PDA

View Full Version : Where and when can tickets for game one be purchased?

TE
05-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Cheap and decent seats. Thanks

Splits
05-12-2012, 03:18 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/san-antonio-spurs-playoff-tickets/san-antonio-spurs-san-antonio-at-t-center-5-14-2012-4046386/

Fabbs
05-12-2012, 03:22 PM
$7.50 to get you in the door and into a balcony seat.
Am i seeing things?

What is wrong with you San Antone resident?

davidbowie
05-12-2012, 03:33 PM
there are plenty still at ticketmaster. but often you can cheaper on stubhub.

does anyone know why, like a few days ago, there were very few (none in lower levels) seats together available, but now i look and it seems like more have been released. why/how does this happen? does it happen every game?

TE
05-12-2012, 04:20 PM
When will the first game be?

InK
05-12-2012, 04:27 PM
there are plenty still at ticketmaster. but often you can cheaper on stubhub.

does anyone know why, like a few days ago, there were very few (none in lower levels) seats together available, but now i look and it seems like more have been released. why/how does this happen? does it happen every game?

It happens becasue most of the time ALL the tickets are not released on the date of sale/presale. Lots of times a good portion of the tickets are witheld and later dropped, the percentage of witheld tickets ( well the decision of how big of a chunk) is in the hands of the promoters of events. The reasons why they do it are debatable, the results are not.

This this rather stupid system they (ticketmaster, livenation)have in place mostly benefits brokers, who have bots/drop checkers which constantly try pulling tickets for hot events. So what is on paper a helpful tool for fans who drop by the ticketmaster event page in the last few days before the event searching for tickets because they missed the date of the onsale, turns out to be a excellent tool for brokers who just pick up any profitable seats on this kind of drops. Stupid system

When ur buying tickets allways go first to stubhub or ticket nation, or even the ticket exchange ( on ticketmaster.com at event site). The season holders can sell their seats with there with no commission i think, so prices are cheaper, whereas on sh they have to pay 15 percent for commission (unless they have 250k quarter revenue, which is rare) and its 8 percent commission on TN.

Keepin' it real
05-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Ticket exchange prices have always been ridiculously high every time I've checked. Stubhub is the better option.

InK
05-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Ticket exchange prices have always been ridiculously high every time I've checked. Stubhub is the better option.

Ye on average they are, casue you have people patroling and grabbing good deals fast. Doesnt mean u cant find a good deal there as well though. Doesnt hurt to check

davidbowie
05-12-2012, 06:34 PM
thnx for all the info Ink. got any more tips and advice, please pass it on.

tediousj
05-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Ive mainly use stubhub, but found seatgeek.com to be a good tool to find the best deal. Its almost like kayak.com, but for event tickets.

Spurtacus
05-12-2012, 11:40 PM
$7.50 to get you in the door and into a balcony seat.
Am i seeing things?

What is wrong with you San Antone resident?

Thinking the same thing. I'd be at every game if I lived in SA.

spursfan1000
05-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Stubhub is pretty good, today I bOught my first tickets from there for Tuesdays game... 12$ for each ticket...not bad

tediousj
05-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Balcony level is for the proletariat...

robino2001
05-13-2012, 05:58 AM
When ur buying tickets allways go first to stubhub or ticket nation, or even the ticket exchange ( on ticketmaster.com at event site). The season holders can sell their seats with there with no commission i think, so prices are cheaper, whereas on sh they have to pay 15 percent for commission (unless they have 250k quarter revenue, which is rare) and its 8 percent commission on TN.

Ticket exchange (ticketmaster STH resale) takes 10% from the STH and then I believe charges an additional 12% to the customer... they take a HUGE commission.

doldrums
05-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Stubhub is pretty good, today I bOught my first tickets from there for Tuesdays game... 12$ for each ticket...not bad

crazy -$12 for a second round playoff game :downspin:

InK
05-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Ticket exchange (ticketmaster STH resale) takes 10% from the STH and then I believe charges an additional 12% to the customer... they take a HUGE commission.

Ah my bad on that then. But saying its a HUGE commission compared to to SH isnt exactly accurate as well, since u have 15% on seller and 10% on buyer charges there.