http://www.nba.com/2012/news/05/12/mvp-release/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Parker was not far at all of CP3 and Kobe

polandprzem
05-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Nice :tu

I was hoping Tony to be 4th in voting and cp3 surprised me

pgardn
05-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I would love to know where that one vote came from for Tim.

Did someone actually watch Tim play from one of the "Coasts"...

Spurs da champs
05-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't understand why Kobe got more votes then Tony, must be just because he's Kobe.:rolleyes

spursfan1000
05-12-2012, 01:11 PM
IMO Paul is more valuable to his team than parker

Paranoid Pop
05-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
My ballot mirrored the final results, except with Parker fourth and Kobe fifth. #transparency

Jeff didn't give TP a first place vote, should lose his job imo :wow.

Paranoid Pop
05-12-2012, 01:21 PM
IMO Paul is more valuable to his team than parker

Paul is more important to his team than anyone in the league bar none.

LakerHater
05-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Is LeBron really that valuable, I mean they do have Dwayne!
Heat finished 4th overall!

Venti Quattro
05-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Heat finished 4th overall!

That's like asking if Parker is really valuable because they have Duncan.

Spurs da champs
05-12-2012, 01:33 PM
That's like asking if Parker is really valuable because they have Duncan.

That's a joke right? Don't compare this current Duncan to D Wade. But I'm positive LeBron won because how he carried the heat without D Wade they were 12-1 without him.

timvp
05-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Top 5 in MVP voting is a pretty impressive accomplishment. By my count, he's only the fourth Spur to accomplish the feat.

Top 5 in MVP Voting
Tim Duncan - 9
David Robinson - 5
George Gervin - 4
Tony Parker - 1

In career MVP voting, this year's voting bumped Parker from 139th in NBA history to 65th all-time. The next four names ahead of him are Kevin McHale, Tim Hardaway, Lenny Wilkins and Isiah Thomas. That's some great company, especially for someone who hopefully has at least a few more good years left.

The only active NBA players with more career MVP votes: Duncan, Bryant, LeBron, KG, Nash, Dirk, Dwight, Rose, Kidd, CP3, TMac, Wade, Durant, Hill and Billups. Again, pretty impressive.

Congrats. Now go curbstomp Mike Conley, tbh.

polandprzem
05-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Top 5 in MVP voting is a pretty impressive accomplishment. By my count, he's only the fourth Spur to accomplish the feat.

Top 5 in MVP Voting
Tim Duncan - 9
David Robinson - 5
George Gervin - 4
Tony Parker - 1

In career MVP voting, this year's voting bumped Parker from 139th in NBA history to 65th all-time. The next four names ahead of him are Kevin McHale, Tim Hardaway, Lenny Wilkins and Isiah Thomas. That's some great company, especially for someone who hopefully has at least a few more good years left.

The only active NBA players with more career MVP votes: Duncan, Bryant, LeBron, KG, Nash, Dirk, Dwight, Rose, Kidd, CP3, TMac, Wade, Durant, Hill and Billups. Again, pretty impressive.

Congrats. Now go curbstomp Mike Conley, tbh.
Or Cp3 to be better honest

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2012, 01:40 PM
htf did cp3 got above tp9, dude is the most overrated prick in the nba playin on a stacked team, this years clippers is so deep then last season which was hovering around mid lottery....they added 4-5 new players...the only credit i give this douchebag is changing the clippers organization culture to a bunch of floppers...

as for tp9 even the biggest hater on the board would recognize his contribution this season where he carried this team when gino was out injured, he fkn destroyed h2h matches against the leagues best pgs...fkn bullshit

lol kobe once again gettin in base on bullshit reputation past his heydays, when is the media going to pull his dick out of their orifices

timvp
05-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Or Cp3 to be better honest

CP3 has as much of a chance to advance to the second round as you do.

polandprzem
05-12-2012, 01:46 PM

That's the hint of yours?

You would be surprised if me together with Chris advanced to the semis huh?

polandprzem
05-12-2012, 01:47 PM
How can you cross Clipps out?

polandprzem
05-12-2012, 01:49 PM
LJ you can start your annual pre-series thread

Spurs vs Grizzlies

timvp
05-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Since Parker's been in the NBA, these are the only players to finish in the top five of MVP voting:

Kobe Bryant - 8
LeBron James - 6
Tim Duncan - 5
Dwight Howard - 4
Kevin Garnett - 4
Shaquille O'Neal - 4
Steve Nash - 3
Kevin Durant - 3
Chris Paul - 3
Dwyane Wade - 2
Dirk Nowitzki - 2
Allen Iverson - 2
Tracy McGrady - 2
Derrick Rose
Jermaine O'Neal
Peja Stojakovic
Jason Kidd
Tony Parker

eric365
05-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Top 5 in MVP voting is a great accomplishment for TP that will help him a lot to enter the HOF

An all nba team selection is probably coming too. Probably 2nd team

polandprzem
05-12-2012, 02:28 PM
ahh okay

davidbowie
05-12-2012, 03:14 PM
imagine if cp3 would've gone to the lakers

Russ
05-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Look at the fortunes of a team when he leaves and when he arrives.

TD 21
05-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Paul is more important to his team than anyone in the league bar none.

I'm tired of hearing that. Don't get me wrong, since '08, I've had Paul as a top four player and the best PG in the league. But this notion that "they don't have much outside of him", is nonsense. You can criticize them all you want, but it's not like they don't have a semblance of firepower in Foye, Williams and Young. This isn't Paul's Hornets teams, McGrady's Magic teams, Iverson's 76ers teams, etc.

They're a flawed team, for sure, but you know why it appears they're overly reliant on him? Because he has the ball in his hands 95% of the time. I'm not saying he shouldn't, but any team that has the ball in the hands of any player that much is going to appear to be overly reliant on them. It's flat out lazy analysis to pretend "he's more important to his team than anyone in the league bar none", though. Howard is far more important to the Magic.

As far as the voting, I knew Parker would finish fifth behind Paul and Bryant. I could understand Paul, but Bryant has no business being ahead of him. When will people who cover the league stop feeling obligated to kiss his ass? I didn't see Duncan prominently figured into award discussions the past few seasons just because he was Duncan.

Spurfect21
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm tired of hearing that. Don't get me wrong, since '08, I've had Paul as a top four player and the best PG in the league. But this notion that "they don't have much outside of him", is nonsense. You can criticize them all you want, but it's not like they don't have a semblance of firepower in Foye, Williams and Young. This isn't Paul's Hornets teams, McGrady's Magic teams, Iverson's 76ers teams, etc.

They're a flawed team, for sure, but you know why it appears they're overly reliant on him? Because he has the ball in his hands 95% of the time. I'm not saying he shouldn't, but any team that has the ball in the hands of any player that much is going to appear to be overly reliant on them. It's flat out lazy analysis to pretend "he's more important to his team than anyone in the league bar none", though. Howard is far more important to the Magic.

As far as the voting, I knew Parker would finish fifth behind Paul and Bryant. I could understand Paul, but Bryant has no business being ahead of him. When will people who cover the league stop feeling obligated to kiss his ass? I didn't see Duncan prominently figured into award discussions the past few seasons just because he was Duncan.

A lot has to do with global marketing of the league. Kobe/LeBron are the faces of the league around the world whether we like it or not. There will be a natural bias towards him as long as he's a productive player. The NBA is a business and Kobe is a major part of it. LeBron winning MVP is good for the future of the league bc it keeps huge countries like China interested in the product. Just business. At least TP got top 5, and if tony gets a fourth ring it won't matter anyways...

slick'81
05-12-2012, 06:34 PM
props tp9 now get ready to bring it too conley/cp3

Spurs Brazil
05-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Congrats Tony!

Bartleby
05-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Finals MVP is the one that really matters, tbh

MannyIsGod
05-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Since Parker's been in the NBA, these are the only players to finish in the top five of MVP voting:

Kobe Bryant - 8
LeBron James - 6
Tim Duncan - 5
Dwight Howard - 4
Kevin Garnett - 4
Shaquille O'Neal - 4
Steve Nash - 3
Kevin Durant - 3
Chris Paul - 3
Dwyane Wade - 2
Dirk Nowitzki - 2
Allen Iverson - 2
Tracy McGrady - 2
Derrick Rose
Jermaine O'Neal
Peja Stojakovic
Jason Kidd
Tony Parker

:lol

WTF?!?!?!?!?

J O'Neal I can KINDA understand although not really. But fucking PEJA!?!?!?!

slick'81
05-12-2012, 07:30 PM
i do remember peja having 1 really good season but yeah lol

Keepin' it real
05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Finals MVP is the one that really matters, tbh

You're right. They should just cancel the regular season MVP award altogether. :rolleyes

Bartleby
05-12-2012, 08:14 PM
You're right. They should just cancel the regular season MVP award altogether. :rolleyes

Which do you think Lebron, Nash, Paul etc. would rather have?

Russo21
05-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Kudo's to Tony. 5th in MVP voting is brilliant. On my list i had him 3rd behind LeBron and Durant. Was close lol. In my oppinion i still have him ahead of Kobe and Paul but whatever, 5th is great and the votes between 3 4 and 5 were very close.

LeBron 3 MVP's & 0 championships
Tony 0 MVP's & 3 Championships + 1 finals MVP + boned Eva Longoria

Tony's done better so far lol

dunkman
05-12-2012, 11:14 PM
TP was a really good player since his second season, and still keeps getting better every season.

will_spurs
05-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Some years are weaker than others (e.g. any year when Nash won a MVP or Howard got in the top 5). This year was quite strong, with 2 clear leaders and a lot of players possibly filling the other 3 slots. It's still a great achievement, and one that further cements TP's body of work as a potential HOFer.

I'm really angry at stupid SA media for playing it fair. When one of your guys is a potential Top 5 candidate, you HAVE to give him your 1st place vote and then only think about the rest of the league. What Jeff McD did was really screwed up.

Another thing that jumped at me when I looked at the list is that Howard already has as many Top 5 MVP spots as Shaq (but not the top spot), which is a joke considering how dominant one of them was compared to the other.

Spurtacus
05-13-2012, 03:12 AM
Congrats to Tony. Just another accomplishment to his HOF resume.

dunkman
05-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Some years are weaker than others (e.g. any year when Nash won a MVP or Howard got in the top 5). This year was quite strong, with 2 clear leaders and a lot of players possibly filling the other 3 slots. It's still a great achievement, and one that further cements TP's body of work as a potential HOFer.

I'm really angry at stupid SA media for playing it fair. When one of your guys is a potential Top 5 candidate, you HAVE to give him your 1st place vote and then only think about the rest of the league. What Jeff McD did was really screwed up.

Another thing that jumped at me when I looked at the list is that Howard already has as many Top 5 MVP spots as Shaq (but not the top spot), which is a joke considering how dominant one of them was compared to the other.

During his prime, Shaq was often injured so he couldn't qualify for the award. He would have won various MVP's otherwise.

mkurts
05-13-2012, 08:00 AM
I would have thought Rondo should have been much closer to being MVP - without him the Celtics don't even make the playoffs.

Same with Chris Paul - without him the Clippers wouldn't even have a chance to beat Memphis or get playoff seeding .....

Obstructed_View
05-13-2012, 08:49 AM
One of Shaq's MVP trophies is at Steve Nash's house. LeBron's fourth is sitting next to it.

polandprzem
05-13-2012, 02:34 PM

polandprzem
05-13-2012, 02:34 PM

:elephant

wut
05-13-2012, 03:04 PM
This should be bulletin board material for Parker going into the next round vs CP3.

Obstructed_View
05-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Jeff didn't give TP a first place vote, should lose his job imo :wow.

Looks like he might have given a first place vote to Kawhi for RoY, which is more appropriate than giving Parker a first place vote for MVP.