PDA

View Full Version : sons Gasol showed once again why he is the legit team leader of Lakers

BRHornet45
05-13-2012, 12:26 AM
sons current team leaders of the Lakers are as follows ...

1. Pau Gasol

2. Andrew Bynum

-----------------

current top role players

1. Steve Blake

2. Kobe Bryant

spursfan1000
05-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Lmao at any team gasol is the leader of.

pass1st
05-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Son, Gasol is the reason this shit went to 7 games in the first place

1-10

BRHornet45
05-13-2012, 12:28 AM
and son Gasol is ALSO the reason why the Lakers won game 7 tonight and why they have back to back championships.

spursfan1000
05-13-2012, 12:35 AM
and son Gasol is ALSO the reason why the Lakers won game 7 tonight and why they have back to back championships.

ExPlains why he has 2 finals MVP tbh

GoodOdor
05-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Sons which team is stern gonna rig the second round for? I
need to know please.

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2012, 12:38 AM

1. Pau Gasol

2. Andrew Bynum

-----------------

current top role players

1. Steve Blake

2. Kobe Bryant

HOW YOU LIKE DEM APPLES BR :lmao:lmao:lmao

namlook
05-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Gasol the leader? LMAO!!!!

Juggity
05-13-2012, 01:17 AM
ExPlains why he has 2 finals MVP tbh

lmao at the NBA awarding a finals MVP to the player who shit the bed in game 7 with a 6-24 performance that was legendary only for its ineptitude. :lol

DMC
05-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Lakers' Jerry West once won MVP on the losing team.

unforeseen
05-13-2012, 01:26 AM
BR, you are trolling too hard.
To say Kobe is a role player is harsh. You are still hating that Kobe went to the Lakers and the Hornets ended up with Divac.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 01:28 AM

1. Pau Gasol

2. Andrew Bynum

-----------------

current top role players

1. Steve Blake

2. Kobe Bryant
Butthurt for Real Hornet. :lol

Mugen
05-13-2012, 01:28 AM
BR on point. Last two game 7s, Kobe's been carried to glory by that Spaniard pussy.

spursfan1000
05-13-2012, 01:37 AM
lmao at the NBA awarding a finals MVP to the player who shit the bed in game 7 with a 6-24 performance that was legendary only for its ineptitude. :lol

Sorry that they do not judge the award on 1 game.

BRHornet45
05-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Butthurt for Real Hornet. :lol

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ln7cbl.gif

Proxy
05-13-2012, 01:45 AM
ExPlains why Kobe has 2 finals MVP tbh

ftfy, if we want stay true to the "troll" theme going on

VBM
05-13-2012, 03:00 AM

http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-Asian-girl-dancing-mom-car.gif

dunkman
05-13-2012, 03:39 AM
The Lakers go as far as Gasol takes them.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 03:46 AM

:lol

Black&Silver
05-13-2012, 03:57 AM
So the lakers have:

Team leader Pau Gasol

Andrew "the best center in the 2012 playoffs" Bynum

And a top ten player all time in Kobe Bryant.

As talented these guys look on paper it does not translate on the court.

Latarian Milton
05-13-2012, 04:54 AM
billups was thought to be the leader of 04' pistons when the team had no true leader, today's lakers are just similar tbh, spurs ain't much different either. TOSB's can't do that much as they used to do but they still find a way to "lead" their teams to win. they're still leaders in the locker room but not on the court anymore

Venti Quattro
05-13-2012, 05:46 AM
So the lakers have:

Team leader Pau Gasol

Andrew "the best center in the 2012 playoffs" Bynum

And a top ten player all time in Kobe Bryant.

As talented these guys look on paper it does not translate on the court.

Yes, that's why this "it good looks on paper" lineup has won two titles.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 06:19 AM
LEFQo0Fl-hI&feature=plcp

ambchang
05-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Very frustrating for Gasoline to have another dominant game while his main supporting player chucks 7-18 ball and not play up to his potential. Gasoline is just too nice for not calling his teammates out more often, he has to be a better leader by throwing his teammates under the bus more often.

Venti Quattro
05-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Let's be clear tbh. This is the pecking order in the Lakers:

1. Gasol
2. Bynum
3. Kobe

JamStone
05-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Makes sense that Gasol is the leader.

Black athletes tend to follow white vagina.

LkrFan
05-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Makes sense that Jeremy Lin is the leader.

Black athletes tend to follow Asian vagina.

:lol

Malice
05-13-2012, 09:56 AM

Boner Killer.

Stalin
05-13-2012, 10:43 AM
TOSB kobe has become even more irrelevant. This game yet again shows him up for the overrated chucker he is, and lakers will only go as far as their frontline will take them. As far as second round to be exact.

JamStone
05-13-2012, 10:48 AM
TOSB kobe has become even more irrelevant. This game yet again shows him up for the overrated chucker he is, and lakers will only go as far as their frontline will take them. As far as second round to be exact.

Kobe didn't chuck last night though. He got his teammates a lot of open looks when he got double teamed. He didn't force any shots in the fourth quarter except for the three with the shot clock running down. And after Ty Lawson ripped apart the Lakers during that third quarter run, Kobe took it upon himself to guard Lawson and kept him pretty much in check from there on out.

No matter what happens with the Lakers, good or bad, Kobe will get criticism no matter what he does or how he plays. But last night, I thought it was one of Kobe's better performances. Wasn't forcing many shots. When Pau and Bynum showed early in the game that they were into the game and ready to play, they got plenty of touches. Kobe passed out of the double teams and let his teammates make the open shots, and because they were hitting (particularly Steve Blake), Kobe kept on passing the ball to them instead of forcing the issue himself. And in the fourth quarter, he took on the responsibility to guard the one guy on Denver who was destroying the Lakers, Ty Lawson, and did a pretty good job on him. One of the better performances by Kobe in the playoffs imo.

CavsSuperFan
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Gasol was the most dominate player on the court and Brown has him spending the majority of the possessions on the top of the key and setting picks… Lakers swarming George Karl after the game with Lakers love…Wonder if they were asking him to come coach them…

ambchang
05-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Kobe didn't chuck last night though. He got his teammates a lot of open looks when he got double teamed. He didn't force any shots in the fourth quarter except for the three with the shot clock running down. And after Ty Lawson ripped apart the Lakers during that third quarter run, Kobe took it upon himself to guard Lawson and kept him pretty much in check from there on out.

No matter what happens with the Lakers, good or bad, Kobe will get criticism no matter what he does or how he plays. But last night, I thought it was one of Kobe's better performances. Wasn't forcing many shots. When Pau and Bynum showed early in the game that they were into the game and ready to play, they got plenty of touches. Kobe passed out of the double teams and let his teammates make the open shots, and because they were hitting (particularly Steve Blake), Kobe kept on passing the ball to them instead of forcing the issue himself. And in the fourth quarter, he took on the responsibility to guard the one guy on Denver who was destroying the Lakers, Ty Lawson, and did a pretty good job on him. One of the better performances by Kobe in the playoffs imo.

Spot on. Kobe plays his best when he embraces his supporting role, play defense, and let the Lakers dominant frontline carry the Lakers.

JamStone
05-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Spot on. Kobe plays his best when he embraces his supporting role, play defense, and let the Lakers dominant frontline carry the Lakers.

Yup. Just like when Jordan relied on Pippen's defense and Rodman's rebounding and let guys like John Paxson and Steve Kerr shine. There are times when superstars have to play their roles too, as facilitator or decoy to force double teams that lead to open shots for teammates. Good point.

Juggity
05-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Sorry that they do not judge the award on 1 game.

You're arguing that game 7 of the NBA Finals shouldn't have counted towards the Finals MVP determination. Game 7 of the NBA finals :lol

blah blah blah
05-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Didn't read the OP tbh

I will say the Lakers played the style of play they have to last night in order to win a title. Kobe deferring until that coldblooded 3 late in the 4th. Gasol still pissed me off for most of the game though.

As for Bynum, it will be good not to see McGee anymore. For some reason he's given Drew many problems. There were times he even looked intimidated by Javale :wow

Jt.ONE
05-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Very frustrating for Gasoline to have another dominant game while his main supporting player chucks 7-18 ball and not play up to his potential.

did you even watch the game ?

Venti Quattro
05-13-2012, 01:52 PM
did you even watch the game ?

Box scores and Hollinger articles are all that you need.

ambchang
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Yup. Just like when Jordan relied on Pippen's defense and Rodman's rebounding and let guys like John Paxson and Steve Kerr shine. There are times when superstars have to play their roles too, as facilitator or decoy to force double teams that lead to open shots for teammates. Good point.

Tough to find those games tbh.

In those 6 championship runs, it's tough to find one game where Jordan sucked, his teammate shined, and the Bulls won.

ambchang
05-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Box scores and Hollinger articles are all that you need.

I should have said that to the national media. Too bad I am a nobody, I should consider cheating on my wife and buying her a $4M rock to gain some notoriety.

hater
05-14-2012, 01:34 PM
when your leader excels, you win

when your leader plays like shit, you lose

that's the way things been since the dawn of ages. And no, lakerfan, we will not change this thousand year old logic because of Bean

JamStone
05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Tough to find those games tbh.

In those 6 championship runs, it's tough to find one game where Jordan sucked, his teammate shined, and the Bulls won.

You're probably right. I bet it never happened. If it did, maybe once or twice. But probably not. I'm sure it's next to impossible to find even one game like that.

Let me go check...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199105190CHI.html (Jordan 6-for-15 for 22 points, the bench 12-for-21 for 30 points)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199106070LAL.html (Jordan 11-for-28 for 29 points, Horace Grant and Cliff Levingston 14-for-16 for 32 points)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199205290CLE.html (Jordan 10-for-27, the rest of the Bulls 28-for-57)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199305290CHI.html (20 point blowout win for the Bulls with Jordan shooting 3-for-18 from the field)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199306040CHI.html (Jordan shoots 8-for-24 from the field, each of the other 7 Chicago Bulls players that attempted a shot in this game shot over 50% from the field)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199605120NYK.html (Jordan 7-for-23, the bench 11-for-17 from the field, 5-for-5 from 3 point range, Rodman had 19 rebounds)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199606160CHI.html (Jordan 5-for-19, 5 turnovers, Longley and Rodman with surprising offensive contributions, 9-for-15 and 21 points)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199705280CHI.html (Jordan 11-for-31, Pippen only played 7 minutes, Longley, Harper, and Rodman combined for 38 big points when they only averaged 20 points in those playoffs)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199705220CHI.html (Jordan 4-for-15 from the field, Pippen had to step up to help win the game)

ambchang
05-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Very nice comparing Jordan with his entire supporting cast, and in most cases include multiple players. Other than the 3-18 game, Jordan was the leading scorer for the Bulls in all the games you listed, including tied for leading scorer in 2 of those games.

I guess you helped showed me how hard it is to find where Jordan sucked, his teammate stepped up, and the Bulls still won. Thanks.

JamStone
05-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Lol so if Kobe is the leading scorer for the Lakers he didn't sucked? Is that what you are suggesting?

Comparing Jordan to multiple Bulls teammates shows he sucked compared to multiple teammates. Nothing more, nothing less. When one guy takes the vast majority of shots, teammates have to shine with limited touches. That's pretty obvious. Now you want to put conditions on the argument.

The examples are all legitimate and valid. I think there are some people on these boards in their quest to discredit Kobe wanting and needing to believe that Jordan was perfect, never infallible, never had a bad game, never got bailed out by his teammates. Ridiculous. Its the length some of you go just to hate on Kobe. Kobe has huge blemishes on his resume. He is not and never will be as good as Jordan. But Jordan wasn't perfect. Hate to break it to you.

Those examples prove you were wrong in your claim Jordan never sucked, while teammates shine, and the Bulls still won. Just accept it. It's not like it only happened once or twice.

ambchang
05-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Just for your info, I hated Jordan. I think he is massively overrated (not the clear cut GOAT of all time), but Kobe is so far back away from him, comparing them is an insult to even an overrated Jordan.

And I never said Jordan never sucked, I said those games are hard to come by. And by those games, I specifically stated the games where Jordan sucked, teammate shined, and the Bulls won, which happened multiple times to Kobe.

Other than the 3/18 game, those are not legitimate and valid to my original condition.

BTW, there are plenty of games where Kobe sucked, his teammate shined, and the Lakers won.

GuillermoDiazFan
05-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Flash back to 2005. Comparisons between Kobe and Jordan, even if it's to say they're not at the same level and Jordan is worlds better is kind of dated dudes.

JamStone
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Just for your info, I hated Jordan. I think he is massively overrated (not the clear cut GOAT of all time), but Kobe is so far back away from him, comparing them is an insult to even an overrated Jordan.

And I never said Jordan never sucked, I said those games are hard to come by. And by those games, I specifically stated the games where Jordan sucked, teammate shined, and the Bulls won, which happened multiple times to Kobe.

Other than the 3/18 game, those are not legitimate and valid to my original condition.

BTW, there are plenty of games where Kobe sucked, his teammate shined, and the Lakers won.

I wasn't comparing Kobe to Jordan as far as legacy goes. I have maintained for a long time that Kobe is NOT and never will be as great as Jordan. He won't. I responded to your jab at Kobe by suggesting it was the same for Jordan at times, and then I provided legitimate examples.

You said those games were hard to come by then added:

I gave you 9 examples. You suggested there wouldn't even be one. And then you tried to change your argument with:

Very nice comparing Jordan with his entire supporting cast, and in most cases include multiple players. Other than the 3-18 game, Jordan was the leading scorer for the Bulls in all the games you listed, including tied for leading scorer in 2 of those games.

... as if you're suggesting that being the leading scorer for a game means Jordan didn't suck. Guess what? In game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals against the Celtics where Kobe shot 6-for-24, Kobe was the leading scorer for the Lakers. Guess by your inferred logic, Kobe didn't suck that game.

I don't care what you think about Jordan. It's obvious you wanted to blast and discredit Kobe regardless. And that's fine. You aren't the first. You certainly won't be the last. And Kobe deserves plenty of the criticism he gets. But when you make claims and contentions like you did how it would be tough to find even one game during the Bulls 6 championship runs where Jordan sucked, teammates shined, and they still won, you better be able to accept it graciously when you're proven wrong.