C: Andrew Bynum

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Dirk Nowitzki
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Blake Griffin

flipspursfan
05-12-2012, 09:38 AM
I'd switch Melo and Dirk. Otherwise I think that's good.

VBM
05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Pretty solid list, although I think Bynum and Dwight (dwight missed too many games) switch places, as do Blake and LaMarcus (dunno if Blake would even qualify at C).

Galileo
05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Where's Duncan? He is the best player on the best team.

resistanze
05-12-2012, 09:57 AM
I'd switch Melo and Dirk. Otherwise I think that's good.

I went back and forth with that one, could go either way IMO.

scanry
05-12-2012, 10:22 AM
1st Team:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Lebron James
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Kevin Love
C: Dwight Howard

2nd Team:

PG: Tony Parker
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Carmelo Antony
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Mark Gasol

3rd Team:

SG: James Harden
SF: Danny Granger
PF: Dirk Nowitzki

Kobe can be switched with Paul, but Kevin Love, Kevin Durant and Lebron deserve to be on the 1st team.

JamStone
05-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I probably leave Dirk off the all NBA teams this season and slide LMA and Blake and give Tyson Chandler the center spot on the 3rd team.

Dirk still puts up numbers and still has the ability to take over a game. But this season, his overall numbers are probably the worst they've been in about a decade. His FG and 3PT shooting down from his standards. His rebounding has leveled off the last couple years but still down to his career norms. And with Chandler gone this season and Dirk playing some small ball center, you'd expect him to pick up his rebounding this season. Chandler isn't a better player than Dirk, but he's a center so you don't force Blake or Dirk or LMA into that 3rd team center position.

resistanze
05-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I probably leave Dirk off the all NBA teams this season and slide LMA and Blake and give Tyson Chandler the center spot on the 3rd team.

Dirk still puts up numbers and still has the ability to take over a game. But this season, his overall numbers are probably the worst they've been in about a decade. His FG and 3PT shooting down from his standards. His rebounding has leveled off the last couple years but still down to his career norms. And with Chandler gone this season and Dirk playing some small ball center, you'd expect him to pick up his rebounding this season. Chandler isn't a better player than Dirk, but he's a center so you don't force Blake or Dirk or LMA into that 3rd team center position.

Good post. This was one of the reasons I chose Melo over Dirk for the 2nd Team. Especially Dirk's start to this season - he was horrendous. I still think however 'bad for Dirk's standards' is good enough to be on a Third Team, tbh.

JamStone
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Kevin Love doesn't deserve to be on 1st team. He had a great season. But put it in context. He's a big man who shoots 45% from the field, 47% on two pointers. He averaged over 5 3-point attempts per game. And his team finished 14 games below .500. Great statistical year and he had several unbelievable performances. He's arguably the best rebounder in the game. But his game has definite and huge holes that you can't simply ignore because he puts up 20-20 games from time to time.

resistanze
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Kobe can be switched with Paul, but Kevin Love, Kevin Durant and Lebron deserve to be on the 1st team.

Personally, I'll never be comfortable putting a guy who missed the playoffs on an All-NBA First Team. And Paul is probably the MVP runner-up, so it's hard to take him off.

scanry
05-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Personally, I'll never be comfortable putting a guy who missed the playoffs on an All-NBA First Team. And Paul is probably the MVP runner-up, so it's hard to take him off.

I'll be very suprised if Kevin Durant doesn't finish 2nd in the MVP ballot. Paul and Kobe will be 3rd and 4th.

MavDynasty
05-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Dirk played like dog shit this season. Doesn't deserve it but he will prob make it based on rep

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm not going to predict the outcome, I'll just post mine..

G Chris Paul
G Tony Parker
F Lebron James
F Kevin Durant
C Dwight Howard

G Russell Westbrook
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Love
F Blake Griffin
C Andrew Bynum

G Rajon Rondo
G Dwyane Wade
F Carmelo Anthony
F Dirk Nowitzki
C Kevin Garnett

Goran Dragic
05-12-2012, 11:12 AM
:lol Tony Parker 1st team

pass1st
05-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Outcome for 1st

PG CP3
SG Kobe
SF LBJ
PF Blake
C D12

What it probably should be

PG CP3
SG Wade
SF LBJ
PF Aldridge/Dirk
C D12

mercos
05-12-2012, 11:19 AM
1st Team

PG Chris Paul
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Lebron James
PF Kevin Love
C Dwight Howard

Durant had a great year, but he is a small forward, and that spot is probably locked up for the next decade. I'm not a fan of how the league disregards position to give certain players spots on All Star teams and All NBA teams.

2nd Team

PG Tony Parker
SG Dwayne Wade
SF Kevin Durant
PF Blake Griffin
C Andrew Bynum

tesseractive
05-12-2012, 11:28 AM

G Chris Paul
G Tony Parker
F Lebron James
F Kevin Durant
C Dwight Howard

G Russell Westbrook
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Love
F Blake Griffin
C Andrew Bynum

G Rajon Rondo
G Dwyane Wade
F Carmelo Anthony
F Dirk Nowitzki
C Kevin Garnett
I've got Chandler instead of Garnett, but otherwise, yeah.

You could argue that Parker first team is a bit of a homer pick, but he and Kobe are both Top 5 MVP picks, and Parker totally carried this team to the best record, so I give him a slight edge. Of course, if Rose is healthy all year, both Parker and Kobe are second team.

Killakobe81
05-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Should be:

1st
G Paul
G Bryant
F Durant
F Lebron
C Howard

2nd
G Parker
G Wade
F Love
F Dirk
C MGasol or Bynum

3rd
G Westbrook
G Rondo
F Melo
F Pierce
C Bynum or M.Gasol

Killakobe81
05-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Im also ok with Tyson bumping M.Gasol or Bynum ...

DPG21920
05-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Please explain Bryant over Paker?

Killakobe81
05-12-2012, 10:16 PM

Lol I would if was worth debating ... You can argue Paul and Parker if you wish but those are my 5. I almost took Parker.

Killakobe81
05-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Outcome for 1st

PG CP3
SG Kobe
SF LBJ
PF Blake
C D12

What it probably should be

PG CP3
SG Wade
SF LBJ
PF Aldridge/Dirk
C D12

Wade would have stronger case if he didn't miss so many games

HarlemHeat37
05-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Another dominant game for KG..

He's really having an underrated year..he's easily been better than Chandler or Marc Gasol, he should have won DPOY, too..

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 06:13 AM

G Chris Paul
G Tony Parker
F Lebron James
F Kevin Durant
C Dwight Howard

G Russell Westbrook
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Love
F Blake Griffin
C Andrew Bynum

G Rajon Rondo
G Dwyane Wade
F Carmelo Anthony
F Dirk Nowitzki
C Kevin Garnett

Tony Parker over Kobe? GTFO.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 06:14 AM

What's your argument of Parker over Bryant?

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 06:14 AM
1st Team:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Lebron James
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Kevin Love
C: Dwight Howard

2nd Team:

PG: Tony Parker
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Carmelo Antony
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Mark Gasol

3rd Team:

SG: James Harden
SF: Danny Granger
PF: Dirk Nowitzki

LeHype at SG? Wow.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 06:16 AM
:lol Tony Parker 1st team

I know, huh? :lolI'd take CP3, Rondo, and Rose (pre-injury) over him straight up.

...and they call me a homer. :lol

Venti Quattro
05-13-2012, 06:29 AM
In all-teams tbh there's no differentiation between a PG, SG, SF, and PF. It's 2 Gs and 2 Fs.

Kamnik
05-13-2012, 06:40 AM
TBH I dont think Melo should be mentioned in this conversation.

Shitty defender and an offensive player who doesn't make teamamtes better.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 06:42 AM
In all-teams tbh there's no differentiation between a PG, SG, SF, and PF. It's 2 Gs and 2 Fs.

OK. Well, LeHype is not a guard and Tony Parker hasn't had a better year than Kobe. More than one poster mistakenly put these two players in front of Kobe.

...and before anyone goes there, LeHype legitamitely won the MVP. As long as he doesn't win Finals MVP, I'm good. :toast

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 06:43 AM
G Paul
G Bryant
F Durant
F Lebron
C Howard

Venti Quattro
05-13-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm trying to find a reason to put Dwight or Bynum in the first team.

DMC
05-13-2012, 10:20 AM
No Blake Griffin. Dude needs to stop getting awards for this perceived potential. Tim Duncan was much more effective than Blake this year.

I would argue Tony over Kobe just on MVP votes alone. If I was building a team though, I wouldn't want 2 PG style players over a dominant PG and a dominant player like Kobe.

DMC
05-13-2012, 10:21 AM
G Paul
G Bryant
F Durant
F Lebron
C Howard

Pretty much a canned answer you could have given before the season started.

Kobe does not belong in there. Lost on you though I'm sure. Might as well have Kevin Love.

Goran Dragic
05-13-2012, 10:30 AM
:lol if the Spurs had Kobe instead of Parker NBA = f:lolcked

Not even close between the two

JamStone
05-13-2012, 10:31 AM
No Blake Griffin. Dude needs to stop getting awards for this perceived potential. Tim Duncan was much more effective than Blake this year.

That's a debatable point. Whatever flaws Blake has in his game, he still puts up elite production. And I think awards like all-NBA honors puts a significant emphasis on statistical production. Duncan was still productive and if you translate his numbers per minute, there's definitely an argument that Duncan was at least as good as Blake. But again, it's merely arguable.

And while Blake isn't nearly as good as some try to make him and a lot of it has to do with "perceived potential," it's not like he doesn't produce at all. 20/10 on 55% shooting from the field is still elite production. We're not talking about Anthony Randolph stats here. Griffin deserves a lot of criticism on many fronts, but based on production alone, I think he deserves all NBA honors. Not first team, but he should be on one of the other teams.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-13-2012, 11:09 AM
I know, huh? :lolI'd take CP3, Rondo, and Rose (pre-injury) over him straight up.

Parker played 32 minutes per game. Paul played 39, and his numbers were barely better. No homer. Parker had NO help and carried his team and kept them in it for probably the first 7 weeks while Duncan struggled and Manu recovered. People rave about the Spurs depth, but they didn't have that until late March when Manu came back, Diaw was signed and they traded for Jack. Before that, it was Tony, an improving Tim, and a bunch of dudes in black and silver.

DMC
05-13-2012, 11:17 AM
That's a debatable point. Whatever flaws Blake has in his game, he still puts up elite production. And I think awards like all-NBA honors puts a significant emphasis on statistical production. Duncan was still productive and if you translate his numbers per minute, there's definitely an argument that Duncan was at least as good as Blake. But again, it's merely arguable.

And while Blake isn't nearly as good as some try to make him and a lot of it has to do with "perceived potential," it's not like he doesn't produce at all. 20/10 on 55% shooting from the field is still elite production. We're not talking about Anthony Randolph stats here. Griffin deserves a lot of criticism on many fronts, but based on production alone, I think he deserves all NBA honors. Not first team, but he should be on one of the other teams.

17/6 is hardly elite production, and his game before that he had what, 15 and 11? KG is destroying that, demolishing it, and KG is damn near petrified he's so old.

These are the playoffs. No way Chris Paul should be the leading scorer if Blake is an elite PF. Dude has hops, not much else.

DMC
05-13-2012, 11:19 AM

I guess you've forgotten Parker tearing your team a new asshole in LA.

JamStone
05-13-2012, 11:24 AM
17/6 is hardly elite production, and his game before that he had what, 15 and 11? KG is destroying that, demolishing it, and KG is damn near petrified he's so old.

These are the playoffs. No way Chris Paul should be the leading scorer if Blake is an elite PF. Dude has hops, not much else.

He's averaging 20 and 7 for the series and shooting 56% from the field. KG averaged 19 and 11 on 51% shooting. Blake hasn't rebounded the ball well. But his production isn't horrible.

And again, we're talking about the all NBA honors. Are you aware that all NBA honors are regular season awards?

DMC
05-13-2012, 11:27 AM
He's averaging 20 and 7 for the series and shooting 56% from the field. KG averaged 19 and 11 on 51% shooting. Blake hasn't rebounded the ball well. But his production isn't horrible.

And again, we're talking about the all NBA honors. Are you aware that all NBA honors are regular season awards?

"isn't horrible" vs "elite level"

See the conflict?

I am aware they are regular season awards. My point was that Blake is given credit he doesn't deserve. Kevin Love has sick regular season numbers, where's he at on the list?

DPG21920
05-13-2012, 11:27 AM
What's your argument of Parker over Bryant?

I asked the question first. :lol asking the reverse of my question when you can't answer

LeHype at SG? Wow.

OK. Well, LeHype is not a guard and Tony Parker hasn't had a better year than Kobe. More than one poster mistakenly put these two players in front of Kobe.

...and before anyone goes there, LeHype legitamitely won the MVP. As long as he doesn't win Finals MVP, I'm good. :toast

:lol trying to enter an argument when you don't even know how all NBA teams work.

DPG21920
05-13-2012, 11:29 AM
:lol if the Spurs had Kobe instead of Parker NBA = f:lolcked

Not even close between the two

That is not the point of the debate. Kobe did not have a better year than Parker; not head-to-head or team success.

DMC
05-13-2012, 11:31 AM
If Blake didn't have monster dunks, he would be just another decent player with limited potential. He cannot shoot FTs worth a damn, has no legit outside shot and his post game is weak other than dunking the ball.

JamStone
05-13-2012, 11:35 AM
"isn't horrible" vs "elite level"

See the conflict?

I am aware they are regular season awards. My point was that Blake is given credit he doesn't deserve. Kevin Love has sick regular season numbers, where's he at on the list?

"Isn't horrible" in the playoffs.

"Elite production" in the regular season.

Seeing that you understand they are regular season honors, you should get the basis of him earning the award.

DPG21920
05-13-2012, 11:40 AM
I have to agree with Jamstone. Firstly, it's regular season, so the playoffs have no bearing. The playoffs validate what many of us talk about though and that is "impact" vs "production".

It's a weird thing to look at 20/11 on 55% FG and nitpick every little flaw that a person has. It's elite production for the regular season and he's obviously talented (especially if everyone says he isn't very good and he still puts up those numbers). Blake isn't as impactful of a "star" as many make him out to be, but he's no where near as bad as many on here portay him to be either. He needs work if he is to be great, but he is still really damn good.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-13-2012, 11:41 AM
If Blake didn't have monster dunks, he would be just another decent player with limited potential. He cannot shoot FTs worth a damn, has no legit outside shot and his post game is weak other than dunking the ball.
He put up 20 10 on 55% shooting.

As Jamstone said, he isn't some Anthony Randolph-like chimp who has potential but puts up below average numbers.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Parker played 32 minutes per game. Paul played 39, and his numbers were barely better. No homer. Parker had NO help and carried his team and kept them in it for probably the first 7 weeks while Duncan struggled and Manu recovered. People rave about the Spurs depth, but they didn't have that until late March when Manu came back, Diaw was signed and they traded for Jack. Before that, it was Tony, an improving Tim, and a bunch of dudes in black and silver.
rofl classic Spurfan "chose the opinion that best suites my argument at the time"

In a Tony Parker conversation:
:crySpurs suck, Tony carried everyone! It was a one man show!:cry

In a Spurs vs. Lakers prediction thread:
:crySo much depth, not too dependent on one player, great fuckin teamwork:cry

DPG21920
05-13-2012, 11:55 AM
It's simple - No ONE, not even the biggest Spurs homer could have predicted the Spurs would have the best record in the league this year - especially with Manu missing like 40%of the season.

I get what you are saying DoK, but on that same token, yall can't have it both ways either. You can't preseason say ":lmao Spurs are done, lol relying on Gary Neal, Danny Green, a rookie and M:loltt Bonner to say you have depth :rollin", then say "OMG the Spurs are so deep, TP gets no credit"

Goran Dragic
05-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Parker gets credit, it ain't like I'm saying he shouldn't make any all NBA team. I think Kobe deserves 1st team before him doe.

Proxy
05-13-2012, 11:58 AM
:lolParker had no help
:lolParker over Kobe

Yes Parker had help.... you know, with this being the deepest team in the league by far... and in this case, TP being on a stacked team that was able to keep pace for the best overall record without Manu probably hurts his chances of being 1st team. Paul is the better PG, and I hope people are fucking joking about Kobe/TP comparisons.

DPG21920
05-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Parker gets credit, it ain't like I'm saying he shouldn't make any all NBA team. I think Kobe deserves 1st team before him doe.

I just disagree. When looking at awards I look at expectations, stats & team success the most then factor in injuries and talent around the player. I'm not saying Parker is a better player than Kobe. I'm not even saying Kobe isn't an all-nba player. I'm saying that based on the critera above, I have TP over Kobe this year no matter where that is (meaning TP first team, or second team). I can see an argument to have them both 2nd team, but not Kobe over TP.

Goran Dragic
05-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't look at expectations at all, that's the difference. People over-analyzing expectations are how Steve N:lolsh wins two MVPs.

DPG21920
05-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Agree to a certain extent, but for the Spurs to have the best record in the league?

resistanze
05-13-2012, 12:14 PM
People over-analyzing expectations are how Steve N:lolsh wins two MVPs.

They only lost 10 more games without Amare! Give Nash another MVP!

Still boggles my mind.

FkLA
05-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Kobe on the first team would be an absolute travesty. I cant think of any player who is up for consideration for All-NBA selection, that cost his team as many games as Kobe did with his 30% shooting night every 5 games or so. Dirk and his 6 rpg on any NBA team would be just as bad.

DMC
05-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Hopefully this last game proves my point about Griffin. Bitch was on the bench, where he needed to be. Tim would never have been on the bench in a close out game like that.

resistanze
05-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Hopefully this last game proves my point about Griffin. Bitch was on the bench, where he needed to be. Tim would never have been on the bench in a close out game like that.

I heard he injured his knee, tbh.

But I'm not sure anyone on the right mind would around Timmy over Griffin. Doesn't change the fact that he was a 20-10 55% FG guy in the regular season and deserves an All-NBA spot.

DMC
05-13-2012, 03:49 PM
I heard he injured his knee, tbh.

But I'm not sure anyone on the right mind would around Timmy over Griffin. Doesn't change the fact that he was a 20-10 55% FG guy in the regular season and deserves an All-NBA spot.
Not sure what you are attempting to say here.

Here's DA's take:

ALL NBA TEAMS
ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
Guards: Kobe Bryant, Lakers; Tony Parker, Spurs
Forwards: LeBron James, Heat; Kevin Durant, Thunder
Center: Dwight Howard, Magic
ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM
Guards: Chris Paul, Clippers; Dwyane Wade, Heat
Forwards: Kevin Love, Timberwolves; Carmelo Anthony, Knicks
Center: Andrew Bynum, Lakers
ALL NBA THIRD TEAM
Guards: Russell Westbrook, Thunder; Rajon Rondo, Celtics
Forwards: LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland; Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks
Center: Marc Gasol, Memphis

No mention of Blake Griffin. I don't disagree with that. Which forward would you remove to add Blake?

Yes I realize the nepotism.

Killakobe81
05-13-2012, 03:52 PM
I just disagree. When looking at awards I look at expectations, stats & team success the most then factor in injuries and talent around the player. I'm not saying Parker is a better player than Kobe. I'm not even saying Kobe isn't an all-nba player. I'm saying that based on the critera above, I have TP over Kobe this year no matter where that is (meaning TP first team, or second team). I can see an argument to have them both 2nd team, but not Kobe over TP.

Because on this you have no clue ... Paul has been amazing. Parker too its close and I can see a case for all 3. But if anyone is getting bumped its Parker or Paul.

Amaso
05-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Parker may have had a great year but lettuce be real tea... there's really no argument for putting him over Kobe, who even in the worst of imaginable of seasons, is far superior to Parker. I don't think you factor in mvp considerations when it comes to picking All-NBA teams. Just who the best players are in that given year.

My selections:

Guards: Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul
Forwards: Lebron James, Kevin Durant
Center: Dwight Howard

Guards: Rose, Wade
Forwards: Melo, Dirk
Center: Bynum

Guards: Westbrook, Parker
Forwards: Kevin Love, Tim Duncan
Center: Marc Gasol

I could see them leaving Rose off entirely since he missed a good chunk of the season, and there's a small chance they move Bynum up to 1st team since Dwight missed a good chunk also. I'm gonna guess Parker will make the 2nd team, and Tim Duncan might not make any of the teams. Garnett also had a pretty good season so he has a shot as well if some don't think Dirk or Melo deserves their spot.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Pretty much a canned answer you could have given before the season started.

Kobe does not belong in there. Lost on you though I'm sure. Might as well have Kevin Love.

Lemme guess. Wade > Kobe, right? Only in FTAs. :nope

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 04:07 PM

So lemme get this straight.... TP > CP3? Does that about sum it up? :wakeup

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 04:09 PM
I guess you've forgotten Parker tearing your team a new asshole in LA.

Remember, the Sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while. :nope

FkLA
05-13-2012, 04:35 PM
How is Kobe 1st team, seriously? Dude cost the Lakers 5-10 games with his 30% shooting nights. Hes the most protected superstar by the media ever tbh.

DMC
05-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Remember, the Sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while. :nope

Parker sunburned Lakers ass.

resistanze
05-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Not sure what you are attempting to say here.

Here's DA's take:

ALL NBA TEAMS
ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
Guards: Kobe Bryant, Lakers; Tony Parker, Spurs
Forwards: LeBron James, Heat; Kevin Durant, Thunder
Center: Dwight Howard, Magic
ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM
Guards: Chris Paul, Clippers; Dwyane Wade, Heat
Forwards: Kevin Love, Timberwolves; Carmelo Anthony, Knicks
Center: Andrew Bynum, Lakers
ALL NBA THIRD TEAM
Guards: Russell Westbrook, Thunder; Rajon Rondo, Celtics
Forwards: LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland; Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks
Center: Marc Gasol, Memphis

No mention of Blake Griffin. I don't disagree with that. Which forward would you remove to add Blake?

Yes I realize the nepotism.

I could take off LA in this scenario and not feel like a travesty was committed. A lot of players that could make the team.

DMC
05-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Because on this you have no clue ... Paul has been amazing. Parker too its close and I can see a case for all 3. But if anyone is getting bumped its Parker or Paul.
Kobe has two of the best big men in the game on his team, both could be on the All NBA teams, so how you give so much credit to Kobe is beyond comprehension for anyone other than a Lakers homer. No other Spur makes either All NBA team, and Parker finished 5th in MVP voting as a PG and SA had the best record in the West.

Kobe lost the scoring title race, lost the MVP race, lost his wife, his houses, his hairline is receding, he's getting fat, he throws his teammates under the bus, shits on his coach ad nauseum. He has no place on any All NBA team.

resistanze
05-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Kobe lost the scoring title race, lost the MVP race, lost his wife, his houses, his hairline is receding, he's getting fat, he throws his teammates under the bus, shits on his coach ad nauseum. He has no place on any All NBA team.

:lol OK I laughed.

Arcadian
05-13-2012, 04:52 PM
1st Team All-NBA:

Tony Parker
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Andrew Bynum

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 05:39 PM
How is Kobe 1st team, seriously? Dude cost the Lakers 5-10 games with his 30% shooting nights. Hes the most protected superstar by the media ever tbh.

The vast majority of the media hates him due to Kate Faber's lying ass. I'd agree with you before that incident but afterwards? Hell no. If they loved him as much as you say, Nash gets one MVP instead of the year Kobe's 35.4ppg dragged the likes of Mihm, Kwame, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton to the playoffs. :rolleyes

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Parker sunburned Lakers ass.

I GUARANTEE you that won't happen in the playoffs (if we meet). That one game he had was insane. Won't be repeated though.

midnightpulp
05-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I GUARANTEE you that won't happen in the playoffs (if we meet). That one game he had was insane. Won't be repeated though.

Of course you do. You're a dipshit homer who always expects the other team to underperform and your own team to overperform.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Of course you do. You're a dipshit homer who always expects the other team to underperform and your own team to overperform.

You're funny. Do you honestly think TP will have at least 4 games like that against the Lakers in the playoffs? If so, you are insane. It will take at least 4 performances like that for you guys to get past LA.

Do I expect TP to have a game or two whereas he gets loose? Sure. The Lakers never had a PG stopper (even back to the Showtime days). However, we are more than equipped to slow him down and keep him out of the lane by throwing either of Kobe or MWP at him - while having Bynum waiting for him at the rim should he get by them. If he gets points, the vast majority will be from the perimeter shooting 18 footers. That fastbreak layup shit he got a few weeks ago will be controlled.

And I don't expect our team to overperform. I do expect them to play to their potential which will be good enough to get to the Finals and win the damn thing. If we win games ugly (i.e. 89-83 or some shit like that) I'm good.

midnightpulp
05-13-2012, 06:11 PM
You're funny. Do you honestly think TP will have at least 4 games like that against the Lakers in the playoffs? If so, you are insane. It will take at least 4 performances like that for you guys to get past LA.

Do I expect TP to have a game or two whereas he gets loose? Sure. The Lakers never had a PG stopper (even back to the Showtime days). However, we are more than equipped to slow him down and keep him out of the lane by throwing either of Kobe or MWP at him - while having Bynum waiting for him at the rim should he get by them. If he gets points, the vast majority will be from the perimeter shooting 18 footers. That fastbreak layup shit he got a few weeks ago will be controlled.

And I don't expect our team to overperform. I do expect them to play to their potential which will be good enough to get to the Finals and win the damn thing. If we win games ugly (i.e. 89-83 or some shit like that) I'm good.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kobe has never been able to guard Parker, going all the way back to '03. And I don't expect Parker to drop 30 every game against the Lakers, but you soon forget that Parker has evolved his game to become a pretty damn good facilitator now, so all the Spurs need from him is a solid 18-22 points a game while keeping everyone else involved. I'm not worried about him getting his. My main concern in a matchup with the Lakers is getting killed on the offensive glass and giving the Lakers a dozen or more second chance shots.

Your team is absolute shit at stopping the pick 'n roll and keeping fast guards out of the lane. And that won't change just because you say it will. The Lakers are fundamentally deficient in that area.

If the series does happen, the Lakers will win it if they shut down Duncan, control the boards, and keep the Spurs from lighting it up from downtown, which they are much better equipped to do than stopping Parker. In fact, if Parker goes off and averages big numbers, that's actually worse for the Spurs because it means the Lakers will have forced him into being primarily a scorer, neutralizing his playmaking.

And hate to break it to you, but the Lakers at their full potential doesn't make them a superior team to OKC. OKC's A game is better than the Lakers' A game. You guys will have to overachieve something fierce to win that series.

HarlemHeat37
05-13-2012, 06:49 PM
- Parker was easily the best and most valuable player on the best team in the NBA..he led a team with similar talent to the Lakers, without Ginobili for a large chunk of the season, to the best record in the West..he was also more durable than Kobe..

I can see the argument against him, but I don't see the problem with having him on the first team..

- Blake Griffin absolutely deserves All-NBA..his team was significantly better with him on the floor, and he put up great and efficient numbers on a top 5 team..

- Aldridge has no business being on an All-NBA team..players that play for a non-playoff team only make it if they had a standout season, which he did not..

- Again, Kevin Garnett should be on every team, he was easily better than Chandler, Gasol or any of the other bigs that were mentioned..

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 06:54 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kobe has never been able to guard Parker, going all the way back to '03. And I don't expect Parker to drop 30 every game against the Lakers, but you soon forget that Parker has evolved his game to become a pretty damn good facilitator now, so all the Spurs need from him is a solid 18-22 points a game while keeping everyone else involved. I'm not worried about him getting his. My main concern in a matchup with the Lakers is getting killed on the offensive glass and giving the Lakers a dozen or more second chance shots.

The above is true. So is the fact that the Spurs haven't had anyone to guard Kobe - even when y'all had Bruce Lee. Parker going off on the Lakers won't be the reason why y'all win - unless he averages 30/10 which won't happen.

I fully expect the Lakers to win the battle of the boards. This negates any 3/14 MWP shooting nights by making you guys play more extended defense and gives us a ton of extra possessions. That's how we survived Kobe's 6-24 night against Boston in 2010 Finals.

Your team is absolute shit at stopping the pick 'n roll and keeping fast guards out of the lane. And that won't change just because you say it will. The Lakers are fundamentally deficient in that area. Maybe, maybe not. I'm just saying that the days of getting absolutely torched won't happen all the time. Westbrick is an example. In the previous game he had 36. The next game he shot 3/22. Look at Lawson. Killed us in a few games and was giving us the business in game 7. 13 points in the 3rd quarter. He was rolling. Then Kobe shut his ass down in the 4th quarter. Lawson is probably faster than TP - so it gives me reason to believe that we can shut TP down if we need to.

If the series does happen, the Lakers will win it if they shut down Duncan, control the boards, and keep the Spurs from lighting it up from downtown, which they are much better equipped to do than stopping Parker. In fact, if Parker goes off and averages big numbers, that's actually worse for the Spurs because it means the Lakers will have forced him into being primarily a scorer, neutralizing his playmaking. That last game Duncan had was a MF'n fluke. We saw what happened last year. He shot like shit. After getting embarassed 30 to 2, to his credit, he came out shooting his ass off in the next two games. Do you really think he can sustain that type of effort? Maybe, but the likelihood is low - especially since we can throw Hill at him when Bynum or Gasol aren't on him. Duncan at this stage can't dial in like that too much.

And hate to break it to you, but the Lakers at their full potential doesn't make them a superior team to OKC. OKC's A game is better than the Lakers' A game. You guys will have to overachieve something fierce to win that series.

I believe the Denver series was a good tuneup for the Thunder. Their top 3 players are perimeter oriented. Our top 3 players can go on the perimeter, but also can post up. I expect us to make their big 3 defend us down low which will take from their offensive games over the course of a 7-game series. Rebounding will be huge too. If they can't rebound, they can't get out and run. BTW, how is Porkins' hip? ;)

DMC
05-13-2012, 08:05 PM
In order to put Griffin on a team, you have to remove some PF. LMA was the better player throughout the year. He wasn't more exciting, didn't have more points, but he was the better player. If you were building a team

The fact that the team won game 7 on the road with Griffin on the bench in the 4th tells me all I need to know about their position in the standings and what role BG really played it that.

In the next couple of years, you will see people fleeing the Church of Blake Griffin like rats from a sinking ship.

midnightpulp
05-13-2012, 09:05 PM
The above is true. So is the fact that the Spurs haven't had anyone to guard Kobe - even when y'all had Bruce Lee. Parker going off on the Lakers won't be the reason why y'all win - unless he averages 30/10 which won't happen.

I fully expect the Lakers to win the battle of the boards. This negates any 3/14 MWP shooting nights by making you guys play more extended defense and gives us a ton of extra possessions. That's how we survived Kobe's 6-24 night against Boston in 2010 Finals.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm just saying that the days of getting absolutely torched won't happen all the time. Westbrick is an example. In the previous game he had 36. The next game he shot 3/22. Look at Lawson. Killed us in a few games and was giving us the business in game 7. 13 points in the 3rd quarter. He was rolling. Then Kobe shut his ass down in the 4th quarter. Lawson is probably faster than TP - so it gives me reason to believe that we can shut TP down if we need to.

That last game Duncan had was a MF'n fluke. We saw what happened last year. He shot like shit. After getting embarassed 30 to 2, to his credit, he came out shooting his ass off in the next two games. Do you really think he can sustain that type of effort? Maybe, but the likelihood is low - especially since we can throw Hill at him when Bynum or Gasol aren't on him. Duncan at this stage can't dial in like that too much.

I believe the Denver series was a good tuneup for the Thunder. Their top 3 players are perimeter oriented. Our top 3 players can go on the perimeter, but also can post up. I expect us to make their big 3 defend us down low which will take from their offensive games over the course of a 7-game series. Rebounding will be huge too. If they can't rebound, they can't get out and run. BTW, how is Porkins' hip? ;)

Don't disagree with your assessment of how the Spurs matchup with the Lakers. Out of all the remaining playoff teams, the Lakers still matchup best with the Spurs.

But you're being beyond optimistic thinking the Lakers can somehow turn the matchup with the Thunder in their favor. The fact that Westbrook shot 3-22 and the Lakers barely beat the Thunder without Harden for the majority of the game, a game in which they found themselves down 18 in the 4th quarter at home, should concern you.

For the Lakers to beat the Thunder, Blake and Barnes are going to have to play the series of their careers and Artest just can't simply contain Durant, he'll need to lock him down, keep him under 20 points a game. Gasol, Bynum, and Kobe, who I expect to play well, won't produce enough to offset the Thunder's depth. Furthermore, you can't expect the Lakers to dominate the boards against the Thunder since they are an above average rebounding team who were 6th overall this year in total rebounds. To win this game through rebounding, the Lakers would have to literally crush the Thunder on the glass, like having a 3 to 1 offensive rebounding advantage each game. Something I don't see happening. Very possible against the Spurs, but improbable against the Thunder.

OKC is not a good matchup for the Lakers. At all.