PDA

View Full Version : Can We Please Get A Sitcom About Bros Being Bros?

CubanSucks
05-12-2012, 11:53 PM
What bad could possibly come from a live-audience/laugh-track sitcom about young and single broskis just doin bro stuff in the big city? I expect some uproarious and hip dialogue while we sit back and watch the beers flow :hat

Px01VXvlht4

IWantsACuatro
05-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Cool story, bro.

CubanSucks
05-13-2012, 12:49 AM
It's not my story, bro. It's the story of four 21st century dudes puttin down a few buds and gettin some hot tail! :drunk

redzero
05-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Very Funny

Sisk
05-13-2012, 12:52 AM
This looks fucking terrible.

Reck
05-13-2012, 01:03 AM
TBS should stick to reruns of Seinfeld to be honest.

They so terribly failed with that shit from Perry. Yuck

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2012, 01:29 AM
looks very unfunny

Viva Las Espuelas
05-14-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm already tired of that show.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Every time I've heard Dick Stockton have to read that promo it fills me with murderous rage. The guy's been in sports broadcasting for decades. He deserves better.

TBH I'm amazed this thing will be airing. Not because of the quality, TBS isn't exactly the great gatekeeper of quality TV. I'm just shocked that Tyler Perry couldn't squeeze out another half hour sitcom for them. Did he run out of excuses to wear a dress?

mrsmaalox
05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Every time I've heard Dick Stockton have to read that promo it fills me with murderous rage. The guy's been in sports broadcasting for decades. He deserves better.

TBH I'm amazed this thing will be airing. Not because of the quality, TBS isn't exactly the great gatekeeper of quality TV. I'm just shocked that Tyler Perry couldn't squeeze out another half hour sitcom for them. Did he run out of excuses to wear a dress?

I believe I heard somewhere, I may be wrong so don't start happy dancing yet, that Tyler Perry's studio burned down?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-14-2012, 10:36 AM
I believe I heard somewhere, I may be wrong so don't start happy dancing yet, that Tyler Perry's studio burned down?

!!!!

I wouldn't dance over that. Might not cry over it either.

Bill_Brasky
05-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Fun fact: Hyde from the 70's show and Francis from Malcolm in the Middle are IRL bros.

InRareForm
05-14-2012, 11:20 AM
bangbros?

TimDunkem
05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Are you ready for it? Put on your seat belts, America!

Nathan Explosion
05-14-2012, 12:38 PM
It doesn't look funny because it's too damn over the top. Some of the great comedies were very low key in their comedy. Seinfeld was mentioned earlier, and the only over the top character was Kramer, and even he didn't look as stupid as the 3 guys dancing while Hyde asked the girl out.

Hell, go look back and one of Fox's first comedies, Married With Children, and even that was over the top, but it was fucking hilarious.

Do the writers in Hollywood have such low expectations of us? I guess so, right?

cantthinkofanything
05-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Do the writers in Hollywood have such low expectations of us? I guess so, right?

l4AnDL3w-qU

CuckingFunt
05-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Do the writers in Hollywood have such low expectations of us?

http://news.yahoo.com/seeking-comeback-nbc-bets-heavily-comedy-174828001.html

"Midseason shows include a comedy about a president and first lady played by Bill Pullman and Jenna Elfman, a comedy with Dane Cook as a foulmouthed DJ forced to share his microphone with a feminist and a drama about Hannibal Lecter."

mrsmaalox
05-14-2012, 03:33 PM
"a comedy with Dane Cook as a foulmouthed DJ forced to share his microphone with a feminist"

So they are, like, opposites?? He'll be a filthy misongynist who gets his laughs from spewing negative female stereotypes, and she'll be ice cold, emotionally stunted with a stick up her ass? Hmmmm, never heard of such a thing but it sounds like a recipe for hilarious hijinks!

CuckingFunt
05-14-2012, 03:45 PM
So they are, like, opposites?? He'll be a filthy misongynist who gets his laughs from spewing negative female stereotypes, and she'll be ice cold, emotionally stunted with a stick up her ass? Hmmmm, never heard of such a thing but it sounds like a recipe for hilarious hijinks!

Doesn't it just?

Reck
05-14-2012, 04:04 PM
It doesn't look funny because it's too damn over the top. Some of the great comedies were very low key in their comedy. Seinfeld was mentioned earlier, and the only over the top character was Kramer, and even he didn't look as stupid as the 3 guys dancing while Hyde asked the girl out.

Hell, go look back and one of Fox's first comedies, Married With Children, and even that was over the top, but it was fucking hilarious.

The funny thing about all this ironically its that none of those actors, (cant speak for the guy talking with the chick) are funny at all.

I've seen the other actors play respectable roles in other shows like Las Vegas, Lost, Smallville and the like.

How do you go from respectable role to comedy? Doesn't compute.

Specially when they're not funny at all.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-14-2012, 04:05 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/seeking-comeback-nbc-bets-heavily-comedy-174828001.html

"Midseason shows include a comedy about a president and first lady played by Bill Pullman and Jenna Elfman, a comedy with Dane Cook as a foulmouthed DJ forced to share his microphone with a feminist and a drama about Hannibal Lecter."

Hmm. I thought Elfman was gonna start being a regular on Shameless.

Spurminator
05-14-2012, 05:12 PM

Their expectations are set at the bar we set for them via ratings.

That said, this looks like a bomb. I give it one season.

Kai
05-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Honestly blows my mind when I wonder how this show got the green light for a season.

spursncowboys
05-14-2012, 11:29 PM
name recognition and the idea that they can rip off a small amount of HIMYM fans. Add the fact that the tv share that TBS has in that timeslot right now, they could have the actor's moms be the only ones watching and TBS still would increase viewers

Buddy Holly
05-15-2012, 05:47 AM
People wonder how this got on air? That show about dudes dressing up as horrible looking women for work purposes got air time on ABC. Nothing will ever surprise me again.

DMC
05-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Just simplifying the humor for a more obese, less intelligent populace tbh. Very funny.

I think they should have more commercials, really get the message out that they are going to be really funny and original.