-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Just what we need for warming up. Good.

bulakenyo
05-12-2012, 07:14 AM
I want the Spurs to hammer the Grizzlies to the ground, even as they lie half conscious, Henderson vs Bisping style.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy271/clinchgear/l_c9ec1603fe094360b76a3eb1274726c0.gif

Brutal and almost evil, but that's the way I feel about the other team.

(I actually like Randolph and Gasol's game, personally, but I hate them as a group)

DBMethos
05-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Grizz will not be fun for the Spurs? More like the Spurs will not be fun for the Grizz. Battier, Arthur, Vasquez and Young are not walking through that door. And most importantly, neither is Richard fucking Jefferson.

KenziE
05-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Grizz will not be fun for the Spurs? More like the Spurs will not be fun for the Grizz. Battier, Arthur, Vasquez and Young are not walking through that door. And most importantly, neither is Richard fucking Jefferson.

haha thats all that matters MEM is gonna get whipped big time !

DMX7
05-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Bitch, we stacked!

pjjrfan
05-12-2012, 09:28 AM
If we're going to get a title, this is as a good a test as any.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
You know, I've been hoping for the Clips to win the series so SA would be matched up with yet another inferior opponent, but fuck it, bring on the Grizz so we can shut the media up about last year's exit. The Grizz have taken a step backwards since 2011, while the Spurs have jumped forward and will fuck the Grizz up this time around. And that's not even accounting for the revenge factor that will be at play.

urunobili
05-12-2012, 09:47 AM
The motivation factor of the Grizz will be huge since we swept the regular season series.

Jimcs50
05-12-2012, 09:52 AM

That's because he predicts the Spurs will lose every year, and since they have won only 4 times in last 13 years, he is correct a majority of the time.:lol

Horse
05-12-2012, 11:18 AM
The grizz will scramble and run our guys off the 3-point line but our ball movement is just too could and we will continue to get open shots. They won't be able to keep up. I also expect TD to rape gaysol and randolph.

SnakeBoy
05-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Ye it sure looked that the last year. Hopefully they learned from that ass raping that was administered by Zbo and his buddies, right?

It's pretty clear they learned some things last year like Jefferson sucks, Blair is too small, and Manu needs two arms to play basketball.

Legacy
05-12-2012, 11:34 AM
The motivation factor of the Grizz will be huge since we swept the regular season series.

They would also be out to prove that last year's "tanking tactic" to be matched up against the old and wounded 1st seeded Spurs was indeed not a fluke. Patheticness. Such tackiness and desperation. Oh well... can't wait to see what happens on Sunday.

Calispursfan11
05-12-2012, 11:44 AM
That's because he predicts the Spurs will lose every year, and since they have won only 4 times in last 13 years, he is correct a majority of the time.:lol

Finally some logic. It's refreshing to see someone thinking about the actual numbers for once.

Calispursfan11
05-12-2012, 11:47 AM
They would also be out to prove that last year's "tanking tactic" to be matched up against the old and wounded 1st seeded Spurs was indeed not a fluke. Patheticness. Such tackiness and desperation. Oh well... can't wait to see what happens on Sunday.

Splitter, a healthy Timmy D and BD's oversized BVDs should be enough to counteract their frontline. Then our guards run Conley and Whopper with no Mayo to smithereens.

InK
05-12-2012, 11:57 AM
It's pretty clear they learned some things last year like Jefferson sucks, Blair is too small, and Manu needs two arms to play basketball.

Surprisingly one armed Manu is about on equal level of play as this years injury ridden Manu. And its a shame that Tony and Tim havent learned a thing, it would be kinda useful that they did, since they got arguably abused the most outta the lot last year.

We do have a better team then last year without a doubt, but Grizz team is scary scary. They are build for PO and play the right way. Id like the Spurs chances a lot more if they were going against the Clipps, or even OKC and Lakers.

Ishta
05-12-2012, 12:59 PM
:lmao

SnakeBoy
05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
We do have a better team then last year without a doubt, but Grizz team is scary scary. They are build for PO and play the right way. Id like the Spurs chances a lot more if they were going against the Clipps, or even OKC and Lakers.

We must be watching a different grizz/clippers series. This isn't last years Spurs and it isn't last years Grizzlies. Rudy Gay alone pretty much guarantees a Spurs win. I don't think this series will much more interesting than the Jazz series whether it's the Grizzlies or Clippers but we'll find out soon enough.

Spurs da champs
05-12-2012, 01:53 PM
You guys are really underestimating Rudy Gay and the Grizzlies, especially considering that Randolph appears to be himself

rayray2k8
05-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I honestly don't think TLong was being disrepectful and I love how easily some of you guys get defensive when he's just pointing out that the spurs struggled against bigger teams.

However, last years team and this years are 2 very different squads.
The Spurs wont be as easily intimidated as they were last year. There is a some toughness on this squad..

Ask any real spurs fan and they'll tell you that the Grizzlies were the team preferred...
Even the Spurs players themselves.

Memphis is who we really want....

Obstructed_View
05-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Watching my team in the playoffs is fun for me.

Watching my team play when they're all healthy is fun for me.

Not having any of my high draft picks going through rehab is fun for me.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I honestly don't think TLong was being disrepectful

Um, welcome to Spurstalk, GNSF. I hope rayray changes his password soon.

rayray2k8
05-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Um, welcome to Spurstalk, GNSF. I hope rayray changes his password soon.

lol I've been gone for awhile, so I have no idea what you're talking about. :lol

Manu-20
05-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I honestly don't think TLong was being disrepectful and I love how easily some of you guys get defensive when he's just pointing out that the spurs struggled against bigger teams.

However, last years team and this years are 2 very different squads.
The Spurs wont be as easily intimidated as they were last year. There is a some toughness on this squad..

Ask any real spurs fan and they'll tell you that the Grizzlies were the team preferred...
Even the Spurs players themselves.

Memphis is who we really want....
The spurs do want another shot at the grizzs even Diaw said in an interview they have somewhat of a gruge against them which suprised me as they rarley bring up things like that, so im thinking it's going to be redemption this year.

slick'81
05-12-2012, 07:26 PM
yeah the grizzlies would b a bitch.Clippers r basically just paul/griffin and a gimpy paul at that.The grizz would be on a roll with gay/randolph/gasol/conley ready to go

Mikesatx
05-12-2012, 10:00 PM
1) Surprise factor 1 vs. 8 gone.

2) It was mentioned in one of the games Pop sat Tony down after Euro basketball and showed him the difference between his agression in that tournament and last years series. He hasn't been the same since. He also enjoys the MVP chants.

3) RJ is a gone and we have Leonard and Jack in place.

4) Manu doesn't have a broken elbow.

5) Tim is playing out of his mind and Tiago is a difference maker.

6) As athletic and talented as Rudy Gay is, his touches mean less of Gasol and Z bo.

I'll still call sweep, at most 5.

InK
05-12-2012, 11:07 PM
1) Surprise factor 1 vs. 8 gone.

They tanked to play the Spurs in first round, and everyone on the team knew that. There was no surprise factor, we got shitted on bad last year in a legit manner.

Mikesatx
05-12-2012, 11:28 PM
They tanked to play the Spurs in first round, and everyone on the team knew that. There was no surprise factor, we got shitted on bad last year in a legit manner.

No surprise factor from the Griz perspective maybe a little surprise factor from the Spur viewpoint.

unforeseen
05-13-2012, 12:35 AM

If he predicted a Clipper lost, he would be right 100% of the time. :king

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2012, 12:46 AM
They looked sloppy as fuck, both teams (Grizz and Clips) look weak. Spurs are gonna wax that ass nice n good.

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Surprisingly one armed Manu is about on equal level of play as this years injury ridden Manu. And its a shame that Tony and Tim havent learned a thing, it would be kinda useful that they did, since they got arguably abused the most outta the lot last year.

Are you out of your mind? You'd rather play the Thunder, or the Lakers, which have 2 superior big men down low and Kobe Bryant?

OK.

TampaDude
05-13-2012, 12:17 PM
It doesn't matter if it's the Clips or the Grizz. Spurs in 5, max.

smaka
05-13-2012, 12:33 PM
they played some ugly ball in this series, I don't think Spurs will have problems with either of them. I'd take Grizzlies in the name of revenge, but I'd take Clips because the only real threat is CP3.

spursfan09
05-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Well if the spurs win this series. At least it would have been hard fought and we might see some emotion after a series win. Unlike last series where I think the spurs just felt sorry for the jazz

lefty
05-13-2012, 02:38 PM
This is the matchup Hollins wanted

NASpurs
05-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Next tlong thread:

"The Clippers will not be fun for you."

WeNeedLength
This is the matchup Hollins wanted

Solid bump. :lmao

lefty

Good history of what ?

BackHome
05-13-2012, 02:40 PM
they looked sloppy as fuck, both teams (grizz and clips) look weak. Spurs are gonna wax that ass nice n good.

+1

Reck
05-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Pre-ejac baby.

http://i2.lulzimg.com/54252bf335.gif

ShoogarBear
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM
The Griz are just tanking to face the Jazz.

Jimcs50
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Moot!!!

tenbeersbold
05-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Told ya!

Budkin
05-13-2012, 03:52 PM
They really won't be any fun for us. :lol

DMC
05-13-2012, 04:27 PM
If anyone can fuck the Grizz out of 2nd round, it's Tlong starting a thread about them winning.

Legacy
05-13-2012, 10:55 PM
AAAaaaawwwww... We're not going to have any "fun" with The Grizz at all, folks. Like... at all. Shucks. *sigh* :depressed